Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

13 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I do have to say after the update the other week, I think this might be possibly my favourite ME of possibly any edition just for the sheer variety of goals and ways you can succeed and fail with a range of tactics, set ups and mentalities. Also feel the game is far superior in other fields such as AI transfers and player development compared to recent versions.

Agree. For all the annoyance I find with player interaction the ME alone has me enjoying this release more than I have for years.

Pleasing as you mention to see rivals snapping up players I normally would, in fact its not just big spending rivals, my scouts pick up young players that I then want to sign and see another smaller club has already snapped them up.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ME is a thing of beauty by the way. Very well done to all involved for making it what it is. Genuinely, it's beautiful. Some of the goals I am scoring, the movement. Simply stunning.

:applause:

12 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Why does the news item about your CL fixtures mentions the 3 lowest coefficient teams you're up against rather than the highest coefficient teams that would actually propose the challenge the news item is talking about? :lol:

afbeelding.thumb.png.2f122861ce93f4e1b8b18562b0d3cae4.png

I'm having a similar thing with the "Top Youth Academies" mail where 2 of my worst ever talents are highlighted as the reason for my spot on the list. 

Why does the email about the AFCON always tell me about ex players who are participating, rather than my current players? This has been on going for years, so maybe I'm just missing the point of it.

Also, I concede more on this version than any other version even when dominating the league. 51 goals conceded with 94 scored. Seems a bit strange

I can completly understand why some aint feeling the challenge anymore, the satisfaction of fighting thru games and winning in a difficult manner. A 1-2 win away in the last minutes gives u that great joy! I mean look at the scores, its almost all easy wins. How is that? Is the AI not doing much anymore to challenge you? Its weird. And the feeling i described above is starting to get me aswell sadly. 

ff.png

I'm getting a lot of highlights that feature my highly composed, reasonably capable passer-of-the-ball Premier League CB kicking the ball directly at the opposition forward. Like, it's not like it was an interception - if these hospital passes happened as frequently in real life there would be match-fixing allegations.

I can understand the odd interception, but can you fix the ME so it doesn't look like players are quite so inept?

1 hora atrás, tropicsafc disse:

Whilst I agree that the game is a little easy, you're playing as  real madrid.

He's playing as real madrid, but the results seem to be off anyway. Apart from the 0-0 against City, he won all the games scoring 3 goals or more, including 5-1 home  against City. The other teams in La Liga should offer some challenge as well, even though he's Real Madrid, you don't see in real life so many scorelines like the ones he presented in a row.  Atl Madrid, Athletic Club should offer some resistance. Of course, we don't know his tactics and all, since he only posted a screenshot, but many people playing many leagues have been consistently saying the game is easier than the previous editions. 

We all might be wrong, not presenting enough data to prove the point, but I think this is a good discussion to have. We've seen in this thread people having too many great results in places like Netherlands, Australia, Spain, Latvia...

I would like someone who manages a midtable team in a big league to post some results here as well, so we can see other examples and add further comments on them. 

10 ore fa, Rodrigogc ha scritto:

He's playing as real madrid, but the results seem to be off anyway. Apart from the 0-0 against City, he won all the games scoring 3 goals or more, including 5-1 home  against City. The other teams in La Liga should offer some challenge as well, even though he's Real Madrid, you don't see in real life so many scorelines like the ones he presented in a row.  Atl Madrid, Athletic Club should offer some resistance. Of course, we don't know his tactics and all, since he only posted a screenshot, but many people playing many leagues have been consistently saying the game is easier than the previous editions. 

We all might be wrong, not presenting enough data to prove the point, but I think this is a good discussion to have. We've seen in this thread people having too many great results in places like Netherlands, Australia, Spain, Latvia...

I would like someone who manages a midtable team in a big league to post some results here as well, so we can see other examples and add further comments on them. 

Atm i'm battling for 1st place in Italy with Juventus......under 26

I'm playing without Danilo, Alex Sandro, Rabiot, De Sciglio, Rugani, Kostic, Milik and with the likes of Huijsen, Cambiaso, Miretti, Barrenechea, Kaio Jorge, Iling Jr, Soule, Yildiz

Did just 10 matches but apart Milan and Inter that are a few points ahead i'm in front of all the others already

I'll post something as soon as I'll have done some more matches but it looks very easy so far (4231 formation, positive attitude, style Ball possession)

Szczesny, Weah (McKennie), Bremer (Huijsen), De Winter ( Facundo Gonzalez), Cambiaso (Turicchia); Barrenechea (Nicolussi Caviglia), Locatelli (Miretti); Iling Jr (Kaio), Soule (Andrade), Chiesa (Yildiz); Vlahovic (Kean)

Edited by steve.bs69

10 ore fa, Rodrigogc ha scritto:

Irl Real scored 3 or more 9/22 matches (Champions included), 5/16 in the League so far, so no doubt in that game they're scoring too much and winning too easily

Edited by steve.bs69

19 hours ago, Mst82 said:

The ME is a thing of beauty by the way. Very well done to all involved for making it what it is. Genuinely, it's beautiful. Some of the goals I am scoring, the movement. Simply stunning.

