9.2.0 Patch - First Impressions Thread

Neji

Hey all, just DL'ed the new patch now... Can't wait.

Just one question though, for a friend: Does this patch mean you can run FM '09 if you're able to run FM '08 on your computer system? ust wanna get this cleared up, thanks in advance.

The game has moved on and without knowing your friends computer specification I can not say if it's going to work or not.

There as been work done in this area though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There have been some changes made to this.

Your thread was closed as we're trying to keep patch stuff in the same place, rather than allowing hundreds of fragmented patch questions.

Fair enough. Not to be dense, but did those changes fix the issue?

Sorry for asking this again but it seemes it was going to be lost in history and i'm an eager beaver.

I'm half way through my 3rd season in the greek league. If i install the patch will the greek league changes i.e 4 teams being in the european playoffs instead of 3 take place straight away???

I don't have the patch yet, but I just read the changelist in detail. I'm pleased with what's been done to the match engine (though let's see how it plays), but disappointed the number of shots hitting the woodwork hasn't been toned down, it's massively high. Also VERY surprised not to see any tweak to the weaker foot of newgens.

• SI Staff
Sorry for asking this again but it seemes it was going to be lost in history and i'm an eager beaver.

I'm half way through my 3rd season in the greek league. If i install the patch will the greek league changes i.e 4 teams being in the european playoffs instead of 3 take place straight away???

Changes to league and competition rules will only work with new games I'm afraid

Only question I have, is whether there's any fix for the extreme slowdown occuring, seemingly at random, from december to march sometimes (happened twice in five seasons on my main game)? Can't find anything about it in the fixlist atleast... (Yes, I did post in bugs-section about it before).

hey guys thanx for the patch ... but here in italy and in europe in generally ... there were some voice about restart a new game or not.

So ... i would ask to you ... fantastic guy of SI ... i have to start a new game to see the action of the patch? Could you ... answer ... for the last time ... if we could go again with the current game?

Thanx ... for all

Marco

Torrenting at about 6 kB/s. Have pity.

33kb/s here but its so slow..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Okay. STEAM hasn't updated me for some reason, so I went for the torrent. Clicked "save" and it claimed to download but I can't find anything anywhere. What's going on?

You'll need to run the .torrent file in BitTorrent or Vuze or a torrent client.

I don't have the patch yet, but I just read the changelist in detail. I'm pleased with what's been done to the match engine (though let's see how it plays), but disappointed the number of shots hitting the woodwork hasn't been toned down, it's massively high. Also VERY surprised not to see any tweak to the weaker foot of newgens.

I think woodwork has been fixed under "- Fixed bug in ball physics that could cause on target shots to hit crossbar instead"

But where is the Newgen weak foot fix???

That is an incredible amount of changes and such attnetion to detail...... i hope everybody can now be happy with the best footie simulation game ever!!

Good luck to whichever team you are playing as!

Biggest thanks go to all the people who have made this game what it is today...all the hard work must be worth it.

In my oipion it is an absolute bargain for around £30......in terms of hours of enjoyment that you will have....superb and well done indeed!

If only you guys could have been around and this clever when the sincalir spectrum came out in the early 1980's!!

Archived