Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, 3 points in the most important thing and Fulham were pretty good with 10 men. But, something was not there today, and I think it mainly comes down to movement.

Here's a question for ya'll, Do we need to play Ramsay and Arteta? Is that not one of the reasons why we seem to lack some directness and urgency in the midfield?

Mertesacker the only good player. Yet another match where we almost bottled it. Pathetic. Cannot wait for Wenger to leave.

I mega loathe Giroud. Actual hate.

8 wins in 10 and we still have Wenger hate. At least choose the right moment :D

Apart from us needing all the points we can get, I would love us to beat United, more then I can remember in recent seasons.

Not that we are exactly rivalling them much these days for trophies, but just to remind them that there is still a little club called Arsenal kicking about.

8 wins in 10 and we still have Wenger hate. At least choose the right moment :D

Not hate, just not good enough for the job. The Everton game reinforced that. His reluctance to react to Fulham's red card nearly cost us. He's too rigid.

And you say 'choose the right moment' but if I would have come on here after a defeat you'd have accused me of being reactionary as I was quiet when we were winning. Can't win unless I agree with you.

Well, with Everton losing today it pretty much guarantees that 5th is the worst we can do and that means that Wenger definitely won't be sacked. So unless he decides to call it a day, which I doubt, you're going to have to bitch and moan for a while longer.

Not hate, just not good enough for the job. The Everton game reinforced that. His reluctance to react to Fulham's red card nearly cost us. He's too rigid.

And you say 'choose the right moment' but if I would have come on here after a defeat you'd have accused me of being reactionary as I was quiet when we were winning. Can't win unless I agree with you.

You could just do it after a bad run of form which would be the logical time to raise doubts about the manager. Getting into the top 4 is the aim for now. The club has to be ambitious in the summer. If not we are back to raising questions about them (includes Wenger).

He's average, stupid, makes terrible decisions. HIS HISTRIONICS. He's become lazy. Just reminds me loads of Adebayor.
its ironic that you moan so much about his histrionics when there isn't a more histrionic poster than you. :D

I know this is a case of both fans being pessimistic, but I really think you lot will get 3rd this year.
i was talking with a spurs supporting mate yesterday and we both reckoned our own team wouldn't get top 4

its ironic that you moan so much about his histrionics when there isn't a more histrionic poster than you. :D

Difference between moaning about a football team and being paid ridiculous amounts of money to stand around waving your arms when you mess up. AGAIN.

You did nothing for 65 mins city had it well under control, then bang city fell to pieces. Definition of smash and grab!

I won't say any more as I'd rather not clog up another teams thread and I'm aware the stats don't always tell the story but have a peek... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22141282

Clearly deluded if you call that a smash and grab.

Depends what you mean. Both Spurs and Chelsea can go ahead of us if they win their game in hand. Obviously it's better that Chelsea only drew but I wouldn't say we're in the driving seat.

Depends what you mean. Both Spurs and Chelsea can go ahead of us if they win their game in hand. Obviously it's better that Chelsea only drew but I wouldn't say we're in the driving seat.

But the game in hand is against each other (Chelsea and Spurs). That is what I think Eugster is referring to. So whatever the result you will be taking advantage of one team at least.

Looking at the fixtures again we have more chance of finishing above Chelsea than Spurs.

It really can go anyway. I presume we will beat Swansea next week. History will show that Spurs are unlikely to win at Stamford Bridge and with us being at home to Spurs I have more optimism for that match. The game against United, we will be more up for it and they will be in title mode and therefore that could work our way, who knows. Villa will be tough at there place, but we are the better team. Everton at home will be tough but I can't see us losing that.

Spurs now face Wigan on Saturday. Wigan are fighting for there lives, so I won't be surprised if that is a point but I can see Spurs winning that. But Spurs have to go to Stoke and even people don't like them, that will be very tough IMO, regardless if Stoke are confirmed safe. Then obviously going to the Bridge as already mentioned will be almost winner takes all.

Arsenal will beat United IMO if United are confirmed Champions tomorrow as I feel Arsenal will need it much more next week and same title mode theory I applied with Chelsea, goes towards your game against them next week. QPR, I would say originally was hard but now they are all but relegated, may be play in your hands due to all doom and gloom down there but maybe Harry pumps some pride into them and they may beat you again. Wigan at home might sound easy but you lost to them last season and you also have to go St James Park final game of the season which will not be easy.

Really don't know which way it will go.

wouldn't agree that Stoke will be "very tough" for Spurs tbh, they're not the same side of the last few seasons, in absolutely dreadful form, the only teams they've beaten in 2013 are QPR and Reading.

But the big teams have struggled there. You, City and Liverpool.

Arsenal will beat United IMO if United are confirmed Champions tomorrow as I feel Arsenal will need it much more next week and same title mode theory I applied with Chelsea, goes towards your game against them next week.

United will have their eyes set firmly on setting a new points record tally so highly doubt they'll take any games lightly after Monday.

Does it? We win our game in hand over you and we're a point ahead of you.

Plus, Fergie will want to seal the title at the Emirates ;)

You and Spurs are still to play eachother so as far as I have it if we win all our games there is no conceivable way for us to finish outside the top 4?

As far as I know it's true to say that each club controls their own faith.

Disclaimer: I don't think any of the 3 clubs will win all their games.

Archived