:applause:

I was impressed when I saw Rashford run the ball out of play but tried his best to keep it in. Never seen that before. 

I'm losing my mind over this. I've replayed two games about 7-8 times each, against Chelsea and Aston Villa. Every time with different tactics, different team selections, different mentalities, different approaches over all. 

I've won the PL, UCL and cup last year as Brighton and have a world class squad. This tactic and the slightly more defenisve variations got me a quadruple last season.

Replayed this Aston Villa game and conceded 3 goals in the first 30 minutes for the third replay in a row. Three goals out of 3 shots in 0.31 xG. 

And guess what, just as I was writing this post, it happened again - for the fourth time in a row, conceded 3 in the first 30 minutes. EDIT: four goals* in under 30 min. Two out of random free kicks.

My world class attackers (attached) shoot every one-on-one and tap-in wide, or in the post. Never seems to happen as bad in home games. Goalkeeper blasts it long when there are no opposition players around my defence with distribute to centre/full backs on.

On a winning streak, finished first in the UCL qualifiers, fighting for the title, could win 5-0 in a home game against 2nd place. Morale of most of my squad is deep green (perfect or excellent). Aston Villa has won 2 and lost 3 out of their last 7 games. 

I'm strongly against FM conspiracy theories, but the games makes it really hard to disregard the allegations that it forces you on a bad form when you're doing too well.

Rant over, but I'm curious if anyone else has tested replays and experienced the same

1.png

2.png

Edited by Mitza

Love how you are down 4-0 on the second screenshot, but you only conceded 3 shots on target :)

However, I've tested this on FM23, haven't really done this on FM24 (but I assume the outcome will be the same), and I think the issue is the press conference/team talks before the game. If you mess them up, it really does not matter what you do tactic wise in the game. YMMV, and this is just my experience, but it is one of the reasons I never delegate the interactions to the assistants :)

2 hours ago, Mitza said:

I'm losing my mind over this. I've replayed two games about 7-8 times each, against Chelsea and Aston Villa. Every time with different tactics, different team selections, different mentalities, different approaches over all. 

I've won the PL, UCL and cup last year as Brighton and have a world class squad. This tactic and the slightly more defenisve variations got me a quadruple last season.

Replayed this Aston Villa game and conceded 3 goals in the first 30 minutes for the third replay in a row. Three goals out of 3 shots in 0.31 xG. 

And guess what, just as I was writing this post, it happened again - for the fourth time in a row, conceded 3 in the first 30 minutes. EDIT: four goals* in under 30 min. Two out of random free kicks.

My world class attackers (attached) shoot every one-on-one and tap-in wide, or in the post. Never seems to happen as bad in home games. Goalkeeper blasts it long when there are no opposition players around my defence with distribute to centre/full backs on.

On a winning streak, finished first in the UCL qualifiers, fighting for the title, could win 5-0 in a home game against 2nd place. Morale of most of my squad is deep green (perfect or excellent). Aston Villa has won 2 and lost 3 out of their last 7 games. 

I'm strongly against FM conspiracy theories, but the games makes it really hard to disregard the allegations that it forces you on a bad form when you're doing too well.

Rant over, but I'm curious if anyone else has tested replays and experienced the same

1.png

2.png

Someone from the company said:

The ME uses the full range of attributes, which can vary over time depending on tons of factors such as consistency, big matches, morale/body language etc. 

What this means is that your 18 finishing striker won't always be 18 finishing 100% of the time, for example if they're inconsistent they may sometimes be playing like a 13 finishing striker for portions of the match.

So in addition to press conferences, you also need to look at morale, consistency and handling pressure such as big matches in your players.

3 hours ago, Mitza said:

1.png

2.png

You're listing off your achievements while also essentially admitting to save scumming :D 

Take the L and move on...

On 12/12/2023 at 08:52, luka_zg said:

So I just watched Lollujo video with tips and he said basically that the installments when buying a player don't work properly? Like, you can buy let's say three 100mil players with the budget of 60mil. Paying the 20mil per player upfront and 80mil per player in installments and then you should pay 25mil times 3 for the next three years. But you don't actually pay those 75mil per season! I mean that is a game breaking bug right there.. I had no idea about this. So if you are the seller does it mean you never get those 75mil per season?

