Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what are everyone's expectations for this season at this point?

for me if we are realistically in the hunt for 4th around march/april, i will take it as a better league season. and one i would hope we could build on for the season after.

look like we are heading in the right direction while playing some exciting football. 6th or better and i'm happy.

to expect any manager to come in and instantly turn around what turned out to be a huge mess last season is silly stuff. to challenge for a champions league place so soon would be hard, especially when you look at city, united, arsenal, chelsea, spurs and newcastle who all have settled squads and managers (spurs aside, although their squad is better and more balanced than ours, so avb doesn't have as big an overhaul) plus they've all added to their squads and spent abit, it'll be so tough.

A bid of £28-30m for Suarez would probably be the going rate I'd guess, but I'd have grave doubts that we'd be able to replace him with anyone as good.

As for next season, mounting a strong challenge for the top 4 is what I want. We don't have to make it, just be there or thereabouts. Giving up by January like this season would be unacceptable.

Be madness imo.

Only Gerrard and Luis can really create something from nothing atm, Gerrard will most likely miss half the season because of injury based on the last few years. Who could we possibility get to replace him who is like for like?

I read somewhere that Fiorentina have a gentleman's agreement with Jovetic where they will let him leave if a team bids £24M. And that was in response from interest from Juve and another Serie A team (Inter?) so it could be a smidge less if he leaves he league. I love what Suarez brings on the pitch but if we can essentially swap him for Jovetic and pocket ~£5M then that wouldn't be bad business at all.

£27m is ridiculous, we paid £22m and he's a much better player now, if for no other reason than he's proven he can hack it in a big league. All that Evra stuff is hot air, don't even care about it. Players have recovered from far bigger setbacks to their reputation. Wouldn't accept anything less than £50m tbh, although to be perfectly frank, I'd just tell Juve to do one, no way should we be selling one of our two best players at this stage.

i'd rather we kept our best player and build on him tbh but a fee any less than £37m would be poor business for me.

really would be great if we went for sturridge and walcott this summer. sturridge will surely want to leave with all the new players chelski are buying knocking him further down the pecking order and wouldnt cost the earth and if rvp leaves, walcotts future could seriously be in doubt for arsenal. both for £10-£15m would be great.

i'd take dempsey for less than £8m but would leave allen until next season (if he really wants him) as he could likely be cheaper if swansea struggle.

What sort of line up can we expect to see tonight? Looking forward to see the change in style of play

I think that is a very difficult one to guess to be honest. I think personally it will look something like this:

Jones

Flanagan - Carra - Agger - Enrique

Aquilani - Spearing - Adam

Sterling - Borini - Pacheco

I seen someone say on twitter how they expect Sterling to be loaned out this season

I have heard rumours and read on the LFC website that Rodgers is considering it.

Borini won't play, he isn't in Toronto.

Didnt know that. I would put some of the England squad in there but I dont expect any of them to start.

Have you guys seen the North American Tour website via the official website? It looks really good, hope whoever developed it can do a job on the official one.

Yeah I have seen it. Its quite a good website to be fair.

I think that is a very difficult one to guess to be honest. I think personally it will look something like this:

Jones

Flanagan - Carra - Agger - Enrique

Aquilani - Spearing - Adam

Sterling - Borini - Pacheco

A bit of a struggle to put a team out :D. What about Lucas is he not fit yet?

Two halves, two teams:

First-half team: Jones, Enrique, Sama, Carragher, Wisdom, Spearing, Aquilani, Adam, Ibe, Eccleston, Pacheco.

Second-half team: Gulacsi, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Adorjan, Shelvey, Suso, Cole, Sterling, Morgan.

Subs: Lucas, Smith, Ward, McLaughlin.

Archived