What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'd love to see an expansion draft and be one of the teams deciding whether to draft high potential players or MLS ready players in either the college or expansion draft. Maybe you can do a deal with the MLS to update it in the January update. America is a huge market obviously and 'soccer' is a rapidly growing sport there.

Am I right that we wait till FM16 for New York City and Orlando City SC otherwise?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that great players rarely become great or even decent staff members. For example Messi and Ronaldo have recently retired and Ronaldo has a PA of 115 and Messi's is 98. C'mon unrealistic. Most good staff members are regenerated as never being players or were average at best players.

I've noticed all staff members who regen as staff members all have personality attributes of 10 all round.

Another thing is staff members never add teams to favoured status.

Also national team staff never learn the language or improve their abilities. Players don't learn the language when playing for countries they weren't born in either.

If you haven't done so already can you log any instances of this happening in the bugs forum, especially registered squads that do not meet the competition rules. :thup:

Before I do, am I the only one noticing this. Because, IIRC its not just an issue in FM14. It happens in any save not just a one off. Also goes for the unnecessary registering of players.

I'd love to see an expansion draft and be one of the teams deciding whether to draft high potential players or MLS ready players in either the college or expansion draft. Maybe you can do a deal with the MLS to update it in the January update. America is a huge market obviously and 'soccer' is a rapidly growing sport there.

Am I right that we wait till FM16 for New York City and Orlando City SC otherwise?

I'm sure there is even more support than what I have in http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/396855-MLS-in-FM-15 out there.

a lack of good coaches is annoying ... I've very rarely ever found a 5 star coach in any area.. which ofc requires signing coaches and hoping that all those 20's will make him good .. alas half the time they are useless..

coaches need a lot more work .. having a favoured tactic should matter if they coach it.. their style should affect things too .. if they like a passing game that should have a positive effect on players passing surely??

please add star ratings too coaches would save a lot of hassle finding a coach too sign ..

also why do coaches get worse over time?

i had one who had 20 fitness and had 4.5 stars in that field .. a few years later he is down too 18 and 3 stars ..

a lack of good coaches is annoying ... I've very rarely ever found a 5 star coach in any area.. which ofc requires signing coaches and hoping that all those 20's will make him good .. alas half the time they are useless..

coaches need a lot more work .. having a favoured tactic should matter if they coach it.. their style should affect things too .. if they like a passing game that should have a positive effect on players passing surely??

please add star ratings too coaches would save a lot of hassle finding a coach too sign ..

also why do coaches get worse over time?

i had one who had 20 fitness and had 4.5 stars in that field .. a few years later he is down too 18 and 3 stars ..

Were you using him in other fields? Other attributes may have risen if his potential was maxed out. Also, in mid fifties there CA stalls and 60+ it drops.

Can the name changes of a team put into team data, such that you would have tab giving team name changes, instead of having one or two predecessors which usually aren't picked up by the game as predecessors. It makes a mess of history. Building a history for competitions like the DDR and Czechoslovakia are nightmares with all those team name changes....

Were you using him in other fields? Other attributes may have risen if his potential was maxed out. Also, in mid fifties there CA stalls and 60+ it drops.

he was a fitness coach ... and he was quite young .. an ex player who just retired ... coaches should only get better .. afterall decades of knowledge and teaching would make you better at it not worse ...

he was a fitness coach ... and he was quite young .. an ex player who just retired ... coaches should only get better .. afterall decades of knowledge and teaching would make you better at it not worse ...

I'm sure senility sets in at some point.

Seriously though, they also have a PA and there are factors other than just his fitness rating that will take up CA especially if he is not natural in that role. Just as with players having multiple positions takes up CA IMO so do multiple staff roles.

Can the name changes of a team put into team data, such that you would have tab giving team name changes, instead of having one or two predecessors which usually aren't picked up by the game as predecessors. It makes a mess of history. Building a history for competitions like the DDR and Czechoslovakia are nightmares with all those team name changes....

Do you mean having say for example Chester City being a predecessor to Chester FC if so you can do this simply by specifying new club on the extinct club in editor?

