What leagues would you like to see added in the future

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But invalidates the claim about the overall quality of Cypriot players.

Actually, it doesn't. Cypriot players are decent, but the population and youth system have let the country down. The youth system is definitely improving and getting alot better. Alot of young Cypriot players are now finding themselves make way to bigger teams. Don't question me on the Cypriot youth system, because I have an Uncle and a second cousin who are coming through the system. ;)

Hershie, are you from Cyprus? If so, where do you live?

I'm from England but all my family is from Cyprus. :)

Nope =]

I'm from England. Not ethnical British, but no links to Cyprus either. It's just a place very close to my heart and has been all my life. Friends out there, and going to live there in the (near) future, I hope anyway. Parents are retiring out there, and spent years of my life just on holiday there. :)

Well, that's talk of the future. You asked why I thought Bosnia would be preferred over Cyprus, so here's your answer. Bosnia produces better players and therefore fits better in the "global picture" of the FM football world.

But we aren't talking about who produces better players, because both teams national teams are in the game, we are talking about who's FOOTBALL LEAGUE is better.

Nope =]

I'm from England. Not ethnical British, but no links to Cyprus either. It's just a place very close to my heart and has been all my life. Friends out there, and going to live there in the (near) future, I hope anyway. Parents are retiring out there, and spent years of my life just on holiday there. :)

Nice :).

Alot of great memories for me where on holiday in Cyprus with family as well :).

Cypriot football NEEDS to rely on foreign players because of the population. Even with most players staying in Cyprus, foreigners are needed to help fill the teams out. For Cyprus to attract so many foreigners, it must be a good thing.

Yep. Compare it to England. Look at the England national team, and then look at the make-up of the teams that most of the players play for. Similar in a way to England, but different to Italy or Spain, and the opposite of Brazil, if you get what I mean.

Yep. Compare it to England. Look at the England national team, and then look at the make-up of the teams that most of the players play for. Similar in a way to England, but different to Italy or Spain, and the opposite of Brazil, if you get what I mean.

Exactly, good post.

But you have to see that the leagues that were included in the game were chosen in 2004.

But one that you mentioned wrongly was the Serbian league. By 2004 they were not only far superior compared to Cyprus but also their league (the league itself) was and still is superior (the average serbian club is stronger than the average cyprus club)

The finnish league was around the same "knocked out at the 2nd/3rd qualifying stages" level as Cyprus but their country reputation is higher and the national squad maybe a bit superior?

Now the Icelandic league is weird.. I can't really see why it was included while stronger leagues like the Egyptian (Al-Ahly anyone?!) , Bosnian, Cyprus and Lithuanian werent...

But also one thing. You can't really judge a league being included over one season thing. So far the Lithuanian league has proven worthy of "playable status" as in the previous 5-6 years only once the Cyprus clubs got farther (dunno if its the right word...) than the Lithuanians in the CL. But I still maintain that I find weird how the Icelandic league is included and the others mentioned above arent but oh well...

No problem with having the Cypriot League, but reckon there are more deserving ones-Africa and the middle east are underrepresented. Would like to see Egypt, Saudia Arabia, Iran, Nigeria, Cameroon, and U.A.E. And not forgetting Uzbekistan (if its good enough for Rivaldo and almost for etoo....) And Sega should go to war with Konami to give us Japan!!!

Now the Icelandic league is weird.. I can't really see why it was included while stronger leagues like the Egyptian (Al-Ahly anyone?!) , Bosnian, Cyprus and Lithuanian werent...

Like I said before, there is a much bigger market in Iceland, despite its low population, than in other countries such as in Eastern Europe and some parts of Africa. It always tops the list everywhere here in Scandinavia and a big culture playing it. You have to look at that.

No problem with having the Cypriot League, but reckon there are more deserving ones-Africa and the middle east are underrepresented. Would like to see Egypt, Saudia Arabia, Iran, Nigeria, Cameroon, and U.A.E. And not forgetting Uzbekistan (if its good enough for Rivaldo and almost for etoo....) And Sega should go to war with Konami to give us Japan!!!

i wouldnt rally say more deserving... Cypriot teams have startd to perform really well as well as their national team...Anorthosis did great in the champions league-(great results vs inter, bremen etc) and other teams such as omonia doing well as well. overall the league is on th up

With all the other issues involving the game, I doubt SI care too much about this right now.

'All the other issues' will be sorted within the next couple of months at the very most, I'd think. Most already have been. After the final predicted patch, with the January updates, whenever that may be (sometime I February I'd guess), work on FM10 can begin.

As for data research, I'm sure finding people to be researchers wouldn't be hard. I'd consider putting myself forward if there was real interest from SI in implementing the League. :cool:

We want Cyprus, Egypt, Bosnia, Morocco, Angola, Canada???

When someone says that players aren't playing the lessers legues they utterly (does this word exist??) wrong, i have a personnal objective on all fm versions, to win the bigestes club competition on every continent, done it on north america, south america, europe, asia, but in africa it's hard becaus ethe SA teams aren't that good.

