Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

Agora, phnompenhandy disse:

Oh bejeezuz, yes ALL my squad, for whom I picked photos and added UIDs to my config one by one are gone :(

You have to put a r- in every id, the problem is with newgan manager, right now seems impossible to use because ids aren't extrated with the "r-".

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game language is set to Japanese, but on the player's individual training screen, the order of ability values seems to be ON even if ``Sort player ability values alphabetically in English'' is turned off. will be displayed.

2252570_20231201003618_1.png

2252570_20231201003626_1.png

28 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

You have to put a r- in every id, the problem is with newgan manager, right now seems impossible to use because ids aren't extrated with the "r-".

So does that mean all those sortitoutsi and D11 facepacks are useless?

By "r-" do you mean like this

<record from="23501345" to="graphics/pictures/person/23501345/portrait"/>

to

<record from="r-23501345" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-23501345/portrait"/>

Right, I've figured out what I have to do. This will take me all night, and then they'll issue a hotfix that will jigger me again  :mad:

Edited by phnompenhandy

35 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Only see short name fix and extinct nations but thats ok . Will check later 

You know what, you're right, I think I knew of the two issues (kits and short name) and just saw the kits one despite it not being there.

It is fixed though, checked on the editor prior to the change list coming out.

17 minutos atrás, shj030 disse:

The game language is set to Japanese, but on the player's individual training screen, the order of ability values seems to be ON even if ``Sort player ability values alphabetically in English'' is turned off. will be displayed.

2252570_20231201003618_1.png

2252570_20231201003626_1.png

I confirm, this is also happening in other languages.

Nice list of Improvements, Well done. However, I'm scared that I'm about to find out my overachievement with Colchester and my Philosophy of "You score 3, I'll score 4" is now nerfed and I'll be out of a job come this evening :D

EDIT: I will be disappointed if my Faces have disappeared though :(

Edited by KillYourIdols

36 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

First game since update:

5fa31287c7e543b89805652979b9a10e.jpg

At least not a high scoring game, so that's refreshing. Also more substitutions by the AI, good!

What worries me a bit are the 22 corners, but let's give it a few games before coming to conclusions.

It doesn't worry you that you had 26 shots, 22 corners, x of 2.77 and ZERO goals?

Just now, RealRed said:

It doesn't worry you that you had 26 shots, 22 corners, x of 2.77 and ZERO goals?

I do, but I want to give it a bit more time before blaming the match engine. My next game ended 1-1 with 3.47XG (see post earlier above), so that seems slightly worrying.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

I do, but I want to give it a bit more time before blaming the match engine. My next game ended 1-1 with 3.47XG (see post earlier above), so that seems slightly worrying.

Just so people are aware, FM's xG model is trained on FM match data from the latest engine. So the xG stat will adapt to the finishing of the current engine automatically and is not likely to be representative of any changes to finishing or chance conversion between versions.

11 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

12 minutes ago, RealRed said:

This is the story of my save so far since the beta. I'm worried now as apart from one or two high scoring games (which I considered realistic) I've always had high xG/low scoring games, or no goals at all.

It's actually been very frustrating. Watching my team consistently waste chances. 

Edited by The About Average Jake

4 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Just so people are aware, FM's xG model is trained on FM match data from the latest engine. So the xG stat will adapt to the finishing of the current engine automatically and is not likely to be representative of any changes to finishing or chance conversion between versions.

but the lack of goals scored are.

9 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Is this saying it takes time for the xG model in your game to adjust to the latest model? Or that matches played prior to the update do not reflect the current xG model (i.e. the game doesn't adjust those values post hoc)? 

Has the database been updated at all in terms of individual players?  Was told Scales and O'Riley's CA would be looked at and they don't appear to have been touched.  Waited almost a month for the update and the Celtic squad is still a mess.  

O'Riley still has a lower CA than Ideguchi.  

Scales still default transfer listed because his CA is so low.  

Palma nowhere near Forrest or Haksabanovic in terms CA or PA.  

Yang's CA miles behind Mikey Johnston.  

Edited by celtic_fc

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Is this saying it takes time for the xG model in your game to adjust to the latest model? Or that matches played prior to the update do not reflect the current xG model (i.e. the game doesn't adjust those values post hoc)? 

We run a ton of simulated matches via an automated tool which updates our xG data. We then push that data into the next update so all your xG will update immediately for the next match you play.

Old matches played on an older ME will use the old xG data still, any new matches will use the new xG data. What it means though is that if finishing was better in a new engine, the xG would be higher per shot to reflect that, so you can't really use xG to identify better or worse finishing from a game balance POV since it's baked into the data in the first place.

Just now, Ven-Eno said:

I agree... I don't understand the intention of ruining what users do to create a more immersive game.

Gonna take me all night to put my faces back in my Scottish save.

Why??? Was it something to do with adding Japanese faces or something?

Any why remove the ability to add a photo to y our manager profile? That's just plain mean.

Competitions and Rulegroups

• [Argentina] Competitions now identify the correct winners
  • [Asia] VAR is now used from the Group Stage onwards in the Asian Champions League
  • [Brazil & South Africa] Updates to scheduling to ease fixture congestion
  • [England] Fixed issue where Championship Playoff and FA Cup final would take place on same day
  • [Germany] Update to squad number restrictions
  • [Greece] - Fixed an issue where Greece Super League 2 teams could participate in both championship & relegation group phases
  • [Indonesia] Update to foreign player restrictions
  • [Japan] Updates to match rules and squad registration
  • [Portugal] VAR now to being used in all rounds of the Portuguese League Cup
  • [Serbia] Updates to loan and squad rules 
  • [UEFA] Clubs from same nation now kept apart in League Phase of new UEFA Competition format
  • [UEFA] Fixed issue where correct seedings weren't being applied for EUROs
  • [USA] Further fix to MLS international slots disappearing
  • [Various] Further updates to substitution rules to reflect real world

Are these parts of the update not saved game compatible?

