The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Fantastic, loved to hear this. Good luck in the remaining games.

The possibility of other doors being opened even if only to expand your ideas and push your development is also really positive.

I watched the video too and think that is a great quality for the level. Were you involved in that?

Congrats 👏 

Thanks for the kind words. :thup: I arrived at the club on Friday, so I can't really say I was very much involved in the win. I only shared a few observations with the head coach throughout the game, that's it. The real work starts now, I'm going to be fully involved in training and obviously analysis. I also agree with you on the quality, it's better than I expected. The head coach has some interesting tactical ideas, we are playing in a very modern way, especially in the offensive phase, and we also have some standout players (#11 for example, fantastic technique and very quick feet for the level we're at).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Thanks for the kind words. :thup: I arrived at the club on Friday, so I can't really say I was very much involved in the win. I only shared a few observations with the head coach throughout the game, that's it. The real work starts now, I'm going to be fully involved in training and obviously analysis. I also agree with you on the quality, it's better than I expected. The head coach has some interesting tactical ideas, we are playing in a very modern way, especially in the offensive phase, and we also have some standout players (#11 for example, fantastic technique and very quick feet for the level we're at).

Nice one. The video was well put together too, impressed by that. Perhaps start off with your team sheet next time for us uneducated readers to follow :)

2 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

Well....since my Croydon save went down the toilette that quickly I need somthing new.

- MLS save inspired by the 13 colonies

- lower league French save with Les Ulis

- national team stuff with nation switching

I cant decided...

MLS gets my vote as it always brings a different view and approach and the league gets little coverage. I'll be honest, I am too dumb to know anything about the 13 colonies.

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

MLS gets my vote as it always brings a different view and approach and the league gets little coverage. I'll be honest, I am too dumb to know anything about the 13 colonies.

Im leaning toward the MLS too.

Its just such a different thing.

12 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

Well....since my Croydon save went down the toilette that quickly I need somthing new.

- MLS save inspired by the 13 colonies

- lower league French save with Les Ulis

- national team stuff with nation switching

I cant decided...

MLS

22 hours ago, oriole01 said:

What's the 13 colonies aspect all about? Just playing with teams from those states or something deeper?

Players which are born in the 13 colonies and some player from UK+Irland.

Also I will try and form a rivalry with the other teams from the region.

A couple of FMs ago I wrote up a couple of seasons as manager of Koper, a Slovenia club. It was my second time managing Koper in FM. I had enjoyed the first save (don't believe it's written up - was a while back) so much that I chose to go back and bring the newly relegated Koper (relegated for non-football reasons) back to the top league.

Well, fast forward to 2023. I'm travelling across Europe, taking a break from working life in the UK. I am in Slovenia for five days and decided to visit Koper. I wish I could have been here for the game a few days ago but sadly my plans didn't converge.

So here I am in Koper.PXL_20230919_085037824.thumb.jpg.5aa2606e455f0155d4a6d5be63aa521b.jpgPXL_20230919_085544831.thumb.jpg.fcbf95b42ca06206a39863d82ae487fe.jpgPXL_20230919_084938860.thumb.jpg.60305f9af1d31c955e0a4f4382186fbe.jpg

Sadly, the shop is closed but I spoke to someone on the coaching staff and he said he'd ask if someone could let me in to buy a shirt. If I go back a bit later they'll try and make it happen.

This is the first time I have managed to get to one of the clubs I have good memories of managing in FM.

In a few days I am visiting MTK Budapest (though I obviously didn't mention that to the guy I spoke to). I will add that story to my MTK Budapest thread from FM23. I didn't want to ressurect a couple of years old thread.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has visited an FM club. It's a giddy feeling being here.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to try and return here for FM24, but with something that seems a whole lot different.  I've always been quite curious in turning FM into more of a story generator, rather than necessarily relying on how I'm playing it.  So kind of using playing the game (or even just monitoring it) as the means of getting the broad brush strokes, then surrounding it with the other nonsense that can make threads so much more entertaining.

