Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Few things:

buy a player but loan back to club till end of current season as clause.

Ability to pay off debt early/in chunks

Able to organize fan days

More choice w/club improvements - i,e, choose do you want to expand ground, well by how much etc...upgrade training ground or build new one, if stadium can't be expanded have the board explore option of new one more frequently etc

more agent involvement.

Youth team/players development easier and can see benefits etc

love fm just tweaks to improve

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. make an exception for board limits regarding staff when it is a current player that becomes a non player.

I hate it when a player I have had for years retires a becomes a coach etc, but I can't give him a job because of board restrictions. This is not realistic in my opinion because many times ex payers and retiring players are having jobs created for them at their clubs

2. Allow the ability to see how international / loan managers play your players. For example i have a striker that can't score for love nor money yet every time he plays international football he scores at least twice - i would like to know if his int. manager plays him as a deep lying / advanced / poacher etc ....

Again this is realistic as in real life you could either just ask the player or speak to te manager - which i'm sure happens all the time.

Really hope SI reads this threads and uses some ideas ..

The one that I have had for quite a while is something that amazes me to have not been implied ...

The choice of being able to pick free-kick takers with a sort of zoning ...

Sort of like the old from CM With/With out ball you could pick free kick takers on certain areas on the field, I don't want my Cardozo who is great at firing in free kicks to be taking my free kicks that are on the sidelines when he can head good ...

Really amazed that you cannot do this and sure hope SI see this and get my idea and use it !

A really simple one, but useful nonetheless:

When a scout finishes an assignment, and the message is delivered to your inbox, IF he has further assignments queued up, then the message should say at the end,

" Scout X is now moving on to scout Area Y, as requested by you". This would stop you having to keep checking every now and again to make sure they haven't run out of assignments. Now, I know this is ONLY useful for VERY big clubs, but I have 24-25 scouts at Real, and it takes some time keeping track, so I tend to queue a large number of them up with assignments leaving the best few for the important stuff.

Also, I would like to be able to leave my scouted tournaments there, as finished assignments. I don't want to be able to scout more than one tournament at once - that is impossible - but I would like the historical data kept. It is much easier to find a scout report sometimes - you might remember that the report was from the ANC or Asian Cup, or whatever. Just helps a bit, I think.

Finally, I would like to once again propose my "On This Day..." idea, as I do every year.

It would be great if you could have, every now and then (frequently would be very irritating) a news item detailing famous exploits from the past (for your career or the club you currently manage). The club ones would only start from the day the game starts, no pre-loaded events. I think it would be nice to be remembered when you managed that giant killing, signed a player who went on to become a club legend etc., and cringeworthy, but sadistic fun to be reminded of your darkest moments. There are many event types that could be added - all the data is already stored, so it is no big deal FM-wise.

What do you think?

A really simple one' date=' but useful nonetheless:

When a scout finishes an assignment, and the message is delivered to your inbox, IF he has further assignments queued up, then the message should say at the end,

" Scout X is now moving on to scout Area Y, as requested by you". This would stop you having to keep checking every now and again to make sure they haven't run out of assignments. Now, I know this is ONLY useful for VERY big clubs, but I have 24-25 scouts at Real, and it takes some time keeping track, so I tend to queue a large number of them up with assignments leaving the best few for the important stuff.

Also, I would like to be able to leave my scouted tournaments there, as finished assignments. I don't want to be able to scout more than one tournament at once - that is impossible - but I would like the historical data kept. It is much easier to find a scout report sometimes - you might remember that the report was from the ANC or Asian Cup, or whatever. Just helps a bit, I think.

Finally, I would like to once again propose my "On This Day..." idea, as I do every year.

[b']It would be great if you could have, every now and then (frequently would be very irritating) a news item detailing famous exploits from the past (for your career or the club you currently manage). The club ones would only start from the day the game starts, no pre-loaded events. I think it would be nice to be remembered when you managed that giant killing, signed a player who went on to become a club legend etc., and cringeworthy, but sadistic fun to be reminded of your darkest moments. There are many event types that could be added - all the data is already stored, so it is no big deal FM-wise.[/b]

What do you think?

