The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Rikulec said:

No FM for me this weekend. Instead it's Rapid Wien against Red Bull Salzburg. :D

Fantastic, I've been close to starting with either SK Rapid or FK Austria in FM24. But then I remember how painful the long winter break was and it prevents me doing so.

I saw the result was SK 0-1 RB, but hope you enjoyed it anyway.

6 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Fantastic, I've been close to starting with either SK Rapid or FK Austria in FM24. But then I remember how painful the long winter break was and it prevents me doing so.

I saw the result was SK 0-1 RB, but hope you enjoyed it anyway.

I had a brief save with Austria on FM23, it was nice but ended due to the sheer amount of stupidity the game was throwing at me.

I did enjoy today, the football itself wasn't particularly exciting, but the atmosphere was great. A Polish player scored the goal, which was also a nice bonus. :D It was actually the first time I went to a football game abroad and I loved the experience. Definitely gonna travel like this more if/when I have the time and resources!

Hi all. Just in case nobody has notice yet, the boffins at SI Towers have tried to fix the confusion over whether Average was better than Adequate in terms of Facilities, (because in previous issues of the game it's been both), but in doing so they have just made it more confusing, (thanks @oriole01)

[Edit]

In the past, Average came before Adequate when talking about Junior Coaching. 
But it came after Adequate in Youth Recruitment. 
It also came after Adequate in both Training Facilities and Youth Facilities. 

The smart thing to do was to have changed Junior Coaching so that all 4 values were the same.

Instead what they have done is changed Youth Recruitment so that it's the same as Junior Coaching, but they are both now different to Training Facilities and Youth Facilities. 

This is what it used to be. 

1dbefe716b43c380510b0b5ecb884a43.png

This is what it is now. 

5f67da20351d2c6da737cfa1238e829f.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This is what it is now. 

5f67da20351d2c6da737cfa1238e829f.png

Looks like adequate is still worse than average for training and youth facilities though? Unless that's unintentional.

9 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

Looks like adequate is still worse than average for training and youth facilities though? Unless that's unintentional.

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Damn. I had forgotten about that one so haven't checked it. [Goes to check]

Good spot.

Average comes before Adequate in both Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. 

Average comes after Adequate in both Training Facilities and Youth Facilities. 

They changed the wrong one. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Instead what they have done is changed Youth Recruitment so that it's the same as Junior Coaching, but they are both now different to Training Facilities and Youth Facilities. 

:seagull::seagull::seagull:

How they do make such a mess of this? I know it's a minor thing really, but it seems such like an easy fix.

40 minutes ago, DaneBramage said:

:seagull::seagull::seagull:

How they do make such a mess of this? I know it's a minor thing really, but it seems such like an easy fix.

I honestly don't know. I'm astonished. When I saw it had changed I just assumed that they had changed it the right way and never though for a minute to check the top 2. It was only when @oriole01mentioned it that I realised. 

It's like someone has been told to fix it, not really understood completely what he was fixing, and just swapped it so that JC & YR are the same. I can't face reporting this tonight. will do it tmorrow. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

It’s just finished my ‘Around the world in 80 clubs’ save and thought I’d ask for some pointers as to what you enjoy most in a save you’re reading.

I’ve been going for month-to-money reports but I’ve seen that others go for half-season summaries. What do you prefer?

What things do you find most interesting to read and see? what would you say gives a career that something addictive for you to follow?

28 minutes ago, RaySunshine said:

Hello all!

It’s just finished my ‘Around the world in 80 clubs’ save and thought I’d ask for some pointers as to what you enjoy most in a save you’re reading.

I’ve been going for month-to-money reports but I’ve seen that others go for half-season summaries. What do you prefer?

What things do you find most interesting to read and see? what would you say gives a career that something addictive for you to follow?

There's no one be-all-end-all answer to that question really, which is also why people use different formats and different frequency of updates. It's mostly a matter of personal preference and what you feel works best for you. Some people (such as @_Ben_ or @MattyLewis11, for example) like to go in very deep and write long, detailed posts with lots of statistics, explanations and other additional information that helps build immersion and shows their great dedication to their saves. Others, myself included, do short, basic updates which pretty much just show their results, transfers, and other day-to-day stuff, which probably suits the way we play the game better. My advice to you would be to go with the flow, come up with an idea of what you'd like to include in your updates and simply go for it.

