deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/06/2022 at 22:20, OlivierL said:

Love that list, thanks !

I'll try to update below list if the release from FM23 gets closer.

75137b6bba2d07ca334d334c31860ada.png

If you're going to reproduce this list, the Youth Rating of the Nation they are in would be good as a comparison to the Youth Rating of the Nation of the Newgens that will be produced. 

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If you're going to reproduce this list, the Youth Rating of the Nation they are in would be good as a comparison to the Youth Rating of the Nation of the Newgens that will be produced. 

yes idd, i'll add that to the list, good idea 

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Ty for this.

Not only very interesting, but indeed a very good save idea.

Start with one, get them into the CL group stage and then move on.

Couple of them are "easy", but the Romanian and Slovakian teams will be much harder.

Edited by Cheez3y

On 14/06/2022 at 23:44, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just so I don't lose track of any ideas for #FM23

1. Bordeaux have been relegated to the 3rd Tier of French football due to financial irregularities. 

2. Ukraine. Something just to educate myself on the geography and history if Ukrainian football due to current circumstances. 

3. Hungary. The National Team have beaten ENG twice. How far can they be taken. 

4. A.S.D. Sangiuliano City Nova Football Club, (from Milan), have been promoted to playable Serie C in Italy. 

5. Recreativo finished as high as 8th in La Liga in 2006/07 but are now back in the 4th Tier in Spain after being promoted. 

6. A team newly promoted into the National North/South League in England. (Worthing, Buxton, Banbury, Taunton, Peterborough Sports, Scarborough & Farnborough).

7. A non-playable team from the league below National North/South. (I'm specifically thinking about AFC Rushden & Diamonds). 

8. SV TÜRKGÜCÜ MÜNCHEN in German 3rd Tier, (although they have just been relegated to the 4th Tier and I don't know if they are playable and if they get Turkish Newgens. 

9. Regensburg in Germany. They are in the 2nd Tier though so is that too easy? 

10. I wonder if there are any Ukrainian football clubs in Crimea that now have to play in the Russian league? Would love to stick it up the Russians with them. 

11. Can I win the Serbian title with someone other than Partizan and Red Star? 

12. South American Journeyman. How many trophies can you win? 

13. SC Schiltigheim play in the French Tier. (FCSR HAGUENAU could also be used for the same reason). They have a German name because that area used to be German and was subsequently returned to France but the name stuck. They get French Newgens, (I think), but what if we only signed Germans, (other than the Youth Intake)?

14. Las Palmas is just West of the Sahara desert, but despite that play in the 2nd Tier in Spain. How far could you take them with just Academy products & African signings? 

15. FC Vaduz. Liechtenstein in Switzerland. I've never done it. I've got to at some point haven't I? 

16. Welsh clubs in England. Can only manage Welsh clubs.

17. SC Bastia have been demoted to the 5th tier in Italy because of financial skulduggery. They are a Corsican team, (like AC Ajaccio), and if you holiday long enough they should promote themselves to a playable league because of their high reputation. 

18. Asian Journeyman.  How many trophies can you win? 

Any other suggestions? 

Good list. I've found a couple of newly playable clubs that could be interesting.

Paris 13 Atletico, now in the French 3rd tier. The challenge obviously being to overtake PSG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_13_Atletico

First Vienna, Austria's oldest club and former champions promoted to the 2nd tier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Vienna_FC

On 14/06/2022 at 23:44, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just so I don't lose track of any ideas for #FM23

1. Bordeaux have been relegated to the 3rd Tier of French football due to financial irregularities. 

2. Ukraine. Something just to educate myself on the geography and history if Ukrainian football due to current circumstances. 

3. Hungary. The National Team have beaten ENG twice. How far can they be taken. 

4. A.S.D. Sangiuliano City Nova Football Club, (from Milan), have been promoted to playable Serie C in Italy. 

5. Recreativo finished as high as 8th in La Liga in 2006/07 but are now back in the 4th Tier in Spain after being promoted. 

6. A team newly promoted into the National North/South League in England. (Worthing, Buxton, Banbury, Taunton, Peterborough Sports, Scarborough & Farnborough).

7. A non-playable team from the league below National North/South. (I'm specifically thinking about AFC Rushden & Diamonds). 

8. SV TÜRKGÜCÜ MÜNCHEN in German 3rd Tier, (although they have just been relegated to the 4th Tier and I don't know if they are playable and if they get Turkish Newgens. 

9. Regensburg in Germany. They are in the 2nd Tier though so is that too easy? 

10. I wonder if there are any Ukrainian football clubs in Crimea that now have to play in the Russian league? Would love to stick it up the Russians with them. 

