*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, leo2r said:

Teams have gone from having 500 attempted passes per game to 800+. It's just one touch perfect ping passing all game, and I'm talking about average teams, ridiculously high and would NEVER happen IRL. They have completely ruined the game and taken any realism out of it when all they had to do was make the defenders not act like 4 year olds. I guess because idiots on here were moaning their teams played long balls from time to time, which happens in real ife, they've now switched to tiki-taka 900 pass per game nonsense. FM22 V2.  Wish there was a way to roll back this update. Awful

Are you running Full-detail in your game? Ive got full detail on all my leagues. Ive glanced at a few teams... seems ok to me. Only played two games so far i might add

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, leo2r said:

Teams have gone from having 500 attempted passes per game to 800+. It's just one touch perfect ping passing all game, and I'm talking about average teams, ridiculously high and would NEVER happen IRL. They have completely ruined the game and taken any realism out of it when all they had to do was make the defenders not act like 4 year olds. I guess because idiots on here were moaning their teams played long balls from time to time, which happens in real ife, they've now switched to tiki-taka 900 pass per game nonsense. FM22 V2.  Wish there was a way to roll back this update. Awful

Are you sure you haven't loaded up FM22? Passing rates in FM23 are about the same as before the update 

Previously no issues running the game. Post update the game took several minutes to lag through the loading screen. My PC then turned itself off twice from the graphics card overheating in matches (I play on 2D!)

I've applied the launch command mentioned above and the loading screen time went back to normal but I'm a little bit reluctant to go back into a match in case it melts my PC :eek:

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, Blünderbossu said:

Previously no issues running the game. Post update the game took several minutes to lag through the loading screen. My PC then turned itself off twice from the graphics card overheating in matches (I play on 2D!)

I've applied the launch command mentioned above and the loading screen time went back to normal but I'm a little bit reluctant to go back into a match in case it melts my PC :eek:

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

If the loading screen lag went away it should be fine now. Its very odd this change is affecting modern cards, we've not seen that internally if anything this change massively reduced GPU usage for us! Thats PC development for you, there is always a surprise

1 minute ago, EdL said:

If the loading screen lag went away it should be fine now. Its very odd this change is affecting modern cards, we've not seen that internally if anything this change massively reduced GPU usage for us! Thats PC development for you, there is always a surprise

Dont want to keep mentioning it.... but thats why the Beta branch should be used. I know you guys said it wasn't used properly before, with no bug reporting etc, but its things like this its ideal for

1 hour ago, EdL said:

Try launching the game with this command line added and see if it does anything for you, we made a change which should for most people improve performance but its possible with certain graphics cards/drivers it could make things worse in theory.

--disable_flip_discard

This actually fixed my screen flickering

3070ti btw

Edited by SpirosRonto

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, greenz81 said:

Dont want to keep mentioning it.... but thats why the Beta branch should be used. I know you guys said it wasn't used properly before, with no bug reporting etc, but its things like this its ideal for

above my paygrade, but we do have a private beta and we had good feedback on reduction in GPU usage (shrug)

1 minute ago, EdL said:

above my paygrade, but we do have a private beta and we had good feedback on reduction in GPU usage (shrug)

I understand its not your decision, but how many of users on here so far have reported issues with there super-duper graphic cards (and thats not including the ones not even on these forums). You can never beat a public beta and to be honest, i dont see why SI are so against it. If i could get the whole world to test a product for me for free..... I'd know what i be doing. Its all good anyway. Good job on the update so far. Thanks guys

20 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

If he's using a skin, he should be fine removing the skin out  of the folder to like the desktop, deleting the preferences and cache folder out of App data, start the game in the base skin, shut it down then put the skin he was using back in and restarting the game again.  And you should only have 1 skin in the skins folder.
That's been my experience anyways.

Jellico

Already had done all that and it didnt help :(

16 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Are you running Full-detail in your game? Ive got full detail on all my leagues. Ive glanced at a few teams... seems ok to me. Only played two games so far i might add

yeah i am. and every league i've checked i've seen at least one or two teams with 850+ passes since the update, checked their previous games and they had nowhere near this amount. Checking real life stats no team in world football ever attempts almost 900 passes, now with this update it happens every gameweek. Games are unbearable to watch because it no longer resembles real football in any way whatsoever. This was the major issue with FM22 and it's now in this game. And the tempo of the games is ridiculously high now meaning the amount of passes attempted is stupidly high.

