FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

Love the new individual roles for each position, but was wondering if it is possible to add color codes to the list of players to more easily identify who you already have added to your list of individual roles?

Is it also possible to add a function of adding more than one player each time? How shift-clicking usually works.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can select height as physical attribute column normally when viewing squads, but when you are presented with pre-match screen and make a selection, height is not available in physical attributes column, so i cannot select tallest defenders i have for specific matches etc, unless i manually click on players to check their height

I think the BETA is pretty good, I'm currently third with my beloved Leyton Orient. But SI better be listening when everyone is talking about the poor conversion rate of one-on-one chances and misses from >6yards out. It's strange how many times a free header from 6 yards will go straight at the keeper, almost all one-on-ones fly wide or over so that really needs work.

If I'm honest the game is good but the ME is nowhere near what FM 2012 was. I think the issue I have is I think long and hard about every players impact according to their stats before I play them and yet there still seems to be a lack of coherency between stats and actual gameplay. For example, in FM 12 a player with pace 5 would genuinely seem quite slow. In fm 13/14, there just doesn't seem to be enough coherency, too many players play too similar even if they have very different stats. I personally thought FM 13 was dreadful in this regards, although there does seem to be some improvement in 14. It's a shame because it was so nailed on in 12.

Anyone agree with this?

Definitely not. FM2012 ME doesn't even come close to this for me. Pace and power felt well overpowered, especially when your poacher could pretty ghost through their defenders.

I know that you'll be able to play your saved games from the cloud on the PC, but does anyone know if you'll be able to do the same between PC and Mac? I.E start a game on the PC (through Steam), save that to the cloud, then continue it on Mac (through Steam)?

Thanks in advance - hope everyone's enjoying the game so far.

But in the end Arsenal only sold Cesc when he made it unreasonable for them to keep him. Before that point they continually stated he wasn't for sale.

Stop defending

We all know zouma is not worth 80m. Bids of around 20-35 would be accepted in real life

Fm has always been silly in regards to transfers

Bale was sold for 80 odd, can you really say zouma is worth that much?

It needs to be fixed it's the one thing that annoys me in the game

The tooltip for a stack of statuses - does it really need to be the useless "click to show all statuses"? Seems like something people can fairly easily work out for themselves. Wouldn't it be better to just show the normal tooltip for the status on top of the stack? I'd much rather know how long my player is going to be out for without having to click, wait for the animation to play and wait for the hover time to again expire before the information shows.

Think someone else asked as well, how do we comment about next/previous opponent manager/players?

I don't think you're able to. But the pre- and post match press conferences seem more naunced this year, and the media in general seems to take more initiative in getting statements from you outside those conferences.

All my BETA buzz has dampened somewhat over the last day or two. Full backs have stopped tackling, Stoke keep winning. What's becoming more and more frustrating is the goalscoring. Just makes zero sense, I've lost count of the number of one on ones my side has missed.

Also what's going on with fitness? Why are my cb's unable to play 2 games in a week? Why has Mesut Ozil had 2 weeks off and yet is still exhausted?

If I'm honest the game is good but the ME is nowhere near what FM 2012 was.

Don't talk nonsense. This ME is superior to the one used in 12 in just about every way. I actually loaded up a wee game of FM12 earlier tonight, and couldn't believe how poor the engine is compared to what we have now.

Definitely not. FM2012 ME doesn't even come close to this for me. Pace and power felt well overpowered, especially when your poacher could pretty ghost through their defenders.

But it's okay to defend the failings of the current ME with too many tackles and interceptions ?!

Don't talk nonsense. This ME is superior to the one used in 12 in just about every way. I actually loaded up a wee game of FM12 earlier tonight, and couldn't believe how poor the engine is compared to what we have now.

At least on FM 12's ME finishing made sense and tackles weren't completely ****ed. 14's is obviously far more advanced than 12's, but 12's had the basics right. Serious work is needed on 14 for it to be a good ME.

But it's okay to defend the failings of the current ME with too many tackles and interceptions ?!

Methinks you read this thread too much rather than actually play the game for any great length. There's a few tweaks needed to the ME - we're still at the Beta stage after all - but it's a lot closer to the finished product than FM13 was at this stage, and that was a great game too.

At least on FM 12's ME finishing made sense

Selective memory here I think. As I said, I played 12 earlier tonight, and in the first of the two matches I managed to play, I saw five defenders chase after the one ball, and a shot from a midfielder actually pass through a player on the way to goal.