Hello,

It's my first participation here I would like to add something to the wishlist. Apologies if these issues have already been mentioned by some other users.

- More and better interaction with the Assistant Manager during matches;

- Creation of pre-season tournements, like Teresa Herrera, Juan Gamper and so on;

- Improved ppm's, mainly defensive;

Tactics need a review and improvement: more defensive options are needed, different types of pressing (zonal pressing allowing where to set the team aplying the pressing zone: high, midfield or low; 6 second rule: high pressing and then fall back... etc, etc, etc); I also think it's important to have the same PI instructions as we have TI, for example, I can set my team to be more expressive but it would be nice to be able to instruct a specific player or players to be more disciplined. Some links within the TI board should be also reviewed: a good example is not being able to tell my team to be more disiciplined if I set the Roam from Position TI. Over all TI's, PI's and OI's should be reviewed, many users get confused mostly with OI's and its role over ruling the other instructions.

Since I'm a portuguese customer I would like for SI getting it right with the translations, it was bad enough going through FM14 with brazilian.

Thank you

Make the salary of the manager more important and realistic in the game.

I always try to negotiate (not much to negotiate actually) a realistic contract, but the game doesn't encourage that enough. I really don't want to see someone again saying: 'ooh I just give me the lowest wage possible to save the finances of the club'.

I Agree totally.

In my current save my club tries to offer me new contracts worth only a quarter of what I started off with. Strange as I actually had them promoted 2 times in the meantime. Now their offers have risen somewhat as they offer me half of my first salary. I just decline all their offers, negotiating towards my current salary, but they refuse to come anywhere near my pretty realistic wishes (I'm not going to cut my wages, especially not after my Obvious succes). Oddly enough my contract goes on and on a month to month basis, so I'm still on my first salary.

The whole manager contract / job offer module needs an overhaul. Why doesn't any club approach me for example, I'm out of contract and obviously successful. Okay, I started off with sunday league expoerience, but 5 seasons onward I have made a name for myself at this level getting my club promoted twice already.

I mentioned it before, the whole job approaching needs to be the same with managers as it is with players. When contracts are ending (say in half a year) managers should be able to be approached by clubs just as players are.

It seems that great players rarely become great or even decent staff members. For example Messi and Ronaldo have recently retired and Ronaldo has a PA of 115 and Messi's is 98. C'mon unrealistic. Most good staff members are regenerated as never being players or were average at best players.

Maradona is quite poor coach, although he was a fantastic player. Playing quality doesn't always equal coaching quality. On the other hand, there are coaches like Mourinho or SAF who never made succesful playing careers.

I'd like to see an improvement with players who don't have clubs and their willingness to join smaller teams.

Now I don't mean big players leaving on a free from a Premier League team and joining one in the Skrill South but more with players who have been unemployed for a long period of time at least listening to smaller clubs rather than hanging around the database for years with no one offering them contracts.

Example I'm Waterford United manager and Luca Toni has been unemployed for 2 years and won't even talk to me let alone look at a contract to reject and in that time no one has even been interested in him

Apart from the need to either scrap the press conferences and stuff completely or make it have an actual impact on the game, I just really hope they do something about the graphics, especially when it comes to the stadia.

It's all about immersing the player in the game and creating an atmosphere around the matches themselves. The stadia are just anonymous, standard stuff that look nothing at all like the real ones. It wouldn't take SI too much effort to make the stadium graphics much more true to life. If I'm playing away at San Siro, Bernabeu or Anfield, it should feel and look like the great match experience it is. Instead I'm watching stadiums that look like the Shed at Stamford Bridge circa 1980. Have your game designers create stadium replicas from the great stadia around Europe and it will add so so much to the experience.

Even at the lowest level - the lowest division I have managed in is the 6th level in Italy. Here you would play in front of 100 spectators in a field somewhere, maybe just a ground stuck in a residential area in a town or city with barely any stands whatsoever. But in the game, there are stands at even the smallest grounds. This, too, is not a realistic depiction. Some teams in the lower divisions are from the middle of nowhere, others are inner-city teams. The environment around the stadia, and the stadia themselves, need a lot of work, and I really hope this is the year that SI do something about this. It's far overdue. The match graphics themselves are fine, and the match engine is more or less fine, too.