2 minutes ago, leo2r said:

yeah i am. and every league i've checked i've seen at least one or two teams with 850+ passes since the update, checked their previous games and they had nowhere near this amount. Checking real life stats no team in world football ever attempts almost 900 passes, now with this update it happens every gameweek. Games are unbearable to watch because it no longer resembles real football in any way whatsoever. This was the major issue with FM22 and it's now in this game. And the tempo of the games is ridiculously high now meaning the amount of passes attempted is stupidly high.

Not seeing many people anywhere complain about this, so..... 

4 minutes ago, sanela.hodzic79 said:

Can someone explain to me what I need to do to solve the problem of too slow loading of the game and the load on the video card when starting the same. Updated drivers, deleted cash, I verified the game but it still loads slowly and burdens my graphics card. Thank you.

Do you have steam or game pass?

5 minutes ago, Teep said:

Already had done all that and it didnt help :(

Sorry to hear that.  I've been running into this issue a lot because I am using a bunch of different pieces from different skins, and I'll get that error every once and awhile, and deleting the folders in AppData fixes it for me until I try and and something to add/change the skin again.

Hope it gets solved for you soon.

3 minutes ago, sanela.hodzic79 said:

Can someone explain to me what I need to do to solve the problem of too slow loading of the game and the load on the video card when starting the same. Updated drivers, deleted cash, I verified the game but it still loads slowly and burdens my graphics card. Thank you.

In Steam, right click on FM23, go to properties. Paste the following text (including the dashes) into the Launch Options, close the properties window and then launch FM:

--disable_flip_discard

13 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I understand its not your decision, but how many of users on here so far have reported issues with there super-duper graphic cards (and thats not including the ones not even on these forums). You can never beat a public beta and to be honest, i dont see why SI are so against it. If i could get the whole world to test a product for me for free..... I'd know what i be doing. Its all good anyway. Good job on the update so far. Thanks guys

As has been mentioned before, the overall public uptake was terrible the last time, it was actually lower than the private beta. So that's why it's never come back 

13 minutes ago, leo2r said:

Interesting you should say the text I bolded.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/11/spain-vs-costa-rica-world-cup-stats/#:~:text=Spain controlled their opening game,81.8% possession during the game.

Edited by anagain

2 hours ago, EdL said:

Try launching the game with this command line added and see if it does anything for you, we made a change which should for most people improve performance but its possible with certain graphics cards/drivers it could make things worse in theory.

--disable_flip_discard

Any way to do this for the Game Pass version? RTX 3080 and game is very laggy even in general navigation. Target is greyed out on the desktop shortcut.

image.png.18e18055d5ca3f8e92cde9afa1bbbb8b.png

May or may not be relevant, but I have G-Sync enabled.

Edited by CSF90

3 minutes ago, anagain said:

i wouldn't have an issue if it was spain who had high passing numbers, the problem is that it's bang average teams who are having 900 passing attempts. Using the best passing team in the world as an example to dispute my claim is a bit silly. Yes I did say no team in world football, but let's be honest only Spain would ever have these kind of stats. In FM it's every team in every league and when comparing their stats with real life it's nearly double the amount of passes in FM. 

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

As has been mentioned before, the overall public uptake was terrible the last time, it was actually lower than the private beta. So that's why it's never come back 

But surely now, when the game was not patched upon release and seeing people in the forums complain about lack of patches, the picture has changed now. Previous releases were always patched on release day. I think, for this season, defo a missed oppurtunity. Plus, if you were to inform the masses through your media platforms that there was a Beta branch where you can access pre-release patches, im sure you'd see a big uptake.

Anyway, wont be bringing it up no more, as I can see SI wont budge. Again, thanks for the patch!

23 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

It's not desirable to have issues after a launch or an update but it does happen in many games. As others have said, there are vast variations on system make up amongst users such that there is always a likelihood of a problem with a system configuration.

Unforetunately this is part of PC gaming.

I think we should be thankful to SI's devs for being on the scene and being bloody damn quick to come up with a workaround. Not sure that would have been significantly different with a beta. 

Just now, leo2r said:

In FM it's every team in every league and when comparing their stats with real life it's nearly double the amount of passes in FM. 

I'm really not seeing this, at all and haven't heard anyone else mention it 

So passing rates pretty much doubled for you with the update but no one else?

1 minute ago, greenz81 said:

But surely now, when the game was not patched upon release and seeing people in the forums complain about lack of patches, the picture has changed now. Previous releases were always patched on release day. I think, for this season, defo a missed oppurtunity. Plus, if you were to inform the masses through your media platforms that there was a Beta branch where you can access pre-release patches, im sure you'd see a big uptake.