FM12 was good at the time, but the engine used is horribly dated compared to the current one. It's night and day in fact.

Methinks you read this thread too much rather than actually play the game for any great length. There's a few tweaks needed to the ME - we're still at the Beta stage after all - but it's a lot closer to the finished product than FM13 was at this stage, and that was a great game too.

13 was obviously a stepping stone to 14, but to call it a great game is laughable. So many bugs.

Selective memory here I think. As I said, I played 12 earlier tonight, and in the first of the two matches I managed to play, I saw five defenders chase after the one ball, and a shot from a midfielder actually pass through a player on the way to goal.

FM12 was good at the time, but the engine used is horribly dated compared to the current one. It's night and day in fact.

Ah but did you have one on one's going out for throw ins? Or players hitting the cross bar whilst on the goal line?

Methinks you play this game too much and accept it rather than aspire for it to be as good as it can be. You would hope a year later it is closer to the finished product than Fm13 was as they've been working on it for another year but the high number of tackles and interceptions existed a year ago too and beyond and exists today a week before release date of a new game ...hmm go figure...that would indicate a year later they still haven't figured it out.

Of course the ME has more potential than the 12 version but your night and day argument is more night and night as if the fundamentals of current ME were simply night and day factually better as you suggest then why does it require the ME being defended by absurdly high tackles and interceptions ?!

Also what's going on with fitness? Why are my cb's unable to play 2 games in a week? Why has Mesut Ozil had 2 weeks off and yet is still exhausted?

What's your training levels set to? Are you resting your players before and after matches? My fully fit players are usually at around 75-80% condition after playing a game, which seems reasonable.

Is it possible to have more variation of suspensions after a red card? bc it's always standard 1 match ban or a 3 match ban, no matter what the reason of the red card is.. it would be nicer to have a suspension that fits the reason of the red card. and how about a possibility as a manager to get send off bc of comments on the ref. (i posted this as well at the suggestions forum a few days ago, but i dont get any reaction there). Anybody who agrees with this?

Just a little thing that is annoying me is when I'm on the season preview screen and i change the sort by fee column, after i click on a player and then go back it reverts back to its default sort and i have to again click on fee twice, just a little annoying thats all thought it would remember my sort preference until i changed it again.

My feedback thus far:

- my players miss far too many one on ones chances

- the woodwork gets hit far too often

- I only seem to score from corners on a regular basis

- there seems to be an issue making short passes: they're 50-50

- my box-to-box midfielder won't box-to-box

- I outshoot, out possess, and out defend the opposition... yet still lose or draw far too often

- a small team ALWAYS has a defender that has a super-game against me

- I'll lose and still have my back 4 receive an average rating of 8.5-9 (?)

- sometimes my CBs stop playing

- swapping positions is broken

- release clauses aren't functioning properly

- I can't find where to ask for the position loan availability report

- shooting is broken: it's either at the corner flag, or off the woodwork, or straight at the goalkeeper

- sometimes my CBs will ignore an errant ball... and my CM will have to chase it down, running by my sleeping defenders, to get the ball

- FBs won't cover wingers

- my players sometimes stand still on defensive corners... and allow easy goals

- I'll set up a loan to be able to recall the player... but not get the option to recall them

- I'll buy a player, selecting the loan back option, and not have them be loaned back

Sadly it seems the only reliable way to score with the latest patch is from crossing, with headers. In my game Xisco just won the European Golden Shoe (year 3), with Llorente as runner up (Full details on Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga).

If I'm honest the game is good but the ME is nowhere near what FM 2012 was.

Anyone agree with this?

I have to agree. FM 12 ME is still the best. Thats why i´m still playing it. But i think FM 14 ME have more potential than FM 13 and after the last patch can be the best ever. Lets wait and see.

My feedback thus far:

- my players miss far too many one on ones chances

- the woodwork gets hit far too often

- there seems to be an issue making short passes: they're 50-50

- a small team ALWAYS has a defender that has a super-game against me

- I'll lose and still have my back 4 receive an average rating of 8.5-9 (?)

- sometimes my CBs stop playing

- sometimes my CBs will ignore an errant ball... and my CM will have to chase it down, running by my sleeping defenders, to get the ball

- FBs won't cover wingers

- my players sometimes stand still on defensive corners... and allow easy goals

I have same problems

any news on the transfer situation where a club bids on one of my listed players...deal falls through due to them having no cash, but when I offer him to clubs again they still bid and this keeps happening over and over????(if I reject the bid the player pouts and causing problems!!)

