*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do I change attribute colours?

I tried in preferences changing the colours from Red (excellent) down to a pale orangy colour (poor) but when I clicked Confirm nothing changed and in preferences it had reverted to blue/grey again.

FM12 is my first incarnation since FM09 and I must say (being an "older" guy) it is very confusing and a lot to take in,I just hope my Determination attribute is high enough! :D

How do I change attribute colours?

I tried in preferences changing the colours from Red (excellent) down to a pale orangy colour (poor) but when I clicked Confirm nothing changed and in preferences it had reverted to blue/grey again.

FM12 is my first incarnation since FM09 and I must say (being an "older" guy) it is very confusing and a lot to take in,I just hope my Determination attribute is high enough! :D

You've probably got 'Enable skin cache' box unticked in the preferences, re-enable it and it should work.

What's the deal with this? I'm forced to use this programme that has caused me nothing trouble and I've got home after a 12 hour shift at work and I can't play the game, the game I paid £29.99 of my hard earned cash for, the reatil copy I bought to avoid having to use Steam. As a regular paying customer I am livid that we have to use this. Why can't I play the game? Getting fed up with this now for christ sake SI/Sega just leave the activation how it was instead of trying something new every year which will eventually get cracked anyway.

steamre.jpg

My 2p:

1) Steam only => bad decision imho.

2) Responsiveness in game is poor. Its particularly noticable when having a conversation with one of your players. On my i7 with 6GB of RAM there is a delay of between 1 and 2 seconds between clicking a response and the next one appearing. Never had such issues with FM2011. Generally performance seems to have declined significantly.

3) Game appears a tad easy at first glance.

4) Would like the graphical attribute info(i.e. the circle with the attributes drawn as a vector) to be able to appear by default on the player profile screen. I found this very useful to tell at a glance what kind of player I was dealing with, but its a pain to have to make an extra click to see it.

5) When navigating your page history using the back button, I think duplicate pages should be excluded. For example if I actually visited the following pages for a particular player:

Overview -> Stats -> Training -> Stats -> Reports.

Then if I click back from the Reports page, I want to go to:

Stats -> Training -> Overview.

6) I'm getting a lot more injuries than in previous games. Lots of long term injuries. Seems to be happening to other clubs too.

7) A 'first team coach' who is currently on £1500 / week, will probably ask for £5000 / week to be a "coach" and work with the reserves. Seems a bit silly to me.

Generally like the new version and I think its a decent improvement over the previous one.

have already put in some feedback about the game but want to add from my point of view FM12 reminds me of why i loved football management games in the first place,why i spent hours upon hours playing CM,but sadly fell out of love with FM as the series went on,the game i loved is back again,might not be for everyone but i'm enjoying football management again:)

3 hours of trying to sort out problems with FM2012 and STEAM (worked fine for the last few days) Now STEAM is suddenly asking me to change settings, which I did, but still won't load FM12 (Not the first time I've had problems with Steam). I have to get the "Force Quit" option to get Steam to close. Have now UN-installed it (all 3gigs of it!!). Not happy. I didn't ask for or want steam. I'm sure there is a solution to my problems, but after 3 hours, I can't be ar*ed. Sending FM2012 back and I'll stick with 11. Been buying CM/FM since day 1. Won't be buying it again if it's attached to Steam.

Had I realised FM12 had to use Steam, I wouldn't have dreamed about buying it. No mention of Steam on Amazon. Hopefully SI will take notice of all the complaints, but I'm not hopeful as I'm guessing there is quite a lot of money involved. Such a shame!

This is working really well. The patch isn't coming in AND I can't play FM. What ever happened to the old days of "please insert word 132 from page 12 of the manual"?

Why are we, the paying public, forced to not play the game we've brought, whereas if we circumvented Steam we could be playing right now?

No form of DRM does anything but irritate the genuine buyers, but Steam is, on FM terms, particularly pants. Mafia, Just Cause, Dawn of War, Dirt, all of these work perfectly every time. FM... not so much.

What's the deal with this? I'm forced to use this programme that has caused me nothing trouble and I've got home after a 12 hour shift at work and I can't play the game, the game I paid £29.99 of my hard earned cash for, the reatil copy I bought to avoid having to use Steam. As a regular paying customer I am livid that we have to use this. Why can't I play the game? Getting fed up with this now for christ sake SI/Sega just leave the activation how it was instead of trying something new every year which will eventually get cracked anyway.

I totally agree with you my friend... I'm not happy at all! I've probably spent £250-£300 since CM97/98 buying every copy of the game until now where I've paid £30 for my game that I'm forced to play via this awful Steam (I've never used it before)... why can't I play my game when I want to..... SI/Sega?

I just encountered something really weird. I gave a team talk after getting a narrow win against a significantly weaker team where we only were the slightly better team. Now what I said was that despite the win I wasn't satisfied with our performance and all of a sudden one of my players whines about how he feels unfairly singled out for criticism despite that I gave a general team talk and didn't ever directly address the player at all.

