Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

19 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Hi,

Can you post what league you play and the stats from the league? Because in Chile 2 and general in LLM, I find it hard to score from Direct or In Direct FK.

For example:

Corners are 27%

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.332811cca71edc170c9319a0270374c5.png

====

Direct is only 2 goals out of 48.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.ab5bb8fec2326974d080cb5510dd2d41.png

====

In Direct is 1 out of 48

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.6864405a5283245a5196ae8e03f0c3d5.png

====

I have checked EPL to compare it (loaded as playable and Full Detail).

Corners

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.a6e3e6a97c31e3eea1db6d73c7db4c2b.png

Direct

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.b34d3c21170c2360b14234ad6134b780.png

In Direct

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.fadde0b332a3c2e83b92f009924254c3.png

Probably just false hyperbole. Like 99% of this thread. 

LOL if 80% of goals were coming from set pieces lmao, just imagine the nonsense in that. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

Probably just false hyperbole. Like 99% of this thread. 

LOL if 80% of goals were coming from set pieces lmao, just imagine the nonsense in that. 

Probably a side effect of Key Highlight where is a good chance for match engine to show you a highlight. If you judge ME by highlights, then you judge something else and not directly match engine. :brock:

1 hora atrás, fc.cadoni disse:

Hi,

Can you post what league you play and the stats from the league? Because in Chile 2 and general in LLM, I find it hard to score from Direct or In Direct FK.

For example:

Corners are 27%

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.332811cca71edc170c9319a0270374c5.png

====

Corners are 27% because you scored 48 goals in 15 matches. But you scored 13 corner goals in 15 matches. Don't you think this is far too much ? Almost 1 corner goal per match is unrealistic.

Edited by Rodrigogc

3 ore fa, Dadecane ha scritto:

picling madrid and winning EVERY GAME is very ****in easy. 

This is still an issue, you see, because as much as Real Madrid is one of the biggest teams in the world, coaching them in FM and winning everything for years on end shouldn't be so easy.

There are other great teams in the world that should pose a challenge, not just watch from the sidelines. In La Liga, there's also Barcelona, there's Atletico Madrid... in Europe, there's Manchester City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus...

Saying that it's normal to take one of these teams and win everything, always, isn't quite right. Because even if Real Madrid did manage to win three Champions League titles in a row, it was an incredibly rare feat with very few precedents in the history of football. It can't be considered the norm.

Not to mention that the game itself loses a lot of fun if coaching a top team means winning everything with very little opposition.

24 minutos atrás, Muja disse:

Not to mention that the game itself loses a lot of fun if coaching a top team means winning everything with very little opposition.

That is the point. People think that FM is okay because winning everything in a big club is fine, and come up with solutions like "pick a 2nd division team, pick a LLM challenge". I, personally, don't like LLM and managing bad teams, I like training good players because part of the fun of the game to me is watching my players doing what I expect from them on the pitch, and that can only be achieved with high quality players. I tried managing in low level leagues and I simply can't. 

That being said, if  they can't present you a challenge when managing a top team, then the game's got a real problem. Is driving a Ferrari easy ? I don't think so. To me, a good simulator has to give you challenges in every situation, and football is just like that. In a league with, say, 18 clubs, every club has its own challenges, from the top to the bottom. If challenge is only managing a club that is meant to be in the relegation zone, then I must be watching another sport. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

1 hour ago, Rodrigogc said:

Corners are 27% because you scored 48 goals in 15 matches. But you scored 13 corner goals in 15 matches. Don't you think this is far too much ? Almost 1 corner goal per match is unrealistic.

Only one of them was inswing - head and goal. All others was from rebounds inside the area which considered corner goal. 

10 minutos atrás, fc.cadoni disse:

Only one of them was inswing - head and goal. All others was from rebounds inside the area which considered corner goal. 

But that's exactly what people are complaining about. Goals coming from corners and throw-ins, they are happening too much because there seems to be some bug in the way the defenders organize themselves after the ball is hit. The fact that set piece takers get many assists despite their set piece attributes, is due to poor defending. That might have been happening due to the changes in the set piece  creator, but we can't confirm that of course. 

12 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

But that's exactly what people are complaining about. Goals coming from corners and throw-ins, they are happening too much because there seems to be some bug in the way the defenders organize themselves after the ball is hit. The fact that set piece takers get many assists despite their set piece attributes, is due to poor defending. That might have been happening due to the changes in the set piece  creator, but we can't confirm that of course. 

