Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish one of our players punched Evra at the end. Ok fair enough Suarez should had shaken his hand and moved on but Evra at the end deary me. I would had been disappointed if Suarez did that if we won, no need to do that at all.

Suarez is making a mockery of the club. He needs to sort himself out otherwise we'd be best selling him.

No just because of one game and one player?. He isnt a Joey Barton and look at the number of things he has got himself into down the years.

Who is really that bothered that Suarez did not shake his hand.

I'd have shaken his hand, if I was ever unfortunate enough to find myself in the position Suarez has been in lately. I'd want to move on from the whole thing and consign it to the history books, hopefully to be forgotten by everyone. It was unwise and completely unnecessary to inflame the situation again, all it does is pick at the open wound that has been festering ever since this whole **** blew up. At every stage we've managed to handle events terribly, yet again we look like enormous ***** when the whole thing could've been different.

That said it wasn't Evra's place to grab Suarez and demand they shook hands, and with his post match jig he provided a timely reminder for everyone that both parties in this are actually massive heaving cuunts.

FWIW (and I'm hypothesising here), if I felt someone accused me of being a racist, and it was patently untrue, and I ended up with an 8-match ban, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't shake their hand either.

It entirely depends on whose viewpoint you view it from. Anyone who thinks Suarez was guilty will condemn that.

Never had control of the match. Not at any stage. Not good enough.

Far more experienced players didn't have any sort of control of the match either.

I think the next league game has now pretty much become a need to win for us, Arsenal at home after whatever this weekends results turn out to be and pretty much everyone else playing a league fixture when we have the final means we really need to pull back points on Chelsea, Arse and newcastle as much as possible.

What this game basically confirms is this:-

1. We have no idea how to pass and move effectively. For all the apologists for Dalglish who claim that he has made the team more attacking and adventurous etc etc - with all due respect, you are talking rubbish. Our team is as static as they have eever been. Suarez got so little support today that he had no chance of really getting into his stride. Worse, this game shows a true pass and move team against us. United looked so much better than us today that if they had more of a cutting edge they would have thrashed us. At times they were cutting through at will with their interpassing. Our idea of "pass and move" is to lob the ball at a distant liverpool player who then lays it back to a midfielder. Who then lays it off to a defender who then passes it forward to a midfileder etc etc. All the while the ball moves AROUND the United team on the fringes but never really gets BETWEEN them because our playrs are not playing triangles in and around them. In the end, everything breaks down in the form of a hopeful punt at Suarez and the United centrebacks mop up easily.

2. Downing was a total waste of space for this match. He was bereft of all pace and invention and desire. Valencia and Wellbeck showed what he should have been - they were pacey and dangerous every time they had the ball. On th other hand, Downing seemed to spend the game moving away from the ball and getting rid of it as soon as possible. He was desperately slow and was of no threat whatsoever to the fullback. Worse, he left Enrique exposed and did not even support him defensive;y. Downing showed no fight and no quality whatsoever. Why is he still doing playing for Liverpool FC?! If Keane was deemed a mistake for his performances, why is Downing not ejected post haste perhaps back to Villa?! He makes Keane look brilliant!

3. On the other hand, Spearing never hid and kept fighting. But the United players usually found it easy to pass around him and get out of his way. He was mostly side tracked. And his lack of composure directly led to United scoring the winning 2nd goal and his passing was erratic at times. All credit to him for his heart but he is clearly not good enough to be Lucas' understudy.

3. Henderson saw a lot of the ball but did very little of constructive use with it. He lacks an extra yard of pace. His rawness and inexperience still shines through.

4. Enrique was shredded today and perhaps now we understand why Spain is not knocking down his door to be the national team's leftback. He really struggles when faced with a tricky winger who is faster than him. His reliance on physical power is his weakness because when he meets another player faster or stronger than him, he is undone. He could have easily cost us one or two penalties today.

5. Bellamy should have played from the start instead of Kuyt and Kuyt shifted to the centreforward position whereas Suarez is moved to the second striker position.

