Jump to content

The New FMCU General Discussion Thread


deltablue
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if managing Barca in FM22 will be the financial nightmare that it should be to reflect reality. I would love it to be in the game and to have to manage the debt by turning Barca into a selling club. It's astonishing how poorly that club has been run. I wouldn't mind but they finished 7 pts behind Atletico this season and weren't even 2nd. Don't you sell Messi for £100M+ last season? 

Messi has been top scorer in La Liga in each of the last 5 years, but Barca have only won 2 of the last 5 titles, (R.Madrid (2) and Atletico winning the other 3). The strategy wasn't even working and they have completely screwed the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the post match notifications that Player X has now made Y number of appearances for the club or Player X now has Z number of career league goals when hitting a milestone. For a game so rich in statistical analysis, the record keeping could be so much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 19/06/2021 at 19:55, Muttley84 said:

What have been people playing lately around the FMCU? UEFA careers, with at least 10 replies, updated at least once since June 1st. Some of them (like my own) are dead and finished already, but they weren't as much as usually when I made previous maps. Guess people are getting either burned out with FM or to busy watching Euro2020. Geographic location is approximative as I've had one beer to much in watching Germany-Portugal. One can notice that despite UK having still the monopole of careers, there is a nicer spread of them around central Europe nations. The east is still pretty much for the conquer. 

Presentation1e09161154bac9cd4.jpg

1) I never commented on this before and I love it! Is there an updated version to come?

2) slightly related but open to anyone - can anyone tell me which countries (outside the big 5) have the lowest semi-pro level of football please? I’m in Switzerland at the moment and it’s semi-pro to tier 5. I think Portugal goes pretty deep too but wondering if anyone knows of any others. It doesn’t matter if they’re not in the vanilla game at all either. 

Thanks all!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a tier 10 file for Austria and semi-pro is from fifth tier and above in that.

I also have a level 7 database for Holland which is a bit weird as there is only one semi-pro team in tier 5 and that is Achilles '29.

Edited by B.W.G
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

2) slightly related but open to anyone - can anyone tell me which countries (outside the big 5) have the lowest semi-pro level of football please? I’m in Switzerland at the moment and it’s semi-pro to tier 5. I think Portugal goes pretty deep too but wondering if anyone knows of any others. It doesn’t matter if they’re not in the vanilla game at all either. 

idk exactly was semi-pro football means, as in, if it required to be semi-pro at the very least or if it means that majority of clubs are at least semi-pro. But in Swedens 5th tier there are only 28 clubs out of 144 clubs that are not semi-pro(all amatuers)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody!

Decided to take a stroll in to see what's up. Good to see some familiar names like @Jimbokav1971and @dafuge :)

On 13/07/2021 at 08:09, Fudal said:

Polish in heritage yes, but I am an American, Fudal is actually a part of my grandfathers surname when he came to America at Ellis Island, they gave him a more American name after gaining citizenship.

 

On 13/07/2021 at 08:46, Jimbokav1971 said:

I really don't like that. :thdn:

Happened to my Danish great-grandfather also. Sometimes I wonder if I could petition a court to have my name changed back. Mind you it would involve a change to the Danish æ which I don't think US computer systems can really handle. :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read a few threads where the author is listing the birth places/countries of their youth intakes. I've found a mapping website where you can place pins for locations, make groups (for each intake), change the icon/pin colour. Only downside is you can only put 100 pins in the map on the free version, more if you pay for the upgraded account. 

Its called MapHub. 

80653bb26be88272e72167616972a2d2.png

I thought a few people would be interested for their saves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

I've read a few threads where the author is listing the birth places/countries of their youth intakes. I've found a mapping website where you can place pins for locations, make groups (for each intake), change the icon/pin colour. Only downside is you can only put 100 pins in the map on the free version, more if you pay for the upgraded account. 

Its called MapHub. 

80653bb26be88272e72167616972a2d2.png

I thought a few people would be interested for their saves. 

This is a brilliant idea for those tracking their Youth Intakes.

I also wonder if it might help whoever does the map to show where we are all managing in this forum? I wonder if we could create a map and then post a link and everyone could add themselves?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This is a brilliant idea for those tracking their Youth Intakes.

