Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More fitting (although yours was damn close imo)

Do you think the rant at the end did anything but stir the pot some more ? did it help anything or did it just keep it going ? the fight in the dressing room was that all liverpools fault nothing wrong there.

The **** fest that is the match thread full of 99% **** and point scoring maybe that's all liverpool employees too, printing KKK masks in your fanzines ? 90 minutes of your fans singing "the sun was right" at Anfield

I know our fans, club and supporters aren't perfect, guess what neither are yours, The Suarez thing isn't about racism anymore it probably never was its about the **** thrown between our two clubs and its reached a new low and neither of us come out looking good.

Feel free to misquote me for a cheap dig tho, keep it classy :)

Look two posts up. Its your style of posting to take a line out of some ones post twist it and take it out of context, you're not subtle about it. see you just did it again ignore anything you don't want to address and select a line to make a not very witty remark.. like I said stay classy :)

Match threads really bring out the best of both fans. :D

Fair play to Luis for not shaking Evras hand as he clearly believes he done nothing wrong but in a way, I believe he should have put the club 1st and took one for the team after all the support they have given him and continued to give to him today. Would have been nice to wake up tomorrow with this all put to bed so we could focus towards what really matters. Some of the stuff Kenny has came out with recently is embarrassing, as a whole. Fair play to Fergie for coming out and condemning Evra for his celebrations.

Really don't know where the club goes from here. Can't see our owners standing for it much longer before they feel the need to get involved. Our club is really in a difficult period right now and it's getting darker by the day.

On today's match ; Didn't really do anything of note. Our lack of movement and ability to create anything shone through. So rigid when going forward. Felt that tackle on Luis from Rio could have went either way tbh, would have changed the game completely. Anyone else surprised that Andy didn't start? Downing is woeful and I'm really struggling to work out why. He always seemed a threat for Villa but looks like a rabbit dazed by headlights. You can say he has no option but to go back with passes but his crossing is ****ing woeful. The free kick in the 2nd half is a prime example.

I do agree that Suarez is making a mockery of the club. Whether he was found guilty or not is immaterial too. He should stop behaving like a spoilt ****ing brat and starting doing his talking with ball instead.

He should have been on his best behaviour the last two games, but he has managed to become even more a figure of hate by trying to kick Scott Parker in half and the whole handshake business, followed by the volleying of the ball into the bench at the end of the half.

I for one can't be arsed with it anymore. It's dragging the club and the supporters down with him and it is certainly NOT the Liverpool Way (as KD likes to harp on about sometimes). For me he doesn't bring enough quality to the team to allow to forgive the stupid stuff he keeps doing. Cantona he is not (I have heard the comparison made).

I am sure Fenway Sports will be less then pleased with the negativity he has attracted to our club in recent times. Perhaps he is better moved on and we can buy someone with a bit of sense their head.

When bell is the voice of reason, you know things are going to hell in a handcart.

Think people are taking that a bit far - I watched Fergie's interview and his words were "maybe he shouldn't have done that", but with no emphasis as he then said 'but it's understandable'. He didn't "condemn" it at all.

Rio could have gone, would have taken a stunning bit of observation for the ref to see that Rio takes the ball with his right leg and then trips Suarez with his left though. Two separate movements. FWIW I thought Dowd had a brilliant game - if it were possible to award a motm to the ref that would have been the day.

Re Downing - in the headlights sums it up perfectly. He just seems mentally unable to cope at this level, just as with England where he's also poor.

Downing is woeful and I'm really struggling to work out why. He always seemed a threat for Villa but looks like a rabbit dazed by headlights. You can say he has no option but to go back with passes but his crossing is ****ing woeful. The free kick in the 2nd half is a prime example.

Don't think he has confidence or the mentality. Think A.Young said that before they just left Villa or just after. No excuse for them crosses though.

You will literally believe anything a Liverpool supporter tells you, won't you? :D

I prefer to simply look at the evidence and making up my own mind rather than giving a **** about who supports what team and using that as the basis whether the evidence is applicable or not. You should give it a try one day.

I prefer to simply look at the evidence and making up my own mind rather than giving a **** about who supports what team and using that as the basis whether the evidence is applicable or not. You should give it a try one day.

The F.A are always right. ALWAYS.

From my pov, and I think it explains Suarez' twitter message after the match:

1) Evra is hesitant about shaking Suarez' hand because he doesn't know if Suarez is going to reciprocate. As a result, whether consciously or unconsciously, he pulls away slightly as Suarez approaches.

