Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can see dirk playing for his defensive abilities and i can go either way on whether carroll starts. i first thought it should be suarez upfront on his own but i can see the reasoning to start carroll and a front 3 of bellers, suarez, kuyt/downing supporting carroll has loads of potential if andy keeps on improving.

the problem with our team is to accomodate 1 player we have to sacrifice somewhere else and it leaves us disjointed. probably our best formation would be 3 CMs behind a front 3 so it means leaving one of carroll/suarez out.

Think people are massively overlooking momentum in football here. Dropping Carroll now after an encouraging display (and telling contribution for the winner) against Man United and then a goal and pretty damn good display at Wolves would be ridiculous. Players get in their stride and Carroll MAY be doing that right now. I'd be extremely disappointed if he didn't start. Another good display tonight, maybe even a goal and all of a sudden he starts swaggering around like that horrible donkey dick barging defenders all over the place in black and white last season.

I fancy him for first goal if he plays.

pretty much looking forward to this game more than any other this season i think. should be a cracker with both teams going for it.

still think we'll lose.

play carroll with suarez behind i say. gerrard and spearing in the middle, kuyt and bellers out wide to hustle and continue their good form.

Sadly, Henderson's not a wide man, Downing doesn't have an assist all season, and Suarez has never passed in his life. :D

Yes he does :cool:

edit - No he doesn't, he scored not assisted :mad:

only positive to take away is that I thought our play in and around the box did improve with both Carroll and Suarez on the pitch, Suarez looked as lively as ever, it forced our play forwards, and left Carroll left isolated and with less opposition players surrounding him.

Calling it disgusting is way OTT. :D

On the one hand it's harsh to be critical because they clearly tried their hearts out tonight, but the lack of quality in attack really is criminal. Just a catalogue of poor crosses, lack of urgency, poor decisions, and Spearing passing to invisible men. Incredibly frustrating.

Well that was a big let down. Played the wrong formation I think. It's been proven in the past that 4-3-3 leaves Carroll too isolated because he's never got anyone close enough to him to feed off his knock downs. This is mitigated by an extent by us needing to play more than 2 centralish midfielders. If we're gonna do it it's gotta be with Suarez or Bellamy playing an inside left or right position and sacrificing some width.

Positives: I thought Adam was good, looked very sharp by his standards. Carroll's work rate was good again and did his very best when alone with the ball.

Negatives: Disappointed with Spearing, did ok with closing down and winning the ball but some of his passing was terrible. Downing was ****ing useless, i'd have played better than that.

Can't really argue with the result given how much possession we had versus how many clear cut chances we created. Spurs came for the draw and got it.

Carroll MotM for me, followed by Bellamy. Special mention for Skrtel and Agger who looked impregnable again.

I was clearly watching a different game, I thought we did brilliantly to not only stop Spurs from having any chances (apart from the Bale one), but dominated the midfield, created lots of chances both through the middle and from crosses and set pieces against a side who were very well organised defensively.

We had two chances to win the game, one for each of our strikers. That's the only problem (albeit a rather big one). But criticising the whole team is way OTT.

I would have taken a point beforehand.

Archived