Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please Mods can you help us with this feature/issue? at least tell us when we can look for a solution? thank you

On the U18 squad page, there is a quick pick tab. Click the arrow on that and one of the options is "Set team selection guidelines". If you combine your settings there with picking the players you want on the squad screen, the manager should follow these guidelines.

Far from intuitive, but it does work in my experience.

I went with this advice, not only am I seeing the same bugs but I also cannot sign anyone on loan. No matter who it is, I can't even offer the club anything because no matter who it is, they want their player to be playing with a better quality of player. It could be my feeder club Blackburn's 17 year old, it can be someone in League 2 it makes no difference.

Set up your DoF to bring in loan players with you having the final say.

I'm in the Skrill North and I've had loans from Leicester and Sheff United this season.

I went with this advice, not only am I seeing the same bugs but I also cannot sign anyone on loan. No matter who it is, I can't even offer the club anything because no matter who it is, they want their player to be playing with a better quality of player. It could be my feeder club Blackburn's 17 year old, it can be someone in League 2 it makes no difference.

Go into the transfer centre and then transfer targets, ask your assistant for recommendations for the different positions, you should get some good loans from there.

You do seem to have the worse luck out of anyone I've ever seen with FM. Every single bug hits you.

Honestly this baffles me as well. I do see some issues in my game from time to time and obviously some ME quirks, but it's nothing like the experience some people seem to be having where everything is just bug after bug. Is it a tolerance level thing or something?

On topic, I definitely had no problems signing players on loan in English lower leagues. It's a different matter in Spain though where none of my staff have been able to recommend a loan signing in more than a season. Is there something in the rules I'm missing or is it something to look at?

There's a difference between the odd very high score and overall too many goals. overall too many goals has already been acknowledged.

The odd very high score has to be looked at in context because it does happen irl and that's quite hard to analyse, I've certainly seen nothing alarming in my saves and I have over 400 hours clocked.

My guess would be they're not getting enough space on the ball when they do get into the box.

There could be a real chance in there that's been missed by the match engine, but it's impossible to tell without watching the match.

Is this the sort of thing you get often? If so, best way to turn half chances into full chances would be to post about it in the tactics forum and see what advice they come up with to increase the space around your players.

If this is a one off, it's just one of those results you need to kick the crap out of something for until you feel better. I suggest getting a drum kit, it's immensely therapeutic and cool as hell :cool:

The explaination that someone needs to come up with is why this "only" happens with teams managed by players and not AI-teams. I think I can count at one hand the times I've seen this happen for me against an AI opponent the last 4-5 years, but the other way around I could have given you numerous examples. For me, if the ME is working properly, it shouldn't make any difference between AI and us, but obviously it does.

There's a difference between the odd very high score and overall too many goals. overall too many goals has already been acknowledged.

The odd very high score has to be looked at in context because it does happen irl and that's quite hard to analyse, I've certainly seen nothing alarming in my saves and I have over 400 hours clocked.

My bad Kriss, I thought we were just talking about too many goals in general :D

The acknowledged 'too many goals overall', is that being resolved in the upcoming update?

The explaination that someone needs to come up with is why this "only" happens with teams managed by players and not AI-teams. I think I can count at one hand the times I've seen this happen for me against an AI opponent the last 4-5 years, but the other way around I could have given you numerous examples. For me, if the ME is working properly, it shouldn't make any difference between AI and us, but obviously it does.

Because AI teams aren't belligerently stubborn.

There is no difference between the AI and human other than that the human refuses to learn.

There are far too many goals in leagues that are on full detail. I can only assume this is linked to the overpowered wingers and underpowered fullbacks. But it's the same for all teams though, so until the fix is in place, it's not too much to suspend belief for a while.

My league last season

Six teams with over a hundred goals. And the bottom three teams conceded 118, 100, and 131 respectively. Overkill, slightly!

Now, here is the Skrill South in the same season, not on full detail

Much more realistic. Hopefully the update addresses this. It's not gamebreaking but it does detract from the realism.

