Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

On 14/02/2024 at 23:53, makavali said:

Has anyone actually seen a staff member who's progressing in terms of attributes? I'm pretty sure it was promised as a feature for this year's game. Am I dreaming? 

I'm in 2030 currently and I can't recall seeing any arrows. Just went through my whole staff (40 members in total) out of curiosity and I didn't see a single one. 

I raised this during the first release. Was told it was being looked at but two updates later or so, still not visible.

after years in the game, I know my attribute and staff attributes have changed. So there’s no excuse really to not be able to see the arrows. I have raised it but hey. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/02/2024 at 18:20, The About Average Jake said:

Yes, most of my staff have increased their attributes. I'm not sure if it's something that happens naturally over time or if its linked to the facilities at the club  but it definitely happens. Staff however unlike players don't have the visible green, yellow, red arrows to show improvement or decline.

Sometimes they develop to well and I lose them to other clubs. 

Sorry if this has been responded to after. I’m just going through the thread.

yeah attributes always changed for staff. But this year, a new feature was that staff got the attribute arrows.

something I was excited for because then can finally track their progress. But realised even then, you can’t because staff don’t have a ‘attribute change’ page which I thought then the attribute arrows are a bit pointless lol I have suggested to also have a attribute change for staff but also raised that the arrows don’t appear 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb kiwityke1983:

Has anyone ever seen the TV money for a league increase?

I've had several "new" TV deals in various leagues I've been in and never seen the money increase or decrease.

Usually just exactly the same as the last deal.

yes, I'm managing in Switzerland and TV money went up by 16% (In Season 25/26 I think)

4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Has anyone ever seen the TV money for a league increase?

I've had several "new" TV deals in various leagues I've been in and never seen the money increase or decrease.

Usually just exactly the same as the last deal.

Yes. Greek Superleague was one example for my side. 

Licensed leagues does not increase or decrease tv deals.

Edited by fc.cadoni

vor 4 Stunden schrieb RDF Tactics:

I raised this during the first release. Was told it was being looked at but two updates later or so, still not visible.

after years in the game, I know my attribute and staff attributes have changed. So there’s no excuse really to not be able to see the arrows. I have raised it but hey. 

I have staff members increase as well as decrease attributes...but not that many...a few.

32 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

I have staff members increase as well as decrease attributes...but not that many...a few.

Yeah it highlights an issue. You and very few have managed to see it whereas majority hasn’t. And even when those who get to see it, don’t see it consistently or how it shows for players.

It would’ve been very cool to be told it isn’t working as intended so we can just move on. I think this partly why so many feel they’ve been done over by SI. Just transparency after a promise

29 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

I've only seen decreases when staff are in their 60s except when they've failed coaching courses and their determination has taken a hit.

This might not be considered realistic, but I don't see why we don't have CA and PA values for staff from your technical director. But then staffing in the game as a whole could do with an overhaul. 

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

Yes. Greek Superleague was one example for my side. 

Licensed leagues does not increase or decrease tv deals.

That answers why then I was in Japan, Englands lower leagues and Scotland!

All licensed. Purely by chance.

17 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

Oh mate, I know we’ve touched upon this many a times and it’s defo one of my biggest frustrations too because of the way I play. 

Like you said PPDA is meant as a measurement of a high press, but the way SI measures this doesn’t indicate a high press measurement at all and that’s also why there’s so little difference between high presses and a low block. 

The way it’s meant to be measured (and is measured by almost all providers online) is like you said; the first 60% of the pitch starting from the oppo’s goal, like this:

IMG_2389.jpeg.f7ab29f244b29518d7e30e461211ec23.jpeg

But SI measures this with the first 60% of the pitch starting from your own goal, like this:

IMG_2390.thumb.jpeg.81286a7130acbc53cd1576c36e3d0f73.jpeg

It’s also why the PPDA numbers are lower in general.

With the measurements starting from here is why mid- and low-blocks also have lower PPDA numbers. This measurement negates the area where a high press is taking place. 

Daljit touched upon this subject at the beginning of fm23 and made a vid about it after he talked to SI about how they measure this metric in-game.  

If you play a mid- or low-block you couldn’t be bothered i guess, but the people who want to play a high pressing game now can’t really measure if their high press is working properly. 

I am totally with you on this subject as you know already. 

