9.2.0 Patch - First Impressions Thread

Neji

• SI Staff
shouldnt even have to download a patch never mind have problems with it. downloaded it rapidshare, press run and 170 file comes up with "sharing violation occured while accessing sports interactive/football manager 2009/fm.exe

ridiculous..any help?

You're not trying to patch it while the game is running are you?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me, or did the loading times just increase? It took me about an hour to load a new game with all league, large db and Retain Nations on the rest of the countries with Patch 9.1.0. Now I've just cut off the game, while it was still loading a new game with just a bit more than 50% of the league and not even 50% of the divisions, large db and Retain Nations on the rest of the countries.

I've got a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, with a 2,2 GHz Intel Core Duo2 CPU, and 4GB Ram.

It's quite frustrating, as loading times with Patch 9.1.0 still wasn't the best, and now it's worse...:(

I'm sorry, I understand peopple complaining if it takes ages to load with 2 or 3 leagues.... but if you feel the need to play with that MASSIVE amount of data loaded, you gotta expect it to take a fair while

actually i want to apologise, i had the game running just didnt notice! very sorry and thank you for your help plus the patch. also I have a game with verona and had the crash dump problem, if i load that game up will i still get the crash dump problem or will it be sorted? thanks

• SI Staff
actually i want to apologise, i had the game running just didnt notice! very sorry and thank you for your help plus the patch. also I have a game with verona and had the crash dump problem, if i load that game up will i still get the crash dump problem or will it be sorted? thanks

No problems :)

If by crash dump problem you mean the July 24th Serie C crash then it has been fixed and you will be able to continue your save :thup:

• SI Staff
Is there a list of database changes anywhere? How do I know if I would like to start a new save if I dont know how much has changed? I've seen Ince/Blackburn has been updated... anything else? :D i.e. Arsenal made more accurate? ;)

There hasn't been any tweaks to the player data as far as I'm aware, just player and staff moves etc.

The Arsenal issues are unrelated to their data, it seems the tactic they use is just pretty spectacular, it's been looked at and tweaked and will continue to be :)

• SI Staff
Little sad that nothing was done about the footedness issue, but Riz said that you guys are adressing the problem, maybe a patch fix in March or whenever the last one comes out?

Like I said earlier in the thread where we discussed this, there are still newgens who are good with both feet, newgens who prefer one or the other and newgens who are right/left footed only, but the percentages in the long run are a bit off (more right/left footed newgens) so we are looking into tweaking those. And like I said earlier, it's not a simple fix because it will require a lot of testing with long soaks to verify the ratio's are staying correct in the long run, but also because the footedness also connects to other attributes and that means there is a lot more balancing to do with the player progress other than just tweaking the footedness alone. So there was no point in rushing a half-ass fix into this patch, because most likely it would have done more harm than good in the long term newgens without proper long term testing.

• Administrators
Nooooo, he treid to help me and i refused it. Jeez of course i did but it didnt work for me.

Please stop being antagonistic, we're just trying to help. What happens when you put the suggested code into the preferences target field - does the game run as normal or does an error appear?

Please stop being antagonistic, we're just trying to help. What happens when you put the suggested code into the preferences target field - does the game run as normal or does an error appear?

in target it just says FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 and it is greyed out too so i cant swap it to what i need it to be

• SI Staff
Cool, thanks... I assume that this change is also save-game compatible, right? - probably a dumb question

I might need someone to clarify this but as far as I know all the changes are save compatible except for database changes and competition and rule group changes, as the Scandinavian language issue wasn't actually an issue with the competition rules (I think) then it should be save compatible but I might be wrong. Sorry

There hasn't been any tweaks to the player data as far as I'm aware, just player and staff moves etc.