For me, the most interesting aspects I look for in other people's saves are their choice of clubs (I have a soft spot for Scandinavian clubs and British lower leagues, for example), the degree of realism, the narrative that emerges naturally as the game progresses (stories of success after a long period of struggle, or even just a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity are things I really enjoy reading about for some reason; and yeah, my save this year doesn't seem to have much of it, for better or worse :lol:), and a clear and concise way of presenting the updates. That's not to say I don't enjoy the longer, more detailed ones - it's quite the opposite, I admire the dedication and the hard work of the authors - but, personally, as an active real life coach and analyst with a few years of experience I struggle to look beyond how "gamey" FM has become for me and to suspend my disbelief while playing. That's just my perspective though and I'm sure whichever way you decide to go in the end, you're going to find people who will follow your save with interest. First and foremost, make it enjoyable for yourself to update, and the rest will come.

4 hours ago, RaySunshine said:

Hello all!

My 2 favourite threads to read at the moment are these 2 by @phnompenhandy& @Makoto Nakamura

Although I like reading stuff by these 2 anyway, I particularly like reading these threads because (1). They're using the same/similar edited database to the one I'm using in my own save. (2) The visuals used in threads are amazing, (real life pictures of obscure little Scottish football clubs). 

I've always like the way @Makoto Nakamurapresents his updates, (although he's changed a little for this save), but it's generally quite minimalistic and this is something I've tried to replicate in my own thread. I used to write loads of detail in my updates, (and still occasionally do), but from personal experience  know that I lose interest in update threads sometimes where there is loads of detail. Not because the threads aren't good, but because I don't want to invest that much time reading them. 

Thinking of starting a thread entitled something like 'disillusionment - can i still experience joy in fm?' with some rules i've thought of so far

-Unemployed start, but potentially not worst possible stats, I'll have to sim to find out, because:
-Country & City (prob less strict with the actual city) must have good weather - My favourite weather is pretty hot all the time, but I'm partial to a mediterranean climate. Sunshine hours need to be relatively high (I live in one of the sunniest places possible in the UK but that + short winter days are still miserable). something vaguely like lisbon or bangkok.

-Club must have at least a decent looking stadium. Capacity doesn't matter and I would prob. be lax with this as I know a lot of lower league stadia aren't particularly stunning. Being on the coast or having good looking surroundings will make up for a bad stadium.
-Club badge & kit must be nice. Obviously subjective, but there is a lot of variety available i think. Mainly dislike either overly simple/boring/overly corporate (NYCFC, and lot of the american ones in general) badges or super ornamental ones

-Use Asymmetrical formations or ones I never consider. I enjoy using asymmetric ones quite a lot but I'd also try and use stuff I just instinctively avoid (anything with M(R) or M(L), anything with 4 players in the M(C) row, anything ending 2-1-3, 3-2-1, or 1-1 etc.)
-Potentially team instruction rules depending on my trial run save, stuff like tempo default or lower, always use pass into space,

-Don't forget to nickname players (I normally give players vaguely funny nicknames then forget to do so for a few years)

Have a few others I'll try and remember later

Looking for suggestions on what nations i should make playable and which I should add in with the editor also, I want to keep files to less than I normally use (75ish total) but I will load in some leagues that are by default unplayable for sure. Will definitely add Costa Rica, Guatemala, and a few other centro-american countries, the missing south american nations, thailand, greece tier 2, some caribbean, and southern europe/northern africa. Most confident in the AFC & Americas files I have for stability, I may try and add a couple of caf ones but I'd like to not run into any competition rule bugs/mistakes. Also obviously ones with custom graphics available are preferred but if i've got a logo for it i don't mind the kit being old/missing

Thanks

Edited by gooseta

Tm0MRx.png

Are recruiting......

khA5u6.jpg

If you want to play for The Nags Head Football Club (Peckham)

Leave your details.

FIRST NAME 

SURNAME 

NICKNAME / USERNAME 

NATION

Note: if you don't want to leave real name then just leave a made up name I can use, as I would like a full name  for realism.

Edited by Maw74

17 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Tm0MRx.png

Are recruiting......

khA5u6.jpg

Leave your details.

FIRST NAME 

SURNAME 

NICKNAME / USERNAME 

Note: if you don't want to leave real name then just leave a made up name I can use, as I would like a full name  for realism.