I also wonder if it might help whoever does the map to show where we are all managing in this forum? I wonder if we could create a map and then post a link and everyone could add themselves?

I like this idea!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if anyone is struggling for a save prior to FM22 I think I might start a challenge similar to how we all done the Brondby one. 

Idea

This is the homegrown challenge! See rules below!

Rules

  • Agree on a nation and select a team that is in the lowest playable league 
  • You can only sign players who are 18 years old or younger. They must join the club whilst 18 to become eligible to be homegrown! Any players outside of that are not allowed
  • If you sell a player prior to him becoming homegrown you CANNOT sign him back
  • If you sell a player after he has become homegrown you can sign him back
  • See how far you can get up the leagues as well as trying to become the club with the most developed players playing in a top nation!

If anyone is interested in this then please let me know and I can set a thread up!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2e446a46c63cabbba6f56da2cfe0ccfb.png 
****ing yes :D Also knocked them out last season in first round knockout too :D Juventus or AC Milan in final.

EDIT: 

23a98a49e70d216d0ccf6ac28956912b.png 

Edited by john1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, deez0r said:

Also if anyone is struggling for a save prior to FM22 I think I might start a challenge similar to how we all done the Brondby one. 

Idea

This is the homegrown challenge! See rules below!

Rules

  • Agree on a nation and select a team that is in the lowest playable league 
  • You can only sign players who are 18 years old or younger. They must join the club whilst 18 to become eligible to be homegrown! Any players outside of that are not allowed
  • If you sell a player prior to him becoming homegrown you CANNOT sign him back
  • If you sell a player after he has become homegrown you can sign him back
  • See how far you can get up the leagues as well as trying to become the club with the most developed players playing in a top nation!

If anyone is interested in this then please let me know and I can set a thread up!

I'm enjoying my own save at the moment. I would be tempted by something that only took 1 season, or a community save that we passed along between us. A HG challenge is just too long an investment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had always wanted to try out FM after seeing so many Youtubers have fun with it and considering myself a career mode junkie. I finally purchased it a month ago, but just really got to delve into it this week.

It has been the most humbling experience of my video game life. I've started a career, got fired, change tactics, and got fired again countless times... pretty frustrating.

After looking at countless guides (and stalking these forums) I've decided just to have fun and keep the tactics simple this go round. 

And if I get fired? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️  At least I can say "I managed Bolton".

Link to post
Share on other sites

vAYLo1j.jpg

Got my first trophy already. :D We've only just started training this week and it turns out I'm going to be slowly introduced into the team over the next couple of weeks. Their departing coach is still there for that period and I'm there as an assistant, getting to know the players and stuff. I really like what I've seen so far, the atmosphere is great and I see a lot of potential for growth, both short and long term. We participated in a two-day tournament that ended today and, well, we won it. :D Our goalkeeper saved a crucial one-on-one in the final game as well after I had given him some tips specifically about that the game before, so I like to think I've already contributed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't add up:confused:

image.png.c4ec69850f5275a93dd60e5783d7d48b.png

 

But on the serious note congratulations ! :D  I wasn't following much through last few months but I assume you left Unia. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rrozek93 said:

This doesn't add up:confused:

image.png.c4ec69850f5275a93dd60e5783d7d48b.png

 

But on the serious note congratulations ! :D  I wasn't following much through last few months but I assume you left Unia. :D 

Yeah, it's... complicated. :lol: It was the kind of opportunity you just don't refuse, the way things are organised here is that it's relatively easy to get started and if you prove yourself, there's a clear pathway to the academy, and once you get there, it's up to you how far you can go. And yeah, I left Unia at the end of last season. Seems like it was the perfect time to do so as well, but I won't go into much detail. Cheers mate!

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Yeah, it's... complicated. :lol: It was the kind of opportunity you just don't refuse, the way things are organised here is that it's relatively easy to get started and if you prove yourself, there's a clear pathway to the academy, and once you get there, it's up to you how far you can go. And yeah, I left Unia at the end of last season. Seems like it was the perfect time to do so as well, but I won't go into much detail. Cheers mate!