The Arsenal issues are unrelated to their data, it seems the tactic they use is just pretty spectacular, it's been looked at and tweaked and will continue to be :)

Many thanks for the reply Antpocolypsenow (jeez, pick an easier name to copy with ones eyes next time :D )

So its their tactic... hmm, interesting. Pleased its been looked at and tweaked. I'll assume this tactic covers freekicks as well. Last season they had 16 goals from IFK and the next team, Liverpool, were way behind with 8. My Newcastle got just four which was about the average :-/

Many thanks to SI for this update - your efforts are much appreciated so close to Christmas.

Oh - as for competition updates/anything else other than database - Would I be correct in saying these update whenever a new season ticks over/is created?

i have a similar problem as dicko. Windowed version just wont work. Its greyed out and when you enter the code in the target field and on running the game i get an error message saying that the game has encountered a problem and needs to close. Why is this? The same method had worked for me in FM 08 but not for 09. Why is this happening?

• Administrators
i have a similar problem as dicko. Windowed version just wont work. Its greyed out and when you enter the code in the target field and on running the game i get an error message saying that the game has encountered a problem and needs to close. Why is this? The same method had worked for me in FM 08 but not for 09. Why is this happening?

When entering '-windowed -small_screen' have you definitely left a gap between .exe" and -windowed -small_screen?

Couldn't see anyone else with this problem.

Update downloaded through Steam(I was more than happy with the original game tbh), launched game and started a match as usual.

Match kicked off, and I clicked 'Carey's Feedback' as usual to get the ass man feedback screen up. After a few seconds, the game went to the 2D highlights screen and I watched the action. When it had finished, the pitch disappeared and went to the 'Overview' screen.

"hmm..." I thought, that isn't where I want to be, so I clicked on 'Carey's Feedback' to get back to my usual screen whilst the game is progressing. After the next highlight segment, the game again went to the 'Overview' screen so again I click on the Ass Man feedback. Long story short, it did this for the whole game. It wouldn't go back to the Ass Man screen from the highlights.

Next match it did the same, so I tried having other screens up before going to highlights, such as Home Stats and Action Zones, and once the highlight has finished it returned to the right screen. It worked fine for me before the patch, so any ideas or solutions? :)

Are you able to start a new game, save it then reload that save?

No, I can't load a save game as I can't even get to the main menu. Got stuck at the screen that says 'loading' in several languages.

edit: seems to be loaded now, did take +15 minutes though.

• SI Staff
Couldn't see anyone else with this problem.

Update downloaded through Steam(I was more than happy with the original game tbh), launched game and started a match as usual.

Match kicked off, and I clicked 'Carey's Feedback' as usual to get the ass man feedback screen up. After a few seconds, the game went to the 2D highlights screen and I watched the action. When it had finished, the pitch disappeared and went to the 'Overview' screen.

"hmm..." I thought, that isn't where I want to be, so I clicked on 'Carey's Feedback' to get back to my usual screen whilst the game is progressing. After the next highlight segment, the game again went to the 'Overview' screen so again I click on the Ass Man feedback. Long story short, it did this for the whole game. It wouldn't go back to the Ass Man screen from the highlights.

Next match it did the same, so I tried having other screens up before going to highlights, such as Home Stats and Action Zones, and once the highlight has finished it returned to the right screen. It worked fine for me before the patch, so any ideas or solutions? :)

We're aware of a few problems with these options and they're being looked into.

It apparently will work if you uncheck the box before the end of one match, start your next match with it unchecked, and then check it all appears as it should

• SI Staff
No, I can't load a save game as I can't even get to the main menu. Got stuck at the screen that says 'loading' in several languages.

edit: seems to be loaded now, did take +15 minutes though.

If you take a look in the Technical Issues section of the Bugs Forum and post a new topic then someone will be able to help you :)

• SI Staff
I'm running the patch on MacBookPro with OSX Leopard and all graphic details are available now. :thup:

Glad to hear it, I ran tests on all of our macs with both Tiger and Leopard and didn't encounter any Leopard machines unable to select all of the options so that should be totally fixed :)

Archived