9.2.0 Patch - First Impressions Thread

Neji

I can't find in the changelist anything about the bug in online gaming, with the results being incorrect in diffrent pages. Is that issue fixed?
Okay I'll post it for the third time.

A fix was attempted for this, we have not see a repitition of this issue at all.

If it happens again please report it but it hasn't been seen.

Ok. It has happened to me and my friend four or five times. We've not tried after the newest patch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So can we not update our games this year then ?

It's working for many people. I can understand your frustration but as many people have said (and I'm not talking about SI staff) there are so many differnet HW/SW combinations out there you can't test them all.

The problems you're experiencing may seem completely unrelated to the game itself. Anti-Virus (haven't even installed one here) is a common cause of many errors. Same applies to SW firewalls and almost any othe rkind of security SW.

The latest drivers (audio, video, chipset) as well as OS updates are quite important, too.

I'm not saying that this is working in any case - I can remember some cases where I actually had to downgrade my drivers to get a game working. A good start usually is to setup a second partition on your hard-drive and install another instance of your OS there, put on drivers and anything else required to run the game and try again then.

I know that this is a lot of work and that not everyone is able to do that but if you can I'd give it a go.

Cheers,

Richard

First impressions are very good. The match engine is excellent and much less annoying, it just looks and feels realistic, although I'll have to play more matches before really having a credible opinion. Goalkeepers seem to be massively improved now because they actually make an effort to dive properly! Also I love the addition of players names being yellow in 3D when they are on a card

There is one bug I have noticed though; players will sometimes run the ball out of play when they are in a crossing position

Just installed first patch, and played first game.

3 mins in and i hit the woodwork.

David Silva had the ball on the left wing and was hacked down by one defender, he managed to quickly get onto his feet, then another defender hacked him down. The ref did nothing, but the the move still ended with a goal, but that's not the point.

Next up i had to take Messi off as he took a knock, then Marquinhos gets injured and is now out for 2 months, and Defour was also injured, and is now out for 1 month.

hehe you gotta laugh.

Dissapointed with the apparent disproportionate amount of Match Engine tweaks compared to interface/usability enhancements. Misplaced priorities in my opinion.

Couldn't give two monkeys if the match engine was 100% realistic if interacting with everything that surrounds it (ie, 'the game') feels like a job.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=75762

very strange: installed patch 9.2.0 and gave an error when try to launch the game --> so it didn't start (unecpected error... fm.exe is corrupt etc.)

I installed everything again and again (clean install + patch 9.2.0) -> same problem... now I installed back patch 9.1.0 and everything works like before. I don't know what I'm doing wrong ?!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=70314

My problem was logged but just updated & problem wasn't fixed.

Now in third season & still have unknown stadium in fixture list & after game stadium is refered to as Tottenham stadium & only get max attendanes of 22000 but on average 19250 coming to see my spurs team so still losting out on money, so far £30m!!

That's better - although they could have linked to it in here earlier on

Or you could have searched for it. They're already inundated with the morons who can't even work out how to download something.

Been playing with the patch for a good few hours now and I'm very happy. This really is the standard SI should aim for on release day - it's not bug free (not even major bug free for some setups) but it's in very good shape and the glaring annoyances are, so far, gone.

Especially for us Mac users, fundamental things like no longer being limited to low graphic detail and match day setup being ten times quicker make a huge difference.

Good work guys, thank you.

Good work SI on getting the 2nd patch out before Christmas.

I have 2 questions - expecting my game to be delivered tomorrow, so wondering whether to install it yet or not!

1 - In the sticky it mentions a 3rd patch. Is it worth waiting for this to come out before starting? What bugs is it going to fix that are currently not fixed in the 2nd patch?

2 - The sticky also mentions to turn threading off. Is this true in all cases? I have a pretty decent laptop which supports threading, and has 3Gb of RAM. Would I be ok to run it with threading, or will it perform better without?

Thanks in advance!

Know any good rams and how easy to install?

Say i get 3 gig of ram would that make my pc 4 gog or will i remove the original 1 gig

Depends how many slots you have.

Crucial is a great site for RAM because they'll lead you through the process of ensuring you get the right sticks, including telling you how many slots etc you have.

1 - In the sticky it mentions a 3rd patch. Is it worth waiting for this to come out before starting? What bugs is it going to fix that are currently not fixed in the 2nd patch?

Definitely not. Unless a showstopper is uncovered the next patch almost certainly won't be out until February - with the data update. This game, with this patch, is excellent. Don't hold off.

Given that we only found out what this second patch fixes today, we have zero idea what the third one will fix.

Know any good rams and how easy to install?

Say i get 3 gig of ram would that make my pc 4 gog or will i remove the original 1 gig

It depends.

Your motherboard will probably only have room for 2 slots for RAM. Download and start up a software called PC Wizard (http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php) to get more information about what you have. If you have 2 RAM sticks of 512MB each, throw those out and buy 1 stick of 1GB RAM and 1 stick of 2GB RAM. In terms of which ones to get, look up the specifications of your current RAM through PC Wizard and do a search for similar RAM sticks (of course, with a greater memory size).

Assuming that you have XP or Vista 32bit, there's no point in getting more than 3GB because the OS cannot see/utilize any more than that. If you have Vista 64bit, you can get 4GB RAM but even then that's probably overkill.

