9.2.0 Patch - First Impressions Thread

Neji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am running WWSM 9.2 now, and I have noticed some odd things. First, in 2 of the 4 games I have played, during the last 10 or so minutes of the game my change tactics button is greyed out stating that it is currently making changes when I have not, and thus I cannot get in to make changes or subs for the most important stretch of the game. Also, in those 2 games (1 cup, 1 league), at the end of those games when I click on Assistant Manager recommended Team Talk, he suggests "You can win this game", yet the game is already over.

I have also noticed many players just looking at a loose ball a good deal more often then before. I won one of those four games 1-0 due to the fact their keeper rushed out for a ball just outside of the box then decided to stand next to it and admire life outside of the box while my winger came in and smashed it into the net.

Guest iscaboo

Everything working well here with Vista home Premium, HP Intel 6600 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7500

Patch is a huge improvement - although just one niggle. Keepers still seem to be effortlessly passing to lone striker for easy 1 on 1.

Other wise, yer, good work :)

Everything working well here with Vista home Premium, HP Intel 6600 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7500

Patch is a huge improvement - although just one niggle. Keepers still seem to be effortlessly passing to lone striker for easy 1 on 1.

Other wise, yer, good work :)

in the 3 games i did manage to play, i saw this happen three times.

The only difference is that now the strikers miss.

So i guess its half fixed.

please don't let this be true

Keep in mind the fix will only work for New Games and maybe at the start of a new season for competitions. I don't think it will apply to draws of a competition already in progress in your save before the patch was applied.

The patch has done wonders for my Man United team. Before I patched the game we were doing pretty average. Just lost 2-0 at home in the 1st leg of the Carling Cup semi-final to Arsenal. Next two results were a 3-0 win against league leaders Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and a 3-0 win at the Emirates in the 2nd leg of that semi. :D

Patch is absolutely fantastic, except for one issue.

Germany is now Greyed out!, I don't get it. And it seems like I have to start a new game

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SI!!

PM if you have a working solution

It shouldn't affect existing save games...

So this patch has introduced broken shadows for my game :D Whenever a player (or sub/official) is very near to or beyond the edge of the pitch (i.e. taking a throw-in or corner) their shadow stretches into infinity (I guess for I cannot see :) )

Anyone else get this? Was fine before so somethings probably been updated with the renderer. I dont notice any better graphics, but the shadows get screwed.

Also seems to strain my GFX card less... but that might be my imagination after one match.

shadowsqn4.th.jpg

If you want database changes (i.e. Paul Ince no longer at Blackburn) you need to start a new save. If you want all the game fixes etc you can continue with your current save. When your game ticks over into a new season, competitions (if they had any bugs) should be fixed.

All in all I think its best for most people to continue with their current save, thats what I'm doing :)

I just see this changes in match engine and i must imediatelly say:Make GK better? Man on one on one i canot score...why you guys going to make GK even better...insane.Other...make players block ball better...is this a joke?When my winger runs to line and he try cross...and i have Walcott and Nasri,2 best...the ball geting always blocked by defender and i geting corner kick.Not good...duno why you doing that.Other...wingers are not going to pass defender that easily...kool...just you guys have to do something else with engine(like when is set for mixed not play for 70% down both flanks or allow strikers to actually score).I playing mixed but is my wingers who making the game.If you cut them down like this who is going to actually win my game?Goalless strikers?Don't forget that now you made defenders to block better and wingers to have harder way to be evenb able cross the ball...so if they really going to pass all oposition defence and they will cross defender will block it now for 100%?That is plainly stupid....

It shouldn't affect existing save games...

As far as I am aware, the type of file in question is retroactive (as long as it exists, it works).

I never took charge of lower league clubs on 9.1.0 but now I've got the patch and have done so, can I ask if anyone else is having trouble with getting your board to agree to give you a parent club?

My first impressions are very positive.

Played about 10 matches with my previous save because I didn't want to restart, and imo results for the Belgian league are much more realistic now.

Before the patch there weren't enough goals in that league compared to real life but that seems fixed now.

Match engine seems also improved a little and my strikers scored about 50% of the goals now.

I'm also glad my tactics still work well with the 2nd patch.

I noticed also a few new media questions or at least some I haven't seen before.

My youngsters seem to play a little more careless then before also which seems more realistic imo.

My star of the team now really seems more important and much more dominating at first sight.

I'm happy as can be. :)

I can only comment on what i have seen so far, but i am well happy with the new patch. The whole game seems faster and much more responsive in all areas, and the match engine is top notch. So thanks s.i for getting the patch out before christmas:thup:

No problems for me yet, aside from some balkyness while I was seeding the torrent, which I blame on my slightly-below midrange system. The little grey box at the beginning of each match seems quicker...

My only niggle is that, when I hit Confirm after halftime and I've been watching the match in TV View, I'm put back in Classic and have to express my desire for TV again. That, and my open widgets are created before the match box has expanded, and are thus placed where the edges of the Classic View box were. So I have to drag them to the TV box edges again.

All told, though, well done from my point of view...

