The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

6 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

The release of the beta is largely beneficial to them though, because it gives them large amounts of data to iron out issues and bugs and make their product and the company better and more valuable.

If they just released it on a pre-announced date every year, with no room for grey areas, I think most people would be totally fine. 

I don't think people should be unpleasant or abusive ever, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect some comms in the lead up to the release of a product that many people have paid a decent amount of money for. People are genuinely planning days off work or hanging around here for days, wondering when it might be. Is it so outrageous to ask that a member of the team comes on and says ''it won't be today'' at midday each day, or ''it's at least a few days away''?

But they do. They say clearly it'll be out a minimum of 2 weeks before the full release. If you're booking days of work to play it, you just book from 14 days before full release?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

You're right, but obviously it's not really is it? 99% of the final product comes out 2/3 weeks early, so effectively it's out before then. And many of us have paid for the early access, as we do every year.

Look it's an amazing game, an amazing product and it's given us all so much pleasure for a long time. Incredible work they do. I just don't think it would hurt to have better comms in the lead up to the release of the beta. Constructive criticism.

No the Pre-Editor doesn't come out until Nov 6th . Many people use it 

4 minutes ago, KingBuzzo15 said:

Wouldn't want it to be tomorrow, cos that means Epic were right, and no-one wants that

But it also means I was right from the start, and that would be insufferable to a large percentage of posters. :lol:

But despite the humour value involved in such a scenario, my desire to actually play the new game is far, far stronger. So, tonight please folks. 

Just now, Kingstontom88 said:

A lot of faith lost on this page - we need a sign...*waits for someone to share pic of a sign*

"Beta" came out a couple of times in the letters games on today's Countdown.

Don't lose faith just yet folks.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

But it also means I was right from the start, and that would be insufferable to a large percentage of posters. :lol:

But despite the humour value involved in such a scenario, my desire to actually play the new game is far, far stronger. So, tonight please folks. 

I also predicted the 19th as it's literally the only date that means I won't be able to play it for days and they do it every year to me...mine and Miles entirely one sided rivalry continues unabated!

Just now, gunner86 said:

So, Buffalo hey, what's that like?

Well, we love to drink, watch our Buffalo Bills and eat good food 

oh, and don’t forget the crippling blizzards that leave us trapped in our homes for days

I love it! 

1 minute ago, thomas_e said:

They can release it when they want, but previous years they have usually posted here that its not coming on that day. Would be good if they could keep that tradition! 

Or bucked tradition and announced the beta release in here first

15 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

The release of the beta is largely beneficial to them though, because it gives them large amounts of data to iron out issues and bugs and make their product and the company better and more valuable.

If they just released it on a pre-announced date every year, with no room for grey areas, I think most people would be totally fine. 

I don't think people should be unpleasant or abusive ever, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect some comms in the lead up to the release of a product that many people have paid a decent amount of money for. People are genuinely planning days off work or hanging around here for days, wondering when it might be. Is it so outrageous to ask that a member of the team comes on and says ''it won't be today'' at midday each day, or ''it's at least a few days away''?

i can understand the frustration but they are very clear about it every year, they have a general idea when they want to release it and if its ready they will do it on that day but if they told you it would be on the 19th at 6pm and something went wrong that delayed it would you be calm and accept it or would you be angry as you planned time off around the beta release??

2 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

At least DrBenji has a version...thats all that matters right 

He's a funny guy, always came across as some sort of self appointed mob boss of football manager youtubers.  I might not have seen enough of him but what a thoroughly charmless guy.

1 minute ago, PGHJuice said:

Well, we love to drink, watch our Buffalo Bills and eat good food 

oh, and don’t forget the crippling blizzards that leave us trapped in our homes for days

I love it! 

I do like the sound of those blizzards.

And America does go nuts for it's sport. Went to my first Baseball game in April, had a cracking time.