9.2.0 Patch - First Impressions Thread

Neji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, the first thing i noticed bout this patch is that it causes the "team ratings" in tv view not working..... great way to ruin the game.... :S I'm already getting crazy clicking to player ratings screen etc., because between the highlights it doesnt get back to that screen if its selected (also was a bug at fm08 pre-patch....)

ive stayed in tonite to play this game and it keeps FREEZING FFS can si do anything right, its not just momentary frezes its freezes that mean i have to task manager and shut FM down FFS. No problem with freezes with the original game and first patch just now with this one and dont patronise me by saying its me PC cos its not.

ive stayed in tonite to play this game and it keeps FREEZING FFS can si do anything right, its not just momentary frezes its freezes that mean i have to task manager and shut FM down FFS. No problem with freezes with the original game and first patch just now with this one and dont patronise me by saying its me PC cos its not.

technical forum m8, i'm having this problem too. Although it does wake itself up eventually for me.

Sorry if this has already been answered but i just wanna get something cleared up. Does this patch mean that I should now be able to run the game in full screen mode without the chance of it crashing?

My system is:

Asus PK5 premium mobo

Intel core2 quad Q6600 running at 3.2ghz

4gb of g-skill pc2-6400

1x 400gb hdd + 2x 200gb hdd

and 8800gts graphics card

Could somebody please direct me as to how and where to place the "update-920" folder with the 3 folders in it?

Im on a mac by the way.

Many thanks.

Hi,

as i have been told not long ago (on page 5): applications\sports interactive\football manager 2009

Frank

Ok this is just bizarre.

I loaded my last match to see if loading a previously saved game (and so graphics cache) would solve my problem, DURING the game which gave me the stripy pitch.

The pitch still looks awful, but at least it's green.

But now my players have all got names from the previous games. They've got the names of Crystal Palace players lol.

What the hell is going on?

Dicko - that's exactly my problem - tell me your system specs, including motherboard :)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/19/2008, 20:24:32

Machine name: Dicko-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.080917-1612)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: DIXON

System Model: DIXON

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 862MB used, 3453MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

not sure if it's been noted anywhere else yet but...........

the bug that allowed all 22 player names to stay on the 2D classic view, and not vanish when off the ball hasn't been fixed.

also, it still doesn't automatically switch back from watching extended highlights to team screen or match stats screens like it did after the fix in '08.

thought these had been fixed at first, was well pleased then sadly dissapointed again..doh! beating fiorentina 3-2 away from home playing as Roma almost made up for it!

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/19/2008, 20:24:32

Machine name: Dicko-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.080917-1612)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: DIXON

System Model: DIXON

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 862MB used, 3453MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

What about your graphics card? :)

So far the only thing we have in common is that our processor is dual core :p

Is it me, or did the loading times just increase? It took me about an hour to load a new game with all league, large db and Retain Nations on the rest of the countries with Patch 9.1.0. Now I've just cut off the game, while it was still loading a new game with just a bit more than 50% of the league and not even 50% of the divisions, large db and Retain Nations on the rest of the countries.

I've got a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, with a 2,2 GHz Intel Core Duo2 CPU, and 4GB Ram.

It's quite frustrating, as loading times with Patch 9.1.0 still wasn't the best, and now it's worse...:(

Its not like SI aren't aware of the problems with SIS graphics cards?? I am just asking if they think they have fixed them? It doesn't seem like they have. FM08 runs fine on my laptop, its only when i load FM09, I get the blue screen of death. I could understand if we were talking about a brilliant 'graphics game' for pc - but come on, its 22 stick men running around like headless chickens FFS!!My old Sinclair Spectrum could cope with this nonsense?!

So can anyone from SI confirm WTF is going on with SIS graphics cards fix?

I do that but the patch doesn't come up when starting a new game. It starts up with the previous patch

Just choose "applications\sports interactive\football manager 2009" when the installer asks you where to install the patch. That worked for me.

Frank

do these people test the damn game within the space of 20 mins it crashed/froze 6 times i mean FFS come on this is beyond a joke.

I'm not having a go at you here.

But having the game tested on 500-1000 machines is going to be a lot different from having it used on 30-40,000 machines. I wish we could catch everything but it just isn't always possible.

There are issues we aren't going to see, no one across 3 seperate departments has seen this freezing issue for example, and I'm sorry they are affecting you, please report them in the bugs forum with as much information as you can and we'll see if we can help.

• Administrators
where the hell is si if i dont get anyone telling wtf they have done to make it freeze before Peter Kay comes on im gonna lose it big styley.

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode? Do you still get the game freezing?

I have the same problem:(

It's a pre-patch save game. When watching the matches i always have my assistants advice box ticked, but with the new patch that is not possible. I have of course tried unticking the box and then ticking it again. I can not play the game without this feature.

Is this a known problem with the new patch?

I had this problem and posted it as a bug in the bugs forum. But then discovered the solution (at least for me).

Uncheck the box.

Finish the game.

Start your next game

Check the box

That did the trick for me. No amount of checking/unchecking in a single match did anything, but a new match starting with the box unchecked, and then checking it, solved the problem for me.

• Administrators
windowed mode?? i have to play the game in windowed mode??

Go to your preferences, go to 'display and sound' on the left hand side and click that. Then at the top it says 'display mode' change it to windowed.

You should be able to stretch this so it fills the screen fully if you wish. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Go to your preferences, go to 'display and sound' on the left hand side and click that. Then at the top it says 'display mode' change it to windowed.

You should be able to stretch this so it fills the screen fully if you wish. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

windowed mode is greyed out i cant click it

Weirdly Steam was not auto-updating my game even though its set to keep my games automatically updated... Had to manually turn that function off then back on again and only then would it realise there was an update and download it... lolcats.

Archived