What leagues would you like to see added in the future

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a rights issue with regard to the Japanese league, yes.

Creating new leagues... well, it should be possible to reverse-engineer the game and find out how the existing leagues are created. (If people can create huge mods for the spaghetti coding that is The Sims 2, they can probably do it for any game.) Hmmm, maybe that's an idea. See if J.M.Pescado would be up to the task.

Si should add an editor so users can create their own leagues. IMO its something they should consider for FM10.

I dont think they are going to add many more leagues to the game because of the lack of researchers or lack of sales in the target country not to mention the increased complexity of the game.

look, you have got everiting for research, like every year. in FM are almost all Bosnian teams, you just need to put them in League. Is that so hard? how you think to have good sales in Bosnia without their league.

www.fmbosnia.com

sorry for my bad english

hello,i from www.fmbosnia.com forum and every year we make and finish research of many clubs in our contry,we think you add our league in FM but you dont do this any time

sure we have quality league and national team some of our clubs reach third round of european champions cup qualifing or UEFA cup,our nacional team every time is on top i there group i we can win any reprezentation in the world,probably we hope you will read this and get decision to make our league in FM

specially thanks from bosnia

www.fmbosnia.com

If they decide to give us the maltese league i can be the head researcher and have a team of 10-20 men giving me the info.

i also agree with that guy that said about the facility to create league. That way ppl can share them and I bet that within a week we would have everyother league in the world!

I agree that the more realistic the better

However, the game would need about 1TB RAM to run and about 60TB memory left

This is not on my computer, and quite likely not on anyone elses either

I believe that the England leagues are fine

Although I would like some more African leagues (big nations only)

A rich-teams leagues would also be nice Uzbekistan(linked with Eto'o), Saudi Arabia(playing Zarate in 08 without signing) etc

I also believe that a league-creator in the Editor would be a great addition (FM10 maybe)

jsolloso: memory usaga depends on number of leagues that is loaded, not on noumber of leaguse that is playable.

EL-taylor and Danny: you want 15 englesh leagues playapble, but bosnias cant have first two or three??? (there is not owne rigts like on J-Legue :D )

Being honest, I'd be disapointed to see more European leagues added ahead of African and Middle Eastern leagues, as Europe already has massive representation, whilst these regions have virtually nil, and some strong teams playing in them. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see leagues such as the Bosnian of Cyprian leagues inlcuded, but I just feel that FM needs to get a much more balanced representation of world football, and not one that mainly centres on the European game.

adding non-european leagues is not connected with adding european. then can add european and african, asian.... at same time. i just tink that is unfair to not make leagues like cyprian, bosnian... whenm they have all teams. i cant understand that. because of that, people now must change other leagues to get leagues like bosnian, cyprian... it is easier to SI to add them. or at least make editor where is possible to add new league. thanks

qatar would be nice

also more african clubs:

Marocco

Tunesia

Egypt

Nigeria

Ivory Coast

European:

Lithuenia

albania

Montenegro

Macedonia

Moldavia

Luxemburg

(all european countries must be added)

America:

Canada

Honduras

Bolivia

Venezuela

Asia:

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

UEA

Thailand

So Si had to do a lot of research ;-)

qatar would be nice

So Si had to do a lot of research ;-)

A repeat: for leagues like Bosniam, Cyprian, Montenegrin, they have both players and teams, so they JUST need to build league (one hour of work)

I dont understand why they dont do this! (they have enough time to do this for FM09 :D )

And Qatar league would be great too.

A repeat: for leagues like Bosniam, Cyprian, Montenegrin, they have both players and teams, so they JUST need to build league (one hour of work)

I dont understand why they dont do this! (they have enough time to do this for FM09 :D )

In fairness to SI, if it were only one hour's work then I reckon we'd see a large number of extra leagues added year-on-year. I'm no coder, but I reckon you'll find it's more like a couple of days' work, plus research, per league. And by research I don't just mean player stats, but checking licensing issues, confirming the way that the leagues and cups work for unusual rules and for entrance requirements, maybe contacting the FA and clubs for certain information, etc etc. I'm sure if adding the leagues truly was easy then they'd be cramming them in.

In fairness to SI, if it were only one hour's work then I reckon we'd see a large number of extra leagues added year-on-year. I'm no coder, but I reckon you'll find it's more like a couple of days' work, plus research, per league. And by research I don't just mean player stats, but checking licensing issues, confirming the way that the leagues and cups work for unusual rules and for entrance requirements, maybe contacting the FA and clubs for certain information, etc etc. I'm sure if adding the leagues truly was easy then they'd be cramming them in.

is that so big work for team like SI have???

• SI Staff

And Qatar league would be great too.

I can assure you it is not one hour of work and is considerably more work than you might think.

@Ter: I know it is not one hour, but it is not hard for you to make league. If swaping Magyar and Bosnian League takes as few hours, it is not much for you either.

So can you tell as when we can expect Bosnian, Cyprian, Montenegrin... leagues? Thank you.

@Ter: I know it is not one hour, but it is not hard for you to make league. If swaping Magyar and Bosnian League takes as few hours, it is not much for you either.

So can you tell as when we can expect Bosnian, Cyprian, Montenegrin... leagues? Thank you.

They won't be in FM09 anyway as Miles said that there are no new playable leagues.

I think implementing a league would be more difficult than you think but I think the main reason is down to lack of researchers.

EL-taylor and Danny: you want 15 englesh leagues playapble, but bosnias cant have first two or three???

You'd find that it's actually 24 tiers in the English system, that's about 140 leagues... Haha. But I reckon it'd be cool to start with a team say, the Wellington Wonderers.

It'll take a minimum of 24 years to be promoted from the bottom of the English system to the Premier League, that would be what you call LLM!

• 4 weeks later...

-Ryman/Unibond/Southern Leagues (Prem AT LEAST)

-Some Oceania Leagues (NZ, ASA, etc.)

-Welsh 2nd Divs (Cymru Alliance, WFL 1st Div. - there are 2 leagues at that level)

-San Marino

-Vatican Clericus Cup lol (joke, but would be cool and I'd play)

-Canada

And I would also like Gibraltar to be in the database. They nearly gained UEFA membership (if it weren't for Spain) so we should at least have the option to make them a UEFA team ourselves.

Rest of the lesser known European leagues in the Eastern bloc. These countries are great for scouting and picking up bargains when your not managing a 'big' team.

Apart from that would love to see the scottish amatuer and lower leagues included in it. Would be great to take charge of my local teams Bonnybridge or Dunipace Juniors and see how far I could take them in the Junior ranks and scottish cups. Plus you could send youngsters there to toughen up.

• 1 month later...

We've all seen how two Cypriot teams (Omonia and Anorthosis) have done fairly well in European competitions (Anorthosis Famagusta nearly qualifying for the knockout stages the better example, but Omonia nearly qualifying for the UEFA cup only to be beaten by Man City still a good example). So here's my question, why don't SI make the Cypriot League playable? Cypriot Football is growing, and Anorthosis will probably have another run in the Champions League next season, with Omonia, APOEL or someone else making a run in the UEFA Cup. If SI can put in random leagues like the Indian league and Singapore league, they might as well put in a league that is increasingly growing. I'd definitely love to manage one of the Cypriot teams myself.

Archived