At least on FM 12's ME finishing made sense and tackles weren't completely ****ed. 14's is obviously far more advanced than 12's, but 12's had the basics right. Serious work is needed on 14 for it to be a good ME.

You are comparing a patched product to a Beta product, it isn't a like for like comparison so has no real merit.

The elements you mention (tackling and finishing) continue to be tweaked by the SI team ahead of release.

any news on the transfer situation where a club bids on one of my listed players...deal falls through due to them having no cash, but when I offer him to clubs again they still bid and this keeps happening over and over????(if I reject the bid the player pouts and causing problems!!)

You won't get "news" :) but I'm pretty sure you won't see that problem after release.

I take it back. I thought defending was better but it is not. This is just one game i just finished and its similar in most games.

qjHZuiU.jpg

Apart from the shots, one of my goal came from a corner. Their striker scored both their goals and after the second goal they had 3 shots and 3 on target and still my RB got MoM (he scored my second goal). My defender just let their striker take the ball infront of him and run past him. In general even when I have so many shots, lot of my goals come from set piece or opposition mistakes while they can rip my defenses so easily.

Im 8 games in with Stockport and gone to the manager information screen where it states name, coaching qualifications, reputation, past playing experience etc.

On the release video by Miles it shows manager tendancies but on my screen it doesn't it is blank where they should go.

6jv6.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are the sounds programmed differently on FM14to FM13.

I have put in my soundpack which Ive used on all versions since FM11 which I update the default sounds putting my own chants in etc and programme the events folder notepad file to suit.

Ive tested the soundpack still on FM13 and all of my chants/sounds play however on FM14 only some of them do - mainly the team chants ie Stockport till I die wont play but other ones do ie 'tannoy man for substitition, ref is a XXX etc...

Wondered if it was because FM14 is Beta at the moment? Cant see it though as some of the sounds play

I give up. The game is so broken that it isn't even funny. I've just taken part in the most ridiculous match ever. It somehow ended 3-5, but it could have been any scoreline. The defending is beyond broken and the goalkeeping hasn't even been coded.

Watch this post for pictures and video highlights.

Absolute joke. I want my money back.

jce19Y5.jpg

This is a picture showing my defence just before their second goal. Quite why they're stood so far up the pitch is a mystery to me - especially when I told them to 'drop deeper'.

X4aPUNp.jpg

Apparently deeper means 'stand on the halfway line and allow players to stream past'

ZKXBOKz.jpg

I don't even know whether to laugh or cry with this image. You see that guy in the middle of the box? He isn't even a defender. No, my defenders are too busy daydreaming. Why are they so far up the pitch? I don't understand!!

BMHVb45.jpg

Match stats and overview. I went from 2-0 up after 8 minutes to 5-2 down.

I give up. The game is so broken that it isn't even funny. I've just taken part in the most ridiculous match ever. It somehow ended 3-5, but it could have been any scoreline. The defending is beyond broken and the goalkeeping hasn't even been coded.

Watch this post for pictures and video highlights.

Absolute joke. I want my money back.

Here we go!!!!! - Don't ppl understand its a Beta and not going to be perfect.

Sorry in advance if its already been discussed, but i havent read all the 6 pages...

I think there is some probelm with coachs. It shows me that i have 9 coachs and cant sign anymore. for the U21 U18 is says i have 1/7.

The thing is, that i have just 6 coachs for the team and the rest is for the U18 U21.

The game calculates is as all the coachs, no matther what the role is - as main team staff.

Anyone? it needs to be like that in the new game or its a bug?

An improvement to the tactics would be for all instructions to be re-set after the game.

I start each match with a basic strategy and all presets saved for my team and players - however when you finish the game any tweaks youve made to combat the opposition are still there. It would be quicker for the user if they were re-set

An improvement to the tactics would be for all instructions to be re-set after the game.

I start each match with a basic strategy and all presets saved for my team and players - however when you finish the game any tweaks youve made to combat the opposition are still there. It would be quicker for the user if they were re-set

Really? The game keeps any modifications you do during a match to your preset tactics?

Im sorry, but that is stupid if true.

Playing with Stockport and the stats pack are incorrect

2asg.png

9mfb.png

I have played 7 games winning 4 drawing 1 Losing 2

Yet the record shows in the stats pack for 'against bottom half of the table' winning 2 drawing 1 and losing 4 when I have only lost 2 all season!!

and Im sure all of my wins havent been from teams at the top half of the table.

Archived