Match v739

----------

- Slowed down backpasses, and very short passes a little

+

Match v731

----------

- Fixed keeper coming for backpass and missing it altogether

^

3 reasons that may justify an update for me.

Thank You SI,

Merry Christmas to You.

and second ... nothing happend ... after install the patch ... the games is again 9.1

Do you have the demo installed? If so please uninstall it fully and run the patch again making sure it is auto selecting the correct place for you full installation of the game.

so ... wait ... i update my FM to 9.1.0 becouse i use Leopard ... but ... now i try to patch to 9.2.0 and nothing happend.

I have to download the 9.1.1 patch and install before install the 9.2.0?

I try to start new game ... but there isn't an option of 9.2.0 Db

Marco

When you start the patch make sure you navigate to the correct folder to update.

default will be:

Applications\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

If you run the update without selecting the folder it will not update (unlike the PC it can't automatically see your install).

I've tried again with your instructions and it worked, thanks!

It looks like it defaulted to the update folder for 9.1.1 instead of the main Football Manager 2009 folder, I changed it back and it worked. I'll remember that for next time.

Could you post in the Technical Issues forum regarding your issue? Thanks.

Its not just me who has enocuntered this problem, its already in the tech forum, its been there for weeks, and in fact im sure i read in there over the last few days it was supposed to be sorted in this patch. Il go leave a message there now, but what difference does it make, 1 cd, 2 patches, and 1 unplayable game.

I can not be pleased with this patch when there is still no Portuguese Reserve League and there is still errors in Portuguese Cup structure that I reported right after the demo came out.
There were changes made, but I think you'd have to start a new game for these to take effect.
I don't have the patch yet, but they're not in the change list.

So can anybody from SI confirm if these issues were fixed?

For those experience white font isues could you clear your cache files (with the game NOT running).

To do this go:

XP Users: c:\documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Vista Users: c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

And Delete the 'cache' folders within those.

Then relaunch your game. If this doesn't work then please let us know.

I could install the patch already it's running smooth till now, i can see the database when starting new game everything's fine. I can see the summary page wich i could not see be4. Now my team is first then the nation i'm training in my coach menu. The bug i've mentioned in the coach menu is also corrected. Good job!!! I'll post again later

Its not just me who has enocuntered this problem, its already in the tech forum, its been there for weeks, and in fact im sure i read in there over the last few days it was supposed to be sorted in this patch. Il go leave a message there now, but what difference does it make, 1 cd, 2 patches, and 1 unplayable game.

I understand your frustrations. There were many changes made in this patch to try and resolve these problems, only it's hard for us to tell who they fix the issue for because of the vast array of differing hardware setups. Keeping us up to date on the issue will help us try and resolve this for you. Thanks for your patience.

Game is still hilariously slow during matches. This is a problem that is well documented in the bug forums and is one which SI said they were addressing. WP lads.

If your machine is a low-spec machine or close to the minimum requirements then your game is likely to be quite slow, regardless of how many patches we release.

Game is still hilariously slow during matches. This is a problem that is well documented in the bug forums and is one which SI said they were addressing. WP lads.

It's going to take me about half an hour to d/l the patch, this is the first thing i'll be checking for. The second will be the freezing the bug. If neither have been fixed i will be majorly pished as SI said the freezing thing would be resolved in 9.1 (of course it wasn't) and then in 9.2 - I had my doubts however when even last week the testing team were telling people to run in windowed and asking if it occurrs during the "setting up match" screen - which they've been told the answers to repeatedly since the demo was out.

Can I ask is there a way to make Beckham's loan move to Milan start on the 20/12/2008 and end on the 01/03/2009 because for some reason he is still at LA Glaxaly after the new patch and I set the loan up in the editoe but when I started the game up he was AC Milan.

So it looks like even though future transfer work, future loans do not

Having a big network game problem...

I'm playing on a Mac in a network game hosted on my housemate's PC.

Having a massive problem. At random, some of the results/outcomes of my matches will change after we've "continued" following the match (eg I'll have won 2-1 on my computer, we advance and the result is logged as 0-0 and a different match appears to have taken place from say the 40th minute onwards). This doesn't happen to any of his, or the computers, games and only appears to effect my matches and only some of them with no apparent pattern. Also, the first X minutes of my matches happen as they did in my own game, but again different every time (sometimes the first 70mins are correct, sometimes only the first 35mins).

NB

I searched on the forums to see if this had been raised and found that it had, with a reply from SI saying that it was a known issue and was under review, One EG:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2154023#post2154023

No mention of it in the Change List and I'm worried as it's ruining our FM Game (And my run in to the Ligue 1 Championship!)

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S FIXED!!!!!

If your machine is a low-spec machine or close to the minimum requirements then your game is likely to be quite slow, regardless of how many patches we release.

FAIL.

My machine is not low spec, and if you actually read the threads about the issue in the bugs forums you would see it is affecting people with good machine that should easily run FM. I think there is a problem with those running the game on dual-core laptops of some sort.

It's going to take me about half an hour to d/l the patch, this is the first thing i'll be checking for. The second will be the freezing the bug. If neither have been fixed i will be majorly pished as SI said the freezing thing would be resolved in 9.1 (of course it wasn't) and then in 9.2 - I had my doubts however when even last week the testing team were telling people to run in windows and asking if it occurrs during the "setting up match" screen - which they've been told the answers to repeatedly since the demo was out.

The setting up of matches has been optimised for both 2D and 3D, although performance will vary depending on your machine specifications.

We still have an issue with some hardware running in full screen where the game is locking and we've made some progress but still haven't resolved that totally. We hope to have this one rectified for Patch 3 but the changes we're working on in these areas need more coding and testing time before we're satisfied that we've solved it.

Archived