And yes, missed out on the title by a point and lost out in the playoffs. That doesn't even tell half the story, Check the dafuge challenge thread for the gory details if you're interested.

why does it take forever and a day to get into the downloads part?
Because FM wants to import your gigantic graphics folder. Just rename your graphics folder before you browse through the downloads, can rename it to graphics again afterwards. Annoying, but it works.

There are far too many goals in leagues that are on full detail. I can only assume this is linked to the overpowered wingers and underpowered fullbacks. But it's the same for all teams though, so until the fix is in place, it's not too much to suspend belief for a while.

My league last season

Six teams with over a hundred goals. And the bottom three teams conceded 118, 100, and 131 respectively. Overkill, slightly!

Now, here is the Skrill South in the same season, not on full detail

Much more realistic. Hopefully the update addresses this. It's not gamebreaking but it does detract from the realism.

And yes, missed out on the title by a point and lost out in the playoffs. That doesn't even tell half the story, Check the dafuge challenge thread for the gory details if you're interested.

There are too many goals in leagues in full detail and not enough in others. If you look at your Skrill South league table there are nine sides which have conceded fewer than a goal a game. Last season, in real life, not a single team in that league managed that, although three or four came close. Realism lies somewhere in the middle. I'm pretty sure this issue has come up before in previous incarnations of the game and been sorted pretty sharpish. Personally it is stopping me starting a proper game. It detracts from the realism just that bit too much for me.

Because AI teams aren't belligerently stubborn.

There is no difference between the AI and human other than that the human refuses to learn.

If that had been the case, they wouldn't have created 30 chances/shots every game without scoring. Nor would AI have 50% or more utlilization on their chances all the time. I'm not saying that there is some kind of conspiracy behind this, but the explanations to why the differences are so extreme are not good enough.

If that had been the case, they wouldn't have created 30 chances/shots every game without scoring. Nor would AI have 50% or more utlilization on their chances all the time. I'm not saying that there is some kind of conspiracy behind this, but the explanations to why the differences are so extreme are not good enough.

There is zero difference between human and the AI in the match engine. It really is that simple. The difference could be down to a myriad of things, all of which the user can change/attempt to improve on.

During the kickoff, several times I've seen my player slide into my other player when the ball is being passed to him. It looks absolutely ridiculous and is obviously not realistic. Is this an issue that is being looked at?

Often I feel like I'm managing a team of drooling clueless idiots, and the other team is composed of 11 Messi's, passing and running to near perfection. But when I check their key players, they have terrible stats compared to mine. :/

During the kickoff, several times I've seen my player slide into my other player when the ball is being passed to him. It looks absolutely ridiculous and is obviously not realistic. Is this an issue that is being looked at?

Often I feel like I'm managing a team of drooling clueless idiots, and the other team is composed of 11 Messi's, passing and running to near perfection. But when I check their key players, they have terrible stats compared to mine. :/

First point is indeed a known issue.

Second point, now you know how Harry feels :D

Just wait till they start making you work for your pension. :)

On a related note on clueless idiots, I encountered several times players with no-one immediatly near and the ball not even near falling down on their face. Not sure if they're triping over their own feets or they're clowns. Sure had me laughing with tears the first few times. :p

Is that a known issue?

And I think the graphics/player movements look a bit awkward at this moment. Should be smoother/more natural, but that's not high priority right now. I swear sometimes it looks like players are turning around and pressing their arse against the opponent. Maybe it's a scare tactic.

And I also noticed much heel passes (don't know the right english term for it). Anyone else noticed that? Or would this be caused by the tactic I'm using?

There is zero difference between human and the AI in the match engine. It really is that simple. The difference could be down to a myriad of things, all of which the user can change/attempt to improve on.

I hope that is the case, but then it is the managerial abilities of the AI's that aren't differensiated enough. There should be a difference in how often a top manager are able to exploit those "weaknesses" in our lack of experience, but right now it seems like it is the same case playing a team in the Premier League or Blue Square.. If SI or anyone else actually feels that this isn't a problem and is working the way it should, then one should really make an effort to explain why. Short "it's your tactic-answers" will never solve anything..

I don't know why I was so stupid to uninstall FM12 and erase all saved games BEFORE installing this one. I'm eating my b*lls as never did before!!

