Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Who do we get as prince of Wales? 

Probably ****ing Andrew I bet.

Just now, Rafalution said:

It will be William but it's not automatic

As Rafa said, It's in the Kings gift to make his first born son Prince of Wales.

It is probably going to happen, but it's not guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

For many of us - today is the end of a era, because we have known nothing else but Lizzy being queen. The worrying is that the portents for the start of this new era aren't looking particularly good - for most of us.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say nobody on this forum has known any other monarch on the British throne.

14 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

Quick count on Wiki shows 13 British monarchs. But easily gets to 37 when you go back before the Acts of Union.

I specifically said British. Its different if you include all the English ones yeah.

17 minutes ago, anagain said:

Anyone seen the story of Jaki of Jaki's Chip shop in Muir of Ord? Just search Jaki on twitter

I don't get what she gained from this, like love, it's one day, restrain yourself but don't act stunted when your public actions have consequences.

1 hour ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Found the Japanese one and it's got train news on instead. The disrespectful Yanks can't even be bothered to wear a black tie and the male presenters haven't even toned down their makeup. 

Japan Railway Journal. Best programme on that channel :cool:

24 minutes ago, anagain said:

Anyone seen the story of Jaki of Jaki's Chip shop in Muir of Ord? Just search Jaki on twitter

I have no idea what any of that means but I did find myself in Coventry last weekend, stuck in traffic at a roundabout, and I glance over and what do I see? Only bloomin' binley mega chippy. Closed now mind

7 minutes ago, sc91 said:

I don't get what she gained from this, like love, it's one day, restrain yourself but don't act stunted when your public actions have consequences.

That woman professor in Pittburgh may face consequences too. Her college have distanced themselves from her. Whether she'll get the sack, I dunno. I'm not sure Jaki's chip shop will do too well

3 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

I have no idea what any of that means but I did find myself in Coventry last weekend, stuck in traffic at a roundabout, and I glance over and what do I see? Only bloomin' binley mega chippy. Closed now mind

Just look up Jaki on twitter. Story of mad woman does stupid thing and ruins her business. To do with today's events

I did just watch a tribute to the Queen's reign on BBC1.

I don't think she was too bad actually. Maybe I'm just getting soppy as I get old.

She seemed to learn from moments that were poorly done.

There'll always be division on the monarchy. It probably does need to change with the times but tonight I wonder if it is as bad as I've often thought of it. Some parts are, of course.

3 minutes ago, anagain said:

That woman professor in Pittburgh may face consequences too. Her college have distanced themselves from her. Whether she'll get the sack, I dunno. I'm not sure Jaki's chip shop will do too well

If she's tenured she'll be tough to dislodge.

It is a private university though, so they'd have more room to sack her than a public university would.

3 minutes ago, anagain said:

I did just watch a tribute to the Queen's reign on BBC1.

I don't think she was too bad actually. Maybe I'm just getting soppy as I get old.

She seemed to learn from moments that were poorly done.

There'll always be division on the monarchy. It probably does need to change with the times but tonight I wonder if it is as bad as I've often thought of it. Some parts are, of course.

This really does just read as 'I've been emotionally manipulated really well today' :D