FMC Wishlist Thread #1

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please let us chose if we want first windows transfer budget or not in classic, hate to see teams signing new players before the December transfer windows and i doubt it would require big changes to the classic mode setup.

Only two things I think would be able to improve it.

1) The ability to retrain a player to different positions. You can do this even in FMH.

2) And being able to load database changes from the editor

One of the fixes in the latest patch apparently makes this works better in FMC. So if you play a player in the position he will eventually learn it, depending on his versatility.

In full FM you still had to play the player in the position for him to learn it, all FMC has done is kind of automated it.

SI has said loads of time that they couldn't get an editor that worked for FMC. Hopefully it will be in FM14.

1) i would like to hire coaches

2) custom data base

3) would like to see new unlockable feature to clear all debts

4) better finance detail, i would like to see when club debts would be clear by like in main game

5) if no sacking is apply to game, the competition green bar shouldnt go down or up but stable

6) no agent fee or remove it by unlockable

I would add under 20s team and take out reserve team.

Also scouting like in the normal version, just having one scout hurts me :(

For the moment those are the two things I am missing.

Ideally I think FMC should be modular.

Example there is a general back bone (possibly like it is now) but with X number of features that can be added by the user according to his taste.

I would add the two mentioned above but probably some users would add other things.

FM MANUAL: "Match Plans: Match plans allow you to set up preset tactics for your assistant manager to use during matches. These tactics can be applied depending on what happens throughout the course of a match. A series of templates are made available for you to tweak as you see fit, or you can create your own custom plans for circumstances you feel you need to cover."

Why dont SI make the plans work even if you watch the match, it only works when you ask for instant result!

I use 3-4 shouts at every game and then i need to set them up for every match, and over time you get bored of doing that, just wish it was a simpler way so the match planer would be great if it worked even if I watched the match.

FM MANUAL: "Match Plans: Match plans allow you to set up preset tactics for your assistant manager to use during matches. These tactics can be applied depending on what happens throughout the course of a match. A series of templates are made available for you to tweak as you see fit, or you can create your own custom plans for circumstances you feel you need to cover."

Why dont SI make the plans work even if you watch the match, it only works when you ask for instant result!

I use 3-4 shouts at every game and then i need to set them up for every match, and over time you get bored of doing that, just wish it was a simpler way so the match planer would be great if it worked even if I watched the match.

If I understand you right this is requesting a plan and watch mode. This is something I have always wanted for FM over many years. When you let Ass Man take control in previous years I should have liked this. It would only be like watching when you have a touchline ban so it must be possible. If you could also "interupt" the plan and take over as manager during a match that would be great. It would be a logical progression of FMC, not everyone's idea of fun but better than having to watch highlights after the game has finished.

I recently downloaded the FM13 demo just to specifically experience FMC. As compared to full FM, there is effective integrity in its leanness. A feature I would like to see is an option to make the player attribute bars all one color, to increase the fog of war, as in full FM.

For the guys that don't like the colour coding of the attribute boxes, it is possible to change them by downloading the resource archiver and editing the relevant xml file. There is a thread I started about it in the skinning forum asking the exact question and I now have those boxes in a far more instantly obvious (to me at least) colour coding (grey for poor, black for normal, yellow for good and red for excellent) so it is possible to make it a little better.

I don't get why people are asking for Team Talks and having more leagues, go and play the full version? :D

As someone mentioned, I would like the Scouting to be a tiny bit more involved. Obviously I appreciate it being stripped down from the full game, but I feel like it's TOO basic, a little more control over what and where is being scouted would be nice.

Also I would love a way for tabs to be integrated into the game, so you could maybe have a few players open when looking at potential transfers or something. Even if tabs weren't possible, if there could be a condensed version of a players attributes (kinda like how if you mouse over them) but you could get them to stick on the screen, sort of like how you can have the different panels showing ratings, league, match stats, etc on a match day

• Administrators

Whilst it is possible GBS, I'd appreciate if you kept your comments out of Wishlist thread regarding skins and whether they should play FM Full version....

It's a discussion better held elsewhere.

• Administrators

It's not GBS I'm intentionally (or even trying) singling out, for that I apologise if it appeared that way.

My point is can we keep this on topic please? Thanks.

If I understand you right this is requesting a plan and watch mode. This is something I have always wanted for FM over many years. When you let Ass Man take control in previous years I should have liked this. It would only be like watching when you have a touchline ban so it must be possible. If you could also "interupt" the plan and take over as manager during a match that would be great. It would be a logical progression of FMC, not everyone's idea of fun but better than having to watch highlights after the game has finished.