Agree about throw ins, but the comment was mostly about 80% goals coming from direct or indirect free kicks. 

5 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Over a year, 13 top class scouts, 0.5 grey star - 2.5 gold star search, all positions. Only 1 recommendation. 

image.png.8d4f56dc9706119ca0f4854c2d9e0f15.png

I bet if you and manually search for player you will find a lot of potentially good players.

They dont even scout anyone!! it's exactly my experience... i have 1M euros scouting budget, and they find no players... Its like the focus doesnt start, its frozen.

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I bet if you and manually search for player you will find a lot of potentially good players.

They dont even scout anyone!! it's exactly my experience... i have 1M euros scouting budget, and they find no players... Its like the focus doesnt start, its frozen.

Yep. Only recommendations come from manual searches.

36 minutes ago, andu1 said:

They do scout, otherwise your manual search wouldn't tell you anything, as the scouting package only gives you minimal knowledge. The issue is that a ton of these scouted players, despite fitting your scouting focus simply don't get recommended ever.

11 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

They do scout, otherwise your manual search wouldn't tell you anything, as the scouting package only gives you minimal knowledge. The issue is that a ton of these scouted players, despite fitting your scouting focus simply don't get recommended ever.

Pretty cool to miss out on some next Messi tho,,than getting all wonderkids available recommended to you 

11 minutes ago, Davienene said:

Pretty cool to miss out on some next Messi tho,,than getting all wonderkids available recommended to you 

The issue though is that you didn't miss out on him, your scout simply decided that the next Messi wasn't worth telling you about because €20m seemed like a bit too much money for an European top club.

I know this is a moan as old as time and I'm sure I'll be told its tactics or whatever but I'm so tired of the opposition becoming leathal finishers the second they play me.

13 games into the current season I have an XGA of 13.38 yet have conceded 21 times, a difference of 7.62 XGA. By far the widest in disparity in the league. Similar last season. I've changed keepers, I've tweaked tactics but no matter what teams are apparently turning into prime Michael Owen when they get near my goal.

Teams have taken 100 shots against me for these 21 goals- so better than one in five shots against me is going in. The above mentioned XG stats suggest I'm not giving away great chances. In comparison, Huddersfield who sit bottom of the league at this point without a win all season have coneded 37 goals from 238 shots, meaning the shot conversion against the worst team in the league who are concedeing goals at a crazy rate is still worse than it is against me! I've faced the 5th least shots in the league, have the 6th lowest XG against in the league yet I've conceded the 6th most goals this season. 

I don't get it.

28 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

I know this is a moan as old as time and I'm sure I'll be told its tactics or whatever but I'm so tired of the opposition becoming leathal finishers the second they play me.

13 games into the current season I have an XGA of 13.38 yet have conceded 21 times, a difference of 7.62 XGA. By far the widest in disparity in the league. Similar last season. I've changed keepers, I've tweaked tactics but no matter what teams are apparently turning into prime Michael Owen when they get near my goal.

Teams have taken 100 shots against me for these 21 goals- so better than one in five shots against me is going in. The above mentioned XG stats suggest I'm not giving away great chances. In comparison, Huddersfield who sit bottom of the league at this point without a win all season have coneded 37 goals from 238 shots, meaning the shot conversion against the worst team in the league who are concedeing goals at a crazy rate is still worse than it is against me! I've faced the 5th least shots in the league, have the 6th lowest XG against in the league yet I've conceded the 6th most goals this season. 

I don't get it.

Straight after I post this...

image.png.9d25ac77f5575ccf8ca5839801de6a12.png

image.png.0279c93f71843f9efe610febb2ca732a.png

I get games like this happen sometimes but I'm losing the will to live when it is happening every other game for me. I'm creating good chances. I'm defending well and keeping teams and bay. Yet apparently whoever I'm playing against has the most lethal finishers and I have the most profligate. Sick and tired of it.

I am in my 11th season in Colombia and the stupid sqaud unhappiness issue is spoiling what is otherwise a great save.

The main issue is the playing time. its Colombia and there are always 2 games per week , sometimes 3 and you have to rest players. Like their condition woule be around 70% at the start of the match

To make it worse about 5 or 6 team mates then are unhappy for him too......its ridiculous

Has this issue been addressed in the latest patch?

