AI Experiment - The Bandits are back for FM09

Wow. i just got a message on facebook about it restarting.. I loved this last time. can't believe its been two years. I stopped reading once the players had retired then i re-found it again a couple of months later a re-read it all in one lecture haha.. Kip is it possible to message us all on facebook when you post and update on here... Also for the new-comers this is the official group for the Bandits..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1422679954#/group.php?gid=7652622135

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, we're set to go. Turns out the holidaying manager must be a club manager (the Netherlands Antilles managerial post does not allow a shortlist), so VW Hemme in the Belgian Second Division have an absent manager. Ah well.

I won't be holidaying the first season until tomorrow, so until then:

1) Feel free to make any predictions you see fit to make.

2) Let me know of any more pre-game analysis posts you want to see.

How about a specific insight to a top club or a club who something significant has happened to. One every year.. For example track Man utd first season. see what happened to them... Then in 5 years time if Newcastle win champions league. Chart their success. Would only get going after the first couple of seasons.

Also charting the regens would be good. how many each game come in. how good are they? predictions on what they'd do. Do they actually have personality programmed into them or is it random as random can be?

Idiot GK will become the most intriguing character as the game goes through the season imo. I can already see a Rene Higuita esque character coming....:D

Its also fairly safe to assume the Bandits will climb the divisions faster then the Sheriffs but they will both make the Premiership eventually.

I hope there aren't any takeovers of either club as that might mess the experiment up a little but I wouldn't be totally suprised as they rise through the divisions.

Wow. i just got a message on facebook about it restarting.. I loved this last time. can't believe its been two years. I stopped reading once the players had retired then i re-found it again a couple of months later a re-read it all in one lecture haha.. Kip is it possible to message us all on facebook when you post and update on here... Also for the new-comers this is the official group for the Bandits..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1422679954#/group.php?gid=7652622135

Messaging on every update will be a little bit like spam-mails even though it is informing something. I'll try and update the group as frequent as possible but I check CSE Forums once or more everyday whereas Facebook once a week or so. It's better to get used to reading every bit of the experiment, live every second of the experience. ;)

Its great to be here from the get-go this time, excellent opening post.

I can see the Bandits from this version being almost the same as last time, losing the players early-ish, and losing their manager this time.

Hopefully, the excellent chairman will help this time around.

For a bit of fun, I predict the Sheriffs will win the race to the Premiership.

Can't wait :) Only started reading towards the end of the 07 experiment so glad to be here from the start this time and good luck :thup:

Whs.....was gutted to read about the untimely demise of your laptop and the end of the previous incarnation of the Bandits Kip....can't wait to see how things go for the Bandits mk II.

I predict a first season promotion play-off battle between the Bandits and the Sherriffs, with the Bandits winning by a margin of at least 3 goals in both legs and at least 2 red cards for the Sherriffs (over the two legs).

I also predict that none of the original Bandits will leave the club in the first 3 seasons and all the original Sherriffs will have moved on in the same amount of time.

Can't wait until this gets going again, loving it already :)

Have the game adjusted the rep for the staff to account for their CA/PA? If not, they are pretty much stuck there until they get some success or get fired. If it was adjusted I think the managers will move on as well rather quickly.

Won't be the first time you've heard or the last, but definately, KUTGW!!

For what it is worth, my predictions are:

Playing on full detail will mean the Bandits wipe the floor with everyone this season, and will win the league at a canter.

The Sheriffs will also go up.

There will be at least one red card per meeting between the two this season.

After one summer, most players will leave, including all the idiots.

The Sheriffs will reach the Premiership first.

Have the game adjusted the rep for the staff to account for their CA/PA? If not, they are pretty much stuck there until they get some success or get fired. If it was adjusted I think the managers will move on as well rather quickly.

Surprisingly enough, no. The reputation of all the off field staff is 50 (which I believe is the in game minimum), which is paltry given their 200 CA. The players have a rating of nearly 7000, so it seems the managerial teams might stick together for a while.

Surprisingly enough, no. The reputation of all the off field staff is 50 (which I believe is the in game minimum), which is paltry given their 200 CA. The players have a rating of nearly 7000, so it seems the managerial teams might stick together for a while.

Now that's good news. At least we won't be worrying about the staff for some years. Hopefully the new and talented chairman will replace the leaving managers with good quality ones. And yea, from the editor you can set reputation to 50 at minimum. Never seen it drop below that till now.

Wooo! Excited for this. Especially as I am here from the beginning rather than only stumbling across it in the 2060s like I did with the last one.

My predictions.

The Idiots will be taken in January.

The Bandits will keep hold of all players for the first season, with the first choice players moving first followed by the rest later on.

Bandits to have best short-term success, Sherrifs in the middle-term will catch up as they won't have as many players to replace, but the Bandits will get to the Premiership first.

Long-term I think both will win at least something.

Bring it on!

For what it is worth, my predictions are:

Playing on full detail will mean the Bandits wipe the floor with everyone this season, and will win the league at a canter.

The Sheriffs will also go up.

There will be at least one red card per meeting between the two this season.

After one summer, most players will leave, including all the idiots.

The Sheriffs will reach the Premiership first.

I could see the Bandits cantering throught the lower leagues until the Championship, and the Sheriffs

I would say at least three red cards in the two league matches plus some more in the inevitable cup matches they'd play.