If that’s the case with how they measure OPPDA, then that’s extremely disappointing (and also could’ve been told that when I brought it up myself lol - stops gimme giving out wrong or bad info In my videos!!!).

it makes it hard for you to appreciate all the really good metrics like defence line height because often when you’re adjusting your tactics according to data, you will be pairing metrics.

but how or why would SI change how you measure OPPDA? Lool 

but I know one thing that could’ve skipped all the confusion. Having a glossary :) haha If none for FM25 then I just know they have no interest in having one. It’s vital for when you are using data.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dotsworthy:

I've only seen decreases when staff are in their 60s except when they've failed coaching courses and their determination has taken a hit.

This might not be considered realistic, but I don't see why we don't have CA and PA values for staff from your technical director. But then staffing in the game as a whole could do with an overhaul. 

Well, i had older Staff (from age late 50s) decrease and some younger Staff increase.

Scouts and Physios did increase "at work" a little and coaches due and after taking coaching courses quite a lot at times but also some not at all.

4 minutes ago, Kcinnay said:

For the first time in 25 years, I've returned to a previous version. It feels weird, I miss the visuals of the pitch, the set piece creator and the people who can help sell players, but it's such a relief to play the ME of FM 23, where there are actual differences in playing styles, where setting up a long ball tactic team can result in a pass completion of 60% while the possession oriented opponent hits the 90% mark. It of cours lacks positional play, but it has differences in PPDA, you can have a style, it's actually visible whether you're into possession or direct football, whether you like to press or prefer to stand off. I really, really hope the last patch of FM24 sort out the uniformity in playing styles in the ME (despite totally different settings and preferences, as others have pointed out), because that's the Debbie Downer for me.

Totally get it, and the only reason I haven't is because I find it hard to go back to something out of date. Instead I'm just not playing waiting for the last patch - but yes, FM23 engine last patch is for me considerably the best engine that was released and I also was hoping that this year's game would naturally be an enhancement of that bringing positional play / possession football into the equation and new roles. Then this for me would have been the best ME of the series.

My only hope, as is yours is that the last patch can bring this about, less the glaring issues / and OP DM roles that can also be exploited in the current FM24 patch. Then it'll be a really well balanced game and also hopefully again become challenging enough to please most players.

14 minutes ago, Kcinnay said:

For the first time in 25 years, I've returned to a previous version. It feels weird, I miss the visuals of the pitch, the set piece creator and the people who can help sell players, but it's such a relief to play the ME of FM 23, where there are actual differences in playing styles, where setting up a long ball tactic team can result in a pass completion of 60% while the possession oriented opponent hits the 90% mark. It of cours lacks positional play, but it has differences in PPDA, you can have a style, it's actually visible whether you're into possession or direct football, whether you like to press or prefer to stand off. I really, really hope the last patch of FM24 sort out the uniformity in playing styles in the ME (despite totally different settings and preferences, as others have pointed out), because that's the Debbie Downer for me.

Yep, right there with you. Three things have killed the experience for me:

• The truly exasperating number of goals from throw ins.
  • Overpowered wing play and crossing.
  • "What works with this engine" rather than "what makes sense for my players" defining tactical setups.

7 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

My only hope, as is yours is that the last patch can bring this about, less the glaring issues / and OP DM roles that can also be exploited in the current FM24 patch. 

19 minutes ago, Kcinnay said:

I really, really hope the last patch of FM24 sort out the uniformity in playing styles in the ME

This is something SI Games staff should probably comment on.

2 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

This is something SI Games staff should probably comment on.

I'd rather they fix it. Afraid for a lackluster comment that things will be sorted out in FM 25. For once, my lack of money makes me invested in the comments. I haven't played FM24 as much as previous installments, and I was frustrated as hell with FM 17 for example (the wide midfielders problem), but even that version greatly surpassed my playing time. (And almost all of my playing time of FM 24 was trying to find a coping mechanism.) The ME is the core, they need to fix it.

11 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

I think there’s some big things that need major improvements. Scouting, and player search to an extent, being one as buying players is a huge part of the game. That area isnt working great imo.