6 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Can anyone from SI (or a mod) explain to us what the FM definition of a late bloomer is and how it works in the game?

If anybody has any in-game examples, that would also be great.

Interestingly I just noticed one of my players is one.

ahBy9wW.png

sKVTnXB.png

gTSnGhT.png

No clue what triggers it, but I suspect it's got to do with some form of reputation increase after a certain age. He was really good for me the first few seasons in the 2nd tier of South Africa, but didn't have any history when I took over the club, so I guess he got a reputation boost from playing well for us and helping getting us promoted?

Just for reference, we mods don't have any more inside knowledge than anyone else in here. Most of what we know are based on playing the game for a long time, as well as reading (way too) many posts in here, and some times save posts from SI devs who have posted here over the years.

3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

I get games like this happen sometimes but I'm losing the will to live when it is happening every other game for me. I'm creating good chances. I'm defending well and keeping teams and bay. Yet apparently whoever I'm playing against has the most lethal finishers and I have the most profligate. Sick and tired of it.

I feel you bro this is Chelsea IRL,  ahead in xg in almost all matches but still losing

FM 24 has more bugs than a Brazilian rainforest. 

I'm having a laugh playing with Dutch side RKC, looking to go up with a straight promotion. I've been doing quite well on the transfer market, selling for about 7 mil. and only spending about 1.5 mil. Financess look great, there is money in the bank, no weird loans and a very healthy wage budget. A payroll of 411K a month, spending only 263K a month. Happy days one would assume. 

Then out of the blue the board takes control of transfers - "Board relinquish control of players sales" - is the message i'm getting on a daily basis. I'm all of a sudden  minus 1.5 mil in transfer 'debt' (I had about 3 mil. to spend yesterday)

What the *%$#@ happened there mate? The game just broke on me in my third season. I'm going up a league with no money to spend, can't even get transfer free players in at the moment because of the negative balance. It's just done. Like that. Flabbergasted really.

image.thumb.png.43620a76670c792a77ac25b7844fc948.png

image.thumb.png.c9ddb66f18a80b7f1cad533151b281f0.png

image.png.def85cefa1dbdcb85d5a9c504e34b928.png

8 hours ago, rodau said:

@fc.cadoni You have the best corner settings so far. Maybe you have found a exploit.

You could share it with us :lol:

I am using this one, the season which I am playing.

Have used various SP routines, inc. mine. Isn't exploit. The only issue with corner, is that you can "reset" the attacking (for your side) if it's not sucessful.

I'm amazed how in a season already halfway through I haven't managed to score a goal from a direct free kick.

I also find it strange that the VAR judges almost don't go on television during capital plays for the match.

I want the ME to be improved in reducing the number of goals a little, bringing back the torn passes (but not turning into a programmed game), I'm hoping the players will become more humanized in runs, in disputes for the ball (I saw this in the beta version), and above all I'm very excited about the editor being adjusted and competitions being updated, today FIFA released the new intercontinental cup, can we wait for that?

2 hours ago, Leon_fogo said:

I'm amazed how in a season already halfway through I haven't managed to score a goal from a direct free kick.

I also find it strange that the VAR judges almost don't go on television during capital plays for the match.

I want the ME to be improved in reducing the number of goals a little, bringing back the torn passes (but not turning into a programmed game), I'm hoping the players will become more humanized in runs, in disputes for the ball (I saw this in the beta version), and above all I'm very excited about the editor being adjusted and competitions being updated, today FIFA released the new intercontinental cup, can we wait for that?

DFK goals do seem a bit low. I score one or two a season with a 15/20 taker in the EPL. 

They actually are fairly rare irl:

Screenshot_20231219-121228.png

Edited by whatsupdoc

3 hours ago, Leon_fogo said:

I'm not sure how much more stress a club can take in real life . Where's the breaking point and when will it happen ? Another new comp .. Club Workd Cup ? Do we really need it . 

8 hours ago, Leon_fogo said:

The problem with how people view free kicks is that they are not as common as people think. I've looked at James Ward-Prowse a few times, as he is currently one of the better ones about (at least in the anglocentric sphere most people in here are familiar with).