Yeah . :D maybe one day you can come to Lech though lol :D 
That's nice. Is the job at LTC then ? It is very very new, I think it is more modern then Lech's academy. 

Anyway, good luck in your career ! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, rrozek93 said:

Yeah . :D maybe one day you can come to Lech though lol :D 
That's nice. Is the job at LTC then ? It is very very new, I think it is more modern then Lech's academy. 

Anyway, good luck in your career ! 

 

I've been to the LTC back in March, but I won't be working there. Only the academy teams from U14 upwards train there, I'm coaching the lead U12 team at Legia Soccer Schools as well as one of the regular U10 groups. Coming to Lech would be quite a twist, especially if I actually spend a few years here and develop the way I'd ideally like to! Thanks for your support. :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

European careers updated at least once from August 10 in the FMCU forum. I guess despite vacations people are still playing FM, with a certain shift towards central and southern European clubs, while the UK become a bit less popular (but still dominates). Keep playing and posting your careers guys!

Presentation1c52ce055a46aff20.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 19/08/2021 at 23:36, Reedinho said:

I had always wanted to try out FM after seeing so many Youtubers have fun with it and considering myself a career mode junkie. I finally purchased it a month ago, but just really got to delve into it this week.

It has been the most humbling experience of my video game life. I've started a career, got fired, change tactics, and got fired again countless times... pretty frustrating.

After looking at countless guides (and stalking these forums) I've decided just to have fun and keep the tactics simple this go round. 

And if I get fired? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️  At least I can say "I managed Bolton".

Got fired from Bolton, spent a short time in Portugal's 3rd division... and then this happened:

ec3aacda-394e-4739-bd9e-850f4aee6de0.png

06b30235-f71c-44a3-a93b-7f60a70cadaa.png

22479d30-d162-4b0a-8071-1f9d98737248.png

fdb7f121-7aee-4b50-b5ec-58f2de4825fe.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jolanthustrel said:

Congrats! A nice turn of fortune there. Yyou seem to be hitting your stride now.

Thanks! I had to understand that I couldn't just go to any team and impose my desire style (especially starting with the lowest reputation). It's now been two seasons since, and I just got hired on at Leeds (Bielsa retired and became general manager).

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/08/2021 at 14:37, Jolanthustrel said:

Are they trying to buy your keeper for like 10% of the value and not even all at once? I thought teams trying to buy my players in Iceland were low ballers.

Yeah lol, I don't mind it being below his value but that is just crazy stuff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know this is an old game but 70 seasons into this save and don't remember seeing this sort of thing before.

EExrPl.jpg

My players normally just go out on loan without issue, he went anyway.

qavJfw.jpg

But he said NO to a 2nd month lol

gy2ZlK.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/08/2021 at 10:05, Maw74 said:

What a joke of a bid!!!

Silly Gooners.:lol:

LsIO0o.png

 

On 23/08/2021 at 14:37, Jolanthustrel said:

Are they trying to buy your keeper for like 10% of the value and not even all at once? I thought teams trying to buy my players in Iceland were low ballers.

Wow, our GK's value goes up and Arsenal come back in with this bid.

IJfOAj.jpg

The Arsenal board in pic below.

48b0cac01c0ba8f2a244c5abba00ad1e.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that Barca are not really the type of save that us popular in this forum, but with them being £1M+ in debt being common knowledge now, and having to sell the likes of Griesmann and let Messi go in real life, I wonder how this will be coded into FM22 and what sort of challenge it will be. 

@lollujohas created a database for FM21 that allows him to have a stab at it, and it might be worth a look simply because it's so different to normal. I'm really interested in a save like this for example. 

With that in mind, which English clubs have the worst finances? Is there someone who is completely screwed? 

I've just done a search for "English football clubs in financial crisis" and this is one of the top returns. 

https://sqaf.club/football-club-debt-list/

Spurs seem to be in even more debt than Barca, despite being profitably run recently, (and now we know why). I'm guessing that a lot of the Spurs debt relates to their fantastic new stadium and that should be considered an investment rather than anything negative.

