The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

I think I might have witnessed the best individual performance in my coaching adventure so far. I have this very intelligent player in my U12 team who's also quite decent technically and today I played him at DM in a 4-3-1 for the first time since the start of the season I think. **** me, the boy looked better than anyone the Legia senior team have for this position. :D Incredible spatial awareness, great movement off the ball and composure in possession, that was a huge joy to watch. Of course he's way too young for me to stick him into that position forever, but I love players like this in senior football, I think the no. 6 role is the most important one in a lot of systems and at the same time it's also probably the most difficult one to get right, so to see an 11-year-old do it at such a level was simply amazing. :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I think I might have witnessed the best individual performance in my coaching adventure so far. I have this very intelligent player in my U12 team who's also quite decent technically and today I played him at DM in a 4-3-1 for the first time since the start of the season I think. **** me, the boy looked better than anyone the Legia senior team have for this position. :D Incredible spatial awareness, great movement off the ball and composure in possession, that was a huge joy to watch. Of course he's way too young for me to stick him into that position forever, but I love players like this in senior football, I think the no. 6 role is the most important one in a lot of systems and at the same time it's also probably the most difficult one to get right, so to see an 11-year-old do it at such a level was simply amazing. :D

Future FM Wonderkid? :lol:

Can't decide whether I'lll do a write up this year. I do enjoy chronicling my career but it takes so much time from a game I get through so slowly anyway.

Maybe i'll just utilise the updates thread this year. Not going to have a lot of time to play midweek, so maybe justw eekly updates there.

A dedicated thread with one post a week might just get lost.

6 hours ago, anagain said:

Can't decide whether I'lll do a write up this year. I do enjoy chronicling my career but it takes so much time from a game I get through so slowly anyway.

Maybe i'll just utilise the updates thread this year. Not going to have a lot of time to play midweek, so maybe justw eekly updates there.

A dedicated thread with one post a week might just get lost.

For what it's worth, my advice is to try and do small regular updates. If you look at what @Makoto Nakamuradoes he does a really brief update each month, (that he sometimes expands with transfers), bit otherwise it's really not very labour intensive. If you start off with that and see how it goes maybe it will fit well. The problem with leaving it longer is that you want to include more, and if you are lacking the motivation then that can be a problem.

Anyway, just a suggestion. :thup:

9 hours ago, anagain said:

Can't decide whether I'lll do a write up this year.

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

For what it's worth, my advice is to try and do small regular updates

I second the above advice.

Smaller, regular updates seem to be easier to manage. I have found monthly for League updates, with some random other comments thrown in, like Cup games, transfers, or other oddities seems to work pretty well.

But do what works, and is fun for you :thup:

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

For what it's worth, my advice is to try and do small regular updates. If you look at what @Makoto Nakamuradoes he does a really brief update each month, (that he sometimes expands with transfers), bit otherwise it's really not very labour intensive. If you start off with that and see how it goes maybe it will fit well. The problem with leaving it longer is that you want to include more, and if you are lacking the motivation then that can be a problem.

Anyway, just a suggestion. :thup:

I'm always impressed with how much Makoto gets through.

For me, I go in every season thinking I'll make my write up more succinct this year. Then I soon end up with essay length updates. I like the writing so much that I actually often think about heading over to the stories forum. I think images make a nice difference though.

Not really a motivation to write thing...though I will never argue being lazy. More a fact that it can take me a month to play a season and that I'm finding even less time to play this year for life reasons. I want to write my big, long updates, full of information but dunno if I can keep it up. That, or whether updates will be so infrequent that I'll have to go look for my thread every time I come here. :eek:

We'll see. I appreciate the suggestions. @Punch, too.

Perhaps if it didn't take me the 30 minutes it just took me to run a match I might get through more...but don't see that changing. :D

1 hour ago, Punch said:

I have found monthly for League updates, with some random other comments thrown in, like Cup games, transfers, or other oddities seems to work pretty well.

Yep, this is for me also the best.

Im currently trying a game per game update, but its gettin kinda stale sometimes.

After x-number of dominating the oponents, idk what to say.