6. Glen Johnson is our sole source of width and pace down the flanks other than Bellamy.

7. In difficult games like this, playing Downing instead of Rodriguez is incomprehensible.

8. Dalglish and Clarke continue to raise concerns with their tactical set up and their choice of starters and timing of substitutions.

FWIW (and I'm hypothesising here), if I felt someone accused me of being a racist, and it was patently untrue, and I ended up with an 8-match ban, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't shake their hand either.

It entirely depends on whose viewpoint you view it from. Anyone who thinks Suarez was guilty will condemn that.

He was found guilty.

By not shaking Evra's hand he reopened another can of worms. Was the perfect time to dead the situation.

Now we'll have another "will he or won't he" situation when the two teams meet next time.

He was found guilty.

By not shaking Evra's hand he reopened another can of worms. Was the perfect time to dead the situation.

Now we'll have another "will he or won't he" situation when the two teams meet next time.

Only the media and other idiots will dwell on it. He never shook hands. Move on. Talking about it as though he's just gone and molested some children.

Yeah but why add fuel to the fire? Just dead the situation and move on. It doesn't boast well for Suarez even if he was innocent or Liverpool FC.
The situation is dead and dealt with. Suarez and Evra no longer shake hands due to a disagreement. And the world moves on.

But, that won't happen. Sky will get balls deep in it next time we play each other and overhype a ****ing handshake once again.

The situation is dead and dealt with. Suarez and Evra no longer shake hands due to a disagreement. And the world moves on.

But, that won't happen. Sky will get balls deep in it next time we play each other and overhype a ****ing handshake once again.

And people wonder why Kenny is so nice to reporters.

No mention of Rio not wanting to shake Luis hand?

TBF to Rio, (and I'd rather not,) I think his discision not to shake hands might have been a spur of the moment thing when he saw that Suarez blanked Evra?

He's also in an awkward situation with regards to his brother's case IIRC he's been very supportive of Anton so shaking hands with someone found guilty of a similar offence could result in unwelcome comment. It's not been a great situation for anyone.

TBF to Rio, (and I'd rather not,) I think his discision not to shake hands might have been a spur of the moment thing when he saw that Suarez blanked Evra?

He's also in an awkward situation with regards to his brother's case IIRC he's been very supportive of Anton so shaking hands with someone found guilty of a similar offence could result in unwelcome comment. It's not been a great situation for anyone.

Ohh thats alright then. Let him off if thats the case.

No mention of Rio not wanting to shake Luis hand?

Why should anyone mention it? Two completely different situations. Rio didn't shake his hand because of what happened a second earlier.

And only complete morons can defend Suarez there. What did Evra wrong in that trial?

Isn't Suare main defense that he just didn't mean being racist? Of course Evra should've reported the original incident and then it's the job of the FA to determine if it was really racist or not. It's not like Evra just lied and Suarez not saying a word negro, he admitted it himslef.

Kenny needs to step down before too long, but after stepping down in the 90s I don't think he'll do it again.

Not a Liverpool fan but I agree. I don't think he's helping your club reach it's true potential. My best mate is a Liverpool fan so I've seen quite a lot of your games, and your play just looks uninspired & uninventive when going forward. Plus, I don't think he has the best transfer policy.

He's 'steadied' the ship as such, after Rafa, but somebody else needs to take over now, IMO.

The thing with the Downing and Dirk hate is they were both very good last year, they both had a high number of assists and chipped in with a few goals, so on paper at the start of the season they looked like good options. And Maxi and Bellamy as backups who are also competent at those positions along with a big man in the middle who can hammer home crosses.

It's just working out terribly.

Suarez should realise the club is bigger than him and took one for the team today. No-one says he has to like Evra, but just shake the guy's hand, put an end to this crap and move on. Watching Kenny in meltdown after was tough to take as well - worrying times for us right now. A carling cup final just papers over the massive cracks appearing in our season right now.