I like the bolded idea. :thup:

More specific instructions.

Example: I want my left fullback to close down the right midfielder as soon as possible. There is no good way of doing this without having unintended consequences. If I set the fullback to close down always, he runs over the the striker/central midfielder (when they have the ball) and leaves the wing open to attack. If I set the opposition instructions to close down always, everyone and the mascot runs over to close down leaving gaps in the defence. Tight marking and my fullback gets oout of position opening a channel for the striker to easily run through.

I just want to be able to make this guy close down that guy when that guy has the ball.

In the same way I want to be ablt to make my winger attempt to dribble against this specific guy with low tackling if he can get him isolated, but not against three players or the fantastic speedy DC with great tackling.

I feel after so many interations these types of things should have gotten into the game by now.

Few things:

1. buy a player but loan back to club till end of current season as clause.

2. Ability to pay off debt early/in chunks

3. Able to organize fan days

4. More choice w/club improvements - i,e, choose do you want to expand ground, well by how much etc...upgrade training ground or build new one, if stadium can't be expanded have the board explore option of new one more frequently etc

more agent involvement.

5. Youth team/players development easier and can see benefits etc

love fm just tweaks to improve

Some good ideas here, IMAO.

1. Yep, happens all the time IRL. Maybe not just until end of season - until further notice / player reaches certain age / value / 1st cap, etc.

2. Please!

3. not bothered myself, but not a bad idea.

4. Agreed - and it is happening IRL - look at Wenger's involvement with The Grove, and the training / youth developments. Virtually built to his spec.

5. Agreed - how possible, unless they appear as a god-like regen AT 17, is it to get a player into your 1st team at a good level if you're a Prem team? Happens IRL; Fowler, Owen, Rooney, etc. Yes, they are mainly strikers, so model that. If you get a 15year old striker enter your youth team at 15, with the best possible potential star rating (3 / 3.5 at most if you're a top top team), there is currently no way you can get him up to a level to play week in week out, including the big games, until he is at the very least 18 (i.e. 4th season in). It just isn't realistic for the OCCASIONAL superstar. You don't want many; one or two between all the premiership teams per season, on average, I would say. This would make me so happy, and the game so much better for those of us that cherish the ability to nurture the youth team, as I do.

Great ideas, mate!

Cheers' date=' been campaigning, badly obviously, for it for years.[/quote']

Start a thread in GD, with the idea extended a bit, examples of the events that could be looked back on added in, and see what the general populace thinks of the idea. :)

Scrap the 5 star scouting reports. It's woefully unhelpfull. In it's place I would like to be given numbers based on the hidden PA. So, for example, if a player has a hidden PA of 180 a scout would tell me the player's potential is between 170-190. And this range would be dictated by the scouts ability. A scout with a 20 for judging player potential would give you a range 10 on either side of the actual number. A scout with a 15 would give you a range 20 on either side. And so on. This number could also be adjusted up or down depending on the scout's knowledge of the player's country.

Further to this, I'd like my scout's/coach's assessment of my own players to grow over time. So if my staff's original PA assessment is, say, 165 but the player's hidden PA is actually 175, after a year or two of getting to know the player really well my staff will give an assessment closer to the real (hidden) PA of 175. Likewise, if I aggressively scout a player or team my staff's assessments will be closer to their hidden PA.

Given how sometimes the relationship between a manager and assistant goes beyond simply being 2 positions at a club, but also with the assistant being a long-term right-hand man to the manager (Clough/Taylor for one, also Eriksson/Grip), maybe there should be an option to be able to hire (and change as you move up the ranks) an ass man for yourself as opposed to just for whetever club you're at. Obviously you'd want to get better ones as you move up the ranks in career games/challenges and maybe the ass man himself would want to move on hismself after a while but otherwise he'd follow you around jobs.