So I had a personal talk to the player and told him I would felt my criticism was justified and that I stick with my opinion and that he should stop questioning me openly in the news papers. Now he feels alienated and wants to leave okay for me if he is that unprofessional and doesn't respect me but another thing that is strange I can't even fine him for criticize me openly. I want to make a statement that I won't tolerate being spoken to like this but I can't because there is no option for punishing unprofessional behavior, really strange.

Well now I decided to put him in the reserves but not make him available for the reserves until his contract runs out in 3 years which will essentially ruin his career or comes back crawling on his knees and bags for my forgiveness. No but seriously there needs to be an option to fine players for unprofessional behavior.

I have to say that this FM is probably the best Football Manager ever!!

The 3D is very nice (yes the stadiums are not similar to the real ones but they're nice)

the tatics is very good. I think it was a great development!

I like the new youth teams contracts, its easier to manage the teams.

The new interface is very nice too! It's very easier to get the information needed

I just encountered something really weird. I gave a team talk after getting a narrow win against a significantly weaker team where we only were the slightly better team. Now what I said was that despite the win I wasn't satisfied with our performance and all of a sudden one of my players whines about how he feels unfairly singled out for criticism despite that I gave a general team talk and didn't ever directly address the player at all.

So I had a personal talk to the player and told him I would felt my criticism was justified and that I stick with my opinion and that he should stop questioning me openly in the news papers. Now he feels alienated and wants to leave okay for me if he is that unprofessional and doesn't respect me but another thing that is strange I can't even fine him for criticize me openly. I want to make a statement that I won't tolerate being spoken to like this but I can't because there is no option for punishing unprofessional behavior, really strange.

Well now I decided to put him in the reserves but not make him available for the reserves until his contract runs out in 3 years which will essentially ruin his career or comes back crawling on his knees and bags for my forgiveness. No but seriously there needs to be an option to fine players for unprofessional behavior.

After you fine him hope he doesn't speak to Tevez ;)

The good: Streamlining everything, team talks, interaction in general

The something in between: It's like a really nice looking flashy new car but with the same innards as the old models

The bad: Font size (inbox number, shirt numbers in classic match view), some screen layouts

Could probably come up with a few more things, like still being in the dark when it comes to 'what's going on' in the footballing world the longer you are on a save, but these would seem to be my biggest issues - or causes of happiness and joy, in case of the positives.

As a new user to steam but an old hand at FM I would like to add that if this is what you have to do to stop the piracy then you have my vote, this is the first digital download I`ve used and it is excellent , no probs with steam at all and I love the quick updates as well. After a poor FM2010, an average FM2011 can I also add that 2012 has kept me off the xbox for a week so well done guys

My board offered me the chance to choose my own feeder club, but came back with a shortlist. I'm sure this issue was raised in FM11.

it is intentional, you cannot just choose any club in the world that you want, the club finds a list of suitable teams and you pick from there, if you choose no i dont want to help choose they will just give you a club with no options.

it is intentional, you cannot just choose any club in the world that you want, the club finds a list of suitable teams and you pick from there, if you choose no i dont want to help choose they will just give you a club with no options.
They've always given me a shortlist though, even if they don't offer you this chance.

I remember in FM10 you could try and pick any team you wanted, sometimes they didn't accept though.

They've always given me a shortlist though, even if they don't offer you this chance.

I remember in FM10 you could try and pick any team you wanted, sometimes they didn't accept though.

Here you go bud, explanation from Neil, i knew i had read this before

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262993-Please-help-Cannot-choose-my-own-feeder-club?highlight=choose+feeder+club

I don't know if this has been brought up. I have installed the new update, and decided to start again so I could have positioning training at the start of the season but in the database drop down box it only gives Default and says its 12.0.0. Is this normal or is there something wrong.

Only problem I have faced is the default font. Thankfully Someone had made a skin with a different/bigger one which made the game playable for me.

I'd be interested in this skin as well. Anyone know where to find it?

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed there's a whole subforum for skinning. :lol:

3) Game appears a tad easy at first glance.

4) Would like the graphical attribute info(i.e. the circle with the attributes drawn as a vector) to be able to appear by default on the player profile screen. I found this very useful to tell at a glance what kind of player I was dealing with, but its a pain to have to make an extra click to see it.

5) a DLC.

6) no online. try to play FIFA 12 (online mode) to understand what i mean.

7) IA weaker year by year (as usual ...), some difficulties only at first season where everything is "scripted" ...

8) ...

9) ...

10) ... :lol:

This is my third post here but i'm one of the many that knows this game since AMIGA 500 ...

How do I know if the patch has updated?? I looked at starting a new game and it still said default database, in previous games it game me the option of selecting different databases based on the different patches.

There's still only one DB atm none have been added, check the status page it should say version 12.0.3

Ok cheers, will take a look now. Why hasn't the patch included some changes, e.g. Frank Clarke being chairman at Forest, Forest without a manager etc.

Because its only a hotfix patch that fixed a few things without actually changing the database. Those kind of things will of course be updated the next time a full patch is released, but as far as I'm aware theres no date for that or indeed plans to release it soon.

Archived