AI Experiment - The Bandits are back for FM09

Read through the previous experiment on and off the past month or so, have to say can't wait for the updates.

Not that good at predictions but...

- Bandits and Sheriffs to be promoted first season.

- All idiots to leave Sheriffs in January.

- No original Bandits players left by end of Summer transfer window (2nd season)

- 25 years before the Bandits reach the premier league, Sheriffs about 5 years later

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good one mate :thup: Looking forward to it :thup:

I'd say

- Both the bandits and sheriffs to storm their league in their first two seasons, with back to back promotions

- After the second season, their growth will be stunted as players will start leaving

- Idiots to have better careers than the players in the Bandits :D

Excellent, the bandits are back!

Here are my predictions-

-The bandits to storm the league undefeated

-The sheriffs to get promoted in second place.

-All bar one of the sheriffs original players to leave in January, the last following in the summer.

-All of the bandits to leave in/or before the summer

-Sheriffs to get successive promotions (due to having a squad in place)

-Bandits to struggle initially after promotion (due to not having a squad in place)

-The sheriffs to plateau in the 1st division initally then yo yo between the championship and the 1st division for a couple of years but steady progression for the bandits.

-Bandits to beat the sheriffs into the premiership.

-Idiots to play in the premiership before any of the original bandits.

-A former bandit to coach the bandits within 20 seasons

Incidentally Kip, what are the stadium capacities of the respective grounds of the Bandits and the Sheriffs? You said they were big, I was wondering how big and if they'll fill them every week. Also, do the grounds have expansion capacities?

Incidentally Kip, what are the stadium capacities of the respective grounds of the Bandits and the Sheriffs? You said they were big, I was wondering how big and if they'll fill them every week. Also, do the grounds have expansion capacities?

The Bandits had an 80K stadium that they regularly filled in the original experiment and Kipfizh said he kept that the same, I'd assume the Sheriffs have a similar ground but I'm not sure.

I have been so busy recently i haven't had time to read until now.

Huge follower of the last thread (didn't really become a poster until recently).

Your updates make a great read and can't wait until the ball is rolling.

Appreciate all the work you have put in over the years and the years to come :p

Eagerly anticipating the first update Kip! Have all the players of The Bandits got each other down as favoured staff? And maybe more importantly do the four Sheriff players have each other listed as favoured staff? I hold my breath waiting for the first update! (Don't keep me waiting too long...)

May even take a bit longer than it took before because of the addition on the Sheriffs aswell.

Even in the later stages i still see the updates being longer due to players going into Management.

I just know i will end up losing so much time of my life reading these updates like i did the last 2 years.

I don't think that the most time consuming thing is running the season, regardless of the number of leagues or teams, it's probably typing up the entire season report and putting all the screenshots online for us but in all honesty I'd rather wait and get a quality report like Kipfizh got us used to than speed up the process because the experiment would lose some of its quality so it's all about patience now and letting Kipfizh take the time he needs. Quality > quantity.

Villanation -

You'll learn to be patient.

A rather disturbing number of us checked the previous Bandits thread daily for an unreasonably long time, usually with no update to be found. But it sure is sweet when there's a new update.

You'll become accustomed to the following sequence:

1) Bandits update!

2) Lots of discussion, gradually tapering off

3) A lull...

4) Intermittent posts/inquiries/speculations about the status of Kipfizh's health, professional life, hardware status, love life, pub attendance, rumored capture by wolves, suspected run-ins with the law, possible treatment related to Chutes and Ladders-related gambling, participation in government-funded zero-gravity FM experimentation, probable abduction by little green men while participating in aforementioned government-funded zero-gravity FM experimentation, etc.

5) Bandits update!

Rinse and repeat.

Welcome to Bandits Nation.

'Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board...'

Villanation -

A rather disturbing number of us checked the previous Bandits thread daily for an unreasonably long time, usually with no update to be found. But it sure is sweet when there's a new update.

1) Bandits update!

3) A lull...

4) Intermittent posts/inquiries/speculations about the status of Kipfizh's health, professional life, hardware status, love life, pub attendance, rumored capture by wolves, suspected run-ins with the law, possible treatment related to Chutes and Ladders-related gambling, participation in government-funded zero-gravity FM experimentation, probable abduction by little green men while participating in aforementioned government-funded zero-gravity FM experimentation, etc.

5) Bandits update!

Rinse and repeat.

Lmao....add to that frequently hitting your refresh button, glued to this page desperate for your next fix of the Bandits saga.....or is that just me?:D

Great to see this experiment back again.

