Average age of people (gamers) playing FM.

What is your age? (In case you are playing FM)  

1,065 members have voted

1. 1. What is your age? (In case you are playing FM)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be 24 at the end of the month. So long as SI keep making FM, I swear to whoever it is thats actually up there, that I'll be playing it. like jbrownes, If I'm 69+ and FM is still about, I'm still playing it.

My girlfriend was told from very very early on in our relationship that I'm an avid gaming fan. It will not change, nor has she tried. \o/

(Will be 2 years with her tomorrow, fwiw :) )

My girlfriend was told from very very early on in our relationship that I'm an avid gaming fan. It will not change, nor has she tried. \o/

I always thought that kind of thing put girls off! I'm not really a fan of gaming (FM apart) and the girls seem to show as much interest in me as they do in the history of the Liberal Democrats. Suppose it must be my obscene ugliness and complete lack of charm or charisma. Ah well.

I always thought that kind of thing put girls off! I'm not really a fan of gaming (FM apart) and the girls seem to show as much interest in me as they do in the history of the Liberal Democrats. Suppose it must be my obscene ugliness and complete lack of charm or charisma. Ah well.

Good to see confidence in you! I wonder if there are any under 5's that are decent FMers

My Missus dosn't complaine at All :-)

She's 28 and See Plays Football Manager too, What a Women ! (Apart from when she steals my best tactic, tweaks it and beats me 3 - 0 away) !!! Share Room for Her on those days !!!!

Wow , i wanna find a chik dat plays fm lol

I am 24, my girlfriend is always on my case when I play football manager. I have played it since champ manager and I love it!! I don’t get to play it as much as I would like at home due to the fact I now have a baby boy in this world :) but I do get to play it in work ;) so roll on FM09

I'm 33 and my more attractive half doesn't mind me playing at all. She even understands the occasional exclamation of "get in there"

We used to have network games together until FM2007 when she said it became too frustrating to be enjoyable.

Hey, but I'll tell you one thing, they do like honesty :D

I'm aware that not many people have voted yet, so it's not very smart to analyze these results but I still should say that I'm suprised that the number of those who are below 15 is lower than those who are above the age of 35. Shows how FM is different than other games IMO.

49 year old American with a real interest in sports management games. First version was 2006 which I bought on the advice of other US players though the only football I knew at the time was the NFL\American football.

With FM I have learned what a truly great game football is. I would rather watch a football match on the Fox Soccer Channel on Sunday morning than an NFL game on Sunday afternoon. I really can't believe I spent so many years "knowing" that football was a boring game. My eyes are now open. The flow of a game, a beautiful through ball, a great cross followed by a header for a goal, a central defender coming out of nowhere to tip away a sure goal. So many great athletes competing, and the things these guys can do with a ball is amazing to me.

I am a bit surprised at the ages the poll is showing too. I actually expected more of the over 35 crowd as long as FM has been around. Though of course it could just be a combination of sample size and what age groups are more likely to frequent the boards.

Congrats to jbrowes still playing at 69, fantastic. I fully intend to do the same.

Fantastic post above!

And 69 wow!

I'd love to get like my Mom's bf involved..but he wouldn't have the time to be honest.

I'm 16, just finished School, been playing this game since Cm 03/04, and usually play 4+ Hours a day between November and around May...more on some days like Say a Sunday, might play literally from 10am till 12 at Night..with no breaks...rarely play it less than 2+ hours a day..although i havent played much in the last couple months, as ive been most teams in England, and haven't been able to get into any games..

i Sound sad i suppose, but i try and get out as much as possible, but my Mom brought a house 25 minutes from My 6th form, and where i go out..So don't get much chance to go out unless i pre-plan going out...means im stuck at home alot of the time,

Holycow. Im glad im not the oldest one on here ;).

Im surprised there arent more in the older bracket - a lot of people grew up with old championship manager days :).

Wish the women i went out with were interested in this game or games in general... ;)

49 year old American with a real interest in sports management games. First version was 2006 which I bought on the advice of other US players though the only football I knew at the time was the NFL\American football.

With FM I have learned what a truly great game football is. I would rather watch a football match on the Fox Soccer Channel on Sunday morning than an NFL game on Sunday afternoon. I really can't believe I spent so many years "knowing" that football was a boring game. My eyes are now open. The flow of a game, a beautiful through ball, a great cross followed by a header for a goal, a central defender coming out of nowhere to tip away a sure goal. So many great athletes competing, and the things these guys can do with a ball is amazing to me.

I am a bit surprised at the ages the poll is showing too. I actually expected more of the over 35 crowd as long as FM has been around. Though of course it could just be a combination of sample size and what age groups are more likely to frequent the boards.

Congrats to jbrowes still playing at 69, fantastic. I fully intend to do the same.

I agree wholeheartedly....I'm a 19 year old American, and while I still love football in America, The world's football is my favorite sport. I wake up early on Saturday mornings (which is crazy for a college student) just to watch any Prem game that I can find on my comp.....especially my team, Arsenal. The funny thing is, I got my love of soccer through video games....Winning Eleven 7 (or Pro Evo) and then I went FIFA, and soon after, a friend of mine showed me FM 07. I bought it, and then 08, and now I'm pretty sure I play it more than him :)

Also, my gf doesn't really complain, unless she comes over and I ignore her for hours on end. I personally think she's just fascinated that I can stare at 22 bubbles (as she calls them) for hours and drone on about how horrible my team is....until they score, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I've never seen a game celebrated so exclusively before, and I'm glad to be a part of the FM Community

started playing after the split of Eidos and SI. have played all CM and FM games after that split. bought CM03-04 just to try out once I was bored with the 08 versions of both CM and FM and it was awesome, even if it was a little simpler :)

oh and I am 24.

26 and been playing since it stole me away from FIFA Manager in the late 90s.

Partner can't quite understand why I scream at little dots for ages, but I think she's given up trying to stop me! I even get the occasional dinner brought to the desk!

Just got my CEO on to the game now (his wife said I'm not invited round anymore!)

Just turning 23 and have been playing from Championship Manager 97/98 (and I lived in Greece at that time). Stopped buying since CM 01/02 edition onwards (although I played the 01/02 for YEARS regularly), just got back into it with FM 2008 and am looking forward to FM2009.

21. it's horrible knowing that my degree will suffer purely because of a game(s) [gotta include pro evo if i'm making excuses!] but it's too good to not play!

i seriously think in a few years time we'll all get together, stand up one by one and say, "My name's ***** and i'm addicted to football manager. it cost me my marriage, my kids, and i lost my job (at arsenal, in 2013)."

I don't like the age divisions. I think it is poorly done. Should be < 12, 13-18, 19-24, 25-34, 35-50, >50

This is not a poll for advanced statistics purposes or to predict trends etc.

The main reasons, why I have divided categories like they are, were:

0. 0 -4 for fun :)

1. 5-14 basic students

2. 15-24 advanced students / job greenhorns

3. 25-34 job greenhorns or advanced job / starting family life

4. 35-44 advanced job/ established family life

5. 45-54 starting of second life :)

6. 55-64 pre-retirement

7. 65 or more - retirement

It is not the best, it may be not good, but I just want to know who and how old are we, gamers of FM series + some interesting stories.

I can not see any problem in it.

26 and been playing since it stole me away from FIFA Manager in the late 90s.

Partner can't quite understand why I scream at little dots for ages, but I think she's given up trying to stop me! I even get the occasional dinner brought to the desk!

Just got my CEO on to the game now (his wife said I'm not invited round anymore!)

That is cool :)

Is your CEO playing the game now? May be at work :)

Archived