The cosmetics have never been important for the FM series, but this year, I hope it gets some attention.

Here you would play in front of 100 spectators in a field somewhere, maybe just a ground stuck in a residential area in a town or city with barely any stands whatsoever. But in the game, there are stands at even the smallest grounds. This, too, is not a realistic depiction. .... It's far overdue..

Exactly my frustration for over 5 versions of FM. I like to manage the lowest of the low, but the unrealisticly big stadia take out that lower league feel. Covered stands on four sides of the pitch, that only happens in lower league (BS) England occasionally, but surely nowhere else around the world. SI seems to differ in opinion.

Though in real life sides with no stands at all are common good in lower league, often only one small stand serves as a single main stand and the rest is just grass, spectators just stand behind advertisement boarding or a low fence. Uncovered terracing seems to have totally vanished from the game..

Furthermore the 'english' type of stadium is the only one in FM. What about stadiums with curved stands/tarracing of athletics tracks, which are common in Italy/South America/Germany?

I've suggested this before for earlier versions, and it doesn't seem that hard to implement: A stadium editor in the FM-editor. The stadiums are probably made out of certain blocks, let people design their own stadiums according to the real thing. Just like logo-packs, and custom leagues enthousiasts can build stadium-packs that can be imported in the game. In game-editing of stadiums would be briljant but I don't dare to hope. I often 'update' my game when I skip club/league, importing logo's and backgrounds, gatting my game as realistic as possible. Would be brilliant if I could also alter the default stadiums to match the real thing (or download a pack someone else made for that league).

I agree that this is only cosmetic, but the feel of the game is also important.

@Zeonflux: "I'm Waterford United manager and Luca Toni has been unemployed for 2 years and won't even talk to me"

This I do understand. What is in it for Luca Toni? Crap salary, crap league, long way from home. I would be surprised if he was talking to you to be honest. I'd stay unemployed rather than move to Ireland if I had his talent and bank-account.

Maradona is quite poor coach, although he was a fantastic player. Playing quality doesn't always equal coaching quality. On the other hand, there are coaches like Mourinho or SAF who never made succesful playing careers.

SAF was top-scorer of Scottish Premier League (called differently then) when it was muuuuuch better league that it is now.

SAF was top-scorer of Scottish Premier League (called differently then) when it was muuuuuch better league that it is now.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. He was hardly the world's greatest player, but he very well could be the World's greatest manager. Mourinho too. It is ridiculous to say that it's unrealistic that top players don't make top managers - the vast majority of players don't even become managers in real life, let alone good ones.

Everybody knows that clubs that experience financial problems often do not pay salary to their players or at least delay it.Moreover,the players would be more interested in a transfer to another club,since the situation in his current club does not look good.

Sorry for this one but, ....I would like to to see the ability to change gender of a staff member - really.

I get a kick out of posting up attractive female cut outs for names like Pat(rica) Busby or Tonnie Bruins Slot.

It gives me a needed break & makes it easier to remember who is who.

I've noticed all staff members who regen as staff members all have personality attributes of 10 all round.

Another thing is staff members never add teams to favoured status.

Also national team staff never learn the language or improve their abilities. Players don't learn the language when playing for countries they weren't born in either.

I see your point but you fail to see mine. Yes it may be realistic for Messi and Ronaldo could be realistic. My point was that NO GREAT players become good staff members. This does happen in real life. Guardiola, de Boer, Laudrup etc need I go on.

Does his CA match his achievements? There may be bigger issues but it us still one. Perhaps the frequency of great player/manager needs to be stepped up.

There is another issue with staff that must gave gone unnoticed when I mentioned it earlier as well but maybe I should report it as a bug instead.

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before but FM just needs to concentrate on honing the features it already has rather than adding anything particularly new and fancy. Three main areas that need tuning up...