2) Suarez is hesitant about shaking hands, because he doesn't know if Evra is going to do so, and so doesn't want to be embarrassed.

3) Suarez sees Evra withdraw slightly as he extends his arm, so thinks Evra isn't going to shake hands. In an effort to not be embarrassed or create a scene, he simply moves on down the line, a scenario they/he had probably considered in the event Evra wasn't going to shake.

4) Evra's offended by Suarez going past him as his withdrawal was probably an involuntary thing, and he had intended to shake hands, so he grabs Suarez in an attempt to force reconciliation - not a wise move, but an understandable one as he feels he's just been snubbed.

5) Suarez, having moved on, feels Evra grab him after not looking at him, and seemingly not wanting to shake his hand. Not wanting further confrontation, he detaches himself and moves down the line, but is surprised momentarily when Ferdinand doesn't shake his hand - a scenario he hadn't expected.

Basically - misunderstanding, storm in teacup. Nothing during the game to warrant further interest.

Take the rose tinted glasses off div. Suarez simply didn't want to shake Evra's hand, end of. It was obvious one of them was going to refuse and it was always going to be a shambles thereafter. They shouldn't have been made to shake before the game, would have saved a lot of ********. I have no problem with Suarez not wanting to shake Evra's hand btw. Both sides were a disgrace today, both before the game, during the match, at HT and FT, and then with both manager's interviews. Kenny's was completely cringeworthy.

Anyway, as for the game itself we were terrible. Didn't deserve a thing from it. Johnson was the only outfield player who came out of the game with much credit for us, but even then he lost Rooney for the first goal. Enrique started awfully and had a torrid time against Valencia all match, but improved a little as the game wore on. The entire midfield were woeful, never seen us look so disjointed. Downing is a total waste of space. Spearing was found badly wanting. Henderson took about 3 steps backwards today, someone look at the Guardian chalkboards and see if he played a single forward pass? Seemed dreadful. Gerrard wasn't much better tbf, looked like he was playing at about 50%. Kuyt was Kuyt, but with so much sh*t around him he was never going to look good. Suarez left totally isolated until Bellamy and Carroll came on and even then none of them did much. Happy to see Luis score at least.

I'm just thankful we don't have to play them again this season. At least everything can die down now and all the tension and vitriol between the players settle down.

though that seems plausible, suarez wasnt at all hesitant when approaching or going past evra, unlike how he was with rio, you could see he was visible taken aback when rio refused to shake his hand, suarez had no intention of shaking evras hand, evra may have been hesitant too tbf, but in the end, evra had his hand out, suarez ignored it

As I said, two reasons that may be the case - Suarez having gone through the likely scenario that Evra wouldn't want to shake means he'd be far more prepared for that scenario than another player not wanting to, and Evra's hand being withdrawn (as clearly happens in the video - that doesn't mean it was intentional though. The brain makes the body do weird **** sometimes to avoid confrontation).

I'd love nothing more for the media to focus on football for once, but as you can see with the Mail's back page, they don't give a **** for anything but sensationalising.

As I said, two reasons that may be the case - Suarez having gone through the likely scenario that Evra wouldn't want to shake means he'd be far more prepared for that scenario than another player not wanting to, and Evra's hand being withdrawn (as clearly happens in the video - that doesn't mean it was intentional though. The brain makes the body do weird **** sometimes to avoid confrontation).

I'd love nothing more for the media to focus on football for once, but as you can see with the Mail's back page, they don't give a **** for anything but sensationalising.

hodgsonigks9.gif

From my pov, and I think it explains Suarez' twitter message after the match:

1) Evra is hesitant about shaking Suarez' hand because he doesn't know if Suarez is going to reciprocate. As a result, whether consciously or unconsciously, he pulls away slightly as Suarez approaches.

2) Suarez is hesitant about shaking hands, because he doesn't know if Evra is going to do so, and so doesn't want to be embarrassed.

3) Suarez sees Evra withdraw slightly as he extends his arm, so thinks Evra isn't going to shake hands. In an effort to not be embarrassed or create a scene, he simply moves on down the line, a scenario they/he had probably considered in the event Evra wasn't going to shake.