Data and the data hub is another.

but for me (my comment isn’t to say your post is otherwise, just my opinion), the longevity just isn’t there like previously. I get put off some of the outputs the game gives.

for example. The game clearly says Crystal Palace and Hodgson style of play reserved. But when looking at defence actions, Palace end up with the most intense pressing numbers. But this feels like an issue in game as the numbers between all 20 teams is between 1 and 2. So best pressing side can have 4.42 opposition passes per defensive action and the worst can have 5.58. IRL, the difference is way bigger than that. Something is off there. Even in game. I hit the woodwork or miss an 0.45xG shot but it’s offside, the game still counts it. 

but as someone who loves data and (wants to) use it in their saves for tactical adjustments etc, you can’t fully trust the data FM is presenting you with. And data is another big part of the game 

You know, I do agree on the data and the data hub one. That works well in some parts, but not in others, it's also way to clunky for most to use. This is the kinds of things I would expect the performance analysts to highlight whenever some is NEEDED for the manager to deal with. Like a striker underperforming by missing many chances, indicating the tactic works, and the reason for issues is players not structure. Or a defender losing headers too often compared to what is expected. Or the opposite, where the team creates to few chances, but a brilliant striker compensates for it. These are the things the game could (and really should) help the user with, an would work in a diegetic way. Not sure how easy it is to create something like that, but I think that would help in so many ways, both for experienced players and newcomers.

When you bring up both scouting and transfers, I will admit, I've not used it much, a I mostly play youth-only, so I mostly see the selling side of things. And that part has been very much improved in FM24 compared to versions before. It used to be 25 clubs offering the exact same value for the player and all clubs would have equal max values in negotiations. In FM24 it feels more natural where there will be natural variations in both initial bids, as well as how willing they are to negotiate. And I've so far been able to take advantage of it (to get the most for my players), but not exploit it. The scouting and buying part I've only dabbled a bit with in some test saves, and I found it better than the previous version, but I didn't do it much there either. It might work well in smaller doses, but have issues that comes along if you do it a lot, I will refrain from making claims there.

I still maintain the game is a clear step forward in a few key areas though; The match engine is better than it has ever been, and while it still can be exploited by overloads (as discussed elsewhere), I think it plays better than ever before, and it much more enjoyable to watch than any previous version. AI squad management are also much better, and I feel the game world feels more "real" when you get far into saves than before. I'm in 2064 in my main save and I'm really enjoying things still, I see very few cases of teams have 15 central defenders and 0 full backs, as was the case before. And thsoe two things are very important to me in how I most enjoy things.

So yes, the data and data hub is a key thing I didn't mention in my last post, but other than that I think the game's main core gameplay loop is really good now, at least how I play it.

This is the standard of the game, I have a young 17yr old mid who has a PA of 150, in game my coaches have him at 2.5 star PA, start a new game and this time he has a potential of 4-5 stars. 

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I still maintain the game is a clear step forward in a few key areas though; The match engine is better than it has ever been, and while it still can be exploited by overloads (as discussed elsewhere), I think it plays better than ever before, and it much more enjoyable to watch than any previous version. AI squad management are also much better, and I feel the game world feels more "real" when you get far into saves than before. I'm in 2064 in my main save and I'm really enjoying things still, I see very few cases of teams have 15 central defenders and 0 full backs, as was the case before. And thsoe two things are very important to me in how I most enjoy things.

So yes, the data and data hub is a key thing I didn't mention in my last post, but other than that I think the game's main core gameplay loop is really good now, at least how I play it.

Agree with all of that except for one piece (the one you don't play with in youth only saves) is scouting needs to be fixed. Otherwise I've enjoyed this version much more than the previous two. 

7 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Agree with all of that except for one piece (the one you don't play with in youth only saves) is scouting needs to be fixed. Otherwise I've enjoyed this version much more than the previous two. 

Just throwing this out there but is scouting nerfed in an attempt to make it harder for the human player to build a squad?

If it was only even a fraction better I think it would make the game so much easier than it currently is.

My ability to build a squad is already lightyears ahead of the AI if I was finding just 10-15% more quality players I'd dominate even more than I do now.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Just throwing this out there but is scouting nerfed in an attempt to make it harder for the human player to build a squad?

If it was only even a fraction better I think it would make the game so much easier than it currently is.

My ability to build a squad is already lightyears ahead of the AI if I was finding just 10-15% more quality players I'd dominate even more than I do now.

I don't think that's the case. They've said in the bug tracker they're working on fixes. Scouts will still find players you manually set to scout but won't find any based on focuses. You can take a premier league team and scout the league and it'll return nothing. Won't even recommend Halaand to you.

