What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Middle Eastern leagues such as from Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Priority wise, I'd say more African leagues, however. I can only dream to manage in Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, Cameroon, and Ghana to name a few. The challenge of managing in any of these leagues alone would make me buy the game, even if it didn't have a 3D match view.

Let's hope we see more leagues added for future releases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone from Si games is reading this, I want to ask are they planing to make Macedonian League playable in the 2010 edition. I think that it's finally time SI to make that, because the game is very popular in Macedonia. Also, only Macedonian league is not playable from the Balkan leagues.

I didn't know where to put this thread, so, if this is not a place for that tell me!

I think the next addition we might see is more non-league for England. From screenshots I have seen of the new CM, the Ryman league is playable in it. SI will have to follow suit to keep the competition on.

I think the FM/CM battle is what will dictate playable leagues and features now.

Edit:It's listed as Isthmian, not Ryman.

I was wondering if there were plans in future FM games to add leagues from countries such as UAE and Qatar, apparently they pay quite a bit of money for players, i would like to see some more african as well, like egypt, ghana....

The English Lower leages (Unibond, Ryman, etc) are a must I feel.. and the same with the FA Vase.. it'll give the lower teams that make up the english database some meaning

And adding the Egyptian league? Wouldnt it give a meaning to those teams? :p

Yes that is definitely true.

Yes, that's true, but, many people in Macedonia play FM and I think that if Si Games make the Macedonian league playable, all of the guys who play Fm will buy the original, including me!:D

Because someone mentioned that SI need research team for making a league playable, can somebody tell me where to ask for that? I send mails to SI, but, they never get back to me! :(

I don't know what's the matter??:confused:

I have the original, but in Macedonia you can't buy it. Also Macedonia isn't on the list on Pay Pal, so it's very hard to get the original. My cousin brought mine!

I wanted to say that, because almost everybody here download the game, if the Macedonian league is made and if SI sell the original game here, everybody will buy the it!:)

Let's be honest here, if you did a poll, which frequently appear in other threads, the vast majority of players seem to manage in England, Scotland or one of the other big nations.

It would be interesting to see percentage wise how many people play in the more obscure leagues.

I think given the choice between:

i) a cut-down version of FM2010 containing only say 10 or 12 major nations which was £10 cheaper

ii) the full 100's of leagues from Eastern europe/Asia/Africa version.

The vast majority would do much as they do now, and vote with their wallets and stick to the 'big' nations.

I don't think I'm unusual in the respect that I very rarely, if ever, on any version of FM going back to when it was still ChampMan load up any of the minor national leagues. If I want to play a savegame away from the usual suspects I might end in Belgium,Russia or Argentina BUT not in Singapore/Thailand or Egypt.

So really what is the point of all these requests for extra leagues that the vast majority will never, ever even look at?

Do you want to do the research for any of the leagues you have suggested?

P.S. There maybe should be another tier in Scotland though, either Highland League or Juniors. Look at Scottish Cup results there is nothing to choose between these leagues and Scottish Div 3.

It is a bit stupid from a footballing perspective (although not marketing clearly) to have malaysia, singapore, hong kong etc represented when lets be honest, they're pathetic.

Re. From a marketing perspective. Never thought of that, although would be intersting to see some sales figures per region/country/league.

I was always under the impression though that most stuff sold in Hong Kong etc. be it CD's/DVD's/Game's or even handbags was all counterfeit/pirated copies.

Anyway as I said above how many people even look at half the nations/leagues already included without looking for even more obscure ones.

SI would be far better adding more leagues/levels/layers to existing 'major' nations i.e. Highland League/Juniors in Scotland or another level in England as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in playing as the 'alternative Manchester United'.

Why?

You cant promote, you are a permanent part-time feeder club for the whole MLS,

Got to agree with you, a lot of this thread seems to be people just trying to think of an obscure league, any league in any nation that isn't in the game at present and adding it to the list.

Could any of the people of this page even name three sides in the league they have requested be added?

As I said above how many people even look at half the nations/leagues already included without looking for even more obscure ones.

Seeing as England, Scotland and Northern Ireland all go beyond their top flights, it's a shame that Wales doesn't. Although, as bluebellsareblue points out above, I don't think I could name a single team outside of the Welsh top flight!