11. Can I win the Serbian title with someone other than Partizan and Red Star? 

12. South American Journeyman. How many trophies can you win? 

13. SC Schiltigheim play in the French Tier. (FCSR HAGUENAU could also be used for the same reason). They have a German name because that area used to be German and was subsequently returned to France but the name stuck. They get French Newgens, (I think), but what if we only signed Germans, (other than the Youth Intake)?

14. Las Palmas is just West of the Sahara desert, but despite that play in the 2nd Tier in Spain. How far could you take them with just Academy products & African signings? 

15. FC Vaduz. Liechtenstein in Switzerland. I've never done it. I've got to at some point haven't I? 

16. Welsh clubs in England. Can only manage Welsh clubs.

17. SC Bastia have been demoted to the 5th tier in Italy because of financial skulduggery. They are a Corsican team, (like AC Ajaccio), and if you holiday long enough they should promote themselves to a playable league because of their high reputation. 

18. Asian Journeyman.  How many trophies can you win? 

Any other suggestions? 

Isn't SC Bastia in France?

Some really interesting ideas there, I like the Bordeaux, AFC Rushden & Diamonds and the Welsh Clubs ones the most.

I always have plenty of ideas, sticking with them and finding time for them is the problem I have though, I currently have 3 saves on the go, 2 on PC and 1 on Tablet, I don't plan on getting FM23, unless they do FMT release for Tablets, which I don't think they are anyway. 

I will stick with FMC15, & FM21 (PC)  and FMT21 (Tablet) for the foreseeable future.

12 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

Isn't SC Bastia in France?

Some really interesting ideas there, I like the Bordeaux, AFC Rushden & Diamonds and the Welsh Clubs ones the most.

I always have plenty of ideas, sticking with them and finding time for them is the problem I have though, I currently have 3 saves on the go, 2 on PC and 1 on Tablet, I don't plan on getting FM23, unless they do FMT release for Tablets, which I don't think they are anyway. 

I will stick with FMC15, & FM21 (PC)  and FMT21 (Tablet) for the foreseeable future.

You have passed the test young man. :lol: :D

On 08/09/2022 at 21:51, Scoham said:

Good list. I've found a couple of newly playable clubs that could be interesting.

Paris 13 Atletico, now in the French 3rd tier. The challenge obviously being to overtake PSG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_13_Atletico

First Vienna, Austria's oldest club and former champions promoted to the 2nd tier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Vienna_FC

To add to the above:

Young Boys Football Development - sound ideal for a youth challenge!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Boys_FD

FK Radnički Beograd

A Belgrade club promoted to the Serbian 2nd tier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_Radnički_Beograd

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

We definitely need someone else to do the awards this year due to my Masters dissertation deadline being in a month's time and my supervisor recommending some very big changes to be made!

So glad I've done mine two years ago and don't have to bother anymore, it's a proper pain in the arse. :D What's your subject?

On 14/09/2022 at 13:11, deltablue said:

We definitely need someone else to do the awards this year due to my Masters dissertation deadline being in a month's time and my supervisor recommending some very big changes to be made!

I could give it a crack. Could you remind me when you usually start the voting process and hold the awards?

On 14/09/2022 at 20:51, Rikulec said:

So glad I've done mine two years ago and don't have to bother anymore, it's a proper pain in the arse. :D What's your subject?

Archives and records management.

On 17/09/2022 at 22:05, oriole01 said:

I could give it a crack. Could you remind me when you usually start the voting process and hold the awards?

Well I tried to get it in before the beta dropped, so early to mid October. This is around the time I'd consider opening up the voting.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

Anyone got their save idea for 23?

I know EXACTLY what I'm doing and where I'm doing it. 

It will be a new Nation for me, (in terms of a long term save anyway), and I will be signing players rather than playing Youth Only, so a bit of a change of pace for me. 

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I know EXACTLY what I'm doing and where I'm doing it. 

It will be a new Nation for me, (in terms of a long term save anyway), and I will be signing players rather than playing Youth Only, so a bit of a change of pace for me. 

I'm guessing that the team's name begins with C. :brock:

I really want to keep my number of saves down to a minimum for FM23 (I know, a shocker coming from me!) So I think I'm going to try and manage a team to topple Linfield in Northern Irelands all time trophy haul (I think its 219 competition wins).

I'll either manage Dergview since they've got the least silverware straight out of the box or I'll holiday a season and take over a newly promoted team if they have no trophy wins.

I don't think we did a Forum save in FM22 where we each take control over a team for 1 season before passing it on. I'd like to bring that back, with the only stipulation being that you must complete the save within 7 days and if you don't then you just upload the save where it is after 7 days and someone else continues it on. 

Is this something that was in CSE in the past, or was it here in FMCU? 

