Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

Skysports player rating giving Spearing a 4/10 "Hardly notcied he was on the pitch"

:applause:

that's crazy. he's no lucas, but i have to say i still think him being a 2nd choice DM is not a bad decision. he'll have to work on his "enthusiasm" though.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potential has always been there but it doesn't necessary provide the required results and with Lucas out for the remainder of the season and the likes of Bellamy and Gerrard not as fit as they used to be, it leaves us light in the squad.

Would have liked to see us taken a punt at Krasic or Kranjčar. Hopefully we can see the likes of Coady, Suso and Sterling push through into the main squad at some stage as its about time we start to see some developments in the youth program which Rafa en co worked so hard on.

Will never happen after they hit us for 4 the last time

Would work really well if we had Lucas fit to sit in beside Spearing. Adam not up to the job to do that holding role and I can't see Kenny committing so many men forward.

vdv injured?

VDV and Adebayour suppose to be out of the monday night game injured.

yes exactly, there is the potential, but not the current performances needed. we've had the potential all season and aren't in the top 4 for a reason. someone with a bit of creativity or the ability to find the net could work wonders for us.

suarez??

still think bellers just off carroll with suarez, kuyt/ bellamy on the wings will work wonders.

I think us struggling to beat teams that sit back is more to do with our slow tempo and leaving striker isolated on his own rather than lack of ability in the side. Rather just wait until the summer because sides won't sell their top players while in Europe or challenging for titles and don't want to see us pay well over the odds again just to get someone who is no better than we have already.

I think us struggling to beat teams that sit back is more to do with our slow tempo and leaving striker isolated on his own rather than lack of ability in the side.

i agree with the sentiment. but surely the type of player you sign will also impact on the tempo.

Exactly, replace Carroll with a striker who likes it into feet, and Adam with a CM who prefers a short passing game, and you play a very different style. Though from what I've seen I think Kenny is for some reason happy with the style we play, so who knows.

top win last night. enrique was immense. frustrating first half, really need to get more players forward quicker and supporting around the box, ridiculous the amount of times henderson, adam and jay were stood around the half way line busy doing nothing. got better second half as more space opened up tbf. never seen a team give up the ball so easily as wolves did though, we were literally jogging up behind them sometimes and taking the ball off them :D, awful. service to carroll in the box was still shoddy as **** on the whole, thought he played well though, his hold up play was really good and he looked alot stronger with his back to goal than he has done previously, his lay offs and general link up play were alot better too.

for spurs i'd like to see:

carroll
bellamy     suarez        kuyt
    gerrard   spearing

I can see Carroll dropping to the bench on Monday to make way for Suarez, can't see them both starting. Bellers has played himself into being an automatic choice when fit enough, so should start as it's a big game.

Most of the cup final tickets are priced £70 and £90, didn't think carling cup prices would be that high.

Liverpool have received an allocation of 31,745 tickets for this ALL ticket fixture.

approximately 14 per cent of the adult tickets are priced at £90, 36 per cent are priced at £72, 33 per cent are priced at £56 and 16 per cent are priced at £40.

Do the club get any money from ticket sales for the cup final?

Also do not get that ticket pricing, i have been Wembley twice and it doesn't really matter where you sit as you get pretty much a very good view where ever you are in the stadium :S

Very good win last night. Had a feeling we would draw but good to see all the lads up for it. Made ground on chelsea as well which is a big positive.

I would like to see this as our starting line up from now on:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Gerrard Spearing

Suarez/Kuyt Henderson Suarez/Bellamy

Carroll

I think Dirk isn't always the right man against certain teams and Bellamy can't play every game. Have one of them playing on one wing with Suarez on the other with the freedom to cut in. Carroll seems to have his confidence back and will heopfully kick on. I like Henderson playing further forward, I like the way he is always putting pressure on the opposition and when he has the ball is good at just playin a simple pass and moving in to space.

15 games to play, 60 points available.

Spurs (H)

Man Utd (A)

Everton (H)

Arsenal (H)

Sunderland (A)

QPR (H)

Wigan (A)

Newcastle (A)

Villa (H)

Blackburn (A)

Fulham (H)

WBA (H)

Norwich (A)

Chelsea (H)

Swansea (A)

Just looking through that, there aren't many 'easy' games. We're looking confident at the moment, I think the next 3 games will be pivotal. If, somehow, we come away with maximum points from the next 3 games, with no injuries/suspensions, the momentum will carry us forward and we'll take 4th. Big, big if's and buts along the way but hopefully Suarez will be on fire, Carroll will continue to make himself useful and Gerrard will remain reasonably fit. Looking forward to the rest of the season now tbh.

Tbh I think we actually benefit in some ways from not having the easiest fixtures. The away games are some of the toughest places to go, ot we all know about, swansea haven't dropped too many points at home, sunderland seem to be rejuvanted by MoN, Didn't we already play wigan away?

Archived