I've done it once but it was when i was testing the ANgola DB i was working on.

REsearch would not be very hard on some of the league i mencioned since every FM version someone makes db's with some of those legues, just see how many people downloaded the CYprus DB or the Egypt DB.

We want Cyprus, Egypt, Bosnia, Morocco, Angola, Canada???

When someone says that players aren't playing the lessers legues they utterly (does this word exist??) wrong, i have a personnal objective on all fm versions, to win the bigestes club competition on every continent, done it on north america, south america, europe, asia, but in africa it's hard becaus ethe SA teams aren't that good.

I've done it once but it was when i was testing the ANgola DB i was working on.

REsearch would not be very hard on some of the league i mencioned since every FM version someone makes db's with some of those legues, just see how many people downloaded the CYprus DB or the Egypt DB.

Wow, someone wants the Canadian Soccer League. :D

I would not mind the addition of Cyprus league and some other African leagues, but not at a cost of cutting the Asian leagues. ;)

I am all for the inclusion of the Cypriot league! (I may be a bit biased though, as I am Greek)

What is the problem with adding another league? I am pretty confident that good research can be done on it. The greek league has an excellent research team, and a lot of Cypriots have hel[ped there, who did a very good job. I know, because I used to be part of the greek research team. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if the research on the cypriot league has already been done (all or part of it) in hope of a future inclusion.

I would also like the 3rd greek division to be included, so I can go LLM in Greece. Even if SI/SEGA have their respectful reasons for not including these leagues, how about allowing local communties to include them by means of unofficial patches? What is the reason that this cannot be done by SI? Surely, this would strengthen the interest in FM in more countries!

Cyprus over india, hong kong, indonesia.

Egypt would be a very good arrival, i don't want ot play just in South Africa, Al Alhy is the team of the century in africa, and we keep getting the SA teams only.

I agree with another African league, as we currently only have one league from an entire continent. The Egyptian league would be a class addition IMO.

I would like to see the additions of Qatar, UAE, Cyprus, Egypt.

UAE and Qatar are attracting bigger name plays now days, and Egyptian League actually has a few good players.

All 4 of those leagues would be excellent additions. Although, I think SI are going to be stubborn and keep some of the other scrub leagues in.

I rather want more divisions then new leagues.

The new Serie D in Brazil (Starts in 2009) and maby more divisions in England would be neat.

At least level 7, the one under Blue Square.

Northern Premier League Premier Division

(UniBond League Premier Division)

22 clubs

Southern Football League Premier Division

(British Gas Business Football League Premier Division)

22 clubs

Isthmian League Premier Division

(Ryman Football League Premier Division)

22 clubs

maby level 8 to? :p

Northern Premier League Division One North

(UniBond League Division One North)

21 clubs

Northern Premier League Division One South

(UniBond League Division One South)

20 clubs

Southern Football League Division One Midlands

(British Gas Business Football League Division One Midlands)

22 clubs

Southern Football League Division One South & West

(British Gas Business Football League Division One South & West)

22 clubs

Isthmian League Division One North

(Ryman Football League Division One North)

22 clubs

Isthmian League Division One South

(Ryman Football League Division One South)

22 clubs

Level 9 to 25 would take 100 years to research i bet ^_^

I rather want more divisions then new leagues.

The new Serie D in Brazil (Starts in 2009) and maby more divisions in England would be neat.

At least level 7, the one under Blue Square.

Northern Premier League Premier Division

(UniBond League Premier Division)

22 clubs

Southern Football League Premier Division

(British Gas Business Football League Premier Division)

22 clubs

Isthmian League Premier Division

(Ryman Football League Premier Division)

22 clubs

I don't think they should go much farther than the above leagues, if any were to be added. Instead I think the coding should be changed to make promotion to playable leagues more based on stats of players at non-playable clubs.

Currently the game works on reputation and promotes the highest rep clubs (see Dafuges challenge). I don't think those leagues lower than the above three would be needed as much if non-league clubs fortunes depended upon player stats rather than reputation.

It would take work because it would need unplayable clubs to better maintain their player rosters and to employ managers etc. Currently they just seem to get rid of players every year.

It would be great to see new clubs moving up the pyramid than the same old few with a high reputation.

Qatar would be nice just becase a lot of old famous players end up there for their last playing years for big money.

Cyprus should be there because for the last 5 years they are playing high level football. Cyprus has a population below million but football is loved there and it is not a poor country and piracy is not on very high level. I'm sure it will pay back financially for SI.

Even more UK divisions. Obviously UK is the mainland of FM and local teams are pupular in UK. I would not mind if SI add even one more layer in UK. Football quality may be very low but still people will appreciate it and I'm sure a lot of people will start the game with these teams for long career games.

Adding more African and Asian Nations would not harm anyone, but they will not be even selected as often as UK Sunday league teams.(Now I'm talking about users who will buy legal copy of the product) with the pirate users counted; stats might be very different but I do not think they are SIs priority.

Archived