Sorry if this has been posted. I'm at work and can't really look through pages and pages of posts :D

When selecting Feeder Clubs, you actually get a better choice than 5 clubs. I'd like to be able to select the region (rather than type of feeder club), that the club comes from.

In my last game, I had 2 clubs from Belgium, 2 from Romania, 1 from Ireland, 1 from Scotland and around 4 from England.

At the end of the season, the board cancels one of the deals then only offers me another club from that country once I ask for another one.

Also, whenever I get the option of choosing the type of feeder club i want, I always get response saying feeder club could not be found. Surely I shouldn't have to wait 6 months to wait to apply for a new one.

Anyway in summary :D

1) Ability to select Feeder club from a specific region

2) To be able to apply for another feeder club straight away if one can't be found at first attempt and not have to wait 6 months.

:thup:

One thing that would be interesting to have is say a note, PPM or assistant feedback on players that struggle when playing @ home or more commonly playing away (Not the John Terry or Ashley Cole kind of playing away either :D).

Say a striker tends to score the majority of their goals at home but is useless away from home, ala Robinho @ Man City.

It would be interesting to see this developed in game, as it is a fairly common occurance irl....

I'd like to see improved match analysis tool!

There is much room for improvement. It would be nice to see where your players were positioned on average over the match, where they made runs with the ball, where they missed uncontested headers where they scored headers when challenged...

It would also be awesome to see average of these things over 5 matches half/whole season...

The match analysis tool was announced like major change, new introduction in 2010 and peaple are largely disappointed with it and use it rarely.

The one thing that's missing for me in FM 2010 is the ability to set specific player instructions for several players at once. For example, like when I can highlight several players and tell them all to rest without doing this for each one individually, I'd like to be able to set "Closing Down" to every forward and midfielder in one go.

A very minor addition, but I'd like to see more reaction animations from players. Arms outstretched in a WTF pose when given a straight red, hands in head when missed an easy chance (the commentary can recognise them), a few more goal celebrations, e.t.c.

I'd like to see substituion icons in timeline below 3D match. It's easy to miss them now.

Also, very nice addition would be possibility to subscribe to results of teams from selected country in continental competitions.

1) introduction of nickname for players and for staff (“el kun”, “wonder boy”, “the special one” and so on...); it could be cool if it's created also a generator of random nicknames also for the regens

2) editor more flexible, possibility to edit every rule for the various leagues WITHOUT CREATE A NEW LEAGUE, BUT JUST EDITING AN EXISTING ONE, possibility to create also international competitions

3) possibility with the editor to create real fan representative (now they're random) and fan groups (like Delije, Vikings, Brigate Rossonere...) with relative hardcore fan percentage and possibility of problems with hooligan behaviours

4) possibility to be at the same time chairman and manager of the team (who doesn't like this option can play just as manager)

5) more tactics available in the editor to be assigned to the managers and coaches; for instance in Italy many coaches play with 4-3-1-2 (3 CM and 1 OM) but in the game is possible only to assign to coaches 4-3-1-2 (RW-CM-LW and 1 OM) or 4-1-2-1-2 (DM, 2 CM and 1 OM)

6) introduction of new characteristics of the players, it should be included the ATTITUDE of the player, if we consider for example two central defenders like Cannavaro and Nesta we should have that Cannavaro is the kind of central defender who likes to anticipate the forward, while Nesta is more attending the forward; the same for defensive midfielders like Mamadou Sissoko and Vieira, the first is always pressing, the second is waiting for the opponent; this natural attitude of the players should be seriously taken in account by the manager when he/she designs new tactics and give instructions to the players

7) change the concept of playmaker that now is in the game, now is the typical offensive midfielder that receive the ball and tries killer balls, but in reality there can be 1-2 players for each team that were real playmakers of their teams, starting the action from the defense or the midfield and often they played in different positions (Sammer was a sweeper, Baresi a central defender, Redondo a defensive midfielder...)