I'm thinking of introducing something to it that will involve people voting for if we move and where we move to and if we sell a star player and the like. Also considering stuff like votes for tactical changes and things so that those of us participating are taken out of our comfort zone a little. 

For example if I was to start then I would post the info of whatever squad we rocked up to on Day 1 and then we would have a vote as to what formation we should play and then I would choose the rest and if it went ok then I would continue and if it didn't go ok then I might come back and ask what was wrong, (whether it be mentality or something else within the tactic that needed changing). So basically I want a vote every single day on something. It doesn't really matter how many votes we get, (so long as we get 1 vote), and if the vote is tied then whichever result achieved the end number 1st would be the winner. 

I'm going to make the waiting list, (for people waiting to play), a maximum of 4 people long, (so 4 weeks), and as soon as the last week is finished and the final league table posted then the 1st person to ask would be added to 4th on the list.

I think it worked well in the past, but I also think the queue was often too big and that people spent too long on their season of the save. If you can't commit to doing a season in a week, (and sticking to it), then I'm afraid this isn't for you. I will be disabling the edit in the save game at the outset, (to avoid the issues that caused a problem last time), and other than that I'm open to suggestions. 

I want it to be very similar to before, but I also want there to be greater reader participation, (hence the voting). 

I would also say you absolutely 100% do NOT have to be good at FM to do this. I would actually love us to struggle at some point and with that in mind I will be trying some weird things during my seasons, (on top of getting my GK to score goals). 

I have some more ideas in my head, but if this is something that interests you, (I'm hoping that it could serve as a real learning tool to less experienced players), the would you mind commenting in response to this or liking this post to indicate your interest please. 

I don't plan on starting it immediately, because I'm sure everyone will be interested in their own saves, but I also don't plan on leaving it for ages until we all get a little bored. I'm thinking of starting it maybe 2 weeks to a month after the full release. 

I don't know if we should win a league title in a Nation to activate moving on, and I'm thinking of only activating Nations that share a land border with the existing Nation, or maybe just loading all Nations from a particular continent, (right now I'm thinking Asia), and we can only leave Asia once we've won every league. 

Anyway, the whole things is just an idea at the moment but I know it's something I likes before so please let me know if you're interested, (or if CSE is more appropriate). 

36 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I don't think we did a Forum save in FM22 where we each take control over a team for 1 season before passing it on. I'd like to bring that back, with the only stipulation being that you must complete the save within 7 days and if you don't then you just upload the save where it is after 7 days and someone else continues it on. 

Is this something that was in CSE in the past, or was it here in FMCU? 

I'm thinking of introducing something to it that will involve people voting for if we move and where we move to and if we sell a star player and the like. Also considering stuff like votes for tactical changes and things so that those of us participating are taken out of our comfort zone a little. 

For example if I was to start then I would post the info of whatever squad we rocked up to on Day 1 and then we would have a vote as to what formation we should play and then I would choose the rest and if it went ok then I would continue and if it didn't go ok then I might come back and ask what was wrong, (whether it be mentality or something else within the tactic that needed changing). So basically I want a vote every single day on something. It doesn't really matter how many votes we get, (so long as we get 1 vote), and if the vote is tied then whichever result achieved the end number 1st would be the winner. 

I'm going to make the waiting list, (for people waiting to play), a maximum of 4 people long, (so 4 weeks), and as soon as the last week is finished and the final league table posted then the 1st person to ask would be added to 4th on the list.

I think it worked well in the past, but I also think the queue was often too big and that people spent too long on their season of the save. If you can't commit to doing a season in a week, (and sticking to it), then I'm afraid this isn't for you. I will be disabling the edit in the save game at the outset, (to avoid the issues that caused a problem last time), and other than that I'm open to suggestions. 

I want it to be very similar to before, but I also want there to be greater reader participation, (hence the voting). 

I would also say you absolutely 100% do NOT have to be good at FM to do this. I would actually love us to struggle at some point and with that in mind I will be trying some weird things during my seasons, (on top of getting my GK to score goals). 

I have some more ideas in my head, but if this is something that interests you, (I'm hoping that it could serve as a real learning tool to less experienced players), the would you mind commenting in response to this or liking this post to indicate your interest please. 

I don't plan on starting it immediately, because I'm sure everyone will be interested in their own saves, but I also don't plan on leaving it for ages until we all get a little bored. I'm thinking of starting it maybe 2 weeks to a month after the full release. 

I don't know if we should win a league title in a Nation to activate moving on, and I'm thinking of only activating Nations that share a land border with the existing Nation, or maybe just loading all Nations from a particular continent, (right now I'm thinking Asia), and we can only leave Asia once we've won every league. 

Anyway, the whole things is just an idea at the moment but I know it's something I likes before so please let me know if you're interested, (or if CSE is more appropriate). 