+1 for this. My AssMan seems much better than me at reacting to the match than me if my "Instant result" results are anything to go by.

option to only view replay of my team's scored goals :thup:

and i find the widgets for games to be a bit of a mess, why don't they all go away for replays?

other than that FMC :thup::thup:

first time i'm playing the series with full commitment since CM2 97/98.

besides FML which we all miss!! :cool:

--

Andreas F

A general team talk before matches during half time and end of the game would be great to be able to improve morale. It doesn't have to be the full version team talk but just something in general. For example, you play against a strong team and know you will lose you can relax them by saying we're underdogs do your best. This goes a long way and won't take much time to do before the match.

Alternatively, being able to do a team meeting or a quick talk with a player, maybe you can select 3 players after a game and either praise or criticize them instead of just being able to fine.

I love the pace and simplicity of FMC but it is really difficult to impact morale if you're in a losing streak. Some team talk mechanism would help out here.

With respect to training, it seems only the as.man "trains" with his stats? If that is the case maybe allowing another assistant coach would be helpful? Why? Because you can choose attributes for the as.man to be tactical and man management and scouting for good reports while the as. coach could have training stats?

Thank you.

I don't get why people are asking for Team Talks and having more leagues, go and play the full version? :D

What's wrong with wanting the option to move clubs within 4 or 5 leagues whilst playing under all the other FMC settings?

I'm starting to agree that we need more control over the scouting.

I'm only in January in my first season but my scout is ping ponging between scouting Scotland and Ireland. At no point has he even looked at Wales or Northern Ireland.

While he's scouting Ireland his Scottish knowledge drops like a stone and when he's finished Ireland he goes back to Scotland as he no longer has 100% knowledge of the nation. While he's scouting Scotland his knowledge of Ireland drops and so on.

I am playing in the BSN and so the scout isn't that good with a low determination, so this is understandanble to a degree. Hopefully with multiple scouting of the nations some of the knowledge will stick so he'll at least try to look in Wales and Northern Ireland at some point.

I know that in FMC the scout is meant ot be the head of a team of scouts. Wouldn't it make sense to have his knowledge boosted by a new addition to the unseen scouting team from another country occasionally?

• Administrators
I'm starting to agree that we need more control over the scouting.

I'm only in January in my first season but my scout is ping ponging between scouting Scotland and Ireland. At no point has he even looked at Wales or Northern Ireland.

While he's scouting Ireland his Scottish knowledge drops like a stone and when he's finished Ireland he goes back to Scotland as he no longer has 100% knowledge of the nation. While he's scouting Scotland his knowledge of Ireland drops and so on.

I am playing in the BSN and so the scout isn't that good with a low determination, so this is understandanble to a degree. Hopefully with multiple scouting of the nations some of the knowledge will stick so he'll at least try to look in Wales and Northern Ireland at some point.

I know that in FMC the scout is meant ot be the head of a team of scouts. Wouldn't it make sense to have his knowledge boosted by a new addition to the unseen scouting team from another country occasionally?

It will depend on what leagues you have loaded, but I suspect he is not going to Wales or Northern Ireland because there are no players there.

Like the classic mode, but I'd love to have the following features:

More control over scouting. Right now, I'm playing with Valencia, but teams for the same league still have (first team) players with hidden attributes. Even after I've played them.

The analysis tab after a match. Right now I can see that my defense has a woefully low percentage of succesful passes, but I want to see who's been making what kind of passes from which position to where. Also, position heatmap is very useful when starting out with a new tactic.

A bit more financial information would also be nice.

Things I would like to see:

Options to load a custom database.

Training - even if it just a basic training set, much like CM0102 training would be more than sufficient. Would have to allow us to have more coaches too.

More Leagues - The ability to be able to play more than just 3 countries in one game.

The option to Have just only text during the game and to be able to get rid of the 3d match screen. I love the basic style like we had in CM0102

Better scouting options. Not just one scout doing all the work for you.

Thats about all I can think of right now :brock:

In regard of Team Talks, I can see exactly why they should not be added - fully discussed elsewhere but it is a non tactical device that affects team performance, and once it's an option you either have to use it or suffer the Staff's implimentation of it, however possibly a post match question from the press would be good as this affects morale in the desired way but not in-match, could help in preparing for the next match and if I just watched a particularly poor or excellent performance I may want to comment on it. Could still live without this feature in FMC though.