Media Interaction- Press conferences are still insanely repetitive- I keep getting asked how it will be for a player I sold 3 years ago to return when he's already played against us about 8 times. Also I just got a season preview saying it is sad for Norwich fans that I don't play enough English players despite 7 of my first choice XI being English. Little things like that do take you out of the game a bit.

Player interaction- This is better than it was but still prone to weirdness as others have mentioned. Players getting annoyed that you have not sold them despite it being September, players asking to be wtihdrawn from the transfer list then the next week wanting a chat about wanting to move to a bigger club. Players complaining they've not been played enough despite having long injury layoffs in that time. I had a player speak to me the day of the last game of the season about a lack of Football. When I told him he was in my first team plans for next season he said he can't wait that long and handed in a transfer request. He can't wait one game??

Match Engine- Think I posted this higher up the thread but PLEASE less shooting from stupid positions, less crosses hitting the bar/post/needing to be saved, less keepers catching a cross that was going out for a goal kick then stepping out of play. Also I think me and SI have a VERY different interpretation of a clear cut chance. I've had shots from difficult angles described as a CCC but unmarked headers from 6 yards out not be. Finally mak the 'Go Route One' button actually work. Nothing more frustrating that being a goal down in the 89th minute with all your settings designed to get your players humping it up to the big man and then watching your keeper and CB's play triangles with it.

Does his CA match his achievements? There may be bigger issues but it us still one. Perhaps the frequency of great player/manager needs to be stepped up.

There is another issue with staff that must gave gone unnoticed when I mentioned it earlier as well but maybe I should report it as a bug instead.

Since he won CL (twice), CA appears to be quite irrelevant, doesn't it? He IS a great manager. And i don't use fm scout, so I can't see his pa.

Do you mean having say for example Chester City being a predecessor to Chester FC if so you can do this simply by specifying new club on the extinct club in editor?

Thanks for the tip. I managed to fix some issues that way. Managed to find a few dataissues to report to SI as well that way.

It's important that DoFs are immovable on some games. In fact it's pretty farcical altogether that a manager can sack a director of football on FM.

It's also important that negotiations for transfers and contracts are no longer held by you (the manager), since this does not happen at all any more.

Since he won CL (twice), CA appears to be quite irrelevant, doesn't it? He IS a great manager. And i don't use fm scout, so I can't see his pa.

It may be irrelevant to you but as a general rule (not all) CA will influence ability to be successful. You still should be able to look at his attributes and get a good idea of what CA is.

It may be irrelevant to you but as a general rule (not all) CA will influence ability to be successful. You still should be able to look at his attributes and get a good idea of what CA is.

I second what you say about the lack of coaches...

In my current file there are NO (yes I counted) five star coaches for any training category in the first three years so far...

I've just had three staff retire, two players as well. Ryan Giggs who I had as U21 coach has improved to such an extent he's now a 4.5 star attacking coach worthy of commanding a wage of 76k a week (What the hell?) but there's literally no other staff out there with the necessary attributes to be a 5 star coach. I get that they should be rare, but none? meh!

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before but FM just needs to concentrate on honing the features it already has rather than adding anything particularly new and fancy. Three main areas that need tuning up...

Media Interaction- Press conferences are still insanely repetitive- I keep getting asked how it will be for a player I sold 3 years ago to return when he's already played against us about 8 times. Also I just got a season preview saying it is sad for Norwich fans that I don't play enough English players despite 7 of my first choice XI being English. Little things like that do take you out of the game a bit.

Player interaction- This is better than it was but still prone to weirdness as others have mentioned. Players getting annoyed that you have not sold them despite it being September, players asking to be wtihdrawn from the transfer list then the next week wanting a chat about wanting to move to a bigger club. Players complaining they've not been played enough despite having long injury layoffs in that time. I had a player speak to me the day of the last game of the season about a lack of Football. When I told him he was in my first team plans for next season he said he can't wait that long and handed in a transfer request. He can't wait one game??