On 10/08/2022 at 14:44, XaW said:

I just had a look at James Ward-Prowse's stats and he doesn't score as much as one would think:

2012/13 - 0 in 14 apps
2013/14 - 0 in 34 apps
2014/15 - 0 in 25 apps
2015/16 - 1 in 33 apps
2016/17 - 0 in 30 apps
2017/18 - 1 in 30 apps
2018/19 - 2 in 26 apps
2019/20 - 2 in 38 apps
2020/21 - 4 in 38 apps
2021/22 - 4 in 36 apps

Now, that's a lot compared to everyone else, but before the last two seasons his max was 2 in a season. He averages slightly over 1 per season. Unfortunately, the PL statistics doesn't contain attempts, so I don't have a conversion rate...

Source: https://www.premierleague.com/players/4617/James-Ward-Prowse/stats?co=-1&se=418

On 21/05/2023 at 09:07, XaW said:

How many do you expect per season, though? I think I looked a the stats and even the utmost top free kick takers average only a few per year. I think I looked at Ward-Prowse a few years back and he had an average of between 1 and 2 per season.

I just checked again now, and he has 17 free kick goals in 328 matches according to this article: https://thetopflight.com/2023/02/19/james-ward-prowse-premier-league-free-kick-record/

That means he score once every 19th-20th game on average, so about 1-2 per season.

Considering this is a very high number versus other players currently, perhaps it's not horribly off. How many seasons have you played him as your free kick taker without scoring? If you only have for a season or two, that's not far outside the realm of realism. If you say 5-10 season, then perhaps there is an issue.

So even at the top level, scoring more than 1-2 per season on average is very rare. 

Now, I'm not saying there are too few in the game, there might well be, I haven't looked into it deep enough to reach any conclusion, but I want to highlight that free kicks are happening less frequently than most people expect, so going half a season without one is not anything to be amazed over, it's rather more close to the normality of things.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

The problem with how people view free kicks is that they are not as common as people think. I've looked at James Ward-Prowse a few times, as he is currently one of the better ones about (at least in the anglocentric sphere most people in here are familiar with).

So even at the top level, scoring more than 1-2 per season on average is very rare. 

Now, I'm not saying there are too few in the game, there might well be, I haven't looked into it deep enough to reach any conclusion, but I want to highlight that free kicks are happening less frequently than most people expect, so going half a season without one is not anything to be amazed over, it's rather more close to the normality of things.

I want 3 seasons without scoring one but managed to concede 8 in one season, almost as many as the rest of the league combined 

On 18/12/2023 at 12:25, whatsupdoc said:

Over a year, 13 top class scouts, 0.5 grey star - 2.5 gold star search, all positions. Only 1 recommendation. 

image.png.8d4f56dc9706119ca0f4854c2d9e0f15.png

Im having this issue too-Is this a bug?I thought it was just in my save.....spent hours trying to figure out what i dine wrong

Edited by dannyo666

19 minutes ago, dannyo666 said:

Im having this issue too-Is this a bug?I thought it was just in my save.....spent hours trying to figure out what i dine wrong

Yeah I think the issue is they are not just reporting on player quality but also on transfer cost. I don't really want their opinion on whether the asking price is reasonable.

1 hour ago, MarkusH88 said:

On my save it's not showing the nation/club trained at when I've brought in a player 18 or under, anyone had this problem? My save will be ruined if they don't become homegrown. 

Home-grown status is working fine, only the player profile is bugged. You can check it using the home-grown tab in the squad view.

On 18/12/2023 at 10:56, Muja said:

This is still an issue, you see, because as much as Real Madrid is one of the biggest teams in the world, coaching them in FM and winning everything for years on end shouldn't be so easy.

There are other great teams in the world that should pose a challenge, not just watch from the sidelines. In La Liga, there's also Barcelona, there's Atletico Madrid... in Europe, there's Manchester City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus...

Saying that it's normal to take one of these teams and win everything, always, isn't quite right. Because even if Real Madrid did manage to win three Champions League titles in a row, it was an incredibly rare feat with very few precedents in the history of football. It can't be considered the norm.

Then play as someone else. Stop whinging that a team with the best midfield pair in Bellingham and Camavinga are dominating. Not to mention Vinicious being far and away the best winger and on top of whom you may sign too as you have massive draw to players.

There are plenty of challenges in FM, this one is on you.

