Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can`t wait to play FM 11 now the dynamic league reputation will make long term games far more enjoyable, I can feel a few all nighters coming on so I better get some sleep before the release.:D

Well done Miles and all the guys at SI for finally bringing long awaited features to FM .:thup:

New features are looking good particularly the new "Match Preparation" section in training. I proposed something similar quite a while ago although I won't take credit for it ;) The real time negotiations and player conversations sound promising too, hopefully they will be more dynamic and variable than the current repetitive situation. Another repetitive feature is press conferences so hopefully they have been improved too.

I have one question which probably won't be answered but will the new Match preparation training be available for international management? Unlike attributes training I imagine this could be more easily incorporated and would make managing a country much more enjoyable for me.

If you mean you are a gaming website that wants to talk PR, then please contact your local SEGA PR rep or SEGA distributor representative.

If you are looking to sell adverts or do partnerships, then please contact your local SEGA marketing rep or SEGA distributor representative.

I'm an idiot and forgot about Sega as the publisher, thanks for your time. Can't wait to see the game!!

You can pre-order now on Zavvi for a £24.95 and they say it will be delivered on October 29th.

Looks like Zavvi gave away the release date :D

I've ordered mine already!

No they didn't. Companies guess the release date every year. I doubt SI have even settled on one.

As you used Loftus Road for the FM09 launch, did you ask them to use Vicarage Road for FM11 and they said "we are getting increasingly annoyed at your persistent requests to use Vicarage Road. We would prefer you to spend more time working on the training feature instead of inside our office"?

The improved player interaction and increased involvement of agents looks fantastic, should make things a lot more realistic and give us access to a side of football that you don't really hear so much about, I'm really looking forward to it.

Dynamic league reputation isn't a big thing to me as I rarely manage outside of big nations, but it might be fun to try make a bit of a legacy out of the Russian league.

On an unrelated note, anyone think Miles looks a bit like Angelos Epithemiou from Shooting Stars?

So, about training.

Will we see any improvements in the actual mechanics of training? For example, will we still have to suffer illogical programs, like having to train defenders in attacking in order to improve their passing?

Also, can someone explain to me what will the real time negotiations do? Is it just a speed boost, where we will know the outcome of the transfer right there and then? Because that is not very realistic.

A shame that, as with so many football games, the celebrations remain far too isolated. On how many occasions are goals followed by all 10 outfield players celebrating separately? They crowd around together, jump on the goalscorer, head over to the guy who played the pinpoint, defence-splitting pass, and so on. Even if the goalscorer initially celebrates by himself, he is quickly swallowed up by his teammates. Given how complex the match engine is, I have always wondered why that appears to be such a difficult aspect of it to recreate...

Other than that, however, it all looks rather spectacular. I already find myself anticipating any, and all, free time disappearing at some juncture 'before Christmas', and will be offering little resistance to such an eventuality!

So, about training.

Will we see any improvements in the actual mechanics of training? For example, will we still have to suffer illogical programs, like having to train defenders in attacking in order to improve their passing?

Also, can someone explain to me what will the real time negotiations do? Is it just a speed boost, where we will know the outcome of the transfer right there and then? Because that is not very realistic.

Re negotiations, SI confrimed in the video that they will go away to consider the options. As per real life.

Also, some negotiations in real life are concluded in a few hours - which would be pretty much instant in game time.

Do you really think Javier Hernandez would have had to think much about signing for Manchester United? It all happened within hours.

They'll announce when they are ready!! Oh wait this is the announcement :o::p

Seriously though I've been tired of the impatient people the last week or two :D

On the topic of FM11 looks like a great improvement. I will be getting the game at midnight this year due to me now owning a debit card to get it on steam :D

Also, it would be excellent if the 'what do you want to see me for' text changed depending on the personality of the player.

It's these things that need to happen to bring out the personality of the players more, making them feel more real.

Similar to how the leaders in Civilisation change depending on how they perceive you - it adds to the immersion.

Will it be any quicker? I have a new PC and would like to be able to go through a season in one sitting if possible, like some of the old football management games not named football manager you guys worked on.

How long do you define one sitting as?

I'm currently averaging about 18.5 hours a season, although that would be one hefty sitting :D

Thats seems great...

I wonder just 1 thing can we play 209 countries and their leagues (nearly 300) in same game this year... because last year (FM2010) there were some kind of editor limit (not about SI but technical its not allowed more than 82 editor files dbc/xml)

I know it needs a super pc for playing all leagues but at least playing FM with many leagues maybe a reason to buy that PC....

PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE make it possible to create a B & C squad as one of the Board options & when you do, have the option to register them in the league you have activated as the lowest, I'm sure thats doable on a release day patch if its not already implemented. I'm sure a lot of "bring a small club to glory" gamers like myself will appreciate this feature :)

Boo!!! on the new Manager Homepage...When this feature was introduced in FM08 (or was is '07?), we had 5 user-selectable cells, allowing us to make the Manager Homepage what we wanted. Last year, we lost two of those cells and were down to three user-selectables. FM11 has two.

No way I can get squad status, and either both financials or team financial and league table on the same screen? BOO!!!

Sounds great, but still thinking about this:

Dynamic League Reputation - a new feature meaning as teams get stronger and perform better on a continental level, the league they play in will also get stronger, attracting more players to want to play in the league and a more accurate modelling of the changing face of world football.

Does it mean, when i for example win 3 times in row champions league with polish team, my reputation grows, league reputation grows but what about sponsorship of the league? Does i earn more money for winning polish league and earn more from TV because polish league is more popular?

Anyone thought about player relationships i.e playing together you could ask the 2 players you want to work together on the training ground and build up a understanding and relationship together so in matches they work well in their positions as a team?

• SI Staff
Love the features I can see this being the best fm11 yet. With the option of being able to train specific areas i.e shooting will you be told when the player has maxed out his potential at shooting so we could then swap it to off the ball etc or do you have to keep an eye on it yourself and change it as you see fit?

You keep an eye on it yourself - I'm not sure if backroom advice goes as far as the level you want yet.

Tried to send a link to you Miles, about coverage in Norway, but that wasn't possible. Posting it here instead in case you want to include it in the PR sticky.

http://gamer.no/artikler/67087/football-manager-2011-avduket/

Thank you!

Good news, looking to hear more about other changes not yet announced. Glad to see no wholesale changes to Ter's excellent UI. :) Looks to be some tactical changes too, well from the looks of one screen, eager to read more in the coming weeks.

With the training revamp, is the aim to make it more intuitive and less guess work? From some of the screenshots it looks like training schedules have been removed, do players just get added directly now to each training category and the levels adjusted accordingly?

Training schedules have not been removed. Your coaches will be better though, so less guess work from that perspective.

Hello Miles. Congratulations to you and the rest of the team working in this project. I would like to ask about more details regarding the stadiums. Now many models are there? Have you included any real ones? Can we add our own? Is there any opening in European games?

Can we build our own?

No real ones, no. You'll have to wait for more info on this area though - sorry.

Good question :)

I want to know the answer for this myself :p so could Miles please tell?

sorry if it sounds demanding haha!

I don't know the answer, and am awaiting for someone to tell me...

No they didn't. Companies guess the release date every year. I doubt SI have even settled on one.

I haven't settled on one.

As you used Loftus Road for the FM09 launch, did you ask them to use Vicarage Road for FM11 and they said "we are getting increasingly annoyed at your persistent requests to use Vicarage Road. We would prefer you to spend more time working on the training feature instead of inside our office"?

We haven't used Vicarage Road, no. Ironically, I did attend a training session there though...

• SI Staff
we REALLY need some infomation on prize money going up with rep. Dynamic rep will be completley pointless if money doesnt go up aswell

OK - have just had some, although it's less than conclusive! In some leagues, it will go up (or down). In others, legal reasons mean it has to be fixed, so those won't move. Bloody lawyers.... Can't even say which leagues it applies to either for the same lawyery reason.

I love the new features.

Dynamic league and training was much needed.

The real time negotiation with agents... Cannot wait to see it more in detail.

It seems a lot more realistic compared to current system but I also hope it will not become a repetitive feature where you know the outcome from if you follow a certain pattern.

KUTGW!

So nothing more than the leaked news from 3 weeks ago which was stated some was true and some was false, cant see the false bit.

Anyway let's hope the match engine is not like the one in football manager live, the fans will be leaving the stadium early.

Looks good with whats coming and can only be a improvement, well done SI.

So nothing more than the leaked news from 3 weeks ago which was stated some was true and some was false, cant see the false bit.

I imagine the release date was false, and there's no news on the 'complex module for searching new players'.

There was no mention about new contract negotiations, dynamic league reputation or the new media module in the leaked information, that's all new.

OK - have just had some, although it's less than conclusive! In some leagues, it will go up (or down). In others, legal reasons mean it has to be fixed, so those won't move. Bloody lawyers.... Can't even say which leagues it applies to either for the same lawyery reason.

Does one of the nations that has dynamic revenue start with Scot and end in land? Its okay Miles two winks for a yes ;) ;)

Archived