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Kcinnay:

Has pass success percentage been lowered? Even with extreme hoofball settings, it was very rare to get less than 80%.

Would also love to know if pass completion now has more variance depending on tactics and quality of players.

Edited by w3t

I don't really know what people are on , literally now you can play gun-ho without getting punished... ! Even making this hotfix on corners imho wasn't the smartest way possible, but i do appreciate it. 

Beside that, this M.E. ASTONISHING, gameplay improved, everything improved. If people complain even about that, you should start to learn how to play this game, it's very simple, everything start from player selection. 

in papis name.jpg

papis name.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

We run a ton of simulated matches via an automated tool which updates our xG data. We then push that data into the next update so all your xG will update immediately for the next match you play.

Old matches played on an older ME will use the old xG data still, any new matches will use the new xG data. What it means though is that if finishing was better in a new engine, the xG would be higher per shot to reflect that, so you can't really use xG to identify better or worse finishing from a game balance POV since it's baked into the data in the first place.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Find it really fascinating it's trained on itself - that's got to take for ever to determine if its "right".

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Find it really fascinating it's trained on itself - that's got to take for ever to determine if its "right".

It's certainly unique but we feel it creates the best metric - if we based our xG numbers on real life finishing then it's never going to be as accurate within an FM world as when trained on FM data, even though we obviously always strive to make our finishing as close to real life as possible anyway, there'll always be slight differences.

But it also gives us a lot of added benefits when covering leagues where data coverage isn't the best, for example in lower leagues or in womens football it's very difficult or nigh on impossible to get the level of real-life data our xG models require. But when training using FM data we can play all the matches we like, as many times as we like with all the data that we could possibly ask for.

4 minutos atrás, Jack Joyce disse:

It's certainly unique but we feel it creates the best metric - if we based our xG numbers on real life finishing then it's never going to be as accurate within an FM world as when trained on FM data, even though we obviously always strive to make our finishing as close to real life as possible anyway, there'll always be slight differences.

But it also gives us a lot of added benefits when covering leagues where data coverage isn't the best, for example in lower leagues or in womens football it's very difficult or nigh on impossible to get the level of real-life data our xG models require. But when training using FM data we can play all the matches we like, as many times as we like with all the data that we could possibly ask for.

Is it normal that in the portuguese translation the attributes in the development hub are sorted like the english one? It's kinda odd.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Razor940 said:

Is it normal that in the portuguese translation the attributes in the development hub are sorted like the english one? It's kinda odd.

I have no idea sorry, I'm all about the Match Engine so when it comes to this sort of thing I know as much as you do. Best to report it as a bug in the bugs forum and someone will let you know.

29 minutos atrás, Ven-Eno disse:

I agree... I don't understand the intention of ruining what users do to create a more immersive game.

Because there was a problem where a lot of regens were robbing existing faces from the cutout facepack and etc. 

Anw, in the Zealand discord they got a workaround for newgan manager:

This is a temporary fix for NewGan breaking on the new update. (I recommend waiting for the official fix as this might cause other issues. Do it at your own risk)

Go to:
C:\Users\(YouUser)\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\app

Open profile_manager.py in an editor of some sort.
Edit line 80 from 
xml_string.append("<record from=\"{}\" to=\"graphics/pictures/person/{}/portrait\"/>".format(dat[1]+"/"+dat[2], dat[0]))

to 
xml_string.append("<record from=\"{}\" to=\"graphics/pictures/person/r-{}/portrait\"/>".format(dat[1]+"/"+dat[2], dat[0]))

Copy your current config and store it elsewhere incase of issues.
Rerun the NewGan profile on preserve to keep previous data.

Big props to Brogan

Conveniently, the SI Staff have ignored all the comments highlighting the fact our managers' custom profile pictures have reverted to the generic 3D-newgen ones (guessing because of the 'r-' unique ID changes), and that the ‘Change Profile Picture’ option has now disappeared from the preferences menu, to enable us to get our real png faces back in game for our controlled manager. Why? And how/where can we reupload our custom manager pics?

Edited by oko030

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

After the patch i have a bug in the 3rd Engine that all the players have the same faces 

Hello, can you please verify your game files and clear your cache and preference folder.

You can see how in the links below.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454389352593-How-to-verify-the-integrity-of-Football-Manager-s-files-

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454208745745-How-to-remove-my-caches-and-or-preferences-folders-in-Football-Manager-

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

I don't know if it's just me, but the appearances of the players on the field are different from those in real life. For example, Haaland has black hair, De Bruyne has black hair and is bald on top, etc.

Hi There

I've just checked this internally for you and it seems fine for us?

Can you try closing the game, clearing your cache and starting it up again to see if this fixes it?

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454208745745-How-to-remove-my-caches-and-or-preferences-folders-in-Football-Manager-

Thanks

Scared to relaod my save if all of the Negen faces are lost. I have soent so long getting this done.

Can I stop automatic updates ?

If I lose my Regen faces I dont think I can play FM as this current save will be totally ruined

1 minuto atrás, Womaz disse:

Scared to relaod my save if all of the Negen faces are lost. I have soent so long getting this done.

Can I stop automatic updates ?

If I lose my Regen faces I dont think I can play FM as this current save will be totally ruined

If you do this to the Config file present on the NEWGAN facepack, all will be good for the faces you have already.

Open the config.xml with a text editor and use "search/replace" to change "200" to "r-200".

It worked fine for me.