That thought did cross my mind though. I'd be fine if scouts chased players who had good reputation/stats but you missed the best overall player. I also think it would work wonders if younger players were more pragmatic about joining your team if you have a number of players at their position already and especially if there were others in their age group.

1 hour ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I don't think that's the case. They've said in the bug tracker they're working on fixes. Scouts will still find players you manually set to scout but won't find any based on focuses. You can take a premier league team and scout the league and it'll return nothing. Won't even recommend Halaand to you.

That thought did cross my mind though. I'd be fine if scouts chased players who had good reputation/stats but you missed the best overall player. I also think it would work wonders if younger players were more pragmatic about joining your team if you have a number of players at their position already and especially if there were others in their age group.

My scouts have been finding me players, just way fewer than I'd expect them to it's rare I'm recommended zero players.

I usually setup the basic region based scouting 1* CA 3* PA and then maybe a month out from the transfer window position down so to speak and setup searches for specific positions I know I want to strengthen in.

I'm often surprised by the fact there's only 2 DMs capable of playing for me in the entire world but not sure I've ever experienced them recommending nobody.

I'll often sign players who are B recommendations though.

I do think the Chief scout is useless when you ask him to set it up. Often scouting for positions we don't use or having 3 scouts essentially scouting the same place eg: Scotland, SPL and Championship etc.

14 hours ago, jc1 said:

This is the standard of the game, I have a young 17yr old mid who has a PA of 150, in game my coaches have him at 2.5 star PA, start a new game and this time he has a potential of 4-5 stars. 

What was his PA in the new game? Did you check?

18 hours ago, Kcinnay said:

Stupid question - but are FM 24 saves compatible with FM 23? 

I am unable to find anything game breaking in this year's version. Even the match engine is way better than it was on those last ones (17-20) that I have played. I remember FM 19 being decent in that aspect while for example 17 was a real horror story and furthest away from football that FM has ever been. 

I find it a bit odd that so many people keep raising for example throw-ins as a specific issue in this version when we have been able to "enjoy" this "feature" of the game for about ten years now. When I worked as a beta tester, I raised tens of examples for every version of the game about this and for example wide area defending but it had no effect back then. 

As SI have been nerfing down many overpowered features of the game already, I hope that player and staff search are the next ones and those will be deleted from the game. I have done this for my skin through a bit of editing but those kind of features as well as all-knowing staff that are able to list players willing to join your club without any talks with players and their agents, should not exist by default. 

2 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

What was his PA in the new game? Did you check?

PA of 150, he had the same PA  in the other save but only 2.5 stars, this time he has a full 4 star potential,  how can there be such a discrepancy. This is one of numerous issues with the games over the past 4-5 years. 

Edited by jc1

35 minutes ago, jc1 said:

PA of 150, he had the same PA  in the other save but only 2.5 stars, this time he has a full 4 star potential,  how can there be such a discrepancy. This is one of numerous issues with the games over the past 4-5 years. 

People seem to miss this time and time again, scouts and coaches in-game can make mistakes, over or under rating players and their potential. Star ratings are a guide based on the staff's assessments, by design they wont always be accurate. It's not an issue, it's what happens in real life no matter how good the scout or coach is. 

On 17/02/2024 at 07:35, RDF Tactics said:

Sorry if this has been responded to after. I’m just going through the thread.

yeah attributes always changed for staff. But this year, a new feature was that staff got the attribute arrows.

something I was excited for because then can finally track their progress. But realised even then, you can’t because staff don’t have a ‘attribute change’ page which I thought then the attribute arrows are a bit pointless lol I have suggested to also have a attribute change for staff but also raised that the arrows don’t appear

image.png.870608b8df13e32c8107084535bca275.png

I do see arrows on some staff - maybe it is just a question of timing e.g. arrows only appear when there has been a change in the last month. As you say, an equivalent staff progress/development page would be useful to see longer term development.

7 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

My scouts have been finding me players, just way fewer than I'd expect them to it's rare I'm recommended zero players.

I usually setup the basic region based scouting 1* CA 3* PA and then maybe a month out from the transfer window position down so to speak and setup searches for specific positions I know I want to strengthen in.

I'm often surprised by the fact there's only 2 DMs capable of playing for me in the entire world but not sure I've ever experienced them recommending nobody.

I'll often sign players who are B recommendations though.

I do think the Chief scout is useless when you ask him to set it up. Often scouting for positions we don't use or having 3 scouts essentially scouting the same place eg: Scotland, SPL and Championship etc.

