Jump to content

The New FMCU General Discussion Thread


deltablue
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

I think I already know the answer, but assume the list of playable leagues is the same as FM21?  Can't find anything definitive online, just people talking about licensed leagues, which I don't care about.

Latvia's the only addition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

Latvia has been added.

Just now, Scoham said:

Latvia's the only addition.

Cheers guys, that actually might be perfect, given that Scotland are now...less ****, and Gibraltar aren't quite as new, wanting somewhere new to try a proper club and country save without needing to use the editor.  Latvia sounds a new and interesting prospect.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Are we skipping the FMCU awards this year?

Sorry, I was kind of hoping someone else would have mentioned it earlier and take the lead, but I geuss it can still slot in before the proper FM22 release date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have FM22 plans. Ipswich are surely going to be fun this year (though it looks like SI have added many more things that might potentially cause issues with players and potential firings than I'm used to), and I'm just reading Jon Wilson's book on Argentine football which has revived an old idea of a Latin American journeyman. I think my avatar looks a lot better than others I've tried in the past ;)

me2.thumb.jpg.50e7dd3ac3bb3cf8fa22e1857ff2bb01.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, deltablue said:

I have FM22 plans. Ipswich are surely going to be fun this year (though it looks like SI have added many more things that might potentially cause issues with players and potential firings than I'm used to), and I'm just reading Jon Wilson's book on Argentine football which has revived an old idea of a Latin American journeyman. I think my avatar looks a lot better than others I've tried in the past ;)

me2.thumb.jpg.50e7dd3ac3bb3cf8fa22e1857ff2bb01.jpg

You look like you have peed yourself. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to decide on my first FM22 save at the moment, I have a few options in mind and they're so different from one another that I just can't make up my mind. :D Not sure if I'm going to have the time to invest into a long-term project, I've had a lot of work to do since the start of the season with my real life coaching as well as the analysis job I have. Decisions, decisions!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jackripper said:

Do you know what there finances are like as i know Schalke have a lot of debt which helps to the challenge. 

In real life, they filed for bankruptcy in June of 2020. So not great, you would think...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/10/2021 at 13:40, Rikulec said:

Trying to decide on my first FM22 save at the moment, I have a few options in mind and they're so different from one another that I just can't make up my mind. :D Not sure if I'm going to have the time to invest into a long-term project, I've had a lot of work to do since the start of the season with my real life coaching as well as the analysis job I have. Decisions, decisions!

If you want something to really get your teeth into then Vit. Setúbal in Portugal is an absolute belter. Previous big club relegated 2 leagues because of breaching Liga NOS rules, (I'm assuming financial), and now in serious financial trouble in the 3rd tier in Portugal. They appear to start off FM22 about £2.5M in the red but I'm 2 year in now so I can't tell you what players they start with or what the wage/budget position is. I mentioned them in my thread. I think they are a brilliant idea for someone interested in managing in Portugal who doesn't mind a BIG challenge. 

If and when I complete my Beta save with Belenenses, I would seriously consider having a go with Vit. Setúbal because it will be such a different challenge. My little dabble with Barca has piqued my interest as to what exactly is possible and Vit. Setúbal would be close to the ultimate challenge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If you want something to really get your teeth into then Vit. Setúbal in Portugal is an absolute belter. Previous big club relegated 2 leagues because of breaching Liga NOS rules, (I'm assuming financial), and now in serious financial trouble in the 3rd tier in Portugal. They appear to start off FM22 about £2.5M in the red but I'm 2 year in now so I can't tell you what players they start with or what the wage/budget position is. I mentioned them in my thread. I think they are a brilliant idea for someone interested in managing in Portugal who doesn't mind a BIG challenge. 

If and when I complete my Beta save with Belenenses, I would seriously consider having a go with Vit. Setúbal because it will be such a different challenge. My little dabble with Barca has piqued my interest as to what exactly is possible and Vit. Setúbal would be close to the ultimate challenge. 