Chelsea have a £1.4BN debt owed to Abramovic, but it's unlikely that they will have to repay this so it's not included. 

If this sort of financial mess could be replicated in FM then I think I would be FAR more likely to give some of these clubs a try. At the moment it appears that all you have to do is get into Europe at a smaller Nation and you are financially sorted. It's interesting to look at it from the Big clubs perspective. I really hope that it's challenging for FM22.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just found out the most amazing thing - one of my players' dad records all our matches in full and uploads them to Youtube. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeCB0qLzT7UGMNhRqGew2yg/playlists

The Krzaki Czaplinkowskie playlist is from another friendly tournament we won last weekend. Enjoy! :D

EDIT: In case it's not obvious for the non-Polish audience, we play in green in this latest playlist. :D

Edited by Rikulec
Link to post
Share on other sites

We can clearly observe a reduce in the frequency of updates and new career emerging on the FMCU forum. I guess pretty much everyone is already expecting FM22 or got a bit jagged with playing FM21. As one could observe in play sight UK is not that fashionable anymore, and in September France is the place to be. Ok guys, let us make just another quick effort in FM21 for the October map ;) Play well!

FMCU_September3824e2a43a094cca.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of us have Masters' degrees to resume. :D Also, it's good to see that the Cadbury Heath logo moves closer to being in roughly the right place with every passing map ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

Some of us have Masters' degrees to resume. :D Also, it's good to see that the Cadbury Heath logo moves closer to being in roughly the right place with every passing map ;)

Maybe when you are the last survivor of playing in the UK (call it the "Highlander"), I can finally set it down with accurate google maps coordinates position 😁 Untill then I make them purely for fun and only based on my geography knowledge, no harm intended if I do something wrong 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Maybe when you are the last survivor of playing in the UK (call it the "Highlander"), I can finally set it down with accurate google maps coordinates position 😁 Untill then I make them purely for fun and only based on my geography knowledge, no harm intended if I do something wrong 

That's ok, it's actually close enough this time (it's specifically just east of Bristol, so a bit further to the South) but I just found it amusing seeing where it was on past maps :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 14:52, Muttley84 said:

We can clearly observe a reduce in the frequency of updates and new career emerging on the FMCU forum. I guess pretty much everyone is already expecting FM22 or got a bit jagged with playing FM21. As one could observe in play sight UK is not that fashionable anymore, and in September France is the place to be. Ok guys, let us make just another quick effort in FM21 for the October map ;) Play well!

FMCU_September3824e2a43a094cca.jpg

I think this is awesome ! Couple of months until FM22 drops, but I still haven't finished my save. Not sure what my plans will be. weather I will skip next FM and just carry on with my save or have 1 long terms save on fm22..... decisions decisions decisions....

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 14:52, Muttley84 said:

We can clearly observe a reduce in the frequency of updates and new career emerging on the FMCU forum. I guess pretty much everyone is already expecting FM22 or got a bit jagged with playing FM21. As one could observe in play sight UK is not that fashionable anymore, and in September France is the place to be. Ok guys, let us make just another quick effort in FM21 for the October map ;) Play well!

FMCU_September3824e2a43a094cca.jpg

Seeing this map each month always causes me to get a bit ahead of myself, and start thinking about where my next save should be. There's definitely a few big gaps that nobody's in at the moment that I've not tried before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 19/09/2021 at 22:08, Rikulec said:

It used to be absolutely unthinkable for me, but I think I might actually start FM22 with a Legia save. :lol:

:(  Sorry to hear that :D 

TBF I never manage Lech despite it being my beloved club. Last time I did was FM 20 on Beta but it was only for 1 season. But I also never managed Legia at all :D 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rrozek93 said:

:(  Sorry to hear that :D 

TBF I never manage Lech despite it being my beloved club. Last time I did was FM 20 on Beta but it was only for 1 season. But I also never managed Legia at all :D 

 

Haha. :D It's been a long time since I last properly managed Lech, can't even really remember when it was. Now I don't have anywhere near as much time for FM as I did in the past, so my short-to-medium-term save idea could actually stretch out for months. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...