8) a more deep control of tactics, with every aspect under control, the definition of particular

schemes and movements of players

9) a total control of trainings, with the possibility to define the assignments for every day of the week, to practice some particular scheme or special situations such as corners, free kicks...

10) refinement of the interaction with media

11) a game more fast when are selected several leagues and/or are used DDT, trying to use at 100% the modern hardware (i.e. the newests OS, processors, RAM...)

The one thing that I would like to see in FM is to get of a feeling of accomplishment after winning leagues and cups. Right now it is kind of anticlimactic to have won the Champions League and then only getting a news message from the board talking about focusing on future challenges or something like that. Why not have something like a trophy room in the history of the club and on your own history. Just having a screen with some simple pictures or cg images of the trophies won by you or the club your working would be a nice addition.

Maybe also have a news message along the lines of hundreds of thousands flock to the centre of 'city name' to see 'club name' lift the 'competition name' trohphy.

To help with team talks:

Could there be an option to hire a sports psychologist? This person could advise along the lines of "Robinho is very ambitious and looking complacent. He needs to be told that you're angry with his performance to raise his game for the second half" Or maybe if you have a sports psychologist on the books you get a little circle next to your team talk which is green for a positive effect, yellow for neutral and red for negative. Or if this level of feedback is too in depth then he only feeds back on the 3-4 most undermotivated players in the team.

Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr

FM10 seems to be a "develop the players you have / the next crop of regens into a team of Pele's, meanwhile make your inherited donkeys unbeatable by micro-tactic managing"

This is a good summary but in fact I like that kind of game.

I had the most spell of success in fm2008 where I just had to buy decent players and coaches; play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 narrow with NO PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS and all sliders at middle.

After 2-4 seasons you will win ALL with Aston Villa, Fiorentina, Villarreal or similar teams.

On the other hand FM2010 is a bit too complicated.

Player instructions need to deffer even when you just substitute in min 75. They need to get the best out of your player, make him work for the team, fit your tactics, gel...

Effects of team gelling, foreign language, different football style, complacency, personality are overrated and exaggerated. In real life we know from papers that it affects big clubs, and that they are blamed for underachieving but this does not mean you need to be psychologist to manage a football club, and that a player 2 or more years already in the club disrupts the dressing room atmosphere just to harm his manager personally. I mean people payed over 1.5 mil a year must be more professional than that in real life.

Some things are missing - like better board interaction. Benitez must be able to say come one I just need 65 grand to cover sign on feel for this exciting prospect. He will serve you well even when I'm gone.

Effects of training are unclear, as are the effects of tutoring, loaning and so on...

There is just not enough guidance and tips in game, you need forums to learn to play it...

Press interaction is a big nonsense. It is important in real life but its effects on players and handling it is just poorly simulated in FM2010.

Player interaction is poor and totally scarce. It is lacking choices. All you can do is fine, promote, give new contract, give a press release and recommend preferred move/signing. COME ON - managers in real football spend over 4 hours 6 days a week 11 month a year with their players. They talk, they fight, they lough, the hug and they swear at each other...

As far as 1.3 goes it is an improvement and manager 2010 was not a finished game without it. One shameful exception is the corner flaw. But 1.3 is worth trying for any disillusioned players.

In future it would be nice to see FM grow into easier to learn game, that has tendency to simulate reality. It becoming an arcade game would be a disaster.

a remade motivation system..plays too big a part in this game and far too hard to get it right. i just think its completely unrealistic the amount of effort you have to put in just to get these idiots to actually play properly, theyre completely unable to self motivate and have to hear EXACTLY what they want for them to even do something resembling football... -_- other than that ****ed up area of the game, i think the tactical systems goin in the rght direction

I got some suggestrions as well but i did not read all the 56 pages of this thread, so some of them might be mentioned already:

- add an option to pause on minor injuries during matches

- add customizeable rules for the first team selection

- add one extra shortlist where only players are being put in that had been marked by me (the shortlist gets spammed with all kinds of players right now and i have to clear it very often)

- add an option to delete scout reports older than x months OR at least adjust (or delete) the player rating every 6 month

- add a filterrule to sort players by the estimated transfersum

- easier PPM-training-selection (highlight those PPM's that might be learned by a player)

- when selecting many players and some of them are not scoutable i can't give scoutingorders in the rightclickmenu, instead i have to find the appropriate player and remove him from my selection which might take some time; why not have the rightclickmenu appear and only apply it to those players scoutable

- add an option to share scoutingorders on multiple players equally between all available scouts (let's say i want to get a report on 20 players for the next day, right now i have to select the first 4, oder scout #1 to report on them, select the next, give orders to scout #2 and so forth)

from looking at the hidden attributes of players with a PA of 180 + on Genie Scout it seems that there are very few that have poor values for Pressure, Ambition etc, So I think that regens with very high PA should be the same, obviously not all of them but the majority at least.

There is one addition I would like to see and it relates to transfers and a player's profile at a club you are managing. When you set a player's transfer status ther are two option to either set a player to "Transfer Listed" or "No Option Set". In older verions of FM and it's predecessoprs there was a third option to set a player to "Not for sale". This option should be re-instated.

A few things come to mind:

1. Dynamic league reputation. Maybe the problem is that right now leagues are rated on a 20 point scale. If they're rated on a 100 point scale its easier to capture subtle changes in league quality.

2. I think it would be cool to be able to start a new game before the beginning of the transfer window.

3. I would like to have the option to sign a player but then immediately loan him back to his original club for a season or two.

4. Player interactions could be fleshed out a bit more.

1. Incremental save button and hotkey. What I mean with this is, when you go to save your game, there should be a save option which automatically creates a new save with a higher number on the end. So if my save is called 'MySave' when I use the button it will create a new save file called 'MySave01', then 'MySave02' etc. I should also be able to set this up as a hotkey.

2. When the news item appears about your scout finding x amount of players, there should be a report link for each player embedded in the news item. The way it is now, I have to click the players name then click report.

Neither are a big deal but both would save lots of clicks.

I'd like to be able to use Keyboard Shortcuts to select my teams.

I have 3 or 4 teams setup,

First Team

Second Team

Mixture

Youth

It would be nice to press CTRL 1 or CTRL 2 to select the teams I've made.

I've asked many times for Keyboard Shortcuts to be added to the game. I'd much prefer to have full control over all functions in the game using Keyboard Shortcuts.

(I know there are some Keyboard Shortcuts you can edit)

1. In game calender (Personal Secretary) to set up reminders to change training schedules, cancel non-preset rest periods, Trial End Dates or Short Period Loan End Dates. At the moment I have to remember certain things. If I could just have a reminder come up on the chosen game date it would stop me missing certain things.

2. Ability to assert authority over unruly players who refuse to follow your wishes, eg. learning new moves or going on loan.

3. Random sponsorship conditions. i.e required to to tour certain country or sign x number of players from certain country (Everton's previous shirt sponsor deal required them to take two chinese players into their squad for a certain contract period)

1. In game calender (Personal Secretary) to set up reminders to change training schedules, cancel non-preset rest periods, Trial End Dates or Short Period Loan End Dates. At the moment I have to remember certain things. If I could just have a reminder come up on the chosen game date it would stop me missing certain things.

You can Make Notes yourself?

2. Ability to assert authority over unruly players who refuse to follow your wishes, eg. learning new moves or going on loan.

You can't force a player to do extra training or to go on loan. Neither is covered or included in any type of contract and could even be technically illegal to include these provisions in a contract.