Thanks for the suggestion, now I have even more options to choose from. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

hate the Beta - not because it's bad - just because I want to get started with my long term save and it requires some additional files. So, in the meantime, I've been working to automate (all but the images, obviously) a new analysis tool for recruiting players, modelling wonderfully by Ollie Watkins here...

c9f08913735c928974712bea52579e04.png

Few things to clean up but I'm happy with that, on the whole!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is a thing of beauty 👏

25 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

hate the Beta - not because it's bad - just because I want to get started with my long term save and it requires some additional files. So, in the meantime, I've been working to automate (all but the images, obviously) a new analysis tool for recruiting players, modelling wonderfully by Ollie Watkins here...

c9f08913735c928974712bea52579e04.png

Few things to clean up but I'm happy with that, on the whole!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got that horrible feeling of trying to decide some saves for this year. I have a dafuge challenge for year long interest. At some point I will obviously do a Southend save and I was tempted by Corinthian Casuals as a Youth Only when the full game comes out. But, I obviously don't want every save to be in England. Funny rules and nations are what make FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peter G said:

Got that horrible feeling of trying to decide some saves for this year. I have a dafuge challenge for year long interest. At some point I will obviously do a Southend save and I was tempted by Corinthian Casuals as a Youth Only when the full game comes out. But, I obviously don't want every save to be in England. Funny rules and nations are what make FM.

Try an LLM in Norway or Sweden. Always fun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just been holidaying England to see what the process speed is like.

It's currently the 75/76 season and Man Utd and Liverpool haven't won a single title between them!

Man City have won 31,Chelsea and Leeds are next with 7 each,Arsenal have won 6 while Leicester and Blackburn have won 1 each!

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Now this is a thing of beauty 👏

 

Gone a little further with this, too...

Images have been removed as I will just copy and paste them in when needed. Here is the selector in action, working both by drop down and name search:

20a7a229885168c4c690739234484e0e.gif

---

Now, FM does a nice job of comparing attributes of players but doesn't really dig into statistics, so...using the same data set as the above gif, I can now do so:

4f7d14b2f8ddcf817b256783ef9a541c.gif

---

I've also got a nice little viz for the minutes/age (something @cmason84excels in using) but with an added tweak of a third axis, being minutes per game:

f9a4fb6f11bf19db60f8fffba2c8ba27.png

(Yes, I have signed Dani Ceballos for Villa and yes, he has been atrocious!)

---

Love to hear what people think or whether they'd use them in their games?

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Gone a little further with this, too...

Images have been removed as I will just copy and paste them in when needed. Here is the selector in action, working both by drop down and name search:

20a7a229885168c4c690739234484e0e.gif

---

Now, FM does a nice job of comparing attributes of players but doesn't really dig into statistics, so...using the same data set as the above gif, I can now do so:

4f7d14b2f8ddcf817b256783ef9a541c.gif

---

I've also got a nice little viz for the minutes/age (something @cmason84excels in using) but with an added tweak of a third axis, being minutes per game:

f9a4fb6f11bf19db60f8fffba2c8ba27.png

(Yes, I have signed Dani Ceballos for Villa and yes, he has been atrocious!)

---

Love to hear what people think or whether they'd use them in their games?

Someone has indeed been a busy body 😂 love to see it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Someone has indeed been a busy body 😂 love to see it 

I'm hitting a brick wall trying to skin the game how I want it so need something to fill the time!

8 minutes ago, forameuss said:

@_Ben_ Are you just using the "print screen" option (or whatever it's called now) to get data out or is there a better way now?

Yes - custom views and then print screened and copied into Excel. Still seems to be working as intended!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the numbers taken across all games? IE including internationals / friendlies etc?

As I'd like to know if someone was say padding their numbers by playing against San Marino.

Personally I like it. I would be more likely to use it to compare players in my own squad. I try and use two separate XIs. My A XI is the best player in that position. The 2nd XI is basically anyone who has been beaten out of a spot in the 1st XI.

Statistically I find the 2nd XI performs better of the two. As they play more games. They play the "weaker" opponents. But to have a quick visualization of just how well individual players in each XI are doing compared with each other. Would definitely help me decide whether players needed to swap the XI they were playing in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Gone a little further with this, too...