I only started reading the 07 one towards the end, but I found it to be a fascinating insight into the game.

I predict the Bandits will reach the Premiership much quicker this time, maybe in around 15 years.

The Sheriffs will do it in a similar time. Once the idiot players leave they'll settle down and be fine, even with an idiot chairman imo.

I look forward to the first update.:thup:

Honestly i am almost as interested in Millers future for the Sheriffs.

He seems to be destined for majot things.

I agree. Such a potentially talented youngster in the Sheriffs first few signings bodes well for the players they'll sign in the future.

Will he pick up the idiots' bad habits though, could he play for England before any of the Bandits? Could he even more controversially move to the Bandits! The possibilities for excitement are endless!

There are so many maybes that predictions are more or less pointless, but I'll have a go anyway:

Bandits to get promoted first season.

Sheriffs to bottle it in the playoffs and win the league season 2.

Bandits to get into the league quite quickly, maybe after 2 or 3 seasons.

From there I think the Sheriffs may initially rocket past The Bandits, until they crash and burn from spending far too much money. When they will crash and burn is difficult to say, but I'm going to go for in the Championship after many failed promotion attempts with cash thrown around.

Bandits will win the league within 30 years, but will not be the dominant force domestically or in europe, that will probably be a) Arsenal or b) a popular championship team that has good luck.

I don't think that the most time consuming thing is running the season, regardless of the number of leagues or teams, it's probably typing up the entire season report and putting all the screenshots online for us but in all honesty I'd rather wait and get a quality report like Kipfizh got us used to than speed up the process because the experiment would lose some of its quality so it's all about patience now and letting Kipfizh take the time he needs. Quality > quantity.

Totally agree with the above. I think the quality and depth of Kip's reports are what made the original experiment so interesting. TBH towards the end of the previous one it wasn't anywhere near as interesting when Kip was just breezing through the seasons.

Can't wait for this one to start, definately going to be even more sucessful than the previous one.

KUTGW Kip!!

Im stupidly excited by this.

My predictions for the experiment are:

*Bandits to achieve back to back promotions in first two seasons

*Sheriffs to acheive promotion season 1 but not season 2. They will be promoted season 3

*Bandits and Sheriffs will both be Premiership clubs but not for 20 years

*One of the bandits strikers to score 60+ goals in season 1

*Bandits to win FA cup in season 1

*Kipfizh to be awarded a knighthood in the next honours list (this might be a longshot)

Villanation -

1) Bandits update!

3) A lull...

5) Bandits update!

Rinse and repeat.

This is so true, I have started this... I am starting to speculate the status of his health now lol :D

Oh we the ever so faithful, waiting for our next fix of Bandit-Mania. Keep us not waiting, oh master storyteller, for we grow more needful of an update.

But, seriously take your time Kipfizh, I'm looking forward to what is sure to be a fantastic update.

dosen't take this long to finish a season... surely??
As has been said before, its the report writing that takes a great deal of time. I know from experience that writing detailed informative reports on an AI Experiment takes a great deal of time, just be patient young padawan.

Why hesitate to see the update? Rather think about the joy you'll experience while reading it, watching Bandits storm the league & so on... Also do not bump the thread with asking this stuff, I got excited like the update has been posted or something :)

This thread is crazy, in a good way:)

We've had the introduction and thats it and we're on the second page. Wonder how many pages we'll get when we do get the update. Don't rush Kip I'm defo in the camp that wants quality and not half baked updates. If the updates are of previous quality then Kips got twice the work with the 2 teams.

Viva la bandits

Well if we carry on the way we're going we'll be at page 3 within an hour :D.

I'm thinking I might break from the pack and declare the Sheriffs as my team from the get go. In fact, yes. There we go. I'm a Sheriffs man!! Who's with me!?

Down with the Bandits!! :cool:

dosen't take this long to finish a season... surely??

As has been said before, the running of the season is the easy bit. Typing up the season report, getting screenshots, uploading them etc can be very time consuming.

I know my end of season reports for the dafuge and gundo challenges, which only run to 3 or 4 paragraphs with maybe a dozen screenshots, can take a couple of hours to get together.

Well if we carry on the way we're going we'll be at page 3 within an hour :D.

I'm thinking I might break from the pack and declare the Sheriffs as my team from the get go. In fact, yes. There we go. I'm a Sheriffs man!! Who's with me!?

Down with the Bandits!! :cool:

I think I shall join you!! :D

Archived