Jump to content

The New FMCU General Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

A lot of it comes from username and avatar, (which of course can be misleading), and some people are able to write excellent English but simply choose not to in a relaxed situation such as this. 

If I take @Cheez3yfor example, I think the fact that he has a number being used as a letter in his username and it's a recognisable word in English made me think that not only was he English, but also that he's young. I was wrong. :lol:

Looking at @Fudalfor example he has a non English word, (feudal) is close but not the same and a picture of Lewandowski and Team: Poland suggests that your Polish. 

I already knew that @Rikulecwas Polish but have read so much of his stuff over the years I sometimes forget. 

@john1would seem to be an English Arsenal fan but not sure about the age. 

@DaneBramageI might be completely wrong here but I have always assumed that his name comes from the punk band Dain Bramage and because he's a Dane he put his own slant on things. Because of the type of music, (punk) I don't think he's that young, (but everyone's young to me :lol:)

@MotlhenI'm sure is from Scandiland, or is he just from England and likes playing in Scandi Nations? This is hard. :lol:

@MattyLewis11is a 30+ Londoner who likes playing in Scandiland. 

How did I do? :lol:

 

Pretty damn good, apart from I am from the West country ( Bristol) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

A lot of it comes from username and avatar, (which of course can be misleading), and some people are able to write excellent English but simply choose not to in a relaxed situation such as this. 

If I take @Cheez3yfor example, I think the fact that he has a number being used as a letter in his username and it's a recognisable word in English made me think that not only was he English, but also that he's young. I was wrong. :lol:

Looking at @Fudalfor example he has a non English word, (feudal) is close but not the same and a picture of Lewandowski and Team: Poland suggests that your Polish. 

I already knew that @Rikulecwas Polish but have read so much of his stuff over the years I sometimes forget. 

@john1would seem to be an English Arsenal fan but not sure about the age. 

@DaneBramageI might be completely wrong here but I have always assumed that his name comes from the punk band Dain Bramage and because he's a Dane he put his own slant on things. Because of the type of music, (punk) I don't think he's that young, (but everyone's young to me :lol:)

@MotlhenI'm sure is from Scandiland, or is he just from England and likes playing in Scandi Nations? This is hard. :lol:

@MattyLewis11is a 30+ Londoner who likes playing in Scandiland. 

How did I do? :lol:

 

Guys, we might be giving a little bit too much information about ourselves on the Internet. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If I take @Cheez3yfor example, I think the fact that he has a number being used as a letter in his username and it's a recognisable word in English made me think that not only was he English, but also that he's young. I was wrong. :lol:

Haha :lol:

Normally "Cheezey" is a common online nickname and is always already taken. Thats why i didnt test it. 

But I take it as compliment, that you are thinking I was English and a teenager. Im gettin old this year, the big 3 0 :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fudal said:

Polish in heritage yes, but I am an American, Fudal is actually a part of my grandfathers surname when he came to America at Ellis Island, they gave him a more American name after gaining citizenship.

I really don't like that. :thdn:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

A lot of it comes from username and avatar, (which of course can be misleading), and some people are able to write excellent English but simply choose not to in a relaxed situation such as this. 

If I take @Cheez3yfor example, I think the fact that he has a number being used as a letter in his username and it's a recognisable word in English made me think that not only was he English, but also that he's young. I was wrong. :lol:

Looking at @Fudalfor example he has a non English word, (feudal) is close but not the same and a picture of Lewandowski and Team: Poland suggests that your Polish. 

I already knew that @Rikulecwas Polish but have read so much of his stuff over the years I sometimes forget. 

@john1would seem to be an English Arsenal fan but not sure about the age. 

@DaneBramageI might be completely wrong here but I have always assumed that his name comes from the punk band Dain Bramage and because he's a Dane he put his own slant on things. Because of the type of music, (punk) I don't think he's that young, (but everyone's young to me :lol:)

@MotlhenI'm sure is from Scandiland, or is he just from England and likes playing in Scandi Nations? This is hard. :lol:

@MattyLewis11is a 30+ Londoner who likes playing in Scandiland. 

How did I do? :lol:

 

Very good :D I am 33 :(  And of course I am Arsenal fan :D 

Edited by john1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fired up my OB save :D And here is my CL group :( 

ac5c1bced811ded49cd884beff2e0e5d.png 

Will be tough and hopefully we can nick few points against Besiktas and Dortmund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

 

@DaneBramageI might be completely wrong here but I have always assumed that his name comes from the punk band Dain Bramage and because he's a Dane he put his own slant on things. Because of the type of music, (punk) I don't think he's that young, (but everyone's young to me :lol:)

34 and English. I did know that Dave Grohl had an old band called Dain Bramage, so I did nick it from there, but never actually listened to them.

I've grown to hate the name over the years, just took a look to see if it was possible to change it under the Edit Profile button but sadly not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaneBramage said:

34 and English. I did know that Dave Grohl had an old band called Dain Bramage, so I did nick it from there, but never actually listened to them.