3. Random sponsorship conditions. i.e required to to tour certain country or sign x number of players from certain country (Everton's previous shirt sponsor deal required them to take two chinese players into their squad for a certain contract period)

I agree with this one, but not about signing players, that's up to the manager or chairmans digression. I never heard of that sponsorship provision withe Everton, I have doubts over it's validity.

Well, I just think I may have an interesting suggestion regarding the tactical system (of the next FM possibly). At the moment I am able to tell eg. my ML and MR to swap their positions during the game. An interesting idea would be to enable the player to set some 2 or 3 entire tactical systems and to swap the whole systems during the game. I know it is partially possible as I can save and load tactics, but it's still in the tactical menu, not the game screen, and finally I can't do it with the same effectiveness as it is with swaping players' positions (the somehow do it themselves). The examle of this is: I play with the asymetric 4-2-3-1 system. I have a DMC, an MCL, an MR, a AML, an AMRC and an SC and I would like to tell my players to, for example, change the system a few times in the match so that the AML becomes an ML, the MR an AMR etc. This would be a subtle change but would make my team much more unpredictable. It would be realistic too (managers do prepare different types of their teams' tactical systems). What do you think of this? :)

It's been mentioned before, but it's worth saying again. When a manger leaves a club, whether he's sacked or he resigns, he is often (or always) put on the of disfavored personnel and I've never been able to go back to that club in future seasons. This happens in real life with some frequency. Here's just one example, but look through most clubs' histories and you will see this with frequency. Please change this in 2011?

The ability to sue, or be sued.

This happens in real life football, and I think clubs should be able to take each other to court based on what they believe to be illegal player transfers etc.

Also, clubs/managers should be able to take each other to court. Like with Curbishley and West Ham to do with the sacking and such. Would make it more realistic.

re make the training system from the very start and give auto option to rest players day after a game. (rest players shold realy rest)

Yes, the 'rest' option would be very useful. It would save a lot of work - indeed, I'd like there to be a choice of 1,2, or 3 days. Lower league part timers often have poor stamina.

On a completely different matter, I think it would be fun for the manager, coaches and physio(s) to be seen in the dugout as well as the subs. In general there could be various entertaining/realistic dugout possibilities - players warming up, managers leaping up and down hysterically bellowing at the players or complaining to the fourth official and so on. You could even have managers sent to the stands.....

Whether the manager/coach/physio figures were male or female would be determined by their game gender, of course!

I'd like to have a Tactics Sandbox. A non-game and non-friendlies place to try different tactics (formations, shouts, etc). I'd also like to have more coach/asst. manager feedback in this sandbox about what tactics are working, what tactics aren't, suggestions about formations and about which players should play together, and etc. I know this doesn't exist in "real" life, but I equate it to drills "real" managers would run in practices and also to the hours and hours of game footage "real" managers can watch in order to figure out their tactics.

I think a sandbox is a great idea.

I'd also like the assistant manager to point out that players are under a certain fitness level before proceeding to a game?

At the moment you can go to a game with players in Orange Injury Mode to the pitch, where you might want to change them.

Sometimes, you can erroneously hit the space bar too many times and the game proceeds.

Just a little thing, don't let the team selection go ahead if players are under "90%" fitness, for example.

Of course you could change this if you don't have any players over 90%.

The ability to buy someone, but loan them straight back to the club, i.e over Work Permit issues. E.G Tottenham buying Kyle Walker from Sheffield United and loaning him straight back.

When a team is interested in one of your players, and you offer a deal for one of their players, who is of less value then the player they're interested in, and you offer a P/EX deal, they dont come back with a negotiation of £10m plus the player.

E.G

Bayern Munich are interested in Maxwell.

I offer the Maxwell in P/Ex for Holger Badstuber.

They then dont come back with a ridiculous negotiation.

I reckon this has already been mentioned but its the one thing really lacking in the game imo:

Asking a player to focus specifically on one/two attributes in training instead of a whole category. This could work just like ppms, and the longer a player is focusing on a particular attribute the more it goes up, in addition to any gains he would get to it normally.

Archived