My only niggle is that, when I hit Confirm after halftime and I've been watching the match in TV View, I'm put back in Classic and have to express my desire for TV again. That, and my open widgets are created before the match box has expanded, and are thus placed where the edges of the Classic View box were. So I have to drag them to the TV box edges again.

Those two issues are also bugging me out slightly. The widgets sometimes move to the edges of the Classic View area when I go to the tactics menu to make substitutions or tweaks to my tactics during a match.

Not game-breaking for sure, but a slight annoyance nevertheless so I would be chuffed if they can ultimately fix this issue in later patches.

So this patch has introduced broken shadows for my game :D Whenever a player (or sub/official) is very near to or beyond the edge of the pitch (i.e. taking a throw-in or corner) their shadow stretches into infinity (I guess for I cannot see :) )

Anyone else get this? Was fine before so somethings probably been updated with the renderer. I dont notice any better graphics, but the shadows get screwed.

Also seems to strain my GFX card less... but that might be my imagination after one match.

shadowsqn4.th.jpg

Same problem for me. Very strange and annoying.

My left back has just attempted an 80 yard header on the opposition goal and hit the crossbar.

Four one month injuries after three pre-season games.

Centre half has just launched a shot on goal from within his own half.

FFS now my left back has launched a throw in from in his own half that has cleared the oppositions crossbar by ten yards.

I think I am going to re-install 9.1.0.

My first impression is quite positive...

I went past the 24th of July in my old savedgame (with Serie C1 enabled) safely and the coaches didn't have their contract automatically renewed... :thup:

The rest of the game seems to run smoothly... no major problems spotted. ;)

Nice job (at last! :D). It seems that we can have a joyful Christmas Holiday :)

thx

A few questions , as I have bene unable to play FM since I installed the new patch :

- Do tactics used in the game pre patch become innefective post patch, resulting in changing tactics ?

- Why has my manager description post install patch became 'under pressure manager ' even though my board are satisfied with my management and im just about to start my second season inc harge of Redditch and did better than expected last season in the BSN finishing 11th (predicted 16th) and having better than expected cup runs , good finincial control etc ?

My left back has just attempted an 80 yard header on the opposition goal and hit the crossbar.

FFS now my left back has launched a throw in from in his own half that has cleared the oppositions crossbar by ten yards.

Ahh yes that would be Rory Delap :D:D:D

Anyone else notice that almost all managers have now become underpressure managers or is it just me?

overall the patch is really pleasing and i can now continue my york city game after a month of crash dumping:thup:

BTW if you want the german national team to be normal players rather than greyed outs just open the fake file in all data folders (normal game data,9.0.1,9.0.2) in wordpad. then change the number after the german national team from a 1 to a 0, then save the document, next time their is calls up you should now get real players (worked for me)

Thanks SI

• SI Staff

I recall a few years ago that someone set their capacity to 500K and all their players were so boosted by the crowd they became supermen :D

Have you been using the editor?

As far as I am aware, the type of file in question is retroactive (as long as it exists, it works).

I never took charge of lower league clubs on 9.1.0 but now I've got the patch and have done so, can I ask if anyone else is having trouble with getting your board to agree to give you a parent club?

I started with AFC Wimbledon and the board didn't find me a parent club right away. I had to ask again in January and they found Spurs and Charlton.

A few questions , as I have bene unable to play FM since I installed the new patch :

- Do tactics used in the game pre patch become innefective post patch, resulting in changing tactics ?

- Why has my manager description post install patch became 'under pressure manager ' even though my board are satisfied with my management and im just about to start my second season inc harge of Redditch and did better than expected last season in the BSN finishing 11th (predicted 16th) and having better than expected cup runs , good finincial control etc ?

Yes, this is big time annoying. Why after 1 pre-season game am I under pressure?? Before I installed the patch I was offered a contract extension but now I could be out? Why?

is anybody finding that this patch is more of a load of bugs wrapped up in a nice bundle for us ( i thank the whingers who make SI rush to get out patches).

gfhgfdhfdgfd.jpg

now check RBCs results below and have a look back at the posted aggregate score in screenie above

hgjhfhydtrdyidf.jpg

I'm using the 2D view, after the 9.2 patch my beloved circular player icons suddenly becomes tiny men (3D style) one by one. Got to select "2D" again to get them all back to small fat circles, I have to do this 10 times during a match.

(Note: I view all matches in full lenght)

And yes, there does appear to be a problem with AI managers all suddenly being under pressure.

Yeh, and I installed the patch in the close season after just winning the EPL and been lauded by the board and fans :rolleyes:

I expect the description will pass; I'm not going to let it bother me after it took 16 hours to download the damn thing (I live in a land of jungle-drum technology).

Yeh, and I installed the patch in the close season after just winning the EPL and been lauded by the board and fans :rolleyes:

I expect the description will pass; I'm not going to let it bother me after it took 16 hours to download the damn thing (I live in a land of jungle-drum technology).

Half of Phnom Penh was probably wondering why their internet connection was down for much of those 16 hours :D

Half of Phnom Penh was probably wondering why their internet connection was down for much of those 16 hours :D

My Germany squad is fine (I am aware of the file that needs doctored/removed) but Japan are still greyed out. Is there an easy solution to this which can be discussed?

Archived