9.2.0 Patch - First Impressions Thread

Neji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Germany squad is fine (I am aware of the file that needs doctored/removed) but Japan are still greyed out. Is there an easy solution to this which can be discussed?

The link escapes me, unless you're asking to discuss it over a few beers in a Phnom Penh hostess bar; I must advise you however, that it can be difficult sustaining an indepth discussion on modding the game with a bevvy of lovelies queing up to 'massa' your crotch. :D

My Germany squad is fine (I am aware of the file that needs doctored/removed) but Japan are still greyed out. Is there an easy solution to this which can be discussed?

The link escapes me, unless you're asking to discuss it over a few beers in a Phnom Penh hostess bar; I must advise you however, that it can be difficult sustaining an indepth discussion on modding the game with a bevvy of lovelies queing up to 'massa' your crotch. :D

So this patch has introduced broken shadows for my game :D Whenever a player (or sub/official) is very near to or beyond the edge of the pitch (i.e. taking a throw-in or corner) their shadow stretches into infinity (I guess for I cannot see :) )

Anyone else get this? Was fine before so somethings probably been updated with the renderer. I dont notice any better graphics, but the shadows get screwed.

Also seems to strain my GFX card less... but that might be my imagination after one match.

shadowsqn4.th.jpg

What graphical settings do you have? Are you playing in high/medium/low? Does it happen when you change the settings?

What graphics card do you have? It *could* be a driver issue but it may be something else.

You are giving all the teachers a bad name Andy. shame on you :thdn::D

So then from what I can see the "woodwork phenomenon" is still a mystery bug that has not been fixed. Does SI even know what is causing this? Or do they know that it even exists?

Happy with the new patch but this woodwork problem was the biggest thing in my moan list. Disappointing.

You are giving all the teachers a bad name Andy. shame on you :thdn::D

You can see why I need my Football Manager so badly! It's the one distraction that keeps me away from all those hungry lassies :cool:

And, hey, if it wasn't for the English teachers here the 'industry' would be in a terrible state! Guys would have to go into bars just to drink - can you imagine!? :eek:

The patch looks good to me. Good work SI. The only thing that bugs me, is that if my MCa has forward runs to often, he always get bad ratings. always!!! fabregas or a crap player - dosen't matter

tbh i've noticed since the patch any dmc, mc or amc are getting rating of 7 or below all the time, seems the 08 problems are back! :thdn:

This patch is not working for me either, I've already posted a message in the technical forum (freezing probleme (p5)), like I said before => when are they going to test this videocard of mine (hd3870x2) ? It's keeping freezing all the time. My first match, 20 or 10 minuts, and bang => freezing. Will it be solved in the next patch?

The woodwork thing was on the changelist. Let me dig it out. Unless you've played it and still are having problems...

Aha. v739 "

- Fixed bug in ball physics that could cause on target shots to hit crossbar instead"

There's also something about long shots for those who couldn't find that...

"

Fixed ball physics bug causing certain long high shots to be on target" v735.

This patch is not working for me either, I've already posted a message in the technical forum (freezing probleme (p5)), like I said before => when are they going to test this videocard of mine (hd3870x2) ? It's keeping freezing all the time. My first match, 20 or 10 minuts, and bang => freezing. Will it be solved in the next patch?

I was reading this months PC Format yesterday, and it was discussing driver problems with that card and the 3850. That might be something to do with it. Make sure you have the latest drivers.

What graphical settings do you have? Are you playing in high/medium/low? Does it happen when you change the settings?

What graphics card do you have? It *could* be a driver issue but it may be something else.

+Everything max (High/Sky/Stadiums/3D Match Cam).

+Radeon X1950 Pro, full-screen @ 1920x1200 60Hz

+Latest drivers (month ago)

Happens on High setting, happens on Medium setting but does not occur on Low (because you dont really have shadows)

Didnt have this problem previously :-/

First impressions :

It gets stuck on the "match" screen. I use split view, text only but with goal replays. Now after a replay it doesn't go back to split view like it did in 9.1.

So pretty disappointed.

Everything else is stuff I can't tell this early.

Neither of my strikers have scored in over 15 hours of football. I heard they'd improved one-on-ones, but they were scoring for fun with them pre-patch and now just seem to tap them slowly at the keeper.

It also said in the changelist that fullbacks now mark wingers better, yet they're far more out of position than they ever were before.

I know the typical answer is going to be "It's your tactics", but after spending a good 3-4 hours setting them up about a month ago, and with the inevitable post-transfer window patch probably going to change everything again, I'm not sure I can really be bothered with it anymore.

Anyone else seeing strange requests from youngsters - like £90 a week when they are already on £400?

Ayeee, Balotelli only requested £120 p/w no signing on fee, clauses or bonuses, same goes for Sakho & Saivet.

Does seem abit odd.

And yes, there does appear to be a problem with AI managers all suddenly being under pressure.

It goes away after the 4th June for me. Looks like it happens when you continue a saved game but for me it was purely cosmetic. Shame really. I was thinking about applying for Man U or Barcelona but then the opportunity went away.

Neither of my strikers have scored in over 15 hours of football. I heard they'd improved one-on-ones, but they were scoring for fun with them pre-patch and now just seem to tap them slowly at the keeper.

I think they fixed it by getting strikers to "place" the ball more often than blasting it. It probably IS your tactics, despite them working well for you pre-patch. Could be as simple as changing the strikers instructions a bit. I set my pacey strikers to "forward runs - often" but reduced their "run with ball" and they've been getting a lot of one-on-ones post-patch.

Minor tinkering should help. Not a big problem. But sorry, yes, tactics.

Uhhm, why is the text on my skin suddenly in White?

@ Roel: You have to clear your cache, see http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82367 for explanation.

@ Steam-users: How to patch/update in steam. Make sure automatic update for FM09 is on and then, just start the game within steam. Then steam will start updating to 9.2.0.

@ SI: I can find patch 9.2.0 and match engine changelists, but where is the DATABASE changelist?

I need that to make the best choice between starting a whole new game (with database-updates) or continuing my recent game (without those).

I think they fixed it by getting strikers to "place" the ball more often than blasting it. It probably IS your tactics, despite them working well for you pre-patch. Could be as simple as changing the strikers instructions a bit. I set my pacey strikers to "forward runs - often" but reduced their "run with ball" and they've been getting a lot of one-on-ones post-patch.

Minor tinkering should help. Not a big problem. But sorry, yes, tactics.

Will give that a go,and see if it helps. Oddly, I dropped one of the under-performing strikers and brought in a 16 year old youth player (complete lack of depth in my squad at the moment!) and he's scored 2 in 2, so perhaps it could just be coincidental and my regular strikers are just lacking confidence.

Still annoyed about the fullbacks though. :(

I see Matt has closed my thread.

What a complete ******. "Go to the tactics forum" he said. How about you tell me how to play the game, instead of relying on customers.

You can tell he never even bothered reading the OP, as I specifically requested I dont want tactical advice.

Some customer service that. "**** off, I ain't answering your question that was directed for a SI employee, go ask some random customers who are also struggling"

Arrogant idiot.

can someone from si explain to WTF they have done with this patch?? It keeps freezing every 5 minutes resulting in me having to Task manager then close fm. There was nothing wrong with freezing in the previous patch so i dont wanna hear crap about my computer no being good enough. The first patch was buggy but playable though i didnt play it out of choice but this one is totally unplayble literally.

Also how the hell i get in windowed mode?? this is no use to me

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64783

because the target field is greyed out and i cant add to it.

Archived