So for months now I've been working on something in the background that makes the editor less eye-bleedingly tedious to use, with the aim of being able to make large-scale edits/creations of players, clubs, everything in the world.  This is ultimately going to be about creating a completely new world (which I've dabbled with in the past) but as a test, I'm going to be making a much smaller edit that puts some completely fictional clubs into the Scottish pyramid, with hand-crafted custom players and associated "extreme" personalities.  Then use that world to play through and generate a story or thread off the back of it.  Almost like a combination of something from this forum, the experiments forum, and the full-on FM stories one.  As a taster of the idea (the current one at least), it would be the story of a fictional Scottish phoenix club that rose from the ashes of a Gretna-like club that ended up going bust.  At the same time, the "old" dead club would have been revived, creating a ready-made rivalry.  The players on the phoenix club would have specific traits - the forward who is absolutely massive but technically awful, the psychopathic midfield general, the hilariously tiny goalkeeper - that would see things be a little more interesting.

I often talk a good game, so this may well never get off the ground, but hoping it can be something a bit different if people are interested.

52 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I'm probably going to try and return here for FM24, but with something that seems a whole lot different.  I've always been quite curious in turning FM into more of a story generator, rather than necessarily relying on how I'm playing it.  So kind of using playing the game (or even just monitoring it) as the means of getting the broad brush strokes, then surrounding it with the other nonsense that can make threads so much more entertaining.

So for months now I've been working on something in the background that makes the editor less eye-bleedingly tedious to use, with the aim of being able to make large-scale edits/creations of players, clubs, everything in the world.  This is ultimately going to be about creating a completely new world (which I've dabbled with in the past) but as a test, I'm going to be making a much smaller edit that puts some completely fictional clubs into the Scottish pyramid, with hand-crafted custom players and associated "extreme" personalities.  Then use that world to play through and generate a story or thread off the back of it.  Almost like a combination of something from this forum, the experiments forum, and the full-on FM stories one.  As a taster of the idea (the current one at least), it would be the story of a fictional Scottish phoenix club that rose from the ashes of a Gretna-like club that ended up going bust.  At the same time, the "old" dead club would have been revived, creating a ready-made rivalry.  The players on the phoenix club would have specific traits - the forward who is absolutely massive but technically awful, the psychopathic midfield general, the hilariously tiny goalkeeper - that would see things be a little more interesting.

I often talk a good game, so this may well never get off the ground, but hoping it can be something a bit different if people are interested.

Sounds like an interesting idea, and a thread I'd be very keen to follow. :thup:

4 hours ago, forameuss said:

You are my hero if you pull this off! I've lobbied for a more friendly UI for the editor for years. Exciting project.

Just got this private message. 

Spoiler

Hello
Sorry if we approached you wrongly, our names are Precious and Olivier
Johnson Joko from Ivory Coast. l am 16 years old. l really need your
assistance. Our parents died some years back  and his family
members want to kill me and my only brother and sit on the
inheritance our father left for us in the bank.
We are now in a hiding place and the documents of inheritance are with us.
Please help us to have this fund transferred to your country and we
will come to join you.       
Reply at     dembakoffi@yahoo.com
I will be sending you our picture and  the documents  when we hear from you.
Sincerely
Precious & Olivier Joko

I need to send the Johnson Joko's cash quickly, so if anyone has any spare please get in touch. :lol:

Yep, just got the same thing... been a while since I've seen any kind of spam on these forums. It really did used to be a major problem with all those Korean "bulgeum" ads and the like :D. Kinda odd there's no option to report PMs, so hopefully it just goes away on its own.

• 3 weeks later...

So, my UEFA A course is slowly coming to an end with just the exams left. Last week, in addition to the weekend classes, we also went on a three day trip to Leverkusen to visit Bayer's academy. A great experience for us, we even got to meet two of their women's first team players who also happen to be the Polish national team players, Nikola Karczewska and Sylwia Matysik. We also learned about the academy's philosophy in general and attended a lecture by the U19 head coach.