It seems there's some varying degrees of issues. I've set a scout to find any U18 players in England and had zero results returned. No recommendations, minimal if any players actually scouted in the players scouted tab. Compared to 23 where I got about 30-40 reports in a month from the same focus. None of them were complete but there was some awareness. 

I wouldn't be opposed to having it take longer to get a complete report and have player attributes masked/ranged for longer. Frankly, I wish scouted wasn't so exact, even for scouts/coaches with JPA/JPP of 20. If you're familiar with OOTP I'd love to see something similar implemented here.

It may also depend on the club/facilities/standard e.g. 62 year old coach, goes from Huddersfield Assistant Manager to Utd U18 coach. Working at a better club with better staff and facilities may make development more rapid.

image.png.b16da1f0a48c1c551ce4c5970097f366.png

19 hours ago, jc1 said:

When it comes to assessing youth players the margin of error is much higher than your first team. It's not unrealistic as clubs misjudge prospects all the time in real life.

If you want exact values then you need the editor.

Being able to achieve this in FM, I think would make a mid-block system a lot more fun to use and create. And something possibly that FM could start looking to improve. What do you lot think?

I'm not saying you can't achieve success in a mid-block. You can. But whenever I (my experience) attempt to use a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, I don't enjoy watching how we defend. When using "force wide" in FM, this is what I picture in my head. A compact and narrow shape. But in reality, I get a shape when my wide players are already wide - creating space in between my lines between the wide and central players. They don't defend or shift in a block as a unit. I often get the image attached. A spread-out back 4 and a spread-out midfield 4. My front two actually are set up well. AMC joins ST - stops ball being played to pivot. But from there, I'm not happy with my shape. I've opened a tactical thread on here too, trying to see if I'm missing anything or if others have been able to achieve/suggest what I'm looking for.

You can see in the GIF. From a dead ball. Our RB and RM are so wide. Frosinone have a player just stood there in between my midfield. Free. How can we force play wide when our players are already standing wide? We can't trap them there because they of course won't pass there.

The results have been great, though. Most clean sheets. Fewest conceded. Fewest shots against. Nothing to complain about there. With positional play in the game looking fancy, being able to achieve a solid shape like the tactical example would add to the great game. Not that a mid-block like this should be easy to create and use. but I do believe to an extent, it would get the high-line players to dibble their toes into a different way of playing.

Imageimage.gif.abf77bc8c734370c65864cb2d2b5d64c.gif

Imageimage.png.7618ba4eb3f39201ed346791c6a1b544.png

Edited by RDF Tactics

I have an idea, Lets not make the AI smarter , lets put Spiderman as their Goalkeeper. Im gonna start taking notes how many times i face a superhero as the AI GK.

image.png.a53058f08835195da7d8016b668587e3.pngimage.png.7e2fde3c5afb77827256292884e814cf.png

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

Being able to achieve this in FM, I think would make a mid-block system a lot more fun to use and create. And something possibly that FM could start looking to improve. What do you lot think?

I'm not saying you can't achieve success in a mid-block. You can. But whenever I (my experience) attempt to use a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, I don't enjoy watching how we defend. When using "force wide" in FM, this is what I picture in my head. A compact and narrow shape. But in reality, I get a shape when my wide players are already wide - creating space in between my lines between the wide and central players. They don't defend or shift in a block as a unit. I often get the image attached. A spread-out back 4 and a spread-out midfield 4. My front two actually are set up well. AMC joins ST - stops ball being played to pivot. But from there, I'm not happy with my shape. I've opened a tactical thread on here too, trying to see if I'm missing anything or if others have been able to achieve/suggest what I'm looking for.

You can see in the GIF. From a dead ball. Our RB and RM are so wide. Frosinone have a player just stood there in between my midfield. Free. How can we force play wide when our players are already standing wide? We can't trap them there because they of course won't pass there.

The results have been great, though. Most clean sheets. Fewest conceded. Fewest shots against. Nothing to complain about there. With positional play in the game looking fancy, being able to achieve a solid shape like the tactical example would add to the great game. Not that a mid-block like this should be easy to create and use. but I do believe to an extent, it would get the high-line players to dibble their toes into a different way of playing.

Imageimage.gif.abf77bc8c734370c65864cb2d2b5d64c.gif

Imageimage.png.7618ba4eb3f39201ed346791c6a1b544.png

I guess this is what the "trap inside/outside" team instruction is geared towards. Unfortunately at the moment selecting either is basically a "make my tactic worse" button. Same with allow/stop crosses.