Match Engine- Think I posted this higher up the thread but PLEASE less shooting from stupid positions, less crosses hitting the bar/post/needing to be saved, less keepers catching a cross that was going out for a goal kick then stepping out of play. Also I think me and SI have a VERY different interpretation of a clear cut chance. I've had shots from difficult angles described as a CCC but unmarked headers from 6 yards out not be. Finally mak the 'Go Route One' button actually work. Nothing more frustrating that being a goal down in the 89th minute with all your settings designed to get your players humping it up to the big man and then watching your keeper and CB's play triangles with it.

This is all true focus on the games core! Once that is perfect then you can go about adding new features

I would like to be able to manage the youth teams and then be able to work your way up to reserve/U21 manger and then onto first team manager if you wanted to. It would be good if you were the guy who was responsible for the next generation of star players in your first team. What does everybody else think?

I believe the game becomes at times a little too mathy. Like it HAS to be 2+2= 4, you HAVE to play your best team to win, you HAVE to do certain things to win, for example, in a particular case if you are not telling your team to play direct football and persisting with a short passing possession game, you will NEVER win certain games. In some cases, even if a player who is integral to your team isn't playing well, NOTHING but subbing him off would make things better. You'll dominate possession, your forwards will do torresses after torresses, you will hit the posts umpteen number of times but you will NEVER score. it kind of gets tiresome at times- FM is not supposed to be a puzzle, where nothing but the right piece of the jigsaw would fit in. FM14 was exactly like that. I'd love to see a troublemaking star player rotting in the reserves while I draft in a young player from my U-21 team who can make the fans forget the overpaid superstar, but that doesn't happen in FM as a rule. Would love to see a bit of randomness coming into the game.

Also, why does firing even a single staff member (Mutual Termination) at the beginning of a game earmarks the save to be a sure-shot failure? Be it a HOYD or a scout, if I fire a staff member, I am not going past two months in that save. It's like a standard! :confused:

FM14 also did away with the tactical sliders. I fail to understand why. We now have buttons that don't change stuff much in most of the cases.

There's an issue with the "revamped" player interactions too- we now can't praise a random player and make him unsettled at his club. Why?

Also, why does firing even a single staff member (Mutual Termination) at the beginning of a game earmarks the save to be a sureshot failure? Be it a HOYD or a scout, if I fire a staff member, I am not going past two months in that save. It's like a standard! :confused:

I exchange most of the staff at the beginning of a new save and never have troubles like you describe them. I suppose it is rather your mindset that decides that the save is a failure...

I exchange most of the staff at the beginning of a new save and never have troubles like you describe them. I suppose it is rather your mindset that decides that the save is a failure...

Not really. I noticed this a long time back- and have intentionally tried this out to see if the hypothesis is true. You start a season brilliantly, go on a winning streak maybe, three months in you fire a coach and bring in a new guy- the team goes for a toss, three months later, you get the sack. Once or twice I can pass it off as coincidence, happening time and again? There has got to be an issue somewhere. Staff members that are much worse off in terms of skill points seem to be doing their job fine- as long as you maintain status quo, everything is normal, results depend on how you play and set up (again, the 2+2 = 4 issue, if you change things around you go for a toss. Anyway, that's not the point here). If you ever decide to bring in a better person on board, you're a goner.

Not really. I noticed this a long time back- and have intentionally tried this out to see if the hypothesis is true. You start a season brilliantly, go on a winning streak maybe, three months in you fire a coach and bring in a new guy- the team goes for a toss, three months later, you get the sack. Once or twice I can pass it off as coincidence, happening time and again? There has got to be an issue somewhere. Staff members that are much worse off in terms of skill points seem to be doing their job fine- as long as you maintain status quo, everything is normal, results depend on how you play and set up (again, the 2+2 = 4 issue, if you change things around you go for a toss. Anyway, that's not the point here). If you ever decide to bring in a better person on board, you're a goner.

Its 100% nothing to do with you firing staff.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before because I can't be bothered to read all 43 pages of this thread but I have a suggestion in regards to potential. I understand that this may be difficult to implement into the game but bare with me. How many times in real life do you see a young player have a game or two above their average ability and show signs of what could come ? I would like it if say they have a current ability of 120 and a pa of 180 that for one game in a blue moon they perform at a 150 or 160 level. I think this would add another level of realism. This may not be possible but for example Raheem Stirling has shown in some games the player he is capable of developing into. The frequency of the games would reduce to nothing after a certain age because it is obvious that they may not develop. I think one of the things about a young player is that they have that variable quality. I think it would be exciting but what do you guys think.

