Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

I know it must be tough to lose your best player, particularly to a rival, but isn't there some love left for him? For example by how he doesn't celebrate the goals he has scored against you? I know that made it a little easier to take for me when Ronaldo scored against us. He left in a slightly different manner of course, but it's clear as day to me RVP has lots of love for the club and the players there. I suppose Wenger's comment that it's more about broken love than real aggression is quite apt here.

Anyway, hopefully we beat Chelsea and both you and Spurs get in ahead of them. That would be bloody brilliant.

Er no. If he loved the club he wouldn't have been so disrespectful.

Podolski's movement was woeful yesterday but his link up play was good. His movement is ridiculously unimaginative. Ramsey was okay yesterday he has played much better recently. He was however our second most creative player. His passing wasn't as good as usual though.

Rosicky looked knackered to me when he came off. Wilshere gave us a bit more energy albeit nothing came of it. Koscielny and Mertesacker were excellent again. Such a great pairing. Woj had a good game also

In terms of Newcastle I would want at most 3 of them but two of them would be squad players

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah can't see why they'd want Wilshere at all, the United central midfield is well stocked with Anderson the fatso, Fletcher the sicknote and Giggs the pensioner; or Walcott if Valencia is always as bad as he was yesterday.

If we win our last three games then we will get 4th unless Chelsea win at old Trafford and then Tottenham win at Stamford Bridge.

That would mean we'd have won 12 out of our last 14 games though, with the other two being draws.

You are wrong.

Would require spurs to win every game.

Will not happen.

could easily see it happening, aside from a Chelsea side that has Europa League games as well, all three of Spurs' games are very winnable games. Southampton don't really have anything to play for, Stoke have been ****ing **** for months and Sunderland despite needing to stay up, are still very beatable, Villa put 6 past them ffs.

Whole lot of rumours about Barca having a clear out in the summer and wanting to get rid of Cesc, staff aren't convinced by his performances and the fans are booing him. Well worth the effort to get him back then. Other players on their way out are Valdes, Puyol, Villa and Alexis Sanchez

They won't get rid of him yet, if at all. Sanchez and Villa probably, Puyol has signed a new contract recently. Valdes possibly as he's refusing to sign a new deal. Even if they did decide to sell Cesc someone would come in with more money anyway.

Cesc? He'd be the first name on the team sheet and Wenger would absolutely buy him.

Hes not leaving Barcelona yet though, Tito loves him. He wont be going to Bayern if the Pep rumours are true either.

If Cesc is leaving Barcelona, I'd put my money on him coming to us. Money is not that big an issue for him. He did, after all, took a wage cut to move to Barcelona. He genuinely loves us, and Wenger would jump at the chance to bring him back. We might have to bring in other big players to convince him though, and this summer, with a lot of our deadweight going out of contract, would be a good time to.

Cesc can bring Sanchez with him as well. We'll give them Gervinho ;)

Can't see where we'd fit him either with Wenger's refusal to clear players out in fear of 'killing' them, e.g Diaby.

For Cesc, there will be space.

The way Sanchez has played at times this season he makes Gervinho look like Messi so careful what you wish for. Also by 'come in with more money' I meant in terms of transfer fee, not wages, i.e. we'd be priced out of it. But I'd be very surprised if they are even thinking of selling.

The thing is, if there's a buy back clause it doesnt matter what Barca wants does it? It's all about what Cesc wants.

Wenger would pay it in a heart beat.

I thought the buy back clause we had was if they accepted a bid of the value of the clause or above from another club, then they have to accept bid from us for the clause value, didn't think it was a straight out price we could pay and they have to accept if we wanted to at any time.

Archived