Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but, If I get multiple loan offers am I now allowed to reject the ones with loan fees attached or do I have to accept/ reject all or do each manually?

The Transfer Centre should allow you to reject a certain subset of (loan) offers using multi-selection.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've run into a problem with the Opposition Instructions as well, I've set up instructions on several players, based on their position rather than the individual and every time I try to set an instruction on the right winger it resets.

Can you please raise this in the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface)?

Please post this issue on the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface) so we can look into this more.

Have done, in "other issues". I did access the "ass man Loans" button in the same save game yesterday with the same staffing. Is there another way to access this other than the manager/profile/ass man button route.

Do you have problems you're experiencing in windowed mode when you're on full screen? Remember, if you're on windowed mode on 1366 * 768, you actually are below the minimum resolution supported as the window's titlebar and the operating system's taskbar (assuming you're on Windows) eats into the 768 vertical pixels required.

As for the scrolling issue within individual boxes, can you please raise this in the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface)?

I have this problem too. Fine on full screen although the writing is so small i cant read it. My system is set to 1920 * 1080

On windowed - on team instructions some options are 'cut off' under the specific instructions box and I have to switch to full screen to set these and then go back to windowed once done - very annoying, just needs a scroll option.

Have done, in "other issues". I did access the "ass man Loans" button in the same save game yesterday with the same staffing. Is there another way to access this other than the manager/profile/ass man button route.

I don't think there is, no. You would have access to it on any panel inside your Human Manager screen i.e. not only on the Home panel, but any other panel when you're on your own screen.

In preferences, where you can select the location of a user data folder - is this an alternative to using 'Sports Interactive / Football Mananger / Graphics' for a place to dump logos, faces etc?

I forget.

To answer my own question, probably not. So to move on - in the full release, if the game is purchased via Steam do I get to choose where I can save the game? I dislike the fact that the Sports Interactive folder is dumped into the c:drive. When face packs and the like are added, C drive shrinks and would prefer to use another drive with masses of space.

Anyone confirm?

Certain Inbox messages are considered tweet-worthy, such as the message you receive when you win a league/cup. The feature is by no means designed to spam your followers, but intended to periodically share your progress with them.

Cheers. that sounds ok.

I bought Tevez for Arsenal, then come september for premier league registration I hit auto select and he was omitted......so now he is unhappy and wants to leave. Auto select should not have omitted such a player! now i cant play him until the new year. blah

Also, how can i get the game to go directly to the squad screen when i click on a club link rather than the club profile page ?

I bought Tevez for Arsenal, then come september for premier league registration I hit auto select and he was omitted......so now he is unhappy and wants to leave. Auto select should not have omitted such a player! now i cant play him until the new year. blah

Also, how can i get the game to go directly to the squad screen when i click on a club link rather than the club profile page ?

might be worth reporting that as a bug in the bugs forum.

Preferences - default team section. Can change the player one there too if you like. Tevez not being selected - probably got some kind of hardcoded auto select for each team for first season or summat. Bear in mind I'm giving that as a reason not an excuse. It is poor that Tevez isn't auto selected.

@ rnickster

What resolution is your monitor set to? If you go to full screen mode, or hide the task bar at the bottom, do these details then show up?

I have the same issue, when you go into attributes section none of that information shows up, but it shows up in the profile section. I play on a pretty big monitor so it's not the layout, seems to just not show up for attribute.

I have the same issue, when you go into attributes section none of that information shows up, but it shows up in the profile section. I play on a pretty big monitor so it's not the layout, seems to just not show up for attribute.

The "profile" tab everything shows up. But doesn't on the attribute section. It's no game breaker but just thought I'd point it out

I think it's a little bit more demanding on graphics and that's just enough to tip some peoples rigs over the edge (which they were pretty close to before)

I guess so. I don't think mine last years was 'close to the edge' it ran quite well. I personally took off the crowd because the ME was smoother that way for me so maybe this year I'll have to take off the weather effects or something. I'd be amazed if 3D doesn't work. I could just try the demo but I love waiting for the full game really.

What resolution is your monitor set to? If you go to full screen mode, or hide the task bar at the bottom, do these details then show up?

Mine its the same. Loads of info on various screens clipped on windowed mode. 1920 x 1080 resolution. Fine on full screen. Windowed mode clearly broken.

Mine its the same. Loads of info on various screens clipped on windowed mode. 1920 x 1080 resolution. Fine on full screen. Windowed mode clearly broken.
I wouldn't say it's broken, but there's definitely an issue with it, when i played in windowed mode it was all jerky in 3D on low settings/backgrounds/stadiums off, i've just swithced to full screen and put everything to high, and low and behold, it's smooth as out.