4) Evra's offended by Suarez going past him as his withdrawal was probably an involuntary thing, and he had intended to shake hands, so he grabs Suarez in an attempt to force reconciliation - not a wise move, but an understandable one as he feels he's just been snubbed.

5) Suarez, having moved on, feels Evra grab him after not looking at him, and seemingly not wanting to shake his hand. Not wanting further confrontation, he detaches himself and moves down the line, but is surprised momentarily when Ferdinand doesn't shake his hand - a scenario he hadn't expected.

Basically - misunderstanding, storm in teacup. Nothing during the game to warrant further interest.

You need a medal for these post.

Please god tell me you don't believe that crap?

Suarez had no intention of shaking his hand ffs. Look how Suarez reacts when Rio pulls his hand away, if Evra was supposed to have done the same why didn't Luis react the same way with Evra as he did with Rio?

He didn't want to shake Evra's hand - FACT.

Please god tell me you don't believe that crap?

Suarez had no intention of shaking his hand ffs. Look how Suarez reacts when Rio pulls his hand away, if Evra was supposed to have done the same why didn't Luis react the same way with Evra as he did with Rio?

He didn't want to shake Evra's hand - FACT.

Fact? Holy **** Jep, only one person REALLY knows. I've explained above a more plausible explanation as to why. The most annoying thing about this entire saga - which STILL only two people really know the truth of - is people presenting "FACT" when they really don't know if it's anything of the sort - it's just their opinion.

Interesting viewpoint from John Barnes on yesterday. Seemed to me like he was agreeing with some of what Kenny had to say yesterday.

Barnes has had a lot to say about it and a big chunk of it has been common-sense. Unfortunately it's not been able to be heard properly due to all the noise though.

It was agreed before match between the two parties that their would be a handshake between the two.

If it isn't obvious from Evra and Surarez clip then it should obvious from Kenny's interview. He had to play dumb throughout the interview becuase he too knew about the agreed handshake.

I don't think Kenny did too much wrong yesterday. As you say, he was definitely of the understanding that there'd be a handshake, and when he was asked about the incident after the game I think he wanted to avoid discussing the incident so gave his "I didn't see it" line, though I wish he'd just said "I don't want to talk about it until I've had the chance to watch the incident again and speak to the player."

Edit: I'll add as well that he could be seen on the touchline on a number of occasions asking his players to calm down. His heart's in the right place, he's just made a few bad choices about how to protect his team and his players.

Of course, some idiots will still be saying he advocates racism. :rolleyes:

I just don't think Managers should necessarily be spokesmen for clubs and particularly in something like this. He should have the nouse to side step these things but apparently doesn't. Yet again though, after t-shirts and all that, some poor PR and Dalglish taking flack and no statement of any kind and all that.

i'd not be disappointed at all if kenny stepped down now tbh. he's bringing so much unneeded **** onto the club it's painful to support them atm. that interview afterwards where he's blaming ssn was soooooooo ****ing bad, especially coming of the back of him stirring it all up again before the game with this comments about suarez doing nothing wrong. i'd hope someone at fenway can see how awful the club looks and would step in now and act one way or the other but i won't hold my breath. shambles.

oh yea, we played **** too.

No, I think people are human and occasionally extraordinary events can place pressure upon them to the extent large mistakes can happen. That doesn't excuse the situation, but it does help try and identify the cause of it.

FWIW I don't blame Kenny for the interview yesterday. He doesn't want to have this be the talking point, and he made that clear. It's the media who drive it as the issue, because it suits them to do so.

Yeah, I agree with John Barnes completely. Two people who don't like each other didn't shake hands, so the **** what? Football clubs aren't the guardians of morality in the world, they're football clubs. Get on with the football already and knock this stupid **** off.

I think FSG will switch things up at the end of the season and Kenny may well step aside, he's always said he'll do whatever's best for Liverpool in any case.

We're now 5 points worse off than Benitez last season; which was awful in itself.

Dalglish should step down though(end of season). I think Benitez will come back, but I don't want it. I want a neutral manager to come in and make his own stamp on the club. There's too much stuff flying around with Benitez from his time here.

I think Kenny needs to pull his finger out. It is clear to see what we are doing on the pitch is not really that great. It is good sometimes but only sometimes.

I would like to see some younger more hungry players getting a game, instead of the likes of Downing who doesn't really look that interested.

Just lucky that Chelsea and Arsenal have been poor at times and hope Newcastle just fail.

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

- Luis Suarez

Archived