IMWCos5.jpg

Uv4iyRa.jpg

uFMQcSN.jpg

zYaGoVI.jpg

bfs00ba.jpg

ELG1PL9.jpg

PTAoOhw.jpg

NkRJCNv.jpg

10 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Any fun stuff again? ;)

Not really, with those organised group visits you don't get anywhere near as much freedom or access as when you just go somewhere on your own. There's not much I can share apart from some photos I'm afraid.

It would seem as if today is the day and anytime after 17:20 (UK time), is the time, so what have we all got planned? 

1. I could continue my FM23 save with #FM24, (because this is the 1st time a new issue of FM will be save-game compatible), but I'm not sure continuing with a Beta is sensible in terms of game stability.

2. Start in the lowest reputation Nation in Asia, after holidaying for 1 season and picking a promoted team, and then play with absolutely no rules at all and see how many trophies I can win along the way, allowing myself to sign players AND move clubs, (within Asia, but only after I have won the top tier in that Nation). 

3. The Pele challenge. It seems weird that I have never done it, (and the reason of course is that it's not compatible with Goal-scoring GK's).

4. Go to Brazil and try to set a ridiculous record for career goals scored with a GK that will never be beaten. 

5. South American Journeyman, but Youth Only journeyman. 

6. I would love to do another save similar to that of Kosovo, (and please note that by typing what I am about to type I am in no way blaming 1 side more than the other side for what is going on in the real World right now), but I see there is a Palestinian 4 tiers database for FM23 available, (author is Erlingur). It would help me find out more about an area I know very little about, (other than the obvious of course). I wonder if it might be too political for an update thread though..... 

7. Related to #6 above Erlingur has also created an Israeli 5 tier database and I have never managed there either. (Is Israel in the game out of the box)? The names and pronunciations put me off managing in this part of the World usually. (Yeah, there were 2 Israeli tiers included in FM23 out of the box). 

8. I haven't managed my club Barnet, (in the National League in England), for what seems ages. Really should go back there at some point. 

9. Chelsea seems completely out of my comfort zone and so alien to who/how I usually play, but all their players makes it such an attractive proposition. 

10. Brighton, for very differing reasons, are also really interesting. I would have to introduce some sort of data analysis if I was to manage them through. 

11. Turkey is another place I have avoided managing in because of pronunciation issues, but would be really interesting. 

12. A South American Youth only career where I just stay at the same club. (I have an idea of the club but don't want to share at the moment). ***Winner*** :D

13. Lower League in Scotland, but I need a reliable database to start with. 

14. FC Vaduz in Switzerland/Liechtenstein has been on my to-do list for ages. 

15. FC Andorra, (for similar reasons), but also because they have an ex Barnet player playing for them, (Ruben Bover). 

What are you thinking? 

ps. I'm going to see how many of these threads I can find and add them in

Edited by Jimbokav1971

So guys... What do we chose for our fm career.  Classic or Real World mode? I see big difference in database between them (also game speed is too slow  in Real World  mode)and I don't know if Real World mode will be helpful in a long career also Any opinion is welcome. Thanks. 

Edited by Sheriff7

Isn't Real World just more about 1st season, so transfers that have happened in real life happen on same dates in game, so after 1st season most of that is done and dusted and it's just normal game after that???

4 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

Isn't Real World just more about 1st season, so transfers that have happened in real life happen on same dates in game, so after 1st season most of that is done and dusted and it's just normal game after that???

Yeah, those options are just about how you start the save.

1 hour ago, Maw74 said:

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeah, those options are just about how you start the save.

Thanks for the info. Still a big problem for me is database size and game speed if I choose Real World mode.

1 hour ago, Cheez3y said:

After almost 3 weeks of not playing any FM.....work is stressfull....I played one full season over the weekend.

Man....FM 24 is the best games of this entire series. By far.

It's certainly good out of the box for a Beta. 

I haven't even had a sniff of anything game-breaking in my game so far after just over 18 months gameplay. 