1 minute ago, Cheez3y said:

Im currently trying a game per game update

I do like your game by game updates, but I feel for me at least, it's too much for League games.

That's why I like the monthly update, with more regular updates for Cup games, and other odd things that happen.

But as I said, everyone plays differently, and enjoys different things. That's clearly shown in the diversity in these forums, which I also love reading.

Fly your own flag. Do what works for you, and you enjoy...all that stuff lol

Just now, Punch said:

I do like your game by game updates, but I feel for me at least, it's too much for League games.

That's why I like the monthly update, with more regular updates for Cup games, and other odd things that happen.

But as I said, everyone plays differently, and enjoys different things. That's clearly shown in the diversity in these forums, which I also love reading.

Fly your own flag. Do what works for you, and you enjoy...all that stuff lol

Ty.

"Fly your own flag." - This is the best advice.:brock:

Just try stuff and if you like it, then go for it.

FM's just not been on my mind for the past couple of weeks. I actually have an update I haven't gotten around to posting in all that time and I really should do soon. Playing a few matches yesterday afternoon is the only time I've been on since. It doesn't help that we're reaching the end of my term and I have a lot to get through assignment-wise with little energy for much else. It's why I had to stop after such a short time yesterday as I just felt too tired to play for long.

22 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I am thinking about starting a youth only challenge, but with access to CA/PA so I can track their progress quite literally.  Just need a country!

Do you want a Club/Country who will produce youngsters that will produce players good for the domestic level, but poor on the World stage, or do you want a club who's Nation produce good players, but where it will be a tough ask to get your share of these players? 

There is such a variance available in Youth Only saves. 

Also, how do you want to use the CA/PA knowledge. What are your aims?

[Edit]

I have some experience in these types of save so I have some advice.

If this is your 1st Youth Only save then somewhere like Iceland will be perfect. The domestic facilities in Iceland are very good meaning that it's possible to develop players well and rapidly, and of course the domestic challenge is not at the same level that it might be in other Nations. 

If you want a tougher challenge at a small club then Gibraltar is good for speeding through the seasons, but again the challenge is really more of a domestic one than anything involving European football, (although the Europa Conference means that European success is much more possible). 

I would suggest that you steer clear of small clubs at Nations who have very dominant bog clubs. Wales might seem like a decent idea but TNS are so dominant and because of the English Newgens that they produce they get an added boost. Germany is tough because I don't think you can play a player until they are.... is it 18 years old? It's certainly 17 I think. I wasn't able to do that when I tried. 

Portugal, 3 Giants, are a tough ask and should probably be avoided. Serbia outside the Big 2 should also be avoided.

1st think waht you want out of the save and then think what Nations might suit and from there find a club that fits. :thup:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Do you want a Club/Country who will produce youngsters that will produce players good for the domestic level, but poor on the World stage, or do you want a club who's Nation produce good players, but where it will be a tough ask to get your share of these players? 

There is such a variance available in Youth Only saves. 

Also, how do you want to use the CA/PA knowledge. What are your aims?

[Edit]

I have some experience in these types of save so I have some advice.

If this is your 1st Youth Only save then somewhere like Iceland will be perfect. The domestic facilities in Iceland are very good meaning that it's possible to develop players well and rapidly, and of course the domestic challenge is not at the same level that it might be in other Nations. 

If you want a tougher challenge at a small club then Gibraltar is good for speeding through the seasons, but again the challenge is really more of a domestic one than anything involving European football, (although the Europa Conference means that European success is much more possible). 

I would suggest that you steer clear of small clubs at Nations who have very dominant bog clubs. Wales might seem like a decent idea but TNS are so dominant and because of the English Newgens that they produce they get an added boost. Germany is tough because I don't think you can play a player until they are.... is it 18 years old? It's certainly 17 I think. I wasn't able to do that when I tried. 

Portugal, 3 Giants, are a tough ask and should probably be avoided. Serbia outside the Big 2 should also be avoided.

1st think waht you want out of the save and then think what Nations might suit and from there find a club that fits. :thup:

Thank you.

I have done a few youth only saves and started doing them two years ago.  I got FC United into the Premier League doing this.  My highlight last year was taking Babberich from the Dutch eighth tier to the second tier.  It took me around forty seasons to get this far.