P.s I understand the difficulties it would take in implementing this but I do believe it would encourage people to play their youth more often. I don't believe that development ever is completely linear and players often show that one game where they are really bright and energetic. It is just a though anyway.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before because I can't be bothered to read all 43 pages of this thread but I have a suggestion in regards to potential. I understand that this may be difficult to implement into the game but bare with me. How many times in real life do you see a young player have a game or two above their average ability and show signs of what could come ? I would like it if say they have a current ability of 120 and a pa of 180 that for one game in a blue moon they perform at a 150 or 160 level. I think this would add another level of realism. This may not be possible but for example Raheem Stirling has shown in some games the player he is capable of developing into. The frequency of the games would reduce to nothing after a certain age because it is obvious that they may not develop. I think one of the things about a young player is that they have that variable quality. I think it would be exciting but what do you guys think.

P.s I understand the difficulties it would take in implementing this but I do believe it would encourage people to play their youth more often. I don't believe that development ever is completely linear and players often show that one game where they are really bright and energetic. It is just a though anyway.

Agreed, it'd spawn a lot of moaning on here though "why can't my 17 year old play like dis evry gem hurr durr?"

Also please sort out the keepers catching a ****** cross at the front post and conceding a corner

This already exists through the consistency hidden attribute. The attributes in FM are only a base which are already influenced by consistency. A player who is inconsistent will sometimes perform above their ability and sometimes below.

What I believe should happen is if a player who has low potential have consistently good games his PA should increase, and vice versa. I would also like to see late bloomers happen but I think if this was possible to implement it would already be in the game. I don't see the variable potential thing be a problem though as games like MLB the Show has this.

Are you sure consistency does that ? I thought it was more that they play at their current level of ability more often if they are consistent. I don't believe that a consistent young player who has a ca of 120 will play at 160 because of that attribute.

I would like to be able to manage the youth teams and then be able to work your way up to reserve/U21 manger and then onto first team manager if you wanted to. It would be good if you were the guy who was responsible for the next generation of star players in your first team. What does everybody else think?

Anyone???

I certainly wouldn't mind what you're suggesting, JamsyLFC.

Not in the format it is now but clubs actually approaching you for being a youth and/or reserve manager.

Having to work your way up the ladder. Earn the position of being a senior level manager.

Reason i wouldn't mind it is that i would probably play that way. I have no doubt it would cause more frustration

on my part but that would be half the fun. No idea if it would actually work in the current format of FM though

but i would definitely give it a go.

From reading through nearly all the posts on this thread, the 3 things that I would like to see most are:

I'd love to be able to manage U21 and U18 squads. I love being able to manager at U21 level in international football and think it would be great at club level too. Starting un-employed would mean making a choice between a lower-league side, or perhaps the U18 manager at a Premier League club. For a journeyman save this would offer SO many more options.

The second is GreenArmy's idea (p42) about being able to talk to a player during contract negotiations. Being able to sell him the club through ambitions etc. How often do you hear of players talking after a transfer that the manager spoke to them and convinced them to join (normally because of their "philosophy").

Finally, Goalkeepers. Nearly everything about Goalkeepers in the match engine, but most of all goalkeepers need to be able to foul players. Other than a keeper coming out of his area holding the ball, I've never seen a keeper foul a player. You never see a striker rounding a keeper and being brought down. Really has to change.

Whilst, these are the 3 individual things that I would like to see, the biggest overall thing (which I KNOW SI are working on is the Match Engine and how it is represented in 3D. I'm not expecting FIFA style graphics, but it would just be great if the 3D ME gave a far better impression about what is happening in the game. We've all seen those shots from an angle that go so far wide of the near post it's untrue. I've managed Bale, Ronaldo, Messi and they all do it. A lot. I'm sure it's not that they are missing the target by that much, rather the match engine doesn't have the animations to show how the shot truly was. And that's frustrating.

