The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

12 minutes ago, doctorbenjy said:

Hello SI Forum friends, I'd consider myself an ambassador for FM creators/youtubers as I hope the rest of them would too, none of us care if you have opinions on the quality of the videos, if you're not into it, you're not into it, but last year and this I continue to see comments that I think either go a little to far, or just aren't in the slightest bit necessary when it will absolutely come across as a thinly veiled attack. This was something I personally discussed with various people at SI who agreed, so while the excitement for FM24 is at all time high, having met everyone who creates videos around FM24, everyone is lovely, most love the game in the exact same way as anyone who posts on these forums, please do remember that. Lots of love x

People can have their opinions benj. 

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has been slagging off FM content YouTubers ?

What have I missed as I have been reading all the comments but didn't see anything too bad other then someone say there wasn't much quality YouTubers doing good FM content.

He was just someone who was sharing his opinion. I didn't agree with him as I love watching @doctorbenjy, lollujo, WorkThe Space, Zealand, Loki Doki etc but he is entitled to not like it.

1 час назад, Kyle Brown сказал:

Rangers got a new manager if that's the great news you're referring to? 

Did I tell you the joke that bringing Gerrard to Rangers was the best decision?  because Celtic was coached by Rogers, and Steven knows from his Liverpool days how to deprive him of gold medals :rolleyes:

Edited by Novem9

1 minute ago, KingBuzzo15 said:

I haven't had the adblocker warning in a few days now, though it may be because of location, I'm in the UK.

If they keep doing that I’ll just take advantage of windows being able to run android apps and use newpipe or just any android emulator 

2 minutes ago, mackem10 said:

Not sure anyone has been, to be honest, one person called them pathetic, I questioned the natural appearance of their teeth in their picture and another chap insinuated young people are their demographic. Oh and someone was outraged by that. 

The internet. Amirite?

3 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Agree. I find YouTube absolutely brilliant for some stuff, but awful for others, especially when it's just an Ad appearing as "content" 

I would much rather read text then have some kid going "please remember to like and subscribe" and taking 5 mins to get to the point.

But that's just me and I'm sure there's thousands that do enjoy the videos 

Well, you have to find the right youtubers. Also, AdBlock and sponsorblock helps.

5 minutes ago, mackem10 said:

Not sure anyone has been, to be honest, one person called them pathetic, I questioned the natural appearance of their teeth in their picture and another chap insinuated young people are their demographic. Oh and someone was outraged by that. 

Either way, not much is coming out of a large (not all) portion of the discussion on the Merits, or otherwise, of YouTubers, but your points are valid.

Edited by KillYourIdols

If you put content out on youtube, you are monetising it, and you should have absolutely no problem with criticism, as long as it remains within the boundaries of taste and the law.

I find most of the FM youtube content to be pretty poor, and a number of the individuals making them to be somewhat cringey. Sorry if the criticism bothers the individuals in question, but it's how I feel and I'm not going to lie just to protect someone's feelings because they happen to have posted on the forum. Zealand's content is particularly juvenile.

33 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Have SI confirmed whether the function to continue FM23 saves will be in the beta?

No, but it would be strange if a function like is not in the beta. Building that in between beta release and official release in november is pretty much cause of extreme trouble.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Who has been slagging off FM content YouTubers ?

What have I missed as I have been reading all the comments but didn't see anything too bad other then someone say there wasn't much quality YouTubers doing good FM content.

He was just someone who was sharing his opinion. I didn't agree with him as I love watching @doctorbenjy, lollujo, WorkThe Space, Zealand, Loki Doki etc but he is entitled to not like it.

I think initially people said they would rather have the beta now than potentially wait another 24 hours than watch a video, that somehow evolved into people hate them. 

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

No, but it would be strange if a function like is not in the beta. Building that in between beta release and official release in november is pretty much cause of extreme trouble.

I thought someone said on the other thread it was in. One of the Devs. Can’t remember who

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

There has been quite a bit of friction in this thread - it's sad to see - but it's clear why it's happening...

SI - push the button and all of this goes away...

The close thread button, you say?

:sega:

2 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

If you put content out on youtube, you are monetising it, and you should have absolutely no problem with criticism, as long as it remains within the boundaries of taste and the law.

I find most of the FM youtube content to be pretty poor, and a number of the individuals making them to be somewhat cringey. Sorry if the criticism bothers the individuals in question, but it's how I feel and I'm not going to lie just to protect someone's feelings because they happen to have posted on the forum. Zealand's content is particularly juvenile.

I think Zealand at least owns it

1 minute ago, girotex8 said:

Absolutely agree.

Criticism of YouTube and content is not something that should be silenced, just as equally should praise and defence of it.

Personal attacks are I think we can all agree, not welcome 

3 минуты назад, andu1 сказал:

I think we are all eager to play FM 24 because FM23 was kinda bad... Even SI said it was not their best game....

do you have a link to this? i missed it

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Agreed. Now, please stop arguing about other things and discuss when the beta will arrive and have fun with gifs. Otherwise this thread will be removed, and this is coming from one of the few mods that really want it to stay open.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

The close thread button, you say?

:sega:

Actually that would be funny - although you'd be dealing lots of new threads called 'why did the speculation thread close?' then you would then have to close too. Up to you, whichever is less painful :lol:

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Agreed. Now, please stop arguing about other things and discuss when the beta will arrive and have fun with gifs. Otherwise this thread will be removed, and this is coming from one of the few mods that really want it to stay open.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I could be wrong but wasn't it in one of the blogs/vlogs that it would be in the beta?

The YT talk is getting a bit old. People who like it, like it, people who don’t, don’t. @nunch98likes Man U, and while that’s clearly a character flaw, I’m fine with it. Not everyone has to believe everything you do.

So instead of everyone shouting and repeating themselves. Let’s all discuss how our Wednesday nights are gonna go once the Beta drops.

• Administrators
Just now, AndyEs said:

Push all the buttons, one must be the beta right?

One of them deletes everything.