For me it is a little too crammed with info. One of the things I love about the game is the depth of detail and stats, but I always felt like it was arranged in a way that meant you didn't get overloaded on a single page. At the moment with the skins in the game I think there is too much data on a single page.

I'm loving the transfer filtering that works live without having to re-search, although I'm a bit disappointed with the tiny budget Liverpool start with :D

• Administrators
I am receiving the following error message, Rule_Group_Manager::load()- cannot find rule group. It happens when I try and load the quick start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank,

Jason

We're aware of this issue and it's something we're looking into, thanks for taking the time to bring it up.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to raise this, but I have noticed that if I go to make subs during a game, the players condition remains at what it was the last time I looked at the screen (so for example at 60 mins it is the same as at 45), and it only updates to what it actually is at 60 mins after I've made a substitution. It's not a big thing as I can make a sub and then undo it to see what players condition is, but it's a little irritating.

I am playing on an ancient computer (this weekend) so I don't know if this is a relevant issue, but when I press the windows button to go read on here for instance FM is blacked-out when I return. Moving the mouse about clears away the blacked-out areas so I suppose it is just a graphical refresh-thing.

Nice, after spending hundreds of € from the first CM to FM 2011, I now am officially "c.ock-blocked" from playing Football Manager due to Steam and the country I live in. Mind, I'm using Steam for many other games, so no problem with that in principle.

That's a bit of a shock, but after FML-gate, I'm not actually surprised how much SI cares about customer minorities.

edit: That applies to playing the Demo too, of course.

We think we may have a rough idea on what might be causing this to occur, and are currently investigating the matter further.

It's when you have 'Show recent attribute changes' ticked.

Nice, after spending hundreds of € from the first CM to FM 2011, I now am officially "c.ock-blocked" from playing Football Manager due to Steam and the country I live in. Mind, I'm using Steam for many other games, so no problem with that in principle.

That's a bit of a shock, but after FML-gate, I'm not actually surprised how much SI cares about customer minorities.

edit: That applies to playing the Demo too, of course.

You're only blocked from buying via Steam, buy a disc copy and you can activate it from anywhere.

Loving the game so far but have an issue with scouting (might just be me but not going through near 1500 posts just to check ;)). I sent my scout out to look at england and he finished his report in 1 day with just one recommended player. I restarted his search and again he finished the next day with the same player. This went on till I got fed up and sent on UK & Ireland on roaming, and in the 3 months he's found no one. Now I am managing Chelmsford and my scout isn't exactly a world beater (3 for JPA and JCA) but this seems a bit extreme! Just checking to see if anyone else has this problem.

I think that this is a very good game.

Positives:

New font

New overview screens

3D + stadium improvements

Dyanmic searching

Tone system and team meetings

and much more

Negatives:

Press conferences are still stupidly repetitive

Tactics screen, although combining a lot of stuff together, is a complete mess graphically.

2 questions:

Why is the view squad tab the other side of the team overview tab, would make it a lot easier if it was sandwiched between the overview and staff tab.

What is the minimum resolution to allow 9 panels on the overview screens?

What is muliple instructions when i ask my ass man for his advice on oppisition player instructions?

also i don't fully understand when i go to individual player instructions and also see "position" instructions.

could you please explain those two things to me?

Can anyone tell me where I can ask Assistant Manager to find me a loan player cant seem to find it.

I just made a schoolboy error! having been advised it is under: manager/profile/Ass Man Instructions - top right....I logged that mine is missing,..... in the bugs forum!!!! only to realise that if you already have a Loan search running as there no other options under that button the button "disappears". Worth remembering.......

I have just tried for half an hour the demo. I have been playing FM series since years and , to me , FM12 seems a gorgeous release with many improvements.

I just hope a the first patch will come early.

Great job SI, great job indeed.

What is muliple instructions when i ask my ass man for his advice on oppisition player instructions?

also i don't fully understand when i go to individual player instructions and also see "position" instructions.

could you please explain those two things to me?

mutiple instructions means he has done suggestions for multiple areas, you just need to select the individual player to see what he has done

player instructions affect the player, including if he changes position. So if you have asked Rooney to be tight marked at FC, and the oppo move him to AMC he will still be tight marked.

position instructions apply to that position, whether the original player is there or has been subbed off and replaced by a new player

mutiple instructions means he has done suggestions for multiple areas, you just need to select the individual player to see what he has done

player instructions affect the player, including if he changes position. So if you have asked Rooney to be tight marked at FC, and the oppo move him to AMC he will still be tight marked.

position instructions apply to that position, whether the original player is there or has been subbed off and replaced by a new player

thank you lad

Why? I would prefer to have my proper age to be honest :p

Just to make the game a bit more realistic, as it does not happen very often that a 18 year old is managing a professional club. :)

Archived