Seeing as England, Scotland and Northern Ireland all go beyond their top flights, it's a shame that Wales doesn't. Although, as bluebellsareblue points out above, I don't think I could name a single team outside of the Welsh top flight!

As I've already said SI would be far better adding more leagues/levels/layers to existing 'major' nations i.e. Highland League/Juniors in Scotland or another level in England as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in playing as the 'alternative Manchester United'.

But, patting myself on the back here, I think as a general rule if you can't name at least a couple of teams in the league you are requesting, don't bother asking for it.

This thread has almost descended into a 'naming an obscure league' competition!!!!

As I've already said SI would be far better adding more leagues/levels/layers to existing 'major' nations i.e. Highland League/Juniors in Scotland or another level in England as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in playing as the 'alternative Manchester United'.

But, patting myself on the back here, I think as a general rule if you can't name at least a couple of teams in the league you are requesting, don't bother asking for it.

This thread has almost descended into a 'naming an obscure league' competition!!!!

Yeah, I just think it's a bit strange that all the home nations have more than one tier in the game, except for Wales. I'd never play in Wales, though! I don't think adding other leagues in Scotland is worth it because you can only get so high and then that's your limit. No chance of ever qualifying for Europe or anything.

Let's be honest here, if you did a poll, which frequently appear in other threads, the vast majority of players seem to manage in England, Scotland or one of the other big nations.

It would be interesting to see percentage wise how many people play in the more obscure leagues.

I think given the choice between:

i) a cut-down version of FM2010 containing only say 10 or 12 major nations which was £10 cheaper

ii) the full 100's of leagues from Eastern europe/Asia/Africa version.

The vast majority would do much as they do now, and vote with their wallets and stick to the 'big' nations.

I don't think I'm unusual in the respect that I very rarely, if ever, on any version of FM going back to when it was still ChampMan load up any of the minor national leagues. If I want to play a savegame away from the usual suspects I might end in Belgium,Russia or Argentina BUT not in Singapore/Thailand or Egypt.

So really what is the point of all these requests for extra leagues that the vast majority will never, ever even look at?

Do you want to do the research for any of the leagues you have suggested?

P.S. There maybe should be another tier in Scotland though, either Highland League or Juniors. Look at Scottish Cup results there is nothing to choose between these leagues and Scottish Div 3.

Judging by your location, that's a very biased post. Don't you think it's a bit ignorant to simply write off the leagues that aren't included in the game in the latest release? Your nation's league is in the game already and has several tiers, so you are able to manage within your home nation. Other's don't have that privilege and would like to manage in their nation's league.

By adding more leagues that would do the game no less then improve it since I fail to see how it could negatively impact the game's future sales. In fact, a fan would be more inclined to buy the game knowing he can manage a team in the nation that he is living in, even if it is an obscure league. I myself don't manage in England or Scotland, but mainly in Eastern Europe since that's the region that I am living in. It gives me joy to know that I can bounce around from a wealth of leagues and it only adds to my enjoyment that I get from playing the game. There is more to managing than just in the "top leagues". Perhaps you should take a look at the LLM and Challenge section of the forums and you can see that people get quite the enjoyment from managing outside the more dominant leagues. Don't forget the FM Stories section as well.

There is football outside of the UK and Europe and I'm sure you know that, just like there are nation's leagues that deserve to be represented within the game outside of the more well-known leagues.

You'd also be surprised at the local mods that people make for the game just so they can manage in their nation's league. Take a look at the Editor's Hideaway for example and you can see several threads where people inquire about making a league. Not too long ago I remember seeing someone post a database with the Canadian Soccer League and others.

Just to add to my point, I buy the FM series because of the fact that it includes my home nation's league, where as other competitors in the same genre do not. There are many people like myself and share the same view, and SI win us as customers, just for even including the league to give us the ability to manage within it, let alone the features of the game.

As they say, the more is always the better.

Oh and yes, I can name a team from each of the leagues I mentioned in a previous post. So I believe I meet the requirements to post in this thread. ;)

the egyptian team(is it al-ahly)always win the african champ league where as south african teams never feature so why is the south african league in and not the main african nations(in football)

Because there is no-one willing to research these leagues.

Many people in this thread don't seem to understand that SI need voluntary researchers to research all the teams/players in the game, clearly no-one from Egypt or Morocco or wherever is willing to do so.

Archived