Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

That ball from Downing to Gerrard really was awesome. Also love that the fullback he ripped up all game long was Riise :D

I'm not sure if he even meant it, I thought he misplaced a ball to the guy on the edge of the box and Gerrard just made something out of it. Its about time something went Downing's way though.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the exception of 4 or 5 of your starting XI, your squad is very average though and that's being realistic. Your bench is no better than many of the teams in the bottom half to be honest and i'd say Sterling is the only player who could possibly come on a do something half decent. Think you'll win, but doubt it will be comfortable.
boom - knobhead

Downing is a mess and should be gone in January.

Did you watch the Fulham game?

Based upon the last games he isn't as much of a disaster as many people make out. The question is can you replace him with someone better for the same price?

Did you watch the Fulham game?

Based upon the last games he isn't as much of a disaster as many people make out. The question is can you replace him with someone better for the same price?

Replace with someone better for half the price surely?

15 games: combined 23pts off 5th and combined 30pts off 4th.

16 games: combined 12pts off 5th and combined 16pts off 4th. Progress

17 games: combined 19pts off 5th and combined 25pts off 4th. Slippage!

18 games: combined 15pts off 5th and combined 20pts off 4th. Up n' at em.

I agree that Downing still has to work to do to prove himself. 3 decent performances doesn't make him worth his transfer fee or wages, but it should make him worth a run in the team. Let's see how he goes for a bit, but if we get a good offer in Jan (which I think will be unlikely) we might be better off taking it.

What are you lads thinking about Sturridge then? I think he's a quality player and would have liked to see us (spurs) go in for him, but he'll probs play a lot more at yours. 12m I think it is yeah? I think you've got a great deal there.

my issue with Henderson isn't really about how good he is but whether or not he's gonna get the game time to develop. Lucas should be playing nearly every game, can we really develop Allen, Shelvey, Suso and Henderson enough all at the same time?

This. Its great having so much talent when they could all turn into really good players. Suso/Shelvey especially but it will be way to hard to develop them all at the same time. Why its so important to have the right mixture of youth and experience

Chelsea fans that dislike and slate Benitez don't realise how lucky they are to have him.. all ready they are starting to look like title challengers again and unlike when he was manager of Liverpool he actually has a side full of quality, better squad than Utd id say...

Looks like Sturridge is going to sign for us for £12 million and 60k a week. I think there is better out there that we could get but hopefully Sturridge will be a good signing for us, he has pace and is direct. I wouldn't read too much into what he has done at Chelsea because all decent strikers end up poor once they are in Chelsea colours.

Crespo, Kezman, Shevchenko, kalou, Boroni, Torres and Robben all performed better at other clubs hope sturridge does the same and a lot of us wanted him or Anelka plus £40 million when we sold them Torres.

I don't think that is a bad thing. Suarez will score wherever he is played, because he will be allowed to pretty much play freely whichever wide position he is in. He already pops-up on both wings when playing as a centre forward as it is.

Also, nobody is going to put such a clause in their contract anyway...

:D

I do wonder sometimes how people think things can be true. I'm sure there's been discussions about where he will play and that will factor into his decisions to come here but I'm sure he will also understand that there will be times he will be asked to play elsewhere.

Archived