22 hours ago, KingCanary said:

There average XG/s isnt too far off yours.

yours: 0.134

theres: 0.085

have you checked to see if there strikers have better finishing, composure attributes to yours, or there players goals per 90 mins?

Bad example to choose,

12 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

There average XG/s isnt too far off yours.

yours: 0.134

theres: 0.085

have you checked to see if there strikers have better finishing, composure attributes to yours, or there players goals per 90 mins?

Bad example to choose,

I think you've missed my point.

It isn't about the result- it is about the fact teams are constantly overperforming their XG in games against me. As mentioned in my first post, after this game I've not had an XGa of 13 yet I've conceded 22 goals, by far the biggest margin in the league.

It isn't about winning individual games, it is about the trend of teams suddenly becoming expert finishers the second they step on the pitch against me.

1 ora fa, dunk105 ha scritto:

Then play as someone else. Stop whinging that a team with the best midfield pair in Bellingham and Camavinga are dominating. Not to mention Vinicious being far and away the best winger and on top of whom you may sign too as you have massive draw to players.

There are plenty of challenges in FM, this one is on you.

You still fail to understand. 
It SHOULDN'T be enough to have one of the best teams in the world to win 5 Champions Leagues in a row, and 5 consecutive championships with a lead of more than 10 points over the pursuers, every darn time.
You can't tell me that it's "normal." In reality, this is not possible, and it shouldn't be possible in Football Manager, either.

Personally, I already impose many limits on myself (such as leaving the entire transfer market in the hands of my Director of Football) and I have found a balance that allows me to continue enjoying myself even when I reach the pinnacle of the football world.
But I understand very well those who complain about the exaggerated ease encountered when managing a top team.

On 18/12/2023 at 18:58, mozza79 said:

can we please remove the players ganging up on manager about another player not getting a contract renewal. i'm sorry, but this not happen in real life. if its the agent, fine, but a dressing room of players unhappy because joe bloggs isn't getting a new deal despite the team flying and him having a few years left on his current one; not to mention the club not being able to meet his ridiculous demands is just stupid.

This happened to me in FM23 when I took over a struggling Portsmouth side. Wayne Rooney was sacked because the dressing room turned against him, and the first thing that happened to me was some rotation player demanded a new contract with an unrealistic wage (far higher than we could afford, and higher than the first team players were receiving). I had to refuse because we literally didn't have the money, let alone that he didn't have the quality to warrant it, and the whole team basically called me into a meeting to demand that he be given what he wants. It'd be great if there was an option to tell them that you have no way of giving a player the contract he wants, even if you did want to give it, though tbh it'd be even better to just stop these interactions because they make no sense to begin with.

On 18/12/2023 at 07:45, Dadecane said:

LMAO. Ok friend. Fact is, I pick madrid and dont lose a single game. Ever. Ive tried it. But I suck, yeah sure. Lmao. Some people just love to dig their heel in the sand. If I picked madrid, I probably wouldnt lose a game all season. Thats not why I play FM. And your comment is incoherent; look at my earlier posts, I do overachieve. I finished second in 2nd div with a team picked to finish 10th, who is currently 12th IRL. So idk where u got the idea that I dont overachieve or that I “suck”. I overachieve EVERY YEAR on the game, I taKE UD Ibiza to la liga and to Europa League in EVERY VERSION of FM, that would never ever happen for Ibiza IRL. 

but NONE of this is easy. Its extremely rewarding to do it, but it takes micromanaging, attention to detail, tactical wisdom, etc. 

picling madrid and winning EVERY GAME is very ****in easy. 

Didn't mean to come across as dickish as perhaps my original comment sounded however to elaborate on why I said it, based on your examples you provided in your previous post:

Save 1:

Ibiza: Season 1 - Expected to finish 1st, came 2nd and failed in playoffs - underachieved

Ibiza: Season 2 - Expected to finish 1st, did so - matched expectations.

Huesca Season 3 - Expected to finish 6th, finished 9th - underachieved

Save 2: 

Real Zaragoza: Season 1 - Expected to finish 12, finished 3rd (promoted in playoffs) - Overachieved

Real Zaragoza: Season 2 - Expected to finish 18th, currently 20th - currently underachieving

My point? I simply went based on the examples you provided. As you said yourself, you've only overachieved once in the 5 seasons you've provided as examples and underachieved in 3 of them compared to your expected league position.