The introduction of FMC has turned my attention back to FM again, and i'm expecting the game to arrive any moment now. For someone who has been stuck in CM0102 for the last decade, this game could finally be the one that will have me switch. The simplified game play and the ability to play long career games in a reasonable timespan has really got me excited. However I have read already that the playable leagues are limited and that the player database is small. So my suggestion would be: Keep the gameplay simple, but let the player decide how many leagues he wishes to run and how many players he wishes to load.

Firstly, just to say I love it. However the three things for me I'd like to see:

1) Being able to retrain players for new positions (wouldn't need to be complex: just select new position i.e centre midfield, then wait for an inbox message to confirm whether its been successful or not)

2) Ability to have more leagues running at the start. Whereas now I have every league in Eng, Spain and Italy running, I'd rather cut the lower leagues and have top two divisions from say 6 countries. Still would work out same number of divisions runnings.

3) (bit tongue in cheek this one) Ability to manually select name of son for the unlockable. Still haven't gotten over the birth of 'Simon'. Would just be nice to have that ability, but not crucial.

Are there no squad registration rules in FMC? I've loaded up saves with Liverpool and Western Sydney Wanderers and noticed that I didn't have to submit a 25 man squad for the Premier League, neither did I have to adhere to the salary cap in the A-League. Is FMC meant to eliminate this squad registration aspect?

• Administrators
Are there no squad registration rules in FMC? I've loaded up saves with Liverpool and Western Sydney Wanderers and noticed that I didn't have to submit a 25 man squad for the Premier League, neither did I have to adhere to the salary cap in the A-League. Is FMC meant to eliminate this squad registration aspect?

Yeah, that's right.

• Administrators

There are 'some' squad registration rules (ie. National Teams), but the nature of home grown players, 25 man squads etc. are not. This is because it has a heavier demand on the game during processing (memory demands) and aids to speed the game up, both processing wise and gameplay wise, so you don't have to worry about that stuff. There are still 'Match Rules' though for Competitions, some of which are different to the main mode as they will account for certain squad registration rules for Non-EU and Foreign players where they exist in real life.

* Very basic team talks.

* Allow us to choose how many leagues to load. There's no reason for people with slow computers to load 3 nations, without restricting those of us with good computers.

* Ability to chose a general training individually. By that I mean be able to set the general options (Attacking, Tactics, etc) individually, not the whole fat individual training/tutoring system of FM. This allows for a balanced development of the squad.

* Make what little staff we have actually relevant.

ok firstly i just want to say, as i dont think it gets mentioned enough: What an incredible job the SI team are doing and have done for years. I know year on year people complain about bugs and errors etc etc but the fact that they release patches and provide constant support is brilliant.

secondly, i fall into the "i've played every CM / FM game since CM2 etc". im now 28 and have played since i was about 12, so i really have seen this game develop into an absolute monster!

as much as i love FM, i have found that with other commitments i just dont get the time to play any more, so this whole FMC is a massive attraction to me as i've found the current FM is really quite time consuming. i've played FM12 since it came out and only just onto my 7th season now!

Anyway, sorry to ramble but i havent yet bought FM13 as i wanted to see the feedback on FMC before purchasing. What a great feedback thread this is and thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. i'm hoping the demo is still available for a quck browse, and with all being well i will be purchasing this over xmas.

Without being able to offer my direct views as im yet to play, my initial thoughts were:

1) i would like the opportunity for more leagues to be loaded as i really enjoy a long career save spanning across different nations and leagues.

2) i really do like having extensive scouting networks, so perhaps the scouting could be advanced slightly

3) i agree with alot of other people that any data/information that doesnt require the user to have to do anything with, and can merely view it or not view it at their own choice, should definitely still be included in the game, such as financial breakdown etc.

4) i love the idea of instant result button, have been wanting this for years, for friendlies and dead rubber cup games etc.

5) i REALLY think it would be great to offer the user a few options at the start of the game to have certain features included/excluded, ie, team talks, media interaction etc etc. personally im happy to do without all of them as it slows the game down.

6) I really do not like the idea of these unlockable features. it's just not FM and not something i want in the game. however if it doesnt affect me to play the game normally then no probs.

7)and finally i just love the idea of having a much more simplistic smooth running version of the game that im hoping will take me back to the good old CM days. plough through a season in 1 night.

sorry for the crazy long post but i am excited for this FMC experience.

cheers

• Administrators
Were the tax bugs that were affecting the main game also affecting FMC? If they were are they also now fixed in FMC?

