Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ince could be s great signing, already bossing the Championship and still young so will probably develop further.

Think you are underestimating the league here as Shane Long/Cahill/Jagielka/Lescott/Adam Johnson/Joe Allen/Ox Chamberlain and a lot more players gave come out the league. His attitude and age makes it a lot more promising too. Fits Brendan's style well too.

Oxlade-Chamberlain only played a couple of games in the Championship. Tim Cahill hasn't played in the Championship for 8 years, Jagielka and Lescott haven't for six, and Adam Johnson was already an established PL player when Middlesborough got relegated.

Scoring 13 goals from the wing in a whole Championship season is a great achievement, let alone less than half a season. Ince has been "flavour of the month" for at least 18 months too. So I agree with your general point, I just think you made it really badly.

People everywhere are being too positive about this game. I can see it going to ****.

Really? Their midfield is shocking and we will control it resulting in a pretty comfortable win.

im with SSN a little here tbh. setting ourselves up for a fall expecting to roll over AV and virtually everyone expects a comfy win.

sure a 3-0 win would be on the cards in the past but it could just as easily be a 1-3 disaster the way some games have gone this season or another frustrating draw.

i'm more hopeful than expectant these days.

As if we can afford to leave out our best winger. He's had the full week of conditioning and preparation, no mid-week game. I don't really see what others see in terms of fatigue anyway. For me he's been starting games slowly but becoming our main threat in the last 20 or minutes. That doesn't really indicate fatigue to me.

Archived