I've grown to hate the name over the years, just took a look to see if it was possible to change it under the Edit Profile button but sadly not.

Just send a message to Brocky and he'll do it. Until recently he only accepted name change requests under very limited circumstances (like to protect your anonymity if your old name contained part of your real name), or would change the name of someone with a potentially inappropriate username, but now he'll be willing to accept pretty much any request so it should be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

@MotlhenI'm sure is from Scandiland, or is he just from England and likes playing in Scandi Nations? This is hard. :lol:

How did I do? :lol:

I am English, yep. I've played in the Faroe Islands for one or two seasons quite recently, but haven't managed in Scandiland for a while prior to that! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2021 at 16:11, MattyLewis11 said:

Pretty damn good, apart from I am from the West country ( Bristol) 

Really? I am from Gloucester :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to inform you all that if I am quiet over the next week it is due to going on a 'staycation' today's update in relation to Glimt will be my last until I return! Will try and keep in the loop with other saves whilst away but trying to get as much downtime as possible! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattyLewis11 said:

Just to inform you all that if I am quiet over the next week it is due to going on a 'staycation' today's update in relation to Glimt will be my last until I return! Will try and keep in the loop with other saves whilst away but trying to get as much downtime as possible! 

Enjoy @MattyLewis11Hope the weather is good and you get to chill. :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Just to inform you all that if I am quiet over the next week it is due to going on a 'staycation' today's update in relation to Glimt will be my last until I return! Will try and keep in the loop with other saves whilst away but trying to get as much downtime as possible! 

Enjoy it :applause:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2021 at 22:47, MattyLewis11 said:

As a rugby player know it well, where are you living @john1?

Who do you play for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, john1 said:

Who do you play for?

Used to play for Portsmouth in London 1 and Old Redcliffians in the old National three.....I'm 37 now so just enjoying still being able to play first XV rugby for my local side Old Colstonians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2021 at 18:48, MattyLewis11 said:

Used to play for Portsmouth in London 1 and Old Redcliffians in the old National three.....I'm 37 now so just enjoying still being able to play first XV rugby for my local side Old Colstonians.

London 1 :thup: is a good standard. I used to play in London 2. Never managed to get out of it though. I remember losing so many games by a single point. Tabard 7-6 Norwich 12-13 I think. Cambridge by a point too. I remember Ealing were a local derby that we used to win and look at them now! :eek:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

London 1 :thup: is a good standard. I used to play in London 2. Never managed to get out of it though. I remember losing so many games by a single point. Tabard 7-6 Norwich 12-13 I think. Cambridge by a point too. I remember Ealing were a local derby that we used to win and look at them now! :eek:

Yeah mate London 1 used to be stacked with quality sides, such as Ealing, Richmond, Bishops Stortford etc. Enjoyed playing in Hampshire but must say I much prefer the game in Bristol...the combination has many clubs so each week the games have something on them. 

Love that I have found another rugby playing FM addict. 

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Love that I have found another rugby playing FM addict. 

Add me to the club as well! 
 

Although my playing days are over now, I’ve spent a fair few hours chasing the egg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch ouch ouch! :(

59DUzE.jpg

From 4-0 up we lose 11-5 on aggregate.

W0nWKH.png

G1HBix.png

Man Utd always overpowered at Old Trafford.

Edited by Maw74
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question guys, I think this is probably as good a place as any to ask, given the diversity of saves in here and the experience of the guys posting.

I'm currently in season 6 with RB Leipzig (boooo!), I'm using an update, I simmed the first season so all the transfers and manager moves went through and then took over RBL.

We've had the best youth setup in Germany fora couple of seasons now, according to board/news items, I have several affilliates, in Spain, Belgium, Holland, Israel, Sweden and one or two others including the other RB teams. I re-negotiated each one so that they can send academy players to us, yet I haven't seen any dual or foreign players coming through during intakes and the quality has been generally poor overall too. I sacked the incumbent HoYD in season 4 and hired Bruno Conte, hardly original I know but he was available and better. But still no decent newgens, nor ones coming through the feeder teams.

I only have Germany loaded but the feeder teams do have proper players.

Am I expecting too much too soon? is only having Germany loaded causing an issue. Thanks in advance and I hope it's okay to pose the question here.

Oh, and an update, just to be safe, in season 5 (i think) my rotated team beat an amatuer side in the first round of the Pokal 23-0... I've played FM and CM from the very beginning. Never got close to that previously.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still enjoying the staycation but at the same time itching to return to FM21 and the Glimt save! For those of you who are yet to catch up on the thread, please dive in as IMO it's a great time to play catch up whilst I still have a few nights away! 

 

Shameless plug 🇳🇴 but we love it 💛 hope all are well and speak to the regulars soon 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, davehibb said:

But still no decent newgens, nor ones coming through the feeder teams.

