What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Well, there are 160 teams playable in the start of the game in England, whereas their are only 122 in Spain, but 132 in Italy.

I would like the Tercera Division added to Spain as it is a very hard to league to promote out of, but their are 18 sub-divisions in the Tercera (regional division), which would mean another 364 teams would be playable.

I imagine that of 364 teams, quite a few are needing research, as that is a lot of teams.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't want any leagues added for the next 3-4 FM games.

Why? Mainly because i'd rather manage a BSN team or above and have awesome features for it, then introduce the new leagues.

And maybe the new leagues could be a last gasp effort for SI when they cannot better the previous FM they made?

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Ivory Coast, USL, and if possible I think the NCAA would be extremely fun and different to manage. It would also not take too many researchers since the players come and go every year, so they could just make all the players regens...

USL, Qatar, Saudi Arabia. I really do not think that the English leagues need to have any more tiers. I think it's more important to expand the amount of worldwide leagues. It shocking really that there is only 1 African league in the game.

Africa definitely needs sorting out, all the other continents are pretty well catered for. It would be a truly global game if Africa gets more leagues, particularly Egypt. North America could do with padding out too although we do have the two big leagues there. I don't think Oceania has any professional leagues or even any professional teams so there probably wouldn't be that much point in the short term.

Extra British and Irish leagues are always welcome because there are hundreds of people on the forum who play LLM style or do dafuge's challenge, and people are always looking for a new challenge in their own country. Wales needs at least a second tier, the Scottish Senior Leagues seem to be in demand, and extra levels in England are always going to be welcome because they represent the ultimate challenge for some people.

At the end of the day though, I think I'd be happy with just a couple of new leagues, anywhere. Its been a long time since any were added to the game.

No one really cares how accurate the data is in the lower leagues, as long as we have name, DOB and position(which can be found on their website), it's ok to play.

In fact, fifamanager include many leagues which they know nothing but club names, and they still make it playable

No one really cares how accurate the data is in the lower leagues, as long as we have name, DOB and position(which can be found on their website), it's ok to play.

In fact, fifamanager include many leagues which they know nothing but club names, and they still make it playable

That may well be your view, but that still requires people to go out and collect the data. It would be fine for people who don't know the team, but if you support them, and your star player is sh*te in the game, then you would be annoyed. THe thing which sets FM apart is the quality of the database, lets not compromise it.

in england until the blue square premier is more than enough. starting in the BSN/BSS is not really a challenge as people think because no matter who you chose you can easily promote BSP.

i would love to play serie D, definitely the best league to add in the near future .

That may well be your view, but that still requires people to go out and collect the data. It would be fine for people who don't know the team, but if you support them, and your star player is sh*te in the game, then you would be annoyed. THe thing which sets FM apart is the quality of the database, lets not compromise it.

Then they can add an option to enable "partially reseached league", and tells the players that data accuracy are not guaranteed for these league.

Also, in the current database, most teams in the highest unplayable leagues of many countries have full roster and fixed attribute, so I think they are accurate enough

I guess now the title should read "What leagues would we like from the fellows of the hard-working editing department".

I'm curious, though, which will be now the most requested league, since virtually any can be easily implemented, what will be the interest in obscure leagues and how fast they'll appear; and also if the users themselves will undertake for their own games this editing, since for most lower leagues, it's just a matter of creating the competition with the rules and just adding the almost researched teams or will rely on another guy to be fixing them up with the research and competition :D

• 1 month later...
You want Bosnia - you got it! All our prayers answered. I'd always argued the way to please everyone is to let us edit in the leagues we want. The BEST development in FM in years!!!!!

Totally agree.. best feature ever.. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think it’s just me but am sick of the same leagues, I never manage in England or any of the top countries ie Spain, Italy, so am glad SI has decided to add this editor as without it FM10 is just a snazzy update with a few new features.

Leagues I want Andorra, New Zealand, Wales but with more than 1 division, more French amateur leagues and playable to.

Right, well I'm going ot try to create American Samoa properly (not just a league swa like FM08 which I later worked on in a sort of collaberation with greenwhitearmy), all levels down to Kent League (chance to manage Cray Wanderers and Corinthian, maybe lower so I can manage Orpington), and then work to create a sort of non-FIFA database within the game including all NF Board memebers (including Sealand and the Vatican :D) and Gibraltar and then the accompanying tournaments, the anual VIVA World Cup, the FIFI World Cup every 4 years, etc.

• 4 years later...

Isn't this thread somewhat irrelevent? I'm not saying there's anything wrong in discussing what leagues we would like to see added but SI seemingly moved away from making changes to the list of officially playable leagues quite some time ago.

Given the introduction of a new editor a few years back, their thinking is that the community itself will drive and cover demand for additional leagues etc.

Quite how SI settled on what now appears to be the fixed set of playable leagues would be interesting as there are some strange inclusions/omissions in there but as far as adding new leagues, I think that ship has sailed.

More English leagues, playing below the Conference south/north would be something i'd love to do in FM without using mods.

Same here, my favorite English lower league mod makers have decided to stop updating for FM 2015.

For me it makes the experience more realistic I want a realistic entry point in the world of management. I'm Belgian/Italian btw so it's not due to favoritism, but I see that there are quite a few good researchers for those leagues.

It would breed some new life into the Dafuge challenge as well.

Not sure if it's been posted already on here or not but I remember another Forumer posting something about Regional Divisions (England) being in FM15 this year, as he/she had seen that option from the FM15 Features Video...

I've just checked the video and he isn't wrong...

W1T6Ey.png

Anyone else excited by this?

Archived