Its a difficult time to support our club. Everything surrounding the incident has been handled so poorly. The statements were awful and virtually all of Dalglish's press conferences have done nothing to qwell the ill feeling which Manchester United and other clubs have towards us. Never mind off the pitch, on it we have been little better, despite the final appearance coming up. Hopefully we can win it, get our place in the Europa League secured and have a proper, shackles off run at fourth (if we're capable of playing with the shackles off). What I'd love to know at the moment though is what Henry and Werner are thinking.

Suarez should realise the club is bigger than him and took one for the team today

The club also needs to realise the club is bigger than the player too, there is still action that can be taken if they want to save a lot of public face. Like teaching Kenny how to conduct an adult interview, and fining Suarez for ungentlemanly conduct.

The club also needs to realise the club is bigger than the player too, there is still action that can be taken if they want to save a lot of public face. Like teaching Kenny how to conduct an adult interview, and fining Suarez for ungentlemanly conduct.

Suck off the media like United?

I do agree that Suarez is making a mockery of the club. Whether he was found guilty or not is immaterial too. He should stop behaving like a spoilt ****ing brat and starting doing his talking with ball instead.

He should have been on his best behaviour the last two games, but he has managed to become even more a figure of hate by trying to kick Scott Parker in half and the whole handshake business, followed by the volleying of the ball into the bench at the end of the half.

I for one can't be arsed with it anymore. It's dragging the club and the supporters down with him and it is certainly NOT the Liverpool Way (as KD likes to harp on about sometimes). For me he doesn't bring enough quality to the team to allow to forgive the stupid stuff he keeps doing. Cantona he is not (I have heard the comparison made).

I am sure Fenway Sports will be less then pleased with the negativity he has attracted to our club in recent times. Perhaps he is better moved on and we can buy someone with a bit of sense their head.

Suarez should realise the club is bigger than him and took one for the team today. No-one says he has to like Evra, but just shake the guy's hand, put an end to this crap and move on.

I think everyone can agree with that. Suarez didn't need to fuss around and make the game all about himself. He was being a real assface through the match as well don't forget, kicking everyone, diving around, trying to kick the ball at Evra on a throw in. All Evra does is gloat in front of him after the match, celebrating in front of the United fans, not even going close to the Liverpool audience. You can say that is disrespectful if the game was at Anfield, but this is Old Trafford, and all the fans were happy for the team and for the performance.

Siege mentality, Didn't fergie do pretty much the same thing. There's a reason he was so hated until he'd bought off/banned every Journo going .... only thing we are missing is half a dozen decent players that's the real problem

Seriously it got to the point that its now akin to silly school yard bully boy tactics, we are the kid its "ok" to pick on and if we complain its "oh cry cry" which is fine to me its quite amusing the whole "racism is bad mmmmkay ............... now watch while I make light of it with half a dozen jokes"

Kenny just needs to shut up really, Refuse to do interviews and ban every member of the media that asks a non football question from Anfield/ press conferences, its not winning and its not very adult but no one wants to be and lets face it it can't make it any worse. in fact if we'd done that before christmas it probably would have been better.

This. Totally accept why he wouldn't shake hands. No way I would have either.

This. Totally accept why he wouldn't shake hands. No way I would have either.

Look neither of them made any effort to shake hands, Evra didn't even look in his direction until he had passed and then made a big deal out of it and then played to the camera David Brent style. strange we only saw that angle once at half time.

Footballers are *****, Suarez is a ****, but guess what so's Evra its pantomime now and one up manship at its worse there's mind games and there's gutter games and both clubs have been dragged down there, there was no need for Fergies rant at the end or his dig before hand but he gets away with them, There was no need for him to go to the referee and tell him Suarez had used the word "******" at the time when he knew full well he hadn't.

Bottom line as much as you can blame us of handling it badly Utd have continually stirred the pot just as much with a free pass. Again it might have been about racism for about 5 minutes anything after that just seems so much more sinister and its boring.

Archived