I can't play 10 minutes without becoming angry or seeing that things don't work. I like the interface really a lot but when I come to matchday it seems as I have to climb a mountain by bike and headache hits in until I have to quit the game and the PC, and start thinking about some other activity just like cooking and/or house cleaning.

The potential is really big but I start to think it will never be really working as much as FM12 and previous versions were, there are really too many bugs and messed up ME things (LLorente driving straight into box and score 3 goals in 15 mins as he was Messi, for example, such kinds of things make me feel like an idiot).

I will wait until the next patch (I hope it will come out soon) and will give it a try, then I'll decide to definitely stop if game-breaking bugs keep affecting the game.

Thank you and cheers from Italy.

I don't know why I was so stupid to uninstall FM12 and erase all saved games BEFORE installing this one. I'm eating my b*lls as never did before!!

I can't play 10 minutes without becoming angry or seeing that things don't work. I like the interface really a lot but when I come to matchday it seems as I have to climb a mountain by bike and headache hits in until I have to quit the game and the PC, and start thinking about some other activity just like cooking and/or house cleaning.

The potential is really big but I start to think it will never be really working as much as FM12 and previous versions were, there are really too many bugs and messed up ME things (LLorente driving straight into box and score 3 goals in 15 mins as he was Messi, for example, such kinds of things make me feel like an idiot).

I will wait until the next patch (I hope it will come out soon) and will give it a try, then I'll decide to definitely stop if game-breaking bugs keep affecting the game.

Am I missing something here? I'd hate to be that user (DD) but it's a ''game breaking'' issue if a world class forward scores a hattrick?

i know it's not the right thread, but anyway... despite the game sometimes feels like p... in the a.. it can be so addictive and FUN!!! just went two my second consecutive final in scott. cup. lost the first one in my second season. now we won on penalties. 4-3...yeah!!! the game winning pen was made by ian black, he should already been sold... what a funny story. hate it or love it, this game turns man into little boys, jumping and screaming like they just won the lottery, if things like that happen :lol:

Found yet another bug. Board confidence. Barnet board want me to play possession football. 62%, 58%, 54%, 52%, 54%, 52%, 63%, 61%, 54%, 60%, 63%, 62%, 60% are our stats so far this season.

Board are satisfied with our attempt to play possession football but will be disappointed if things don't improve.

erm, WHAT?

Found yet another bug. Board confidence. Barnet board want me to play possession football. 62%, 58%, 54%, 52%, 54%, 52%, 63%, 61%, 54%, 60%, 63%, 62%, 60% are our stats so far this season.

Board are satisfied with our attempt to play possession football but will be disappointed if things don't improve.

erm, WHAT?

I think you should put it off and go away and play GTA or something. You seem to encounter every single bug the game has. :lol:

erm, WHAT?

I have almost the exact same thing in my Leipzig save, they are happy with it now but want it improved.

It is my first season in Division 1, I have only played a few games of the season but I have controlled them by around 58%.

I think it is a huge ask for me to improve on that, I am sure any board with a team that just got promoted to the highest division would be chuffed with that 58% and not be asking for more.

It is indeed a bit strange.

Speaking of FM12 and messed up ME, wasnt there was a certain 4-3-3 tactic that used a bug in the FM12 ME and ended up making every player in the center attacking position score as many goals as messi every season?

But I guess those kind of bugs arent bugs if they work in your favour right? :p (Not saying this ME is perfect tho)

I've had many years of enjoyment from FM, but this years ME has got to be the worst i have ever seen by some way.

There is absolutely not 1% of realism attached to it, to the point where i have had to completely stop watching.

I'm sure many of you will state that i am just a bad loser, but i have actually just recently won the EPL with Cardiff City in my first season.

And this result below cost me 2nd place in the EPL first season with West Ham..............

25tur93.jpg

I've had many years of enjoyment from FM, but this years ME has got to be the worst i have ever seen by some way.

There is absolutely not 1% of realism attached to it, to the point where i have had to completely stop watching.

I'm sure many of you will state that i am just a bad loser, but i have actually just recently won the EPL with Cardiff City in my first season.

And this result below cost me 2nd place in the EPL first season with West Ham..............

25tur93.jpg

Lol, did you moan about winning the league with Cardiff first season? :D

Archived