Also, the Bandits for the Premiership first

Great to see this going again!

Some predictions on the long term:

1) The Bandits will be in the EPL within 15 years.

2) The Sheriffs will be in the EPL within 20 years.

3) All of the Bandits' will have a great international career, especially those who already play for small countries U19's like Holland and Portugal.

4) All of the Idiots will leave the Sheriffs within 5 years.

5) Both team managers will leave within, again, 5 years.

6) Last but not least, Miller will leave the Sheriffs the first or second season and he eventually will have a great career at a Championship team or mid table EPL team.

Thank goodness I subscribed to the old thread as I may of missed this.

All the best with this Kipfizh.

This experiment may be the best yet with more leagues and more compitions running on full detail.

Maybe we'll see the Bandits (or Sheriffs) reach their full potential and win a major trophy?

Good luck Kipfizh

Is it too early to say that i support the Sheriffs?

Im predicting that the Bandits will reach the Premiership, as for the Sheriffs, they can go both ways really. If the manager got a bad moment, the chairmen will replace him quickly, that can either be a blessing or the curse for Sheriffs. Also, im going to predict that at some point Belgium and/or Scotland will win the World Cup :D

Quite impressive... this thread's been up, what, four hours now...

80 replies already - this is going to be huge

When do we get the first update?? (I know I sound greedy, but I guess we all are for this. Forgive me!)

This has been promoted to my firefox bookmarks toolbar!

My Predos:

• The Bandits will reach the prem in 15 years.
  • The Sheriffs may struggle mid-pyramid for years, but eventually reach the prem
  • All the bandits will be gone by the next summer and possibly some in january.
  • Miller and the Idiots will last til the next summer.
  • Will be a long time 5+ years till we see a management change at the bandits.

Without a shadow of a doubt this is the most excited I've been since, since, since well, maybe ever (shhh. don't tell the wife!)

Surely the Sheriff's will do the better of the two sides with so much talent having to be brought in at an appropriate CA and rep?

Think it will all depend on those chairmen you know...

Messaging on every update will be a little bit like spam-mails even though it is informing something. I'll try and update the group as frequent as possible but I check CSE Forums once or more everyday whereas Facebook once a week or so. It's better to get used to reading every bit of the experiment, live every second of the experience. ;)

Yeah but no more than the absolute ***** i get off other groups. bars/clubs etc... You could always send a message asking people if they'd object to an update message via facebook.

My predictions for what its worth.

There will be a manager change in the 3rd year. Not a sacking but Bandits manager will leave for Man Utd when SAF retires.

Two straight promotions for Bandits. League two in 3rd year. from there on slow progression up the leagues. prem in 10-12 years.

Sheriffs League two after four years. losing out on the play offs both times. because the idiots didn't perform. Won't reach premiership at all. or it'll take 20+ years.

All players to have left by end of second season. Plus players who have the big nationality leagues as their second nationality will move to a big club in that league over top four in premiership. - if Spanish will end up playing for Real Madrid etc

Bandits won't spend any money untill 5th season. Or any big money.

^ oh and Sheriffs to go into administration.

Also is there any chance Kip, Of the game to be up for download at the beginning of this for people to genuinely play through? If you think it'd discredit the experiment fair enough. But i thought i'd ask :D

Awesome it's back! Can't wait for the updates already.

Edit: I won't speculat much but I think the sugar daddy will be the deciding factor between the Sheriffs and the Bandits after the original players leave.

fwiw I wouldn't want an e-mail from facebook each time Kipfizh posts an update, I'm more than capable of finding this thread if I want to read it and anyone who's interested in this thread will be able to as well. As the 80+ responses this thread already received today proves.

Gutted about your computer crashing but happy that the 09 experiment is finally on track, thanks again for the numerous hours of enjoyment you've provided me through the original experiment and I'm already looking forward to this one running full speed.

Predictions

- Bandits to go undefeated in their first season, scoring at least 3 goals per game on average, winning the small league cup (st Johnston trophy or something) and knocking out at least 3 teams from higher divisions in their first 2 FA Cup participations.

- Sheriffs to finish 2nd and go up through the playoffs.

- Bandits will gain at least 2 promotions in 3 years, get to the Championship in 8 years and the EPL in around 12 years.

- Sheriffs will get to the EPL at least 3 years after the Bandits.

- At least 20 starlets gone within 2 seasons (maybe the GK will stay longer) and all the idiots to leave after a maximum of one full season with the Sheriffs.

- Sheriffs manager will get sacked during the second season while the Bandits' will leave to go to a bigger club within 5 years.

- We won't see both Bandits and Sheriffs in Europe until at least 20 years down the line, maybe one or the other but not both.

- France to win the WC 2010, not only in this experiment but also in real life ;)

Finally I have a quick question, do you know if the players who chose to represent their other nationality's youth teams can still change back before they get their first "real" cap or is it already decided?

Just one thing kip - if you won't be around for a while, post or else the place will go into meltdown ;)

Seriously though, great to see the 09 experiment kicking off. For what it's worth, I reckon that this experiment will turn out to be quite similar to the FM07 one - I reckon the players, manager and coaches will be off reasonably quickly - although the board certainly could make a difference. Let's just hope that the board takeovers don't result in the Bandits having a completely hopeless team of players and staff after 2 years.

Archived