Yep, the changes affecting FM carry over to FMC unless stated otherwise

I would have preferred to be able to de-select the lower leagues when I start a game, as I only play in the top league of the country. Like the old days, if I get relegated, I'm happy to be sacked. It seems the ability to de-select would help the processing time.

In terms of the gameplay, I like how simple the training is, but I would like to be able to train a player in a specific manner, if necessary. For example, if my full-back needs better crossing, I want to be able to train him for that without changing the entire team to attack training.

I have numbers of ideas for improving FMC regarding unlockables and challenges.

Challenge #1) Rich owner: You select a team that is on the bottom 25% of its league and it's immediately taken over by a rich investor who throws a lot of money into the team on day one. That new owner will demand success immediately and lets you spend the money that supposedly brings the success. He will fire you if you don't compete for the title during the season.

Challenge #2) Fantasy draft: You select a team in a league in which all players will be moved from all teams into a fantasy draft that takes place in the beginning of the game. Each team gets one pick per round and the end result is all teams equally strong during the season.

Unlockable #1) Naturalization: Can be used for any player in the game that you wish to have naturalized as a citizen of any country of your choice. Can be sold for a low price for each naturalization a player wants to make. That could give international managers the chance to naturalize unused Brazilians, Englishmen, etc. in their national teams in the game.

Unlockable #2) Lower league 'retirement': Is used on players that have announced retirements. Given that you're managing a lower league team, the player will join your team as a semi-professional or amateur on his retirement day instead of retiring fully.

I really want to add more leagues and dont mind if the game slows down a little bit. because the fast gameplay is perfect for a hardcore career where you start very very down.

In scouting you need to choose where you want to scout. this would not that much of a time eater.

In 3d Modus i dont need to see the last minute when nothing happens.

i dont want team talks and player interaction or any advanced training.

Definately do not add team talks or the ability to add more leagues, or the training. They are all part of the full game already availible and this is for us people who do not have time to play the fulll game. In my opinion the only thing i truly miss from the full game is the arrows to tell me how my players are improving or declining as footballers. You can tell kind of by stat increases, if you can remember and to a lesser extent the octogon expanding or contracting, but i feel the arrows would add a lot for me, as you can very quickly check a players profile and see how theyre getting on that month!

I am finally playing FM again. The mainstream version has too many options, too many buttons, too many time consuming tasks, talks, etc, and stats that overwhelm any person. I like the fact that FM tries to simulate, but please don't exaggerate. This game came to a point that if you want to play main mode properly, it is really boring and time wasting. MAKE IT SIMPLE.

About FMC: please let me choose whatever playable leagues I want at the same time.

I've been thinking about some more unlockables that there could be in the future:

- La Masia - gives you a youth academy fixed at level 20 (along with youth recruitment fixed at level 20) and increases the probability of receiving quality youth players. Unlocked by bringing several players (3-5 players) from your academy into your team and then winning several titles (3 league titles?) with them all playing enough to receive winners medals.

- Talent Finder- unlocks the ability to see the hidden potential ability stats. Unlocked by signing and developing 10 players? to continental reputation.

- Mates rates- all clubs will agree to sell players for ?200% of value. (Would be a great addition alongside the all players interested unlockable). Unlocked by successfully negotiating down the transfer fees of 20+ players.

- Debt free- removes all debt from the club you are managing. Unlocked by successfully paying off a clubs debt that is at least equivalent to 50% of the clubs estimated value.

• Administrators
I'd like to be able to select my squad numbers in FMC!
Agreed. It annoys me when the game picks the squad numbers for me.

You can do this whenever you want - Just go to your Squad tab -> Numbers screen and change them....

Unlockable #1) Naturalization: Can be used for any player in the game that you wish to have naturalized as a citizen of any country of your choice. Can be sold for a low price for each naturalization a player wants to make. That could give international managers the chance to naturalize unused Brazilians, Englishmen, etc. in their national teams in the game.

Unlockable #2) Lower league 'retirement': Is used on players that have announced retirements. Given that you're managing a lower league team, the player will join your team as a semi-professional or amateur on his retirement day instead of retiring fully.

I would really like these 2 unlockables to be in the game, great idea!

For the naturalization one, this should be the in-game message: "*Player* has found his long lost Grandma's birth certificate and it turns out she was born in *country*, making *player* eligible to play for that *country*" :p

I also have my own suggestion for an unlockable:

Pacey Signing: A worn out international sprinter has decided to pursue a career in football after retiring from athletics, he will play up to three seasons before retiring. They will have 20 pace but they will be 32 years old and be have a "Match Highest Earner Clause"

Archived