Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't trust Arteta :D Very rarely misses. Has missed one for Arsenal.

I don't trust him because his penalties look very saveable. The Nowrich keeper should have saved his penalty. Every one I've seen are at the perfect height for a keeper and not hit overly hard.

• SI Staff
I don't trust him because his penalties look very saveable. The Nowrich keeper should have saved his penalty. Every one I've seen are at the perfect height for a keeper and not hit overly hard.

Agreed, I think he is pretty lucky to only have missed one this season.

I can't see us getting anything from the game unfortunately. If we win the last 3 though I still think we'll be alright.

A lot of people couldn't see us getting anything in Munich either.

Sagna and Podolski were absolutely pathetic today, offered us nothing. Wouldn't be upset to both of them gone in the summer.

Ramsey proved today that he's not a top player. Gave the ball away and messed up a massive chance to slip Theo in to make it 2-0.

Can't accept people saying that Theo didn't play well, he was our biggest threat going forward.

I know it must be tough to lose your best player, particularly to a rival, but isn't there some love left for him? For example by how he doesn't celebrate the goals he has scored against you? I know that made it a little easier to take for me when Ronaldo scored against us. He left in a slightly different manner of course, but it's clear as day to me RVP has lots of love for the club and the players there. I suppose Wenger's comment that it's more about broken love than real aggression is quite apt here.

Anyway, hopefully we beat Chelsea and both you and Spurs get in ahead of them. That would be bloody brilliant.

We've traditionally been very good towards returning players and have had only a few exceptions to that over the years. It's all about how a player handles their departure and RvP didn't handle it particularly well.

If it was about broken love, then Cesc would get booed when he returned and he wouldn't.

It actually endears me to him a little bit tbh.

It was a deliberate act though, a bit of football LOLs not a genuine mix up imo and in that regard it wasn't funny except to football journalists who think that kind of thing is the funniest ever

Archived