Is this true? Can someone confirm or deny this? This is game breaking if true.

This needs addressing surely - according to Loluju it has been in the game for years.

On 12/12/2023 at 08:52, luka_zg said:

So I just watched Lollujo video with tips and he said basically that the installments when buying a player don't work properly? Like, you can buy let's say three 100mil players with the budget of 60mil. Paying the 20mil per player upfront and 80mil per player in installments and then you should pay 25mil times 3 for the next three years. But you don't actually pay those 75mil per season! I mean that is a game breaking bug right there.. I had no idea about this. So if you are the seller does it mean you never get those 75mil per season?

Is this true? Can someone confirm or deny this? This is game breaking if true.

AFAIK this worked in FM22 and possibly prior to that. In my experience it did not work in FM23 and I imagine, therefore, that it no longer works in FM24.

7 hours ago, Mitza said:

1.png

2.png

There are a ton of factors that go into the ME that you can't influence any more on match day. Also, morale is much more complex than simply "green equals good". If you want to I'm sure someone can win that match for you, but in the end you will have match days where your team simply doesn't show up and by the time the match day arrives it's too late to keep the over confidence, complacency or whatever other factor it is under control. If you're on an otherwise good run just give your team a kick in the arse so they wake up and move on.

Hello! I have a little problem with my tactics. I downloaded a few tactics and when try to load them they are not showing up even though i put the .fmf files in the tactics folder. The thing is that the old tactics that i had are showing up and i can load them but the new ones are nowhere to be found. 

Edited by max44

Do we speak of FM23 or FM24?

In the Tactics Menu you can load tactics and manage tactics:

Load tactics simply loads a tactic but does not add it to you ingame tactic drop down menu.

Manage tactics does add a tactic to your ingame menu and you need to click manage tactic > load tactic to make them appear for adding.

If they dont appear i can only imagine they are for the wrong FM version or in the wrong folder...

In fact, there are many goals at the beginning of matches, and after the team opens a good lead it is almost certain that a goal will be conceded. I have a lot of ideas about making the game as realistic as possible.

AI squad construction must be based on the team's attributes, morale and reputation. The game's algorithm must make the game more difficult in a proportion that is related to what is happening in world football. I see people here saying that this version is very easy, I don't understand it that way:
- A club with a low reputation but with a coach with good attributes can evolve in the save (a fact that almost never happens)
- A great player (attributes and mentality) in a small club should influence better finances and performances in lower-profile championships

The game could be more improved in exchanges between clubs, in loaning players from the base to teams in smaller divisions
A player should have an easier time growing, evolving in saves on smaller teams, transferring to bigger teams and making the selling team have more finances and consequently better players for the main squad.  I'm seeing here on the forum that the scouts are not being effective in the game, I think they should be more active and have more interaction, especially with intermediaries, I don't see nearly any proposals from players that would make the game more real and more difficult.

The morale of the players in the squad, good training should make the team successful regardless of the division or reputation and I repeat, social media had to influence this a lot.

In the old CM's I saw a lot of proposals throughout the season, of course this cannot always happen, but increasing this a little throughout the season and not just during the strong market would give the game a greater diversity of difficulty level.

Regarding ME:
- Many goals are being considered against, when in reality the goal should be credited to the player who kicked the ball and not the one who deflected it
- The balls on the post must be greatly reduced
- VAR is well balanced (goals and disallowances) but the line of whether the ball went in or not is almost not seen as well as goals from direct free kicks
- In this last patch, the game became faster when reproducing the dolls, I think SI could put more "weight" on the dolls, making it seem like the steps are closer to that of a human being, sometimes the players seem to float
- The goalkeepers are practically perfect in this version, I just don't like how in front kicks they jump looking like they slipped or defend from the side, looking to the side and not at the ball that went towards them

I think that players arguing with referees, players gesturing during throw-ins, free kicks, and especially pushing in the penalty area during corner kicks would give the game a great deal of immersion!

Finally, I'm loving this version, I was just really sad about the poor licensing in Japan and serious errors in the pre-game editor, it's very slow to start, if it were possible to check more than one file at the same time that would be great too.

I'm hoping that the patch will be released this year and the game will be perfect for us to enjoy at the holidays.

On 12/12/2023 at 17:04, MrPompey said:

anyone had trouble getting a senior affiliate?

