Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finishing is not really one of Adam's weak points tbh.
maybe should have tried him as a striker then?, I have not seen him play before he came to liverpool so my impressions only steam from the limited amount of games I watched him play last year (and its safe to say that he was awful in pretty much all of them)
Just finishing from 12 yards in penalty shootouts.
it really was amusing to listen to the commentators rave about his set pice ability last season, and about 95% of the time have it followed up by an attempt that made you think: even Carragher would have done better with that one

Really liked Pacheco yesterday, and Shelvey has just looked great these two games. Will be good to get some more first team defenders in there though.

Quite nice for Bradley to score

yeah Pacheco, Shelvey and Cole looked really good for pool today, while Bradly, Lobont, Tachtsidis and Osvaldo looked solid for us, cant really agree with ReggaeBwoy when it comes to Totti thought, he looked a bit uncomfortable playing out wide and never really got into the game, by Totti standards it was bad game....but oh well we won and looked a lot better then we did at this time of the year last year

Disappointing to see Wilson not really pushing on, think it's make or break year for him - I expect him to go the way of Hobbs and end up at a Championship club permanently by next summer, I've never really seen anything to convince me otherwise in the time he's been at the club. Shame, especially because we're bound to make a loss on him too :/

Utter rubbish he's never wanted to be here and was always pushing for a move away, only in it for the money and hates the city too as i recall.

Says who? Other than what you've heard? I can't remember any actual quotes from him to this effect. Not saying you're wrong btw, just seems strange he would say that now if he's always wanted to leave.

Comments on RAWK already saying that Rodgers is proving that he is the wrong man based on our signings so far and the friendly results, and we should get rid.

:D :D :D

REALLY!!?? nothing wrong with Rodgers, look at what he's been left with!! BLAME the plaYers!! ;)

Well the alternative to him not wanting to stay/try/be happy after Rafa left, is that Hodgson thought that Poulsen was a better starting 11 player, and Dalglish thought Adam was, and neither of them even wanted him on the bench as an option preferring to loan him out instead.

Now as much as I love a good Hodgson bashing, I don't believe that him or Kenny would simply deem him not good enough given the strength of our squads and the fact that he then started playing first team football for AC Milan.

Now as much as I love a good Hodgson bashing, I don't believe that him of Kenny would simply deem him not good enough given the strength of our squads and the fact that he then started playing first team football for AC Milan.

You mean the same Kenny who bought Adam + Downing, and proceeded to play them ahead of far better options from the season before? Think Kenny simply wanted him to go so he could cash in. Hardly the best judge of talent.

Ha people bit that i was being serious :)

To be fair it was Purslow playing football manager the first year. He was on his "not good enough" list taken right from the pages of the sun along with the likes of Insua and Lucas, and the second Year i suspect it was more DC that shipped him out than kenny.

British attitude =/= right attitude.

no, you're being really silly here. if you honestly think both managers wanted to ship him out because they didn't rate him (and instead preferred players like poulsen and spearing) or thought he could bring in cash (why sell him then? plenty of others who could raise cash, and how much cash have these two loans generated?) and then went to the lengths of fabricating stories about his ability to settle then I think you're a bit mental. why didn't aquilani come out and refute these stories at the time? why only now when it looks as though he may be staying at the club (probably because we've had no offers) does he try to curry a bit of favour with the supporters when managers have been saying he doesn't fancy it for years? there are even quotes directly attributed to benitez about how aquilani simply 'didn't fancy it' and often seemed to exaggerate injuries to the extent he couldn't be selected.

he clearly wanted to go. but i don't actually care. as long as he's professional and is the player we think he can be, he can live in manchester because he can't stand scousers for all i care. interested to see how he gets on. but to suggest this is some sort of anti-british crusade from hodgson and dalglish is just pseudo football intelligence gibberish.

why didn't aquilani come out and refute these stories at the time?

Comes down to this, and the answer is simple: Who ***** on their current employer publicly in a high profile environment when still employed by them?

Assuming that he wanted to bail simply because Hodgson and Dalglish have/had horribly outdated views on management, with that typical british "get stuck in" attitude is a large jump to make. Benitez only ever questioned whether he was mentally over his injuries - not whether he wanted to play or be there. Perfectly natural to be tentative about that.

Also: He was loaned with a view to buy. That's the cash they were expecting, but it never materialised.

the possibility exists that it may have been expedient for both parties for aqua to go. my recollection is that one never got the sense that either dalglish nor hodgson felt particularly let down by not having him as an option. but that may not mean that aqua didn't encourage a solution away from liverpool.

yea aquilani and his agent have just put out the standard 'i've always loved the club and am and have always been committed to it' that most players in his position put out.

he's been loaned out for two seasons and touted out to literally every club for a knock down price with no takers, to believe its ALL down to hodgson and kenny is some aqua fanboy extremes. funny stuff.

I very much doubt we're going to sign him. Considering Rodgers has been fairly open about his targets once we've had a bid in for them and denied all knowledge of a link with Ramirez, I don't think its us he's in talks with. Probably Spurs or Arsenal.

Massive shame as he's the only player we've been linked to so far this summer who has actually excited me.

Edit: Actually thats not true, I would have loved Gylfi too.

Yeah, why would his agent fly into London to meet us? Massive shame if he goes elsewhere, looks the type of player we really need. Papers still linking us more than anyone though, even if that means nothing, it's something to hold on to!

I am starting to think we should hold on to him at least until January. Give him a chance to prove he can adapt to the system, if it still isn't working in Jan then sell him.

I don't like the idea of a loan, he could suddenly find form and tear up the league, then the Hammers can sign him for a bargain £17m. Or the more likely scenario is he would just be average and they say £17m is too much and send him back to us and we're stuck with him on high wages again.

Archived