Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other teams have got us sussed - just sit back and let us pass the ball around as they know we can't score if they hold formation, then hit us on the break when we inevitably give the ball away cheaply with too many players up the pitch.

Frustrating after a decent run of results, let's hope we can get back on track next week.

Couldn't Suso be deployed as a cutting inside AMR, similar to Silva has been in the past at Man City?

I guess you'd want balance with a natural left winger on the other side then though.

He has been when hes got a game for us. He probably will again now Sterling is gunna get a rest. Assaidi should be getting game time though. Hes a more all round player than both.

Other teams have got us sussed - just sit back and let us pass the ball around as they know we can't score if they hold formation, then hit us on the break when we inevitably give the ball away cheaply with too many players up the pitch.

Frustrating after a decent run of results, let's hope we can get back on track next week.

aye, hopefully we'll play a bit more direct post jan transfers

The FA in idiotic decision shocker...

Hardly idiotic ffs

Where do the BBC get there transfer gossip from? the amount of players that seem to be linked with Liverpool is unreal' date=' if they are all true we will be signing 20 players come Jan.[/quote']

Pretty sure their gossip page has sources below each rumour? At least the mobile site does. Taken from various newspapers and websites, so about as reliable as random nobodies on the internet making wishlists

if there is as much as it seems there might be to these Sturridge rumours, I really don't get why we're not going after Walcott with equal force.
really can't see the attraction for us to theo. he's going to be looking for another cl team, I think he will stay at arsenal anyhow.

missed this before. Possibly. it would be odd to be going after a player like Sturridge if we didn't want to play direct, he's hardly a pass and mover.

Knocking it into the channels would be cracking with Sturridge up top to run onto.

Yes we do and yes he is.

I said a while back that the lack of pace in our team was going to show us up, especially in todays football. Kenny never really addressed it with his diabolical signings either (barring Luis).

I remember last season I think it was around Christmas time when Chelsea travelled to Newcastle and Sturridge played on the wing. He absolutely ripped Newcastle's defence apart with his pace, but his finishing let him down on that day, but his overall performance was superb.

Sturridge would be a quality signing for Liverpool. Don't see why so many are against signing him. Him, Suarez and Sterling will be lethal. Also I heard Sterling is close to signing a £30k per week contract. Apparently reports say Liverpool offered him £20k a week initially but Sterling and his agent wanted a higher offer. Imagine being that age and being able to choose if £20k is not enough for you. Some of us would be happy to earn that every 3 years. Shows us how lucky footballers are :eek:

Sterling would easily get £30k a week at another club, and for someone who's out performed all expectations and is now an international it's not that bad a deal for the club. Has already contributed more than J.Cole who is on more than 3 times as much.

Sturridge should be alright, I winced at the £12m price tag though. But if he converts 50% of the chances that should be coming his way he'll be worth it.

Archived