Im at an EFL L1 club, Board agrees to getting a senior affiliate and then nothing else happens

I got a couple actually, but absolutely pointless as I've had zero players from any of them in 3 seasons :D 

3 hours ago, stevemc said:

I got a couple actually, but absolutely pointless as I've had zero players from any of them in 3 seasons :D 

In my case the board agreed to a senior affiliate and advised they would comeback with options but never did. This is an old bug that's resurfaced again

Edited by MrPompey

Any one else finding a ton of goals from short throw ins near the box?

Two in particular I notice keep happening

1. the ball back to the taker, who crosses to the man at the far post to nod in

2. throw in to player who just casually strolls through the defense to slot in.

Also defending second balls from corners is horrible. I fear the play after the corner is cleared more than the actual corner itself :lol:

Edited by Jamieac

1 hour ago, Jamieac said:

Any one else finding a ton of goals from short throw ins near the box?

Two in particular I notice keep happening

1. the ball back to the taker, who crosses to the man at the far post to nod in

2. throw in to player who just casually strolls through the defense to slot in.

Also defending second balls from corners is horrible. I fear the play after the corner is cleared more than the actual corner itself :lol:

Throw-ins - This was an issue in the original FM24 release, have you picked up the latest FM version?

Edited by MrPompey

So they won the title narrowly by goal difference and the Champions League by one goal.

But if SI decide to include for future games a hardcore difficulty that will include micro-managing your games to the smallest details im all up for it.

I want a difficulty that will break all the whiners that it's too easy. :D

On 13/12/2023 at 01:04, Freakiie said:

Uhmm AI? You alright there?

image.thumb.png.ca3477cfa9428fc29a5e42b7371d13ed.png

Yes, that's a €55m BONUS for winning the Serie A on a loan without an actual buy option, for a 20 year old that's like their 5th choice at DM. I hope for Lazio they don't win the title this season.

Could be worse :lol:, €49.5 million to pay when qualifying for the Europa League as Man Utd:

ad23cc134f298ef54cb812e7893b73d6.png

754893cf05d97c6e183ad251996b99de.png

Edited by diLLa88

What I find interesting about this thread is those complaining about people whining. Isn't the purpose of this thread to report anything we find unusual in the game ? Just because people "whine" it doesn't mean they think the game is broken. If the game was absolutely amazing, people wouldn't come here in the first place, they would be playing instead. The best way to praise SI is to play the game and not sit your ass here. If people come here, it is because they have reasons to report something that is making them uncomfortable. In the end we'll want the game to be better, and everybody knows how hard it is to make a game that will suit everybody's tastes, if not impossible, but FM24 seems to be easier indeed, there are countless evidences of that. I asked somebody to post here a midtable team doing well in a big league, and there you go, someone just won everything managing Brighton. 

I'm not much of a gamer, but I think the purpose of any game is to drive people into some feeling of accomplishment, and that can only be achieved with some sort of difficulty. FM is a simulator, saves are supposed to last, otherwise you wouldn't have newgens to replace real players. And for a game to last, it has to present challenges for you to overcome. People say "make the game harder then, play LLM or so". I don't like LLM. I like managing good players, I like watching the matches full time, I like players doing what I expect from them, and that can only be achieved managing teams in top leagues. If you like LLM that's fine, but the game should be challenging in the top leagues as well. 

For the record, I'm loving the ME, it is a beauty to watch the fluidity. But as soon as I see PSG  buying Hlozek paying 80M and playing him 3 games in the season, not even as a substitute, I will complain. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

I think what a lot of people, especially in here, fail to realise is they're good at the game. They've been playing for years, across multiple versions, and sometimes even decades. If not that could have thousands of hours in one or two versions. You are bordering on experts in the game. Of course people like this will find things easier, that's why—like with other sandbox games I play—you have to set yourself challlenges and limitations. Only signing players of a certain nation, only using your youth intakes, only taking people from your scouting reports and not using real world knowledge, or knowledge from wonderkid lists.

A few years ago my uncle, in his fifties, asked me about playing FM. He'd never played it before. Now the man is an expert at football, extremely knowledgeable, and will watch literally every match he can. He's not the type to only watch the games of the team he supports. I think his real world football knowledge would translate well to the fundamentals of FM. But a few years ago the game was terrible at introducing entirely new players to the intricacies of how to actually play the game. I think Sports Interactive knew this as well, and for those past few years there's been a focus on helping people learn the game within the game.

Those years ago I could only recommend FM to students, the unemployed and the retired. You needed so much time to simply learn how to play the game. Now it's a lot more streamlined and if my uncle mentioned it again I'd tell him to pick up this year's version. But the game does have to cater to those people. The people new to the game, who won't use downloaded tactics and don't know there's wonderkid lists out there. If you find the game too easy think about how knowledgeable you are of football or how long you've played the game, even what team you chose to manage and what restrictions you set yourself (and, of course, if you're looking at other people's success they might not be telling the whole truth.)