I remember this from the past and enjoyed following along.  My problem is that I'm not sure if I could complete a season in 7 days so I probably wouldn't run the save, but I would happily vote on this whenever it is offered.

1 minute ago, iamnobody said:

I remember this from the past and enjoyed following along.  My problem is that I'm not sure if I could complete a season in 7 days so I probably wouldn't run the save, but I would happily vote on this whenever it is offered.

Well maybe for someone like yourself who is keen but doesn't think they can do a whole season, maybe we give you half a season with someone else in the same position? 

My issue isn't really the amount of progress made. It's that the save doesn't stagnate. If people come and say they want to do it for a week but think they can only do half a season, (they might only play at the weekend for example), then it makes sense for us to allow for that. 

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Well maybe for someone like yourself who is keen but doesn't think they can do a whole season, maybe we give you half a season with someone else in the same position? 

My issue isn't really the amount of progress made. It's that the save doesn't stagnate. If people come and say they want to do it for a week but think they can only do half a season, (they might only play at the weekend for example), then it makes sense for us to allow for that. 

That would make sense.  I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to see this stagnate either and especially doesn't want to be the cause of the stagnation (stupid anxiety).  I would suggest a country that has fewer games.  If this was done in league 1 or 2 the 46 regular games (plus cup games) could cause some delay issues. 

I'm excited about this.  Ready for FM23.

Not sure where I'm going with my first save of FM23, I always enjoy a spell in Africa but its waiting for the files to come out for them as I'm no good doing it myself. I also enjoyed doing the regional save, being Racing Santander and signing players just from the region of Cantabria in Northern Spain. I may try that in Italy or Germany. I have a few other saves in mind too like toppling Sheriff in Moldova with just Moldovan players. 

8 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Not sure where I'm going with my first save of FM23, I always enjoy a spell in Africa but its waiting for the files to come out for them as I'm no good doing it myself. I also enjoyed doing the regional save, being Racing Santander and signing players just from the region of Cantabria in Northern Spain. I may try that in Italy or Germany. I have a few other saves in mind too like toppling Sheriff in Moldova with just Moldovan players. 

If you enjoy managing Real Santander and signing local region players, maybe you have found the type of save that works for you and just need to change the club/Nation/Continent to keep it fresh. A transferable template if you wil. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been far more active than usual on my save with Alemannia Aachen, which you can read about on the blog here.

Most recent edition (March 2024) was an eventful one, with VAR involved in game decisions most weeks as well as important games against the sides around us.

There is also some stuff at the end about the Scotland National Team, who've had a bit of an eventful recent turn of events in this save.

Potentially on the last day of FM22 I've just had a brand new stadium named after me, that's the first time in FM for me I think. 

I've played a couple more seasons of an old Ashantis GB save in Guinea and won the African Champions League for the first time in the 2032/33 season and now this new stadium. 

A great way to sign off if the Beta does drop this evening. 

Congrats. 

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

Potentially on the last day of FM22 I've just had a brand new stadium named after me, that's the first time in FM for me I think. 

I've played a couple more seasons of an old Ashantis GB save in Guinea and won the African Champions League for the first time in the 2032/33 season and now this new stadium. 

A great way to sign off if the Beta does drop this evening. 

Congrats and perfect timing because I think it's imminent as in the next half hour or so. 

42 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Is the youth development fixed?

I just started to play slowly the last couple of days, because I got finally hit by the covid thingy.

So far Im enjoying what Im seeing.

Yes, the new patch changes it

I've found a club with foreign newgens that I haven't seen mentioned before - Arronches Benfica in the Portuguese 4th tier, going on their grey players they get newgens from Guinea-Bissau (with Portuguese as their second nationality). Could be a good save for someone after an unusual club.

Edited by Scoham

2 hours ago, Scoham said:

I've found a club with foreign newgens that I haven't seen mentioned before - Arronches Benfica in the Portuguese 4th tier, going on their grey players they get newgens from Guinea-Bissau (with Portuguese as their second nationality). Could be a good save for someone after an unusual club.

:eek::eek::eek: very good spot that man. :applause:

2 hours ago, Scoham said:

Good job, i noticed them on this list a few days ago. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JhcGr1klpbLLNtrmufWcIKvWhdOxLwagKpBWaMdyvYA/edit#gid=10819038

Now we know it is true, thanks !

Edited by OlivierL

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/11/2022 at 23:56, kingjericho said:

To the mods,

is it possible to add a new post in the middle of older posts?

I ask this because I wanted to have a "career overview" post right after the opening post in my career thread

If they can't, just add it to the end of the opening post and hide it in a spoiler tag so that those who don't want to see it don't have to see it. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...