9.2.0 Patch - First Impressions Thread

Neji

I've installed the mac update yet the game still loads up 9.1.1 (seen in the preference screen)? When I look for the 9.2 patch files in the 'updates' file they are not there. I have targeted the patch to the Mac Partition. I'm quite confused.

Edit: It looks like the 9.2 update is applied to the 9.1.1 data folder - is this correct? Mines still loading up 9.1.1 not 9.2.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried unticking the box and then ticking it again?

Yes, skorp. A number of times. I'll hope that it is just a one-match issue. It doesn't seem as if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. I actually think I'm going to start a new save anyway, so I'll also see if I experience the problem there.

I'll keep this updated.

Read again - no mention of fixing the freezing issue or the laggy ui on match days - someone please point me in the right direction if i'm still missing them?

- Fixed slightly obscure freeze in match that can take 30 seconds or more to resolve

calm down ffs its not hard to miss three items out of hundreds of changes.

ye, but people have already asked that and have recieved an answer in the thread. so why cant you just read through the thread before posting yet another un-needed question. just like all the people whinging about the strikers. when if you actually read all the ME changes it all adds up to something.

Looks good it just took 2 minutes to download on Steam

I have a question though Is there anyway to set David Beckham loans to AC Milan so it starts on the 20/12/2008 and ends on the 01/03/2009, becasue I do it in the edit and everytime he is at Milan at the start of the game

I have download all the patches including the editor patch so all the future transfers work but futures loans do not

Ok, so I am just coming to the end of the first half in my first post-patch game and I have to say 'wow, well done SI'. I was never truly unhappy before (a bit frustrated at some things...but not unhappy), but this really is an amazing change. The play flows like a real game of football, my strikers are playing beautiful, creative football, and the opposition forwards are dragging my defense about all over the place (switching flanks and alternating the direction of their play). It's great to watch.

I'm losing (again) but if the game continues in this fashion I'm going to be straight back to my super-addicted to FM state for a good while.

People have said that if patch 9.2.0 is a success then FM09 will be the best installment yet. I think it could be safe to say that's correct already.

Again I get an Application Error appear saying 'A serious error was encounted and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:......................./My Documents/Sports Interactice/Football Manager 2009/crash dumps

But this time I popped whilist trying to load a new game! When will I ever get to play this game properly!! Such a shame!

I have already sent you the error file previous to this, but again the problem obviously hasnt been rectified!

Could some please help me with this problem! Ive found other people on the forums who have had this problem, but no real solution was suggested apart from 'wait for the patch'

Ive done this, but the problem still persists!

Sorry to be a pain

I've installed the mac update yet the game still loads up 9.1.1 (seen in the preference screen)? When I look for the 9.2 patch files in the 'updates' file they are not there. I have targeted the patch to the Mac Partition. I'm quite confused.

Edit: It looks like the 9.2 update is applied to the 9.1.1 data folder - is this correct? Mines still loading up 9.1.1 not 9.2.

When you start the patch make sure you navigate to the correct folder to update.

default will be:

Applications\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

If you run the update without selecting the folder it will not update (unlike the PC it can't automatically see your install).

2 points I need to raise:

Firstly, I just started my game, clicked on new game and it asked me which database to load (as usual) but then I noticed, I dont have my cd in! Did someone forget to add the cd lock? lol

Finally, I reported a bug with Eufa cup draw in the league stages, was this fixed as I cant find it in the list?

Thanks

Hi there, since i cannot download the new patch trough steam i decided to download it manually but i cant figure it out how to install this patch in a steam version...also now i cant even play because my fm.exe just disappeared and was replaced by appid_10540.exe...any assistance would be cool.

Steam says servers are too busy.

i hope this doesn't meen it was the only ME change:

Match v742 (9.2.0)

----------

- Fixed bug that caused keeper to potentially lose control of ball after he has held it for 6 seconds

nah - there are loads mate

Firstly, I just started my game, clicked on new game and it asked me which database to load (as usual) but then I noticed, I dont have my cd in! Did someone forget to add the cd lock? lol

Finally, I reported a bug with Eufa cup draw in the league stages, was this fixed as I cant find it in the list?

Thanks

There is no need to play with the DVD for FM09...

i hope this doesn't meen it was the only ME change:

Match v742 (9.2.0)

----------

- Fixed bug that caused keeper to potentially lose control of ball after he has held it for 6 seconds

It's funny how the fact that SI are fixing a broken game is perceived to be a 'favour' of some sort, or a present. It's also interesting to note the attitude of some of the SI team/moderators who seem to think that fixing loads of bugs is something that people who buy their game should be grovellingly grateful for, and regularly either ignore or seriously talk down to.

If you buy a knackered car from someone and it breaks down when you drive it, you're not likely to send them a thank you card when they fix it, 'cos it should've bloody well worked in the first place!

Bah, Scrooge is out early...:(

Thanks

If you're on PC you used Uniloc or Steam to install and entered a code to unlock the game.

You don't need the DVD after this.

Archived