John

Gordon

leicester33

On 27/12/2023 at 08:59, Maw74 said:

Tm0MRx.png

Are recruiting......

khA5u6.jpg

Leave your details.

FIRST NAME 

SURNAME 

NICKNAME / USERNAME 

NATION

James

King

Scooter

England

4 hours ago, corinthiano said:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for South American databases? Ideally looking for down to Level 2 on all countries.

Probably Timo although I don’t manage in South America all too much 

1 hour ago, leicester33 said:

Probably Timo although I don’t manage in South America all too much 

It’s what I thought but he doesn’t seem to have Bolivia. I found one set from someone called MasterIgor which seems to have all of them, but Bolivia only has the first tier.

10 hours ago, corinthiano said:

It’s what I thought but he doesn’t seem to have Bolivia. I found one set from someone called MasterIgor which seems to have all of them, but Bolivia only has the first tier.

I was about to recommend you that megapack, if you want a Bolivia file going to D2 I can PM you.

Probably going to London in the summer, however it’s during July so won’t be seeing a football match, instead I’m going to see baseball. Might check out some stadiums though. Wherever we stay, the closest tier 10 ground is my team for FM25.

Im from the US, so it’s a big deal

4 hours ago, leicester33 said:

Probably going to London in the summer, however it’s during July so won’t be seeing a football match, instead I’m going to see baseball. Might check out some stadiums though. Wherever we stay, the closest tier 10 ground is my team for FM25.

Im from the US, so it’s a big deal

Barkingside in Tier 10 is the closest team to London Stadiun

• 5 weeks later...

459f6a352df3bf9dc4ff543ee82504bb.png

00bd69788261ef9ff0d16e0b2c568a99.png

Here goes my first save since my launch save with Randers, looking forward to getting stuck in again and heading back to where I seem to feel most comfortable, France. 

Focusing on homegrown talents, from the club, from Brittany with a sprinkle of West Africa thrown in.

Allez les rouge et noir! 🔴

Edited by TangoFM

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else struggled to get in to FM24?

I played the heck out of FM23 near 800 hours), and my MTK Budapest save. I even visited the club last September. The first time I have visited a club I managed in FM (well, technically the second time, but FC Koper was only a few days before).

But I can't get in to FM24. To be honst, I haven't played since mid December.

I first started as Torquay but got a bit fed up of that. The beta goalkeeper issue was a problem there.

I started a new save as manager of the new successors to Bangor City. Can't think of full name of that club.

I just stopped playing mid December and haven't fancied going back since. I have a minor urge every time I watch the footy on a Saturday, but if I go to press that Play button on Steam I hit a wall again.

I was writing up that Bangor save, posing as a supermarket manager/new football manager. Apologies if anyone had wanted more.

Maybe I just need what I did for FM17. Miss an edition and come back more keen to play for the next FM.

I sometimes wonder if the writing up my career is the problem. I don't tend to get far in FM these days. I only managed a few seasons with MTK last year. I do enjoy the writing and the community in this forum is great.

Dunno if I can pin a reason for my lack of interest this year.

Any one else in the same boat?

3 hours ago, anagain said:

Yeah

Well I got into it and was enjoying full fat again, first time for ages, didn't enjoy or last long with 21, 22 or 23 editions, had a couple of good saves going on 24 and was really enjoying the game and both saves but I was also keeping my FMC15 save going and really into that right now and haven't touched FM24 much since early January.

23 hours ago, anagain said:

I played the heck out of FM23 near 800 hours), and my MTK Budapest save. I even visited the club last September. The first time I have visited a club I managed in FM (well, technically the second time, but FC Koper was only a few days before).

But I can't get in to FM24. To be honst, I haven't played since mid December.

I first started as Torquay but got a bit fed up of that. The beta goalkeeper issue was a problem there.

I started a new save as manager of the new successors to Bangor City. Can't think of full name of that club.

I just stopped playing mid December and haven't fancied going back since. I have a minor urge every time I watch the footy on a Saturday, but if I go to press that Play button on Steam I hit a wall again.

I was writing up that Bangor save, posing as a supermarket manager/new football manager. Apologies if anyone had wanted more.

Maybe I just need what I did for FM17. Miss an edition and come back more keen to play for the next FM.