Anyway, wont be bringing it up no more, as I can see SI wont budge. Again, thanks for the patch!

They literally massively advertised there was going to be a whole release long beta branch. And people just didn't use it. Which is why it's not been repeated 

6 minutes ago, leo2r said:

i wouldn't have an issue if it was spain who had high passing numbers, the problem is that it's bang average teams who are having 900 passing attempts. Using the best passing team in the world as an example to dispute my claim is a bit silly. Yes I did say no team in world football, but let's be honest only Spain would ever have these kind of stats. In FM it's every team in every league and when comparing their stats with real life it's nearly double the amount of passes in FM. 

Dont see you bugging it. Just half a dozen feedback posts. As had been said numerous times, if you think there's an issue then bugging it is the best way to aid a fix. Provide examples and saves.

Promised I'd slow down the posts so back to lurking silently, but let's help SI solve what people think is an issue. All on the same team here. 

Edited by anagain

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

It's not desirable to have issues after a launch or an update but it does happen in many games. As others have said, there are vast variations on system make up amongst users such that there is always a likelihood of a problem with a system configuration.

Unforetunately this is part of PC gaming.

I think we should be thankful to SI's devs for being on the scene and being bloody damn quick to come up with a workaround. Not sure that would have been significantly different with a beta. 

Totally get what you are saying, but even more reason to use the public as much as you can.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Even with a low uptake that wasn't really the reason why we haven't done it. Now we're over multiple platforms that don't support it a 'public beta version', it makes it more difficult for us to do so. Was something we discussed and considered but with the challenges, was felt resources would be better used working on this latest update to make it available as quickly as possible.  

We do still have private 'Dream Team' testing group who get access to advanced builds. That's recruited to via people who contribute across our community and who raise issues via our bug tracker. So if you do so, you have every chance of being asked to contribute in the future. 

8 minutes ago, CSF90 said:

Any way to do this for the Game Pass version? RTX 3080 and game is very laggy even in general navigation. Target is greyed out on the desktop shortcut.

image.png.18e18055d5ca3f8e92cde9afa1bbbb8b.png

May or may not be relevant, but I have G-Sync enabled.

Just did it for fm in game pass with 3070ti and it works

Go inside game folder and make a shortcut for fm.exe , then paste the command like that

image.png.82d437e0dfc47e247aebf51dc11e5ee4.png

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They literally massively advertised there was going to be a whole release long beta branch. And people just didn't use it. Which is why it's not been repeated 

What year was that? I hope you understand the world has changed alot over the last couple of years, for obvious reasons. Alot more people work from home nowadays.

@Neil Brock One shall be looking for hunting for bugs!!! Thanks for the update!

33 minutes ago, leo2r said:

Here you go:

860 passes, 800 completed

Poland v Argentina: Match Statistics - 30/11 - 365Scores

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Game finally loaded and I’m pushing 95 degrees on my GPU :lol:

I am using an RX 6800xt/5800x

If you can try the below, let me know if it helps with this issue:

2 hours ago, EdL said:

--disable_flip_discard

Anyone else experiencing a jerky match screen? I am okay everywhere else, but during the actual match screen - in any type of 3D, it just looks very jerky.

Doesn't bother me too much as I play the actual match in 2D, but I do use 3D for replays and they are terrible at the moment.

11 minutes ago, leo2r said:

If you think there is an issue, please report it in the bug tracker, personally I've played a few games and I have around 300-500 passes for either team in every match so far.

1 minute ago, damjanovski said:

Please stop just seeing the stats and watch the game. The ME is much improved with the latest patch. There are higher amount of passes because the game is more quicker. But. In every other aspect the ME is better!

Also, I just saw the real life stats: Premier league 1. Man City - 688 passes per game 2. Liverpool - 621 passes per game, others are less. But, I want to repeat, the ME is far better than before, don't just watch the stats, watch the gameplay!

39 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

Sorry to hear that.  I've been running into this issue a lot because I am using a bunch of different pieces from different skins, and I'll get that error every once and awhile, and deleting the folders in AppData fixes it for me until I try and and something to add/change the skin again.

Hope it gets solved for you soon.

For unknown reasons, I moved some files out and in of appdata and documents, and it's now working, without changing or deleting anything... i had tried with editor data, views and skins folders, so must be something else. hopefully it still works tomorrow

Edited by Teep

2 hours ago, EdL said:

--disable_flip_discard

I'm sorry, but where do I need to write this command line? Can't find it.