5 minutos atrás, whatsupdoc disse:

I guess this is what the "trap inside/outside" team instruction is geared towards. Unfortunately at the moment selecting either is basically a "make my tactic worse" button. Same with allow/stop crosses.

It's crazy how much of FM has become "select this to make things better, select that to make things worse". And I'm not only talking about tactics. Everything in the game has become just a matter of choice. There's no logic anymore, only decision that you make already knowing the exact outcome. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

To further add to this (although I've no proof from an earlier save) below is an image from one of my staff members. I'm pretty sure when I appointed them, they were not '100%/full green' coach and were more of a scout. I employ them as a coach so I speculate that after a season as a coach, they become 'natural'/full green as a coach and as they are at/close to their PA, their attributes re-weight and drop, just as it does when a player learns a new position.

image.png.8efd0f6b92e92ff1fdcc8f58df1dc70a.png

29 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

When people ask "Why does everyone use gegenpress? High lines, max press etc"...This right here is one of those reasons. Results are fine imo (yes you can get better with gegenpress). But it's how it's represented on the ME. It can be a pain to watch.

I'm first. Fewest conceded. Fewest shots against. Fewest final 3rd passes against. But then, the lowest tackles won. Poor tackle % and lowest pressing intensity (OPPDA). It just doesn't really add up. We're difficult to beat but actually, we're bad in tackles, don't make much interceptions and are not high with possession won. To try and fix that, I'm now using illogical team instructions just to improve our tackles won. One reason it's a problem is because of how spread out we are rather than narrow and compact like force-wide should do with my set-up.

There is a suggestion thread here, right? I didn't know where to put it so I also reported it as a bug. As with these things, a small bit of it is a complaint lol but mostly more of a passionate wish list.

46 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Seriously allow stop crosses is now a new instruction? You can defend narrow but still ask players to stop crosses? Wow. 

7 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Seriously allow stop crosses is now a new instruction? You can defend narrow but still ask players to stop crosses? Wow. 

Well, this is something SI can help with (manual and/or glossary).

Force-wide (I believe) is mainly for your advanced players. When opposition are building an attack from deep, force-wide should work with your line of engagement. Your striker should make a curved run and block off the middle forcing play wide while your midfield are narrow. The moment the pass goes out wide, then the press comes.

Stop crosses will be when you are now defending deep and how you want to force play away from crossing situations. So you can sort of force them wide, then when they start to look to create wide, delay them by forcing them back inside.

I have found a slight worry, though. FM doesn't say that forcing play wide will make your midfield or team narrow. So actually, you *might* just have to play a flat midfield 5 to close off central routes completely.

8 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

I have found a slight worry, though. FM doesn't say that forcing play wide will make your midfield or team narrow. So actually, you *might* just have to play a flat midfield 5 to close off central routes completely.

Force wide should make team defend narrower. But those gifs you posted don't look very well. There's no congestion in middle, no shifting.i I don't know why they keep adding things before old issues are resolved. It shouldn't be possible to ask team to force wide and block crosses at the same time imho.

6 hours ago, Brentford Alan said:

People seem to miss this time and time again, scouts and coaches in-game can make mistakes, over or under rating players and their potential. Star ratings are a guide based on the staff's assessments, by design they wont always be accurate. It's not an issue, it's what happens in real life no matter how good the scout or coach is. 

Definitely realistic. Assane Diao had 3 star potential with one grey(?) star at the beginning of my save but now he's been progressing well been included in the first team, this has changed to 4 & 5. No idea how good he will turn out to be.

I have never understood why some people even want to see the exact PA numbers on their saves and why this feature has been included in some of the skins. 

Edited by El Payaso

This game is really infuriating. Just when I think I've come to terms with the things that I should just accept don't work, I get this... It seems like the most unimportant and clear-cut goals are checked by VAR. However, Manchester Derby, a goal that looked off to me in real time, and not even a check. I've used a ridiculously thick line to show just how clearly this is off-side according to the in-game engine. Why wasn't this off-side? Why was their no VAR check? Issues like this makes me understand why some users think there's in-game scripting, and once again makes me wonder how much users can actually do to make a difference in-game...Offside.thumb.jpg.2041da1b334fe1e32486d8af5120c0ff.jpg