Sports Interactive Community
Retro

Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

I'm sorry if I'm going to cost anyone any sleep tonight, but every time we talk about Arsenal penalty taking, I think back of Bergkamp's in the FA Cup in '99 :(

I'm sorry if I'm going to cost anyone any sleep tonight, but every time we talk about Arsenal penalty taking, I think back of Bergkamp's in the FA Cup in '99 :(

article-2302604-190A388B000005DC-285_470x665.jpg

Schmeichel :bow:

I happened to be there the day Arteta missed his only penalty :(

Don't trust Arteta :D Very rarely misses. Has missed one for Arsenal.

I don't trust him because his penalties look very saveable. The Nowrich keeper should have saved his penalty. Every one I've seen are at the perfect height for a keeper and not hit overly hard.

Wow, feels like decades since I last posted here yet everything looks the same.

Sy13 will be delighted if results stay as they are this afternoon.....AFC Wimbledon staying up.

I like this a lot :D

I don't trust him because his penalties look very saveable. The Nowrich keeper should have saved his penalty. Every one I've seen are at the perfect height for a keeper and not hit overly hard.

Agreed, I think he is pretty lucky to only have missed one this season.

Wigan did us a bit of a favour today. Now we need to do ourselves one!

yeah points good, especially with that lot down the road only getting as point

yeah a draw would be a great result, obviously going to be helped by the fact they've got the title wrapped up but can still see them comfortably winning it unfortunately.

Wow, feels like decades since I last posted here yet everything looks the same.

Christ, there's a name I haven't seen for a million years.

I can't see us getting anything from the game unfortunately. If we win the last 3 though I still think we'll be alright.

I can't see us getting anything from the game unfortunately. If we win the last 3 though I still think we'll be alright.

A lot of people couldn't see us getting anything in Munich either.

As long as we don't return to the habit of shooting ourselves in the foot in the first 10 mins we have a chance of getting something. I don't expect it, but there's a chance.

I'll take that. If we win the last 3 then Spurs will have to beat Chelsea to finish above us. (I think)

If we win our last 3 we finish in the top 4. Therefore I am happy with the result

If we win our last 3 we finish in the top 4. Therefore I am happy with the result

I don't think that's correct, it's possible for Arsenal to win all 3 and still finish fifth.

Very happy with first half effort, lack of urgency towards the end very dissapointing. If sangna's not in last chance saloon now I think ill lose faith! Some might take a draw but im rarely happy with anything but a win!

We'd have a really good team/squad if we buy a top striker and a strong midfielder. Still not sure about the right back spot tbh.

I don't think that's correct, it's possible for Arsenal to win all 3 and still finish fifth.

If Spurs win their remaining games and Chelsea win three Arsenal will finish fifth.

Podolski was dire and Walcott apart from his goal wasn't much better. Koscielny and Mertesacker excellent as usual. Sagna was horrible, he was lucky not to be sent off. A new RB is definitely needed.

Pod was poor, so little movement in the final third. Taking off rosicky was a mistake too. Sagna will hopefully not be first choice next season.

If we can play like we did in first 35 mins we will be fine

We need to thrash QPR now especially as they have nothing to play for.

It actually endears me to him a little bit tbh.

Really, I would have thought it would endear him to you, why would it make him like you more? :p

Sagna and Podolski were absolutely pathetic today, offered us nothing. Wouldn't be upset to both of them gone in the summer.

Ramsey proved today that he's not a top player. Gave the ball away and messed up a massive chance to slip Theo in to make it 2-0.

Can't accept people saying that Theo didn't play well, he was our biggest threat going forward.

I know it must be tough to lose your best player, particularly to a rival, but isn't there some love left for him? For example by how he doesn't celebrate the goals he has scored against you? I know that made it a little easier to take for me when Ronaldo scored against us. He left in a slightly different manner of course, but it's clear as day to me RVP has lots of love for the club and the players there. I suppose Wenger's comment that it's more about broken love than real aggression is quite apt here.

Anyway, hopefully we beat Chelsea and both you and Spurs get in ahead of them. That would be bloody brilliant.

I wouldn't hate RvP if he just left. The statement proved that he's a really classless person. The fact he doesn't celebrate shows what a bottle job he is.

We've traditionally been very good towards returning players and have had only a few exceptions to that over the years. It's all about how a player handles their departure and RvP didn't handle it particularly well.

If it was about broken love, then Cesc would get booed when he returned and he wouldn't.

gonna be another very nail biting end to the season by the looks of it :D

We need a better end to the season than we had last season when we did our very best to throw it away.

I was quite worried about going to St James Park on the last day, although a Suarez-less Liverpool dicking them 6-0 has made me slightly more hopeful

Want worries me is that qpr have been dog turd all season and we always play like dog turd against dog turd teams!

would be awesome to send Newcastle down though :D wouldn't mind pinching a few of their players on the cheap either

It was a deliberate act though, a bit of football LOLs not a genuine mix up imo and in that regard it wasn't funny except to football journalists who think that kind of thing is the funniest ever

would be awesome to send Newcastle down though :D wouldn't mind pinching a few of their players on the cheap either

I'd only want one.