But overall - the game is incredible.

I certainly wouldn't mind what you're suggesting, JamsyLFC.

Not in the format it is now but clubs actually approaching you for being a youth and/or reserve manager.

Having to work your way up the ladder. Earn the position of being a senior level manager.

Reason i wouldn't mind it is that i would probably play that way. I have no doubt it would cause more frustration

on my part but that would be half the fun. No idea if it would actually work in the current format of FM though

but i would definitely give it a go.

I reckon it could work. You can take control of B teams in Spain. So I don't see why it couldn't be possible to control youth or reserve teams for other clubs. It would definitely give me a bit more interest in the game than I have been having these past couple of years.

From reading through nearly all the posts on this thread, the 3 things that I would like to see most are:

I'd love to be able to manage U21 and U18 squads. I love being able to manager at U21 level in international football and think it would be great at club level too. Starting un-employed would mean making a choice between a lower-league side, or perhaps the U18 manager at a Premier League club. For a journeyman save this would offer SO many more options.

The second is GreenArmy's idea (p42) about being able to talk to a player during contract negotiations. Being able to sell him the club through ambitions etc. How often do you hear of players talking after a transfer that the manager spoke to them and convinced them to join (normally because of their "philosophy").

Finally, Goalkeepers. Nearly everything about Goalkeepers in the match engine, but most of all goalkeepers need to be able to foul players. Other than a keeper coming out of his area holding the ball, I've never seen a keeper foul a player. You never see a striker rounding a keeper and being brought down. Really has to change.

Whilst, these are the 3 individual things that I would like to see, the biggest overall thing (which I KNOW SI are working on is the Match Engine and how it is represented in 3D. I'm not expecting FIFA style graphics, but it would just be great if the 3D ME gave a far better impression about what is happening in the game. We've all seen those shots from an angle that go so far wide of the near post it's untrue. I've managed Bale, Ronaldo, Messi and they all do it. A lot. I'm sure it's not that they are missing the target by that much, rather the match engine doesn't have the animations to show how the shot truly was. And that's frustrating.

But overall - the game is incredible.

At the same time, I'd like the option to tell a player he's surplus to requirements BEFORE you put them on the list (it's not available, I checked, it does pop up when they come whinging to you though...)

And the option to offer them out or list them without their knowledge. Kind of a 'We're willing to sell' but we're not flat out transfer listing and telling him yet. Because too often there's not enough bids for people who aren't on the list.

Some kind of feedback when sacked, either from the board or at least in an interview in the media concerning your thoughts on the sacking (preferably both). A kind of way to ventilate your frustration (or relief). Do you understand the decision, how dissapointed are you, what are your plans for the future (are you willing to manage at a lower level?), that sort of questions. In the current game the only related feedback comes when you get a new job and you are asked if you feel your sacking was harsh. Often this is months after the event.

IRL every sacking is spread out in the media, but in FM14 it's like BANG! Gone are the club colours, you're unemployed and then nothing, apart from a dry "Club X sack manager Y, candidates to take the job is manager Z".. This is kind of a lame end of a career at a certain club. At least summerise the managers achiefments at that club or something like that. Furthermore I take it the board has something to say to you when the curtain falls (more than just the ultimatum a couple of days previous), supporters and sponsors might have an opinion and the media will be all over it for sure (criticising you ór the club).

Furthermore, if your career has been successfull (apart from the last series of matches probably) I'd expect some lurking clubs (maybe of lower stature) to show an immediate interest in your services now you're a free agent. In FM14 it seems like the sacking in itself drains all interest from clubs. Say I get sacked relegating Brighton after I took them into the PL, why won't a Championship or L1 club want me as a manager after the relegation?

At the moment, one key problem in the game is Full-backs. Going forward they are fine, it is defensively there is quite an unrealistic problem. They stand off players even if they are told not to, the most common goal I see on FM is from a player going down the wing and going past a full-back like he is not there and then being through on goal. I feel that the full-backs need improving defensively in the way that they stay on a player, try and put in tackles and don't just allow an attacker to go past them so easily all the time.

Archived