14 minutes ago, Little Miss Lump Kicker said:

I think what a lot of people, especially in here, fail to realise is they're good at the game. They've been playing for years, across multiple versions, and sometimes even decades. If not that could have thousands of hours in one or two versions. You are bordering on experts in the game. Of course people like this will find things easier, that's why—like with other sandbox games I play—you have to set yourself challlenges and limitations. Only signing players of a certain nation, only using your youth intakes, only taking people from your scouting reports and not using real world knowledge, or knowledge from wonderkid lists.

A few years ago my uncle, in his fifties, asked me about playing FM. He'd never played it before. Now the man is an expert at football, extremely knowledgeable, and will watch literally every match he can. He's not the type to only watch the games of the team he supports. I think his real world football knowledge would translate well to the fundamentals of FM. But a few years ago the game was terrible at introducing entirely new players to the intricacies of how to actually play the game. I think Sports Interactive knew this as well, and for those past few years there's been a focus on helping people learn the game within the game.

Those years ago I could only recommend FM to students, the unemployed and the retired. You needed so much time to simply learn how to play the game. Now it's a lot more streamlined and if my uncle mentioned it again I'd tell him to pick up this year's version. But the game does have to cater to those people. The people new to the game, who won't use downloaded tactics and don't know there's wonderkid lists out there. If you find the game too easy think about how knowledgeable you are of football or how long you've played the game, even what team you chose to manage and what restrictions you set yourself (and, of course, if you're looking at other people's success they might not be telling the whole truth.)

That's a good point, but FM is a simulator, and managing a football team in real life is a very hard task. It's literally defined as a simulation game, meaning, it should resemble real life as precisely as possible and that should ensure that winning UCL in the second season with Partizan Belgrade (!) would basically be an impossible feat. If a person is not ready or capable of indulging in such an experience, they should choose another game instead of SI making this simulator easy and newbie-friendly. There's FIFA, FM Touch, eFootball, and other manager-type football games that are not as in-depth as FM. 

For comparison, Microsoft Flight Simulator is probably the hardest game out there and it's a part of it. You don't see Euro Truck Simulator removing traffic laws or adding autopilot to accommodate new players. The game should be difficult just like managing a successful football club in real life and if there's a beginner who wants the football management experience, they should choose easier options (a different game or picking a strong team) instead of franchise fans making the game harder for themselves. In case they truly need to make the game easier, there should be a choice between an 'arcade' or 'real FM' mode. 

I'm aware that I'm ridiculously good at the game, but as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the game is notably way easier than before. I was just as good last year, but I had to work, plan, and fight for my accolades. There are so many reports of absolutely bonkers achievements during the first seasons which should be an indication that something is not right, even if they're purposely making the game easier for newcomers. 

Edited by makavali

1 hour ago, makavali said:

Nobody is whining, there's an obvious issue that wasn't present in the previous games. Of course, you were able to dominate after a couple of seasons if you've done brilliantly, but winning the QUINTUPLE (5) with Brighton in the second season is and should be impossible unless they've used the in-game editor to get Mbappe, Haaland, Bellingham, etc. Sure, you can fluke out a cup/league win, but this is absolute shambles. 

I've seen the 'you've made your doubters eat their words' team talk more times in these past 2 months than in the previous 5 years I've played together. We should not be making the game harder for ourselves to get a gram of feeling of accomplishment. There's a clear issue with difficulty and nobody is asking for a 'hardcore' mode, we simply need it to be realistic. 

To my understanding SI have always stated their objective is to create a football management sim as "realistic" as possible. At this moment, they are well off the mark in achieving this, with this year's being a considerable backwards step.

If they are no longer looking to create a realistic football management (but more an arcade game like this years is at the moment), then at least be transparent with everyone about this, so people can adjust their expectations for the game. 

I agree completely that FM is a complex game for new people to learn, but almost every simulator is. That is the purpose of simulators, they are not supposed to be so easy to master. I've played many, simulators are the only game-genre that appeals to me, and I found all of them hard to master. City building, Hospital building, etc.. some of them are even anoying to keep playing given the amount of problems that arise and you don't know how to solve. But that is something that comes with the genre. I dropped all the simulators and I only play FM, and it's not because I'm good and experient, since I was a newbie once as well. 

To me it is a paradox that you have the amount of Data that FM presents these days, way more detailed than it's ever been, but at the same time you don't even have to use the tools the game presents to win. It's as if these tools are there just to keep the game up to date with real football.