I will use CA/PA to give myself a bigger understanding of youth development and I can see the raw data of improvement ( or lack of).

I have done Iceland before and the weird youth set up is off putting.  Having to send players on loan to the under 19’s as they share this with other clubs.  Very very weird.

Germany has now changed and you can play the kids from 16 years of age.  It used to be 17.

I currently have an Andorra save that is youth only and I don’t even have an academy!  Three completed seasons and I have just won promotion to the top tier and still have the same players I started with.  Prize money in the top flight should enable me to start a youth academy.

I have decided to start in Scotland.  In the eighth tier. As Gratanar.  It is somewhat ironic because I was holidaying for a season for this at the exact same time that @Makoto Nakamurawas.  He is with New Elgin.  I haven’t loaded the editor with the save though so I am eligible for the Youth Academy challenge.

Edited by DazRTaylor

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

@Jimbokav1971(and any others who focus on the youth intake side of this) - have you ever seen this before??

41dc64f1b3653d5669d214e20a277263.gif

That is a 37 player youth intake! Surely a bug?

752591fae292a97869120c34d7503a95.png

I've had the odd intake the season I've joined a club where I get an extra player or two that the club had poached from another club, but never that many! 

1 minute ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I've had the odd intake the season I've joined a club where I get an extra player or two that the club had poached from another club, but never that many! 

None of these are poached though! I don't recall seeing the intake preview so it may have been before I joined the club and, as such, it may be some kind of balancing act - but it just seems weird!

On 25/11/2021 at 09:22, Muttley84 said:

What are people playing and telling in the FMCU. Only FM22 careers in Europe, with at least 5 replies, in the past 2 weeks. Seems that they are a bit fewer careers than in previous editions (don't have statistical data to back that up, but might be an indicator of younger generations moving away from static forums towards video stories and streaming their play). UK still a bit dominant, but we have a nice spread across Europe. Keep playing guys! P.S. Sorry if I missed your career, not intended. 

Presentation1c9b194e74e5b97dd.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do this, and checking my thread! :)

I'm surprised with the lack of saves in Spain, but also in Scandinavia. Norway is fun, I did a save there in FM12 and FM18 and will definitely get there again this year.

On 01/12/2021 at 04:09, kingjericho said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this, and checking my thread! :)

I'm surprised with the lack of saves in Spain, but also in Scandinavia. Norway is fun, I did a save there in FM12 and FM18 and will definitely get there again this year.

I love Scandinavian saves. Done one in every country there and always enjoyed it. 

idk how to search this answer, so I just ask.

As my next save Im planning a Building A Nation save with an African country.

How do you get better players?

I know there are some factors which are important:

Game Imporance - This cant change as I read correctly.

Youth Rating - In FM22 this can be improved.

Reputation - This can surely get better too, or?

Are there any other factors?

25 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

idk how to search this answer, so I just ask.

As my next save Im planning a Building A Nation save with an African country.

How do you get better players?

I know there are some factors which are important:

Game Imporance - This cant change as I read correctly.

Youth Rating - In FM22 this can be improved.

Reputation - This can surely get better too, or?

Are there any other factors?

I've had plenty of experience in Africa on previous FMs, its a lot of luck, I had plenty of good players poached from Africa that went to France. I think when you have players beginning to be poached you know that your intake should start producing better players. 

There's dynamic youth rating now this FM but i'm yet to see it in my own personal save. Rep is important in attracting the best youth from that given nation. I would improve youth recruitment and junior coaching first above facilities if you are strapped for cash. 

@Jimbokav1971 and @Makoto Nakamura will have a better answer for this though. 

In that horrible feeling of trying to find a long term save. I think a European team, not in a top nation or top division. Maybe a sort of Nation builder. Had some possibilities in my head.

Finland, Ireland, Greece were my top three

9 hours ago, Peter G said:

In that horrible feeling of trying to find a long term save. I think a European team, not in a top nation or top division. Maybe a sort of Nation builder. Had some possibilities in my head.