The fact that you can't control who takes set-pieces without controlling absolutely everything about set-pieces is annoying as hell, but it's certainly not game-breaking. 
I've noticed that there might be financial irregularities relating to gate receipts, but at this stage I don't even know if it's a bug never mind about a significant bug.
I have noticed far too many instances of defenders heading the ball behind to concede a corner, (presumably to get the corner % accurate), but again, certainly not game-breaking. 
Long shots possibly a little too over-effective. 
An inability to beat the 1st man with crosses. 

17 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's certainly good out of the box for a Beta. 

I haven't even had a sniff of anything game-breaking in my game so far after just over 18 months gameplay. 

The fact that you can't control who takes set-pieces without controlling absolutely everything about set-pieces is annoying as hell, but it's certainly not game-breaking. 
I've noticed that there might be financial irregularities relating to gate receipts, but at this stage I don't even know if it's a bug never mind about a significant bug.
I have noticed far too many instances of defenders heading the ball behind to concede a corner, (presumably to get the corner % accurate), but again, certainly not game-breaking. 
Long shots possibly a little too over-effective. 
An inability to beat the 1st man with crosses. 

Sure its not perfect, but there are so many quality of life improvements.

The set piece stuff is not perfect yet, but the varity you can see ingame is amazing.

In one season we scored 3-4 indirect freekicks after a nice passing routine. I never saw such things.

Watching games is really enjoyable, more then ever.

I think the long shots are fine.

For e.g. I signed Adrien Silva for free. He got 16 longshots and "shoots from distance"

He scored 3 screamers from the box and my tactics give him the freedom to do so.

23 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Sure its not perfect, but there are so many quality of life improvements.

The set piece stuff is not perfect yet, but the varity you can see ingame is amazing.

In one season we scored 3-4 indirect freekicks after a nice passing routine. I never saw such things.

Watching games is really enjoyable, more then ever.

I think the long shots are fine.

For e.g. I signed Adrien Silva for free. He got 16 longshots and "shoots from distance"

He scored 3 screamers from the box and my tactics give him the freedom to do so.

Yeah, I agree with some of that. 

Not sure what quality of life improvements there are though. 

I can no longer set my GK's to take free-kicks unless I also take over every aspect of both attacking and defending set-pieces. That seems to be the very opposite of what SI are trying to do, but when you raise it you are told that it's like that by design. We are literally forced to do LOADS of other things now in order to do something tiny that we did in previous issues of the game. 

Must admit that I haven't delved into the set-pieces yet, (so much else to do), but it's on the list and will have to be done sooner rather than later. I'm hoping I find it as rewarding as you. :thup:

Watching games is a bit of a mixed bag for me. The ball movement is certainly much improved, but still not sold on the ME/watching the game itself. Something that I have noticed about the ME is the way the game adapts to instructions from crossing delivery changing from "mixed" to "whipped". The representation of that in the ME, (and the fact that it's a gradual process rather than immediate is really good actualy. :thup:

Yeah long shots could be fine. I have just seen lots of long range low shots fly straight in, (from my Libero with Long Shots of 7). He scored 2 goals in the 1st half of the 1st season and then 8 in the 2nd half when I moved him to Libero. He's not a good Libero. He's just better than my old bloke. 

You didn't mention defenders heading the ball behind for a corner. Seen much of that? 

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yeah, I agree with some of that. 

Not sure what quality of life improvements there are though. 

I can no longer set my GK's to take free-kicks unless I also take over every aspect of both attacking and defending set-pieces. That seems to be the very opposite of what SI are trying to do, but when you raise it you are told that it's like that by design. We are literally forced to do LOADS of other things now in order to do something tiny that we did in previous issues of the game. 

Must admit that I haven't delved into the set-pieces yet, (so much else to do), but it's on the list and will have to be done sooner rather than later. I'm hoping I find it as rewarding as you. :thup:

Watching games is a bit of a mixed bag for me. The ball movement is certainly much improved, but still not sold on the ME/watching the game itself. Something that I have noticed about the ME is the way the game adapts to instructions from crossing delivery changing from "mixed" to "whipped". The representation of that in the ME, (and the fact that it's a gradual process rather than immediate is really good actualy. :thup:

Yeah long shots could be fine. I have just seen lots of long range low shots fly straight in, (from my Libero with Long Shots of 7). He scored 2 goals in the 1st half of the 1st season and then 8 in the 2nd half when I moved him to Libero. He's not a good Libero. He's just better than my old bloke. 

You didn't mention defenders heading the ball behind for a corner. Seen much of that? 

"I can no longer set my GK's to take free-kicks" 

Ok this is a special case. :lol:

I just starting tinkering with the set piece.

The first season I let the set piece coach do it and he did some brilliant stuff.

If I find the time I clip some videos.

Im a sucker for watching games, 90% off all games I watch. :lol:

Im amazed by the player movements, I seems like the roles finally getting reflected right.

And like you said you can finally see team or player instructions.

"heading the ball behind for a corner. Seen much of that"

I cant remember such thing. I will keep an eye on it now

1 hour ago, Cheez3y said:

"I can no longer set my GK's to take free-kicks" 

Ok this is a special case. :lol:

I just starting tinkering with the set piece.

The first season I let the set piece coach do it and he did some brilliant stuff.

If I find the time I clip some videos.

Im a sucker for watching games, 90% off all games I watch. :lol:

Im amazed by the player movements, I seems like the roles finally getting reflected right.

And like you said you can finally see team or player instructions.

"heading the ball behind for a corner. Seen much of that"

I cant remember such thing. I will keep an eye on it now

If you do some set piece stuff, or you see anyone else do some good stuff then link me in here please. :thup:

I recently went back to a FMC15 save because full fat FM has not really been for me in the later more recent releases., I have all the other releases but I just prefer the classic/touch versions, but I did give FM21, 22 and 23 a go but just found them too congested and a bit of a chore, so my intention was to play old save and wait to see what FM25 brings us as it sounds very interesting, and excited to see and hear more about that in future, anyway it didn't take long for the temptation to get the better of me though and I purchased FM24.

Only played a few games but already finding it much better than the previous 3.

What have they done to Bayern lol

44Y1n8.png

16 hours ago, Maw74 said:

I recently went back to a FMC15 save because full fat FM has not really been for me in the later more recent releases., I have all the other releases but I just prefer the classic/touch versions, but I did give FM21, 22 and 23 a go but just found them too congested and a bit of a chore, so my intention was to play old save and wait to see what FM25 brings us as it sounds very interesting, and excited to see and hear more about that in future, anyway it didn't take long for the temptation to get the better of me though and I purchased FM24.

Only played a few games but already finding it much better than the previous 3.

What have they done to Bayern lol

44Y1n8.png

Bayern down there is funny, but let's see if they stay down there. 

There is an awful lot that can be delegated now so as long as you have your settings right, I don't think the game has to be as onerous as it is when you start playing. You just lose a little control by doing so. I suppose it's finding a balance that works for you. 

On 25/10/2023 at 12:39, Jimbokav1971 said:

Bayern down there is funny, but let's see if they stay down there. 

There is an awful lot that can be delegated now so as long as you have your settings right, I don't think the game has to be as onerous as it is when you start playing. You just lose a little control by doing so. I suppose it's finding a balance that works for you. 

Bayern have improved with 3 wins in 5, we are doing the opposite.:(

5V7FWj.png

Yeah, right now I am delegating a lot of stuff, probably too much at moment lol,  game process is a lot faster and early signs are good that this release could (maybe) will stop me looking and going back, at least in a frustrated fed up way, 

On 19/10/2023 at 16:37, Jimbokav1971 said:

It would seem as if today is the day and anytime after 17:20 (UK time), is the time, so what have we all got planned? 

1. I could continue my FM23 save with #FM24, (because this is the 1st time a new issue of FM will be save-game compatible), but I'm not sure continuing with a Beta is sensible in terms of game stability.