I only have Germany loaded but the feeder teams do have proper players.

Well, if by season 6 you have a monster team which won Bundesliga and maybe Champions League for sure you will struggle to get 5* in the intakes, but even those with 3-4* can turn out as decent players for you if you nurture them with pacience. For me it took some years until I got newgens from the nationalities of feeder clubs, but not sure how having only Germany loaded influences that. But Youth Development in FM is a waiting and long term game, heck if you only played 6 seasons your first intake just turned 20 yrs old, need some more years in-game to judge on youth success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Well, if by season 6 you have a monster team which won Bundesliga and maybe Champions League for sure you will struggle to get 5* in the intakes, but even those with 3-4* can turn out as decent players for you if you nurture them with pacience. For me it took some years until I got newgens from the nationalities of feeder clubs, but not sure how having only Germany loaded influences that. But Youth Development in FM is a waiting and long term game, heck if you only played 6 seasons your first intake just turned 20 yrs old, need some more years in-game to judge on youth success.

I thought patience and longevity would be the key, or rather my lack thereof :)

I do struggle to get into double figures in terms of seasons/save length these days and that's with instant results. I'll keep plugging away!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, davehibb said:

Quick question guys, I think this is probably as good a place as any to ask, given the diversity of saves in here and the experience of the guys posting.

I'm currently in season 6 with RB Leipzig (boooo!), I'm using an update, I simmed the first season so all the transfers and manager moves went through and then took over RBL.

We've had the best youth setup in Germany fora couple of seasons now, according to board/news items, I have several affilliates, in Spain, Belgium, Holland, Israel, Sweden and one or two others including the other RB teams. I re-negotiated each one so that they can send academy players to us, yet I haven't seen any dual or foreign players coming through during intakes and the quality has been generally poor overall too. I sacked the incumbent HoYD in season 4 and hired Bruno Conte, hardly original I know but he was available and better. But still no decent newgens, nor ones coming through the feeder teams.

I only have Germany loaded but the feeder teams do have proper players.

Am I expecting too much too soon? is only having Germany loaded causing an issue. Thanks in advance and I hope it's okay to pose the question here.

Oh, and an update, just to be safe, in season 5 (i think) my rotated team beat an amatuer side in the first round of the Pokal 23-0... I've played FM and CM from the very beginning. Never got close to that previously.

If I was to tell a new player 1 single thing about the FM21 it's that they should not trust the day 1 PA stars on Youth Intake day. I have done sooooo many experiments that show they are just not accurate so unless you are checking their CA/PA then I would suggest that you might bd producing good quality Newgwns. You just think that you aren't. 

The next thing I would say is that just because a club in a non-playable league is populated with non-grey players doesn't mean that they will be getting players via the Youth Intake, (although they might be getting a small number). If I was doing a save such as yours then I would be trying to run more leagues to make it more realistic and to generate more foreign players, (but appreciate that you might not want to). 

I haven't manged in Germany since I was sacked by Regensburg in FM13, (or whenever it was), but I would be astonished if I was getting all German youth intakes coming through at any German club. There should be lots of variety coming through in terms of Nationality. That's not the same as players coming through via the Affiliates, (which will be much more rare), and the fact that you are only 6 seasons in is probably the reason for that. 

Something else I would say, (and this is opinion rather than a statement of fact), is that I believe that when you change a HoYD the results aren't immediate. It tales a while for his work to be .... rewarded, because all the work in developing the young players at the club, (who haven't yet come through the Academy), will have already been done by the old HoYD, (who is no longer at the club). It should be considered a very slow and gradual process. 

Good luck, :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If I was to tell a new player 1 single thing about the FM21 it's that they should not trust the day 1 PA stars on Youth Intake day.

Playing in Level 10/11 I've notice that pretty much all youth players have 5* PA, meaning that older players have a very low rating in comparison :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2021 at 21:04, deltablue said:

It'll be interesting to see how many people play in the Women's leagues when SI finally manage to put it in. I think I'd want to try them out.

I certainly will be giving them a go, I am intrigued to see how SI integrate them into the game....the initial interview with Miles sounded like it could be 2-3 years until they are here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2021 at 14:49, Rikulec said:

What's up guys? I'd like to share some great news with you. As some of you know, I'm a football coach and I spent the last two years at Unia Janikowo coaching the U10/U11 team. Well, that period is over. I'm moving to Warsaw this month and next season I'll be coaching the U12 team for the Legia Soccer Schools project. For me it's absolutely massive, I'm being let into the structure of the biggest club in Poland and there might be a pathway for me to work my way into the Legia academy proper in a few years. Not to mention leaving my 70,000 town (which is a bit of a ******** to be honest) and moving to Warsaw. Let's just forget that for the most of my life I've absolutely hated Legia, shall we? :D

XIktc3s.jpg

**** me, it feels weird. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...