I sometimes wonder if the writing up my career is the problem. I don't tend to get far in FM these days. I only managed a few seasons with MTK last year. I do enjoy the writing and the community in this forum is great.

Dunno if I can pin a reason for my lack of interest this year.

Any one else in the same boat?

I've been completely hooked after continuing my FM23 save on FM24. I had no plans to play it for this long, but it has kept me busy.

Taking a break can work wonders though, the 18 month break I took a few years ago did a lot to renew my interest.

Can anyone remind me how to give instructions that the U18's and U21's use the same tactic as the Senior Team please? 

I just assumed I had set it, but I've just noticed it's not happening and I now can't work out how to do it. I know it's here somewhere but just can't find it. :confused:

27 minutes ago, DaneBramage said:

@Jimbokav1971 This is for FM23, so hopefully it's still the same.

Dev. Centre > Under 19s > Tactics. Then the Primary Tactic dropdown has a choice of the tactics you've got set up, or your U19s manager's choice.

94bf24bd465727461fc14ffcbce17174.png

That's not working for me. 

0bbc5008130a4854378766a7af204cf2.png

I think the area I'm in control of is U18 individual training. 

The problem with that is that although I'm in control of all individual training, (Senior, U21 & U18), I'm only actually getting 1 email despite the fact that I've requested an email detailing training performances for each Squad.

For the U18's it's not giving me an option to do anything here. 

31a55e48e6398df26bc2b8654374d583.png

That would make sense if I had delegated control to someone else, but I can't see that I have.

There is however an U18's Manager, so it could be that because I, (or someone else actually), have employed an U18's Manager, then he automatically does the role and I don't have the option to control anything. If there isn't an U18's Manager then maybe I can do some stuff and delegate some of it too. That would tie in with me not getting the U18's Training email. 

There's some nasty personalities in there too, so I should probably look at that before too long..... :rolleyes:

a53b01cd19b757c44840384b2f136ed6.png

• 2 weeks later...

After some pretty ****** months I starting to get the FM feeling back.

Now the obvious question....what to do?

I cant remember my HRE save and cant get into it.

I want to start something new, a simple one club save.

Asia - Japan - Tokyo Verdy

South America - I had a lovely time in Chile before. Maybe Ecuador?

North America - I never done Mexico.

36 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Tokyo Verdy for me

This is also my favorite.

I started a save with them last year, but the savefile got corrupted.

Now the J-League is in the game, this might be the time.

On 24/02/2024 at 12:54, anagain said:

Yes, then i subscribed to TheMadScientists 07/08 database, and im hooked again. 

This was their last great year before the massive slump they, and Italian football in general really i guess, hit. Trying to build a younger squad while being able to enjoy using proper legends. Dida, Cafu, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Ronaldo all in the squad is beautiful. 

Managed to bring in two youth players called Gundongan and Reus for about £50k 😂 and Mikel Arteta was the big signing for the Summer.

On 11/03/2024 at 20:02, Cheez3y said:

After some pretty ****** months I starting to get the FM feeling back.

Now the obvious question....what to do?

I cant remember my HRE save and cant get into it.

I want to start something new, a simple one club save.

Asia - Japan - Tokyo Verdy

South America - I had a lovely time in Chile before. Maybe Ecuador?

North America - I never done Mexico.

Also gotta agree with Tokyo Verdy!

Luxembourg for sure. Lived there for a few months and there is great potential for development there.

On 14/03/2024 at 06:43, Vakama2619 said:

Also gotta agree with Tokyo Verdy!

Cheers for the answers.

I put it on hold for a bit.

I want to try something fun first to get me back in the game.

On 14/03/2024 at 12:25, leicester33 said:

I’m trying to get back into FM, Which save should I do?

Building A Nation - Luxembourg

Youth Challenge - England

anywhere but England. 

Go somewhere weird and it may well turn out wonderful. 

Luxembourg all the way between the 2. 

On 14/03/2024 at 12:25, leicester33 said:

I’m trying to get back into FM, Which save should I do?

Building A Nation - Luxembourg

Youth Challenge - England

I just started a build a nation save in Luxembourg and really enjoying it.

I am managing Deifferdeng and Luxembourg national team.

My best result so far is somehow getting a 2-2 draw vs Portugual. I was winning 2-1 up till the 90th minute and then they got a penalty. Still a great result.

image.thumb.png.f63674c7d4c58363a34aeaf9f05b6cae.png