Finland, Ireland, Greece were my top three

Good choices. I am doing it with San Marino at the moment but I don't expect you want to torture yourself.

I want to do it with an African nation.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Pretty passing patterns and lovely off the ball movement is all well and good, but talk to us about how many players were wearing hats? Exactly how cold is it there at the moment? (Only joking, I know it's probably ridiculously cold. Well done). :thup:

11 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Pretty passing patterns and lovely off the ball movement is all well and good, but talk to us about how many players were wearing hats? Exactly how cold is it there at the moment? (Only joking, I know it's probably ridiculously cold. Well done). :thup:

Around 0* C at the moment, which is already way too cold for my liking. :D

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Their xH is off the charts 

On 05/12/2021 at 10:59, ToMexico!! said:

I've had plenty of experience in Africa on previous FMs, its a lot of luck, I had plenty of good players poached from Africa that went to France. I think when you have players beginning to be poached you know that your intake should start producing better players. 

There's dynamic youth rating now this FM but i'm yet to see it in my own personal save. Rep is important in attracting the best youth from that given nation. I would improve youth recruitment and junior coaching first above facilities if you are strapped for cash. 

@Jimbokav1971 and @Makoto Nakamura will have a better answer for this though. 

So its basicly a waiting game now.

If I read corrently you need improve your club (also the entire league) and the national team.

@Jimbokav1971 Right click on the player's name > Discipline Player For > Poor Performance > Warning/Fine.

The option isn't always there though. Sometimes you can have two players get the same rating in the same game, but it will only be there for one. Or you can lose in a game in a horrible manner and not be given the option for any of the players.

It irritates me no end that I can't decide who should be fined at all times, and that I can only fine players that the game has already judged were worth fining. 

2 hours ago, DaneBramage said:

@Jimbokav1971 Right click on the player's name > Discipline Player For > Poor Performance > Warning/Fine.

The option isn't always there though. Sometimes you can have two players get the same rating in the same game, but it will only be there for one. Or you can lose in a game in a horrible manner and not be given the option for any of the players.

It irritates me no end that I can't decide who should be fined at all times, and that I can only fine players that the game has already judged were worth fining. 

I've found it thanks. The reason I was having such trouble is that I was trying to discipline a player for a poor performance in their last game, (seems fair enough), when they had been sent off and I had already disciplined them for the sending off, (maybe not fair enough). :lol:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've found it thanks. The reason I was having such trouble is that I was trying to discipline a player for a poor performance in their last game, (seems fair enough), when they had been sent off and I had already disciplined them for the sending off, (maybe not fair enough). :lol:

I miss the days of FM07 when you could fine anyone at any time. Red card in an important game? That'll be two weeks' wages for the dismissal, two for poor performance, and two more for unprofessional behaviour. Lose to a lower league side in the cup? Fines for everyone!

27 minutes ago, DaneBramage said:

I miss the days of FM07 when you could fine anyone at any time. Red card in an important game? That'll be two weeks' wages for the dismissal, two for poor performance, and two more for unprofessional behaviour. Lose to a lower league side in the cup? Fines for everyone!

I think it's been about that long since I specifically fined anyone without being prompted. I just haven't done it so when it came to doing it I was like..... "well I know it's here somewhere but I'm fudged if I can find it"  :lol:

1 hour ago, Muttley84 said:

What are people playing and telling in the FMCU. Only FM careers in Europe, in the past 10 days. Geographical location not accurate. A resurgence of UK and some spread across three other regions: southern Europe, Balkans, northen Europe. Keep playing guys!

FM_Presentation15aad17d3853fd702.jpg

image.png.a741893bcaa99f87109bd32cef03acf7.png

Going to make my mark around here!

8 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

What are people playing and telling in the FMCU. Only FM careers in Europe, in the past 10 days. Geographical location not accurate. A resurgence of UK and some spread across three other regions: southern Europe, Balkans, northen Europe. Keep playing guys!

FM_Presentation15aad17d3853fd702.jpg

Nice!

OK, I think I've spotted why. Because of all the spam we usually get, any post containing 'Keto' (even quoting a user with that somewhere in their name) is potentially flagged and hidden as spam. Another mod already sorted it out anyway.