Images have been removed as I will just copy and paste them in when needed. Here is the selector in action, working both by drop down and name search:

20a7a229885168c4c690739234484e0e.gif

---

Now, FM does a nice job of comparing attributes of players but doesn't really dig into statistics, so...using the same data set as the above gif, I can now do so:

4f7d14b2f8ddcf817b256783ef9a541c.gif

---

I've also got a nice little viz for the minutes/age (something @cmason84excels in using) but with an added tweak of a third axis, being minutes per game:

f9a4fb6f11bf19db60f8fffba2c8ba27.png

(Yes, I have signed Dani Ceballos for Villa and yes, he has been atrocious!)

---

Love to hear what people think or whether they'd use them in their games?

This is very impressive. I can't help thinking that SI should be able to build this sort of comparison in.  As you say,  the data is already available. In real life teams make transfer decisions on this sort of data whereas in FM 75%+ of players probably just use CA and PA stars from scout reports (and maybe a quick look at attributes/ personality).

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Gone a little further with this, too...

Images have been removed as I will just copy and paste them in when needed. Here is the selector in action, working both by drop down and name search:

20a7a229885168c4c690739234484e0e.gif

---

Now, FM does a nice job of comparing attributes of players but doesn't really dig into statistics, so...using the same data set as the above gif, I can now do so:

4f7d14b2f8ddcf817b256783ef9a541c.gif

---

I've also got a nice little viz for the minutes/age (something @cmason84excels in using) but with an added tweak of a third axis, being minutes per game:

f9a4fb6f11bf19db60f8fffba2c8ba27.png

(Yes, I have signed Dani Ceballos for Villa and yes, he has been atrocious!)

---

Love to hear what people think or whether they'd use them in their games?

That's phenomenal @_Ben_ :applause:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jtomsett11 said:

This is very impressive. I can't help thinking that SI should be able to build this sort of comparison in.  As you say,  the data is already available. In real life teams make transfer decisions on this sort of data whereas in FM 75%+ of players probably just use CA and PA stars from scout reports (and maybe a quick look at attributes/ personality).

See I'm sure that while real life teams make decisions on this kind of data. I'm not sure it does them any favours. Bet there are a myriad of examples of players moving clubs and their stats not being replicated. Either due to the difference in quality of the leagues. The style of play of the two teams. The quality of the respective team mates.

Chelsea wanted the Torres that played like a beast for Liverpool. They paid the amount they did based on his performances and statistics. But they failed to understand that the way Liverpool played and the service Gerrard provided to him. Wasn't the way they were willing to play. Hence why his stats weren't replicated.

Statistically Wayne Rooney is England's top international goal scorer. Load of good it did us getting anywhere in major tournament football. 

In my opinion stats without context don't offer much insight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

See I'm sure that while real life teams make decisions on this kind of data. I'm not sure it does them any favours. Bet there are a myriad of examples of players moving clubs and their stats not being replicated. Either due to the difference in quality of the leagues. The style of play of the two teams. The quality of the respective team mates.

Chelsea wanted the Torres that played like a beast for Liverpool. They paid the amount they did based on his performances and statistics. But they failed to understand that the way Liverpool played and the service Gerrard provided to him. Wasn't the way they were willing to play. Hence why his stats weren't replicated.

Statistically Wayne Rooney is England's top international goal scorer. Load of good it did us getting anywhere in major tournament football. 

In my opinion stats without context don't offer much insight.

I agree completely,  context is everything. However,  in real life we don't have attributes and ability judgements that can be quantified (I am aware that some aspects can be by the way) so while it isn't always the best model,  it would be useful if FM incorporated the real life situation, or at least enabled us to do so easily (as we can do with attribute comparisons). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jtomsett11 said:

I agree completely,  context is everything. However,  in real life we don't have attributes and ability judgements that can be quantified (I am aware that some aspects can be by the way) so while it isn't always the best model,  it would be useful if FM incorporated the real life situation, or at least enabled us to do so easily (as we can do with attribute comparisons). 

I haven't gotten far enough into my save to see what data I get from the data hub. Does any of that compare?

Also, as this is my first save playing using a DoF doing the transfers. Is it normal for them to "fail" transfers because of a player already signed up to join who can play in the same position? 