Definitely not. Unless a showstopper is uncovered the next patch almost certainly won't be out until February - with the data update. This game, with this patch, is excellent. Don't hold off.

Given that we only found out what this second patch fixes today, we have zero idea what the third one will fix.

Thanks buddy! Just got to hope my postie is carrying that special package tomorrow then :)

I've been managing Bournemouth and into my 3rd preseason. My rep is still unproven. Is this a bug?? If so, does the patch deal with it? - Couldn't find it on the changelist...

If you are only at bournemouth and only 3 years in then you will be unproven. It would be unrealistic for it to be anything else.

How many leagues / countries are you running and what spec is your machine?

Intel C2D 2.4GHz

Vista 64

8Gb RAM

500Gb RAID hard drive

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

All drivers updated to the latest, hard drive defrag, got about 150Gb free space. I optimise the start up programs so it only load the essential

The game i am running has 18 countries and about 40 leagues. The detail level is set at National. I am playing the game in Window mode. Threading turned on. no stadium and shadow in 3D.

The problem:

From season 3 onward, i notice a incredible slow processing, during December to March. The processing bar would often just stop half way. Nothing happening for 5 minutes, and then carry on. There is no other slow down in the rest of my game. All pages load up quickly, the 3D ME work perfectly fine. All the buttons response well. it's just the processing (after pressing continue) often "stuck" for like a few minutes. And this only occur from Dec to March, not other months.

I don't have that problem with FM 08. I could easily run 25 countires and over 50 leagues without any slowdown, maybe until season 25 or so.

I tried to set the detail level on None before. Make no difference to the processing slowing problem.

I turned off my anti virus and other programs. Again it make no difference to the problem.

The database is large. But I always run the database large and it never have problem in previous version. also i still don't understand why the game run a lot quicker in certain months (e.g. July is much quicker than Dec)?

Ok i'll tell what i've experienced with this patch on my saved game:

Good:

- History Manager stats are now correct

- History summary page is now visible

- Hall of fame is now visible

- Manager menu has changed priority for the club to be first than the national team

- 3d view now show the player name in yellow for players with a yellow card

- The faults or cards doesnt get stuck anymore

Bad

- In 2 games i have 7 injured players 3 of them out for 2-5 months

- Game takes the double of the time it used to take to load the game

Unfortunatly the 2 bad things i found are enough to downgrade to the previous patch.

Btw it's only me experiencing a lot of injury's or there's any1 else?

Ok i'll tell what i've experienced with this patch on my saved game:

Good:

- History Manager stats are now correct

- History summary page is now visible

- Hall of fame is now visible

- Manager menu has changed priority for the club to be first than the national team

- 3d view now show the player name in yellow for players with a yellow card

- The faults or cards doesnt get stuck anymore

Bad

- In 2 games i have 7 injured players 3 of them out for 2-5 months

- Game takes the double of the time it used to take to load the game

Unfortunatly the 2 bad things i found are enough to downgrade to the previous patch.

Btw it's only me experiencing a lot of injury's or there's any1 else?

I think it's a bit early to write the patch off after two games. In my first play of 9.1.0 I scored 3 own goals in 2 games. Was convinced it was a bug but then no own goals for the rest of the season. Just bad luck I guess. When you consider literally thousands of people are playing it for some people sometimes very unusual things will happen.

I think it's a bit early to write the patch off after two games. In my first play of 9.1.0 I scored 3 own goals in 2 games. Was convinced it was a bug but then no own goals for the rest of the season. Just bad luck I guess. When you consider literally thousands of people are playing it for some people sometimes very unusual things will happen.

Well what i meant was in 2 games i had 7 injured players, i've played almost 3 months now but in 2 games i had 7 injured players in the next 2 months i had 4 , but i still think it's a lot of injury or a lot of bad luck i dunno. I'll keep playing on this patch to see what happens. What is good is that what bugged me the most is now corrected :D

I've been getting the injuries as well. 5 players out for 5 months. Started two games happened both times and so far I get a player having to come off every other game.

MC with forward runs still get poor ratings no matter how they play.

In 8 games with on average 7 CCC I've not scored a single one of them, this has been using Man U.

Not impressed at all so far. Think I'll be putting it back in the case till Febuary when they finish the game.

I gotta say the ME now plays out superbly. I can see the players doing things I want and EXPECT them to do and it's like watching a proper game unfold. Totally different from 9.1 and I'm very pleased.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be fixed is the amount of times hitting the woodwork. Granted I've only played one solitary game with 9.2 but in that game the woodwork was struck SEVEN times.

that's supposed to be good isnt it?

Yes. Very impressed with the changes in-game. I've got a suped up pc, very powerful, but still suffered initially with the loading of the match, but no such worries now. Never really bothered me anyway, the few seconds I had to wait.

Match engine itself is mightily impressive. Graphics/animations - they've been sharpend up a little too right?

One thing I did notice, and not sure if this quantifies as a bug (as it might be done on purpose) is that my game kicked off at 12:45, but the 'latest scores' displayed the 3pm and 5:15pm kick offs. Is this 'on purpose'?

So far so good now starting to enjoy playing this even though still struggling at the bottom of the BSP at least when I tweak it works. Good work SI for rectifying the problems but they should have been done prior to release, if this happened with any other product apart from computer software you'd be calling trading standards and suing

Archived