2. Start in the lowest reputation Nation in Asia, after holidaying for 1 season and picking a promoted team, and then play with absolutely no rules at all and see how many trophies I can win along the way, allowing myself to sign players AND move clubs, (within Asia, but only after I have won the top tier in that Nation). 

3. The Pele challenge. It seems weird that I have never done it, (and the reason of course is that it's not compatible with Goal-scoring GK's).

4. Go to Brazil and try to set a ridiculous record for career goals scored with a GK that will never be beaten. 

5. South American Journeyman, but Youth Only journeyman. 

6. I would love to do another save similar to that of Kosovo, (and please note that by typing what I am about to type I am in no way blaming 1 side more than the other side for what is going on in the real World right now), but I see there is a Palestinian 4 tiers database for FM23 available, (author is Erlingur). It would help me find out more about an area I know very little about, (other than the obvious of course). I wonder if it might be too political for an update thread though..... 

7. Related to #6 above Erlingur has also created an Israeli 5 tier database and I have never managed there either. (Is Israel in the game out of the box)? The names and pronunciations put me off managing in this part of the World usually. (Yeah, there were 2 Israeli tiers included in FM23 out of the box). 

8. I haven't managed my club Barnet, (in the National League in England), for what seems ages. Really should go back there at some point. 

9. Chelsea seems completely out of my comfort zone and so alien to who/how I usually play, but all their players makes it such an attractive proposition. 

10. Brighton, for very differing reasons, are also really interesting. I would have to introduce some sort of data analysis if I was to manage them through. 

11. Turkey is another place I have avoided managing in because of pronunciation issues, but would be really interesting. 

12. A South American Youth only career where I just stay at the same club. (I have an idea of the club but don't want to share at the moment). ***Winner*** :D

13. Lower League in Scotland, but I need a reliable database to start with. 

14. FC Vaduz in Switzerland/Liechtenstein has been on my to-do list for ages. 

15. FC Andorra, (for similar reasons), but also because they have an ex Barnet player playing for them, (Ruben Bover). 

What are you thinking? 

ps. I'm going to see how many of these threads I can find and add them in

I also collected some ideas.

1) You mentioned Turkey....Altinordu is now in the 3rd tier. And with the Bilbao club culture, this could be a really tough and fun one.

2) Finally finish one of the OG challenges like British & Irish Steel, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Pentagon/Hexagon

3) Conquer all of Brazil; There are like 40+ trophies you can collect and some teams could play over 90+ games  in one year.

4) Conquer all of the Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland)

5) Youth Challenge; the proper one or with a signing culture for e.g. FC Gute (Gotland), Balearic Islands, specific region/city

5) Themed One club save, but I done a lot of those. for e.g. 1. FC Slovacko (Czech/Slovak players), Sint-Truiden (J-League is now in the game), team from Norway/Denmark/Sweden and be the gateway to Europe for African/Asian players

6) Themed journey man, but I done a lot of those. for e.g. survival specialist, league runner-ups (I started one in FM22)

7) Club & Country save (probably DBs needed); I still want to push Thailand to a World Cup title.

8) DoF challenge (with the editor); Really like the small save I had.

9) Nation Switch stuff (with the editor); I still want to see, if a Caribbean team can win the World Cup.

23 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Question....

I never continued a beta save after the full release.

Really no problems at all?

I really want to start.

My Southend save is only until some downloadable leagues are available. Preferably Africa of course. 

38 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Question....

I never continued a beta save after the full release.

Really no problems at all?

I really want to start.

My best and longest save ever was started on the FM16 beta. No issues at all.

20 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

My best and longest save ever was started on the FM16 beta. No issues at all.

This is what I wanted to here. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

My Southend save is only until some downloadable leagues are available. Preferably Africa of course. 

Do you have a destination or still undecided?

19 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

This is what I wanted to here. Thanks.

Do you have a destination or still undecided?

Undecided at the moment. I want to go smaller again but a nation with links to Europe. 

Equatorial Guinea > Spain

Togo > Germany

Benin > France