I've got the board instruction to purchase young players to sell for profit. But my DoF refuses to sign the ones I want because we've got a transfer going on for someone who can play in the same position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep being undone by long balls over the top of my centre backs, even with us playing a deep defensive line. I'm right in thinking it's my defenders positioning stat that's at fault, right? Both are ok in the air, considering our level of football.

When it's happening with a high line, I think pace is an issue too, but it shouldn't be so frequent from a deep line, at least not for my money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

I keep being undone by long balls over the top of my centre backs, even with us playing a deep defensive line. I'm right in thinking it's my defenders positioning stat that's at fault, right? Both are ok in the air, considering our level of football.

When it's happening with a high line, I think pace is an issue too, but it shouldn't be so frequent from a deep line, at least not for my money. 

If this was real football, you wouldn't complain about the defenders being done in behind, (well you would but not just that). You would also be asking questions about lack of pressure on the ball that allowed the passer to spot the run and pick the pass in behind. 

If the defenders are already deep, then I would look at pressure on the ball. Who is playing the balls? If it's a playmaker can you target him? Try and stop the balls at source is my advice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If this was real football, you wouldn't complain about the defenders being done in behind, (well you would but not just that). You would also be asking questions about lack of pressure on the ball that allowed the passer to spot the run and pick the pass in behind. 

If the defenders are already deep, then I would look at pressure on the ball. Who is playing the balls? If it's a playmaker can you target him? Try and stop the balls at source is my advice. 

It's coming from their centre back. Proper route one. But it was happening when I was pressing high and now it's happening when we're deeper in. 

It's the type of ball that in real life is food and drink to any competent centre half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, withnail316 said:

It's coming from their centre back. Proper route one. But it was happening when I was pressing high and now it's happening when we're deeper in. 

It's the type of ball that in real life is food and drink to any competent centre half. 

I've noticed a lot of assistant messages regarding "we should be initiating a press whenever player X is on the ball"

whether this is just a change in language for the old "close down" opposition instruction. Or whether its tied in with the new pressing mechanics I'm not sure.

I have noticed (which is probably more realistic) that successful pressing is considerably harder in my opinion than in previous versions. In my pre season friendlies against absolutely nobody I could press the ball back easily.

But now I'm into competitive fixtures and there is at least a couple of passages of play where any team is able to keep the ball to some degree. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

I've noticed a lot of assistant messages regarding "we should be initiating a press whenever player X is on the ball"

whether this is just a change in language for the old "close down" opposition instruction. Or whether its tied in with the new pressing mechanics I'm not sure.

I have noticed (which is probably more realistic) that successful pressing is considerably harder in my opinion than in previous versions. In my pre season friendlies against absolutely nobody I could press the ball back easily.

But now I'm into competitive fixtures and there is at least a couple of passages of play where any team is able to keep the ball to some degree. 

Sorry, should probably have stated I'm still playing FM21. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 17:33, _Ben_ said:

hate the Beta - not because it's bad - just because I want to get started with my long term save and it requires some additional files. So, in the meantime, I've been working to automate (all but the images, obviously) a new analysis tool for recruiting players, modelling wonderfully by Ollie Watkins here...

c9f08913735c928974712bea52579e04.png

Few things to clean up but I'm happy with that, on the whole!

Oooffft. You tease. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question, game has been loaded onto new computer, have put the lower league file in the editor data folder, but it doesn't seem to appear when when I load up a new database...

 

Anyone seen this before, or have any ideas?

 

EDIT - fixed it...for some strange reason the game had two editor folders, and I had of course, put the files in the wrong one :seagull:  :lol:

Edited by Punch
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a thought on a save for FM22 (at least until edited countries come out).

Managing a large team (Manchester United, Liverpool...something along those lines), but do it youth only.  Only keep players that are homegrown and no transfers.  I would require myself to sell any non-homegrown players with the first available offer.  

I think the challenge is not buying players to keep up with everyone else and ensuring the youth that come through can maintain